Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1554

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ankiweb.net/shared/decks/japanese
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love Japanese.

DJTにようこそ!

Hey guys, is there a script that could transliterate Tae Kim's guide into full romanji? I want to learn grammar before I bother with kanas and kanjis so I can start watching anime and read before I start with the awful grind.

>Well shit how do I pick then. Is there something like egs or vndb

>What's something compelling without an anime adaption?

I share this question.

Sorry, this is for LNs by the way. It was the last post in the last thread.

>romanji
>kanas
>kanjis
fdasfksjdfhkjasdfdf

No.

JUST learn japanese

Where does one find Japanese content written in romeji?

I know this is bait but come the fuck on

I'm coming back to try again after a little more than half a year, looking for some advice

For Anki, it recommends not resetting a deck after coming back because there will inevitably be cards you remember even if the process is slow. However after this long is it worth following that advice or would it be faster to just restart the deck? I was around 700 cards in.

dont reset

Can someone please transcribe these?

変速集団キャラクター ギャグ開発中

What the fuck does this mean? I've been trying to figure out just what this means for a few days now.

"varying speed group character gags under construction"?

Did your ban expire already?

koko made

gururito

The only path to mastery is through hard work

因果応報

>create a new profile (don't delete the old one yet)
>add the deck you were doing before
>set new cards to 700
>make a strong cup of coffee
>force your way through the new cards

Now, depending on your performance, you may decided to:
>(if you remembered quite a lot of cards and/or easily relearned the ones you forgot after having your memory refreshed) return to your old profile the next day
>(if you remembered very little) start a new profile and begin again from scratch

Alternatively, you can just say "fuck it" and just start a mining deck instead (assuming you were using a pre-made deck like Core6K before).

>日本人の男の娘と結婚したい
>日本人になりたい!
>IT DevOpsで務めって、月収80万以上稼げられる
What is the probability of any of these happening?

やや
ナナメ
目尻らいん (?)

here is your first vocabulary word in romanji:

dekinai

How about you learn some Japanese first, I put that into a dictionary and nothing came up.

>reading perfectly fine
>start mumbling the kanji i don't know how to say but still know the meaning of
>understand the sentence

how bad is this. i feel dumb but i just can't get the sound to stick. i'll get it eventually right

sono hanmen boku no chinko o shirabenasai

Just trying the deck out again makes me think fully resetting is not what I should now. Also, yes it's the standard 6k deck though I had kanji radical deck I was working through and a general kanji deck I had began but for less than a week.

For another method, what about halting new cards or heavily limiting them and increasing reviews for a few weeks?

It means you should re-evaluate your perception regarding the use of various board functions, such as, but not limited to, the quote (green text) and spoiler function (black box).

g-good enough, I see if it makes sense in the context, thank you.

>It means you should re-evaluate your perception regarding the use of various board functions, such as, but not limited to, the quote (green text) and spoiler function (black box).
>caring about any of that

Fuck off.

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to turn off new cards for a few days while you get back into the swing of things.

As for increasing reviews, you should have already set your max reviews/day setting to the maximum level (9999).

hi, currently in the process of learning hiragana as well as a bit of grammar. At what point do you start to learn words with the characters you've learned? I'm not too eager or in a rush to get to that point I just want a better understanding of what happens and when and the process of learning.

After you memorized all of the kana and start the core anki deck, so about 3 days in.

Is there any way to view the edit history of the guide? I'm curious to see how its changed since it was made.

What's the methodology behind that? Do you just study as much as you feel like with that many reviews?

Evading bans is against the rules.

So is your paranoid shitposting.

If you don't have your reviews set to (practically) unlimited, you will interfere with the spaced repetition system which Anki employs since it won't be able to show you cards when they are due if there are too many other cards due on the same day.

thank you, i'm looking through anki right now, which decks should I use in the future?

ankiweb.net/shared/decks/japanese

What makes you think I ( ) am ban evading? I was asking seriously. I'd like to be able to see all the edits to the guide like you used to be able to with the old one.

Did you reply to my post by mistake?

Read the OP.

Can someone upload or tell me where to get only the first volume of キノの旅 / Kino no Tabi

nyaa has a megapack rar of all of them which doesn't let you select only one volume so yea..

and the megapack doesn't even have seeders

welp

It's in the CoR, you brainless ape.

much like your posting

酷い..

dude the guide has everything a beginner would ever need. look there before posting

What the fuck is this? Why is it in pictures?

not true the guide does not have a free wanikani subscription

wheres your texthooker now biotch

better play hanahira instead 爆笑

That's how most LNs are. It might be different for more recent ones since many get digital releases now.

Have you ever read Japanese? They have so many squiggles it would take 1000 years to type it all, so they just took pictures with their phones like any sensible person.
Post more pictures of this cute girl please.

Well what alternative sites are there, if not nyaa or the CoR? Even series with kindle versions have only pictures on nyaa

Try 詰め合わせ in the CoR. It's only text formats. Though I don't know if KnT is there it probably will be, as it's a pretty popular shit.

Not there unfortunately. Neither is 終末. Both CoR and nyaa is pretty lacking from what I can tell.

You need to give adequate context if you're going to ask a question like this.

Your translation is more or less correct, it's just an impressive-sounding title the manga artist gave himself because he's proud of churning out large numbers of gag characters.

Is there any language proficiency test that's either fully in kanas/romanji, or if it's an online one lets you use a text hooker? I've been reading for 2 years and I'm practically fluent and can understand anything, but never bothered to learn the kanjis.

i hope so this would help me alot

?中はどうなってるのか

背中

are you joking dude it's in the first 500 words of core

背中
Next time put it into google translate, that shit is completely visible printed character.

>背
Thanks~

I ctrl+f it in all five mega directories. What you have is something inside of another folder, so I can hardly see what's inside without downloading everything.

Brutal.

THICK
H
.I
C
K

You know what else is brutal?
海豚
>sea pig
>=dolphin

All the recommendations are usually just popularity contests, so there's nothing but popular shit adapted to anime on top, index, oreimo, sao and other shit like that.
Just pick anything you can use rikai on from CoR.

Is you're English good enough to read and fully comprehend "Social Choice and Individual Values"? If not, how do you intend to learn Japanese?

>I ctrl+f it in all five mega directories.
>I ctrl+f in pic related and then complained how CoR doesn't have what I need

2/10 Got me to respond.

See the タイプ column in CoR? Anything that isn't a scan can be converted to html using calibre.

I don't even understand the English in DoJG m8. Fuck grammatical terms

That, and the four other ones. I found it anyways, but only thanks to the screenshot since I can't look inside those zips, you know.

The text collection in the CoR has some 8,000 files. If you're looking for something just download them and search through it.

I feel like I'll become a communist if I finish reading that page or some shit. Looks dangerous.

Social Choice and Individual Value's main goal is to convey Arrow's impossibility theorem, which states that a group of people cannot possibly vote in a unified, logical manner. It's an essential read for anyone intended to seriously defend democracy.

how to clear brain fog?

i drank coffee and rubbed my face with sardines and i still cant think clearly, its really hurting my retention and i cant sleep until i finish these reps

Txt collection is also mostly regular literature, including a shit ton of western works translated into Japanese. There's not much actual anime girl books there.

Go play some game or go to sleep.
Forcing your reps will just ruin your willpower too.
Make sure you do them all tomorrow as soon as you can.

1.Fap
2.Achieve 賢者タイム

Don't do reps when you're tired

Sleep is how you get rid of brain fog

Well reading LN feels much easier than even nukige or easy VNs for some reason. I recommend people to try it if they haven't yet

Whatcha reading anonymous poster buddy

Are you for real? It's pretty obvious that you can't search zipped files. You have to download them, unpack and only then you can search. This shit is below 1 GB of size for fuck's sake.

>rubbed my face with sardines

i meant eat sardines

Kino no Tabi

If you want an example, this is the very beginning:

そして暗闇《くらやみ》が生まれた。
 まったく光のない。d
 月も星も見えない。
 緩やかな風で森がざわめく音だけが、闇を飾るように聞こえてくる。
「そうだなあ……。なんとなく、だけれどね……」
 ふいに人間の話す声が聞こえた。少年のような、そして少し高い声だ。
「なんとなく、だけれど?」
 別の声が発言を促すように聞いた。さらに若い感じのする、男の子のような声だった。
 ほんの少し静寂《せいじゃく》があって、最初に聞こえた声が静かに語り出した。まるで自分に言い聞かすような、誰《だれ》もいないところへ向かって喋《しゃべ》るような口調だった

Literally easier to comprehend than a nukige about some guy moving in to live with a bunch of girls..

>暗闇《くらやみ》
>静寂《せいじゃく》
>喋《しゃべ》る
Don't tell me you're reading it just like that without converting it to html with proper furigana

With that kind of furigana, you know it is for middle schoolers or lower

How do you do that? I do have that Firefox thing set up, something with that?

Jnovel formatter

The format is author then title, and katakana as first character of title ends in part 2/11 so there's not to much foreign stuff. All the weeb shit I wanted was there (admittedly pretty popular stuff).

I'm late with my some of my reps, like, 3000 reps late: what's the best way to catch up with those?

Have you tried doing them?

Hold the Enter key, pretend to be an Anki warrior

Cool stuff, thanks user

おはようおにいちゃん

ふわふわ

Of course, that's what I'm doing.
But I don't know if that's really efficient: I have forgotten a lot (actually, most of those, it's a deck I completely abandoned quite some time ago, I'm still doing reps, but with another one), and I'm afraid that, by the time I catch up with everything, I will already have forgotten some of the first reps I did when I began to study this deck again.