Fuck me, how do Japs type on these? I already find our 26 letter alphabet too much when crammed onto so few keys...

Fuck me, how do Japs type on these? I already find our 26 letter alphabet too much when crammed onto so few keys, yet they have 46 kana. Not a single way to fit 46 characters on those keys in a practical manner. Do they use the Latin alphabet to transliterate into their own language or something? So they would type "ikimashou" and the phone would produce "行きましょう"? As convenient as that might sound from a western pov, I find it hard to imagine the Japs would use the Latin alphabet to produce their own language. What way do they use? Are they really stuffing their entire alphabet onto such a tiny surface, as if to recreate the crowded conditions of beloved Tokyo?

You may lose some humanity once you see it.

Thats why japs create romaji. Now stfu and get out since you must be below 13

So you are trying to tell me they talk in Moon with each other all day everyday, until they flip out their phone at which point they decide to communicate in our alphabet? Ya, no, not buying it.

>Do they use the Latin alphabet to transliterate into their own language or something?
I have a Japanese keyboard on my phone and yes, that's how it works.

Dear jesus, that is some next level retarded.

Also, what do you mean when you say you "I have a Japanese keyboard on my phone"? You just said it uses the Latin alphabet, so you have a Latin/western keyboard, the only difference would be that the software transliterates it into Moon.

The romaji system isn't just for the benefit of westerners, you know. The Japanese even created their own system that is somewhat different than the Hepburn we know.
This is what it looks like.

Ya, that looks exactly like the keyboard I am typing on right now, i.e. a western keyboard.

>The romaji system isn't just for the benefit of westerners, you know.
You say that, but it was first developed for exactly that, the benefit of westerners.

Japan needs to get rid of the ancient Chinese hieroglyphs and just use basic Katakana/Hiragana. Those fuckers just want to die out and vanish from history instead of accepting they're not some special snowflake on their tiny island.

>just use basic Katakana/Hiragana
No. Only people who have just started learning Japanese think this. Do you know how hard it is to read a kana-only sentence? The insane amount of homphones? Kanji actually makes it easier.

So much this. Once you learn kanji, you see the "rune" and instantly know what is meant. If everything were in kana it would turn into a horrible mess, not least of all that your average japanese paragraph would double in length.

This is likely the system that their flip phones use too
Just like the western ones of old but with 5 characters per number instead of 3
Idk about the tech in their phones but mine has the dictionary for kanji that it converts the kana from

F >uck me, how do Japs type on these?

I >already find our 26 letter alphabet too much when crammed onto so few keys, yet they have 46 kana.

N >ot a single way to fit 46 characters on those keys in a practical manner.

D >o they use the Latin alphabet to transliterate into their own language or something?

S >o they would type "ikimashou" and the phone would produce "行きましょう"?

A >s convenient as that might sound from a western pov, I find it hard to imagine the Japs would use the Latin alphabet to produce their own language.

W >hat way do they use?

A >re they really stuffing their entire alphabet onto such a tiny surface, as if to recreate the crowded conditions of beloved Tokyo?

Y >ou may lose some humanity once you see it.

> how do the japs use these?

They uh, find a way

>its a meme post in disguise
Kill me

Oh fuck this, fuck everything.

Fuck you.

FUCKING BULLSHIT
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
FUCK THIS FUCKING BOARD

>You may lose some humanity once you see it.

FUCK YOU OP, I fucking hate you so much.

Reminder if you don't report, ignore and not saging, it means you're the one who's doing the samefagging.

Grumble grumble phone posters

I actually took the screenshot, uploaded it to Drive, and then posted from my PC because I'm autistic like that.

FINDS A WAY

Not him, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and thought so

I hate to break into your imaginary weeaboo world, but most people in Japan use standard touch screen smartphones now. And have done for a long time.

That was legit good. Not like all the other Keit-Ai posts where people just samefag replies.
You have my bravo OP.

That phone is something like 8 years old now.

10/10

You forgot your fanfic post.