Story is inane, being retardedly messy, and in the end, a complete waste of time

>story is inane, being retardedly messy, and in the end, a complete waste of time
>animation is as bland as bland can be
>god awful writing, with a whole one character being decently written
>said character gets zero screen time in the first season until the last few episodes, with 90 percent of the entire series devoted to Mayama's autistic, melodramatic love story
>second season has zero redeemable qualities, with every single aspect of the series becoming worse than they already were
How do people like this garbage? It's bad enough that people actually like this, but many even call it a masterpiece. It's shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SlRuTZccFFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3IOw88Wi4C0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The manga's art was inconsistent but overall it was a very good read.

>Dat OP though
youtube.com/watch?v=SlRuTZccFFQ

Based on college students so it's automatically top tier. Go back to Sup Forums, summer.

I'll bite.

Elaborate on why the writing is awful. Because all you have been doing is making declarative statements.

I just found it incredibly boring I had to drop it. I really hate when everything revolves around love, love triangles and crushes. Like literally who cares if he likes her but can't tell her or she likes that other Morita retard, why should I even give a shit?

Like it because it accurately reflects various situations that adolescents find themselves in as they struggle to mature into adults.

I completely agree with you on the second season though. Absolute shit for the most part, particularly the final arc where Hagu gets injured. First season is my gold standard for SoL. Oh how I wish Sangatsu no Lion was given to Kenichi Kasai to direct.

Why did you even pick up a romantic drama if you hate it when everything revolves around love?

I watched this like 8 years ago when I was just starting with anime and developing tastes. So I picked this up because back then it was very popular and decide it to give it a try. Now I don't go anywhere near shows that focus on romance. Not OP by the way.

It appeals to people who like "mature" melodrama, but it's just bad. The author improved a lot with sangatsu no lion, so just wait for the anime of that.

Oh, that makes sense.

shinobu made whole fucking show
youtube.com/watch?v=3IOw88Wi4C0
that plus I liked seeing the Friendzoned girl getting pwnd over and over.

This brought back fond memories.

I CAN'T REMEMBER ANY ANIME WHERE THE MC GOT KEKED HARDER THAN THIS.

Although it's obvious that I'm completely unable to give you answer that'll please you, I'll respond anyway.

Right from the beginning, the series encounters the worst problem it has: confusion. It feels as if the direction of the series is stagnant, with it not knowing how to progress, and therefore juggling between plot lines, constantly switching between the main story and a completely unnecessary love story between Mayama, Yamada, and Rika.
Worst of all, when this overly dramatic, two-dimensional stage of lifeless characters interrupts the main story, it won't just leave. It drags on, and on, and on, taking up the majority of the series following the first few episodes.

Then there are the characters. All of them except for Takemoto are completely inconceivable. Every single one of them except for Takemoto feel as if they can be described with a whole single word. They're static, lacking anything except for a basic definition.

I'm actually a fan of her other series. I was surprised when I watched this, seeing how flat it was compared to that series.

>frontrunner

Didn't he still lose in the end?

Nope. That and I remember the series literally ends with our MC in tears over being cucked and becoming some bitter farm boy.

Jesus the anime WAS shit.

He lost in the sense that Hagu became incapable of social interaction and Shu-chan took her away from both Morita and Takemoto.

Oh you read sangatsu first? Yeah, this will look like shit by comparison even more than usual.

He lost, she decided to be with her primary caregiver instead as Morita was too irresponsible and wishy washy.

She didn't decide shit. After her injury Shuuji went full fucking protect mode and basically forced Hagumi to stay home and do her art there.

I dont know, it was fucking boring, watches 4 eps, I mean im not even talking about it being bad or good, if a series cant even do the most basic task which is hold my interest why would I even bother.

Great anime, one of my favorites a true 10/10 except for that god awful ending.

I mean sensi ending up with Hagu was retarded, she should have ended up alone. He was her father figure, not to mention her cousin but the last episode it was suddenly
>I love her too! hahahaha morita I win!
It came out of nowhere.
Otherwise I would love to erase my memory of the whole series just to watch it again.