Best Bible Version?

Before I start reading the Bible I wanted to get Sup Forums's take on which version is the best. Most people recommend the King James Version, but I have no idea why. Currently at my apartment I have the New International Version and the Giddeon's Bible. Is KJV worth picking up?

Other urls found in this thread:

evilbible.com/
wol.jw.org/en/wol/binav/r1/lp-e
amazon.com/Orthodox-Study-Bible-Hardcover-Christianity/dp/0718003594/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505790707&sr=8-1&keywords=orthodox study bible
youtube.com/watch?v=0CZjxlLdbhk&t
apostolicbible.com
youtube.com/watch?v=fktQZiGH-nw
youtube.com/watch?v=dLIabZc0O4c
biblegateway.com/blog/2013/08/study-the-bible-in-its-own-language-complete-interlinear-new-testament-with-greek-study-tools-now-available/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is KJV worth picking up?
No. Stick to pic related. Its the true word of G_D.

oy vey

Eighth Edition

evilbible.com/

NKJV or an older gen NASB.
Nothing that isn't a literal translation. Ideally something that has Greek and hebrew reference as well.

Tbph, bible versions don't matter that much.
Sure, the King James Version is legit as fuck, yet I would recommend you get a 2nd version as well that is easier to read. Bibles are dirt cheap anyway

It's all Jewry.

Christendom itself is closer to that which the cathars and basques practice. Also the arian christians.

The Bible you have now is a result of Kabbalah and Jews claiming "the Christ"was a Jewish man and not a concept. The nicest creed itself was a pagan means of galvanizing an empire that erased the history and culture of 1000 nations.

Just make sure you're not NIV-positive, as a theology teacher of mine used to say. The NIV version is very corrupt and omits and flat out changes whole passages and verses.

You want the esv version along with Calvin's commentary. It can be found online for free.

The only thing of value in the Bible is the Psalms.

The rest is kike garbage.

the NKJV is the best for those who speak english right now, in current times, for understanding

the KJV was the best at its time, but not now

languages change greatly over time

Douay-Rheims

you are a wicked person

so naive and ignorant

there very good ones, and there are very wicked and absurd ones

> having different versions of gods words

how is this even possible? legit curious.

gee i wonder why the reject daniel

CUV is best version

diffrent languages of course
and different times, english today is vastly different from the english of 1611

and even of different places

like queen's english vs usa deep south vernacular

each would need different grammar & word choice to properly understand the original meaning

John 1Hawai‘i Pidgin (HWP)

Wat God Say Make Us Come Alive Inside
1 Da time everyting had start, had one Guy. “Godʼs Talk,” dass who him. Dat Guy an God, dey stay togedda, an da Guy stay God fo real kine. 2 Dass da Guy, da time everyting had start, him an God stay togedda. 3 God wen make everyting, but da way he do um, he tell dis Guy fo do um. No mo notting dis Guy neva make. 4 He da Guy, if you like come alive fo real kine, you come by him, cuz dat kine life come from him. Wen peopo come alive lidat, jalike dey stay inside one place dat get plenny light. Den dey can see an undastan. 5 No matta stay dark, da dark no can pio da light. Everytime get light.

The Way of Men by Jack Donovan
88 Precepts by David Lane
The American Militant Nationalist Manifesto by Sacco and Vanzetti Vandal
ThuleanPerspective on Youtube
Forgotten Roots on Youtube
Take the Trad pill

New King James is pretty good.

All of the poetry of KJV without some of the archaic language.

>Before I start reading the Bible
Why would you? It's a pretty garbage book.

Ahmed plz go

how can you escape hellfire?

KJV is only good if you're fucking retarded, or even worse, a Protestant.

kjv

Because of the difference between a language now and a language as it was. Word choice when a word or phrase can have multiple meanings or the meaning is ambiguous. Translation is very tricky business.

Original Greek.

I like KJV, but it's good to compare to other versions. You can get a parallel version in print that will have up to 4 versions side by side to assist in understanding the meaning. But honestly biblegateway.com, biblehub, etc. are free and have tons of versions. You really should learn to use a concordance in print or online at those same sites so you can look up the contextual definitions of the original hebrew, greek, and aramaic.

King James is Just one big scoldfest, because the church was mad that James was gay as hell and kept promoting his boyfriend and showing him off in court functions.

I like the Oxford annotated version. It goes more deeply into original language and political conditions of the time.

Why is King James so popular?

>even worse, a Protestant.

please be serious

Anglo Protestants like the first English translation.

Berean Study Bibble is a pretty good read.

The New World Translation. The most accurate to the original languages as possible and the least bias. It is published by Jehovah's Witnesses. It sticks to the original languages while abandoning Bible tradition. It is also a study Bible with references to relating verses that help explaing other verses. It is available from Jehovah's Witnesses and also as an app on your smartphone as JW Library. It is also available on line as well.

Also

>American Standard Version
>Reference Bible
>Kingdom Interlinear
>Byington

Here's a link:

>wol.jw.org/en/wol/binav/r1/lp-e

You can also download it as an app on your smartphone.

The Chad Orthodox Study Bible
amazon.com/Orthodox-Study-Bible-Hardcover-Christianity/dp/0718003594/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505790707&sr=8-1&keywords=orthodox study bible

kjv was not the first.

Well, it's the truth. The myths are mostly nonsensical and have either no lesson or bad lessons, the poetry may be nice enough in it's original language but isn't very good as I've read. It isn't a very good book overall. About the only good part is Samson's story, it has all the elements of a good myth: a real hero, big outrageous deeds, lion killing, a riddle, nagging whores, the hero's downfall and final reckoning.

Any thoughts on New King James Version vs English Standard Version?

because of the masochistic-egoism of older is better/best, "1st" is better/best, tradition is always better, everything new and modern is sinful and against God and the Word and we always need to return to the "roots" of a thing to be the real genuine truth

yet the very scholars of the KJV wrote that they looked to future scholars to improve upon their work with further research and greater resources of into the catalog of original hebrew, greek, and even latin that they had, for more and greater minds to give more accurate meaning to the english they had done their best at

Here you go:

Exodus 21King James Version (KJV)

>21 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.

>2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

>3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.

>4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.

>5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

>6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

>7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

>8 If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

>9 And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.

>10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

>11 And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.

oh the morality.

SEPTUAGINT!!!!!!!!!

Because a lot of ignorant fools think Jesus read out of the KJV when he was at the temple reading Isaiah and any other translation is a Jewish trick.

i would be all over that and singing its praises if it didnt come from such an absurd and ridiculous circus show of a group as they

but they are very right and righteous in sweeping away tradition and man has only ever created sin with that when it comes to the Word

English

King James Version is very straightforward in stating that it is a mashup of previous translations and actual translation. It being seen as a particularly accurate version is laughable.

To read you can use all versions they pretty much say the same for study and prophecy and doctrine you should use the king james

torvalds approves
> insert linus expletive here

see:

Alexandria. Oldest know text, doesn't have the long ending to Mark or the Periscope of the Audultress. Mine dose, but labels them as doubtful. I believe the Periscope is definitely true, as Polycarp says that was John's favorite story to tell people in his old age.

Wat da problem? It sounds preddy gud to me.
Slaves and Hoes, Slaves and Hoes woot!

This. Too many mistakes people label them as new revelation.

Fair enough. However, you shouldn't judge it on the creditials of the publishers but on its own merit instead. The NWT is unique that it bypasses all the traditions and previous versions beyond the KJV and goes straight for the original manuscripts, scrolls, and fragments left behind going back 2,000 years. Here's the references used to translate it.

Original Hebrew Writings and Early Copies
>Aramaic Targums
>Dead Sea Scrolls
>Samaritan Pentateuch
>Greek Septuagint
>Old Latin
>Coptic, Ethiopic, Armenian
>Hebrew Consonantal Text
>Latin Vulgate
>Greek Versions—Aquila, Theodotion, >Symmachus
>Syriac Peshitta
>Masoretic Text
>Cairo Codex
>Petersburg Codex of the Prophets
>Aleppo Codex
>Ginsburg’s Hebrew Text
>Codex Leningrad B 19A
>Biblia Hebraica (BHK), Biblia >Hebraica
>Stuttgartensia (BHS)

Original Greek Writings and Early Copies
>Armenian Version
>Coptic Versions
>Syriac Versions—Curetonian, Philoxenian, Harclean,
>Palestinian, Sinaitic, Peshitta
>Old Latin
>Latin Vulgate
>Sixtine and Clementine Revised Latin Texts
>Greek Cursive MSS.
>Erasmus Text
>Stephanus Text
>Textus Receptus
>Griesbach Greek Text
>Emphatic Diaglott
>Papyri—(e.g., Chester Beatty P45, P46, P47; Bodmer P66, P74, P75)
>Early Greek Uncial MSS.—Vatican 1209 (B), Sinaitic (א),
>Alexandrine (A), Ephraemi Syri rescriptus (C), Bezae (D)
>Westcott and Hort Greek Text
>Bover Greek Text
>Merk Greek Text
>Nestle-Aland Greek Text
>United Bible Societies Greek Text

23 Hebrew Versions (14th-20th centuries), translated either from the Greek or from the Latin Vulgate, using Tetragrammaton for divine name

You have a problem with this while in acts paul got bit by a snake and nothing happens.

Mark 16
> 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

King James is totally cucked and oversimplifies things. It was written by some cucks from a corporation in 1600.
youtube.com/watch?v=0CZjxlLdbhk&t

To understand the message of prophets and their spiritual nuance allegories... Well you are gonna need a lot of help.

im ded

Learn greek

The most anti-Jew version is best, safe assumption.

I recommend the Apostolic Bible Polyglot. It is a Greek-English interlinear of the Old Testament (Septuagint) and the New Testament. The Apostles quoted from the Septuagint in the New Testament and the early church used the Septuagint.

apostolicbible.com

It's not there in the earliest manuscripts. Mark ended on a cliffhanger, the long ending cleans it up. It's not complicated. Plus why not reference Acts if it came later? Acts also ends in a cliffhanger too, must be like it was an accepted style and oral tradition was important, as most people couldn't read.

The only relevant parts of the Bible are the Old Testament where it tells you to kill enemies, rape and capture women, then subjugate them, etc. All that good stuff.

Then the Essene texts and other lost scrolls where Jesus is telling you how to be a vegetarian, eat raw living foods, fasting and do enemas, etc. That's legit.

You will be on your way to heaven in no time!

Almost human

The 10 Commandments are a simplified version from a previous higher culture.

NEW International Version is the best

why would you even think to post that

that horrendous blithering raving unintelligible child tantrum ranting gibberish

Papist scum. Enjoy your Cuckpope

Douay Rheims faggot.

Your pontiff is the vicar of Hell.

He is atheist or agnostic his agenda is clear thanks for wasting time

Doesn't matter that your book was written by some faggots with zero applicable spiritual knowledge. That guy is a charlatan, no doubt.

Your God was an Annunaki. He was pretty cool, just a bit of a hothead.

You sound like one of those faggots that think the constitution is a living document whose meaning changes with the corruption of language.

I'm not even religious and recognize the reality that if a holy book says X, it means X. Even if X is no longer popular, or even socially acceptable.

Live with the religion you choose, or don't, but don't be a fucking parasite and try to change it to accomodate your own beliefs.

The Ascension

(Luke 24:50-53; Acts 1:6-11)

>19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

How is this a cliffhanger after acts paul's work is not done yet

>You sound like one of those faggots that think the constitution is a living document whose meaning changes with the corruption of language.

my condolences for your uncontrollable and falsely assuming and foolish passions

>I'm not even religious and recognize the reality that if a holy book says X, it means X. Even if X is no longer popular, or even socially acceptable.

your hysteria to jump to ridiculous assumptions for angers sake is appealing and mournful

>Live with the religion you choose, or don't, but don't be a fucking parasite and try to change it to accomodate your own beliefs.

you have many great beams to remove from thine eyes, indeed

While I'm certainly an originals, only atheists and terrible Christians would the most bible stories are literal. I overheard two atheists bond over the Book of Jonah because they were special and couldn't figure it's basic purpose about self-righteousness. KJV is shit though.

p.s.
you seem desperate to think i meant that *meanings* change

no, God's Word by no means changes, but mans tongues and understanding thereof changes over time

look at old english compared to current/modern

no the Word by no means is altered but the exact medium and vernacular do indeed change, because we ourselves do even within in short times, to say nothing of generations, but on risk of losing our souls the meaning must be adhered to, by the Grace of God, in whatever speech and writing we may convey that unchanging Gospel

It's more like
>Jesus asks the father to take "this cup" from him
& cups are no longer used symbolically in everyday speech making modern normies bewildered
So a new bible version will come along and replace the word cup with "spirit/vessel

you wicked imbecile

name a tale of the Word that you yourself hold to be fantasy

You kiddies are chasing spooks and don't even know the actual history of religion, nor your genetic lineage from the patriarchs.

Maybe you should talk the Christian Identity pill. If you were worth your piss, you would.

youtube.com/watch?v=fktQZiGH-nw

no
rather
*terrible burden*

What? Acts reads as a letter to a roman magistrate concerning Paul's court case. It ends with him living in Rome for two years, and says nothing about the ending of the case, or his eventual beheading. The other 3 gospels didn't leave a cliffhanger. Mark had to be written so people would ask 'what happened next?' It's very effective in that way. I quite like the literary style in fact.

My biggest problem with that idea, is how easily it makes reinterpretation. Somewhere between its infancy in the middle east, and the modern world, Christianity lost its teeth. Mostly due to that "it's all just stories, let me explain how you should translate these clear statements". Instead of righteousness, it's devolved into submission to lesser cultures that would see them destroyed.

It disgusts me, in ways that I have a hard time putting into words. I'm a degenerate heretic, I'd never see heaven if it exists, but I can at least respect the strong cultural backbone that Christianity gave Europe, the role they had in civilizing this awful hellhole of a planet. To see them reduced to cucks, that's just sad.

>paul's work is not done yet

or option two paul died, he got beheaded in rome

>30And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, 31Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

the letters he wrote were in those 2 years

none. jesus was a hippie fag and christcucks have earned that title since the crusades ended.

Most of it, but I would call them parables, fables, or myths that are true in meaning. Let me show you one.

youtube.com/watch?v=dLIabZc0O4c

>no
>giving a symptom instead of root
>making a further interpretation instead of giving the literal translation of what the symbol was used for
People like you are responsible for the absolute worst translation errors

biblegateway.com/blog/2013/08/study-the-bible-in-its-own-language-complete-interlinear-new-testament-with-greek-study-tools-now-available/

This guy gets it. Translation is not on its own a bad thing, the problem is the way the literal translation gets changed go something less inflammatory. Or where the meaning is twisted to push something other than the original intent.

Difficult interpretation is literally the point of parables. Ancient Jewish thought reasoned with paradoxes. Parables have proper meaning only when unlocked. "Eat my flesh and drink my blood" for a short example. Nobody thinks it means cannibalism, but what does it mean? Your right to be wary of interpretation, tread slowly with a few good teachers that slightly disagree and with some fucking spidee senses.

The KJV is considered the most authentic translation, however it can be difficult to understand for a first time reader. On the other end of the scale, the NIV etc. has been changed so much that the original meaning is sometimes diminished or even altered to fit an agenda of the publisher.
I would really recommend picking up a Strong's concordance. It is a glossary of EVERY word in the KJV that lists the hebrew or greek word it was translated from, and what that word meant in it's original language. It also lists every verse in the bible that word appears so you can cross reference easily.
So for a basic understanding, I would suggest getting the ESV or similar... for most accurate understanding, KJV+Strongs concordance. Or blue bible.com is really good.

From a literary perspective, it's beautiful.

NASB is commonly used in seminaries. So I'd pick between KJV or NASB. Avoid Easy-to-Read versions as they cut out a lot of important stuff.

that was the meaning

and that is the language

like it or not

you seek to shoot the messenger

it was the english of its time, but the language has evolved greatly to be nearly incomprehensible compared to today

see:
how can you escape hellfire?

Some combination of grace, faith and good works.

Papist detected.

protestants cut books out of the Bible. KJV is the protestant version of the Bible.

Douay Rheims is a direct English translation of the inerrant word of God, which is the Latin Vulgate. If you don't know Latin, Douay Rheims is the best Bible for you.

no shortcuts

this is the only real true answer

All of them. You don't really think this collection of Jew myths are historical fact do you?
>how can you escape hellfire?
Trick question. You can't escape what isn't real.

It's literally the worst modern translation still in use. The trinity is beautiful at a one word description of complicated doctrines, but it's not found explicitly only implicitly. The KJV takes great liberties specifically with explaining the trinity, that whole sentences are introduced out of thin air. Perhaps that was useful after Catholics started killing people for translating the Latin vulgate and you wanted to make sure basic doctrines were explained properly to a public that probably only 10-40% of people who could read. Reading is and was dangerous.