So wait how are these guys fucking over leaves?

So wait how are these guys fucking over leaves?

Were they late on an order or some shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

ft.com/content/8fd721f6-9c9b-11e7-8cd4-932067fbf946
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

elaborate

142062234->

I still dont get what this has to do with the company.

dude fuck off boeing

Strya, Boeing link. need it

Im mostly a lurker and trying to figure out how to use arrows and stuff.

Boeing is crying because Bombardier got money from the Canadian government so it's just not fair.

Ah. Thanks leaf

From my (limited) understanding of the situation, Boeing was apparently pissed at some bong company because their gov't subsidizes them or some shit. Unfair competition and all that jazz.

Then one day Mr. King Cuck himself decides to interject himself into the issue for some reason, call us Boeing and starts talking mad shit. In response, Boeing did a thing (I don't remember what) that is bad for Canada.

That's probably at least 40% correct, I think.

go figure that shit out here Leafy, link? I need Boeing drama in my life right now .

Boeing, with the support of President Donald Trump, claims that Bombardier is using government subsidies to dump its C-series planes onto the aviation market. The U.S. firm argues Bombardier is only able to do so because of the support it receives from Canadian and British governments.

Bombardier, which denies the allegations, faces the prospect of significant financial penalties if the U.S. trade authorities deem a punishment necessary. Further to this, while Bombardier is based in Canada, the firm also employs around 4,500 people in Northern Ireland and workers at the Belfast-based plant could be under threat from the ruling.

>not investing in the MID

Military Industrial Complex is great returns...

Get fucked poorfags.

found one

ft.com/content/8fd721f6-9c9b-11e7-8cd4-932067fbf946

Thanks for the clarification, leafbro.

The U.S. Department of Commerce is due to hand down its initial ruling on Sept. 26 on whether to impose countervailing duties on the C-Series

- Boeing gave up the single isle passenger plane market ( 737 ) back in 2006 for the 787 / 797's
- nobody bought big airplanes, Boeing wants to go back to making small airplanes
- Boeing loses all the big Gen 5 contracts to LMT
- Boeing has no customers for the Super Hornet, needs to shut down the plants
- Boeing lobbys hard to get people to buy Hornet gen 3, tries to get countries to buy Boeing commercial stuff
- Nobody wants Boeing stuff
- Boeing tries to sue Bombardier for using tech
- Bombardier says the patents are open source, #dealwithit
- Boeing tries to block Bombardier from selling jets to USA airlines
- Canada bails out Bombardier to complete the single isle jetliner
- Boeing complains to Trump

Its literally an mini-Avro Arrow scandal, just with more social media and shitposting. I don't care enough to get involved, its way above user's power level. Boeing was one of the biggest Clinton donors, its not worth fucking with the "Big B"

*leafs

>- nobody bought big airplanes, Boeing wants to go back to making small airplanes

I never got this. Like no carrier would want to buy large capacity planes yet the A380 was selling heaps.

muh TSR2

>the A380 was selling heaps

No it was kind of a disaster.

You forgot to mention Bombardier is a Quebec Gov corp that can't ship shit on time. They can't even make fucking streetcars on time, let alone shit that goes 500kph.
I'm a secret leaf but fuck Bombardier.

Jets are purchased on credit and then the airplane is then leased to the carrier. Boeing's strategy was to rely on US EXIM to give stupidly long loans to purchase jets. When US EXIM folded this allowed Airbus to have a competitive advantage (using cheap Euro interest rates) to outprice Boeing in the commercial market.

So now Boeing jets are about 60% more expensive then anything EADS makes which fucks them. LMT and General Dynamic are 100% military so they don't give a fuck. Boeing is hoping if they can bully Canada then they can go fuck with other countries like Japan ( "b-list" markets).

Its a really fun sector, but its 99% politics.

>Then one day Mr. King Cuck himself decides to interject himself into the issue for some reason
The Canadian government was supposed to buy a bunch of new fighter jets from Boeing but now Trudeau wants to axe the deal (worth $15~$19 billion) because who wants to do business with someone that's suing you?

So who IS the commercial liner industry leader atm? Boeing or Airbus?

So it's government subsidized economic warfare? Jesus fuk, just reunify anglo empire allready.
Strya, dood. No one can read that without a subscription.
Is Boeing making those new Old style Rhodesian Bush planes. Foxnews just changed their layout making it harder to navigate search. any way. The R39 or something?

Way off on that mate, boeing's been pushi g 737s hard for decades against the a320. What they're trying to do is stifle competition in the single aisle mid capacity category while offering 737-10s to placate market demand for 757s that the future 797 will address. The rest of the stuff is spot on though, f18s are nearing obsolesence and f35 doesnt fit canadian mission requirements.

Canada had a bad experience with the Hornet mk 1 ( CF - 18A). We wanted to buy F22's but the production line stopped so agreed to roll the orders to F35A's which are good enough for work.
When the F35 cost jumped from 30mm a plane to 150mm a plane, it would have sunk the budget. We still need them, but Trudeau wanted to fuck with Harper so agreed to let Boeing back into the room, despite everyone else in NATO agreeing to phase out Hornet F-18 D/E. The intent was for this to be a plug fighter which will allow Liberals to claim a win on defense policy to offset the delays to the Frigate program while at the same time fucking the CPC legacy. Boeing took advantage of the situation and is trying to embarrass Canada in the critical first few weeks of the NAFTA negotiations where each side tables all their grievances.

I suspect Trump is trying to get political points by putting Aerospace on the table to win concessions on soft wood & grain protectionism.

The bombardier planes are smaller than modern 737's though. It's a different market segment. I don't know why they're so upset.