Intellectual deconstruction or pretentious edge?

Intellectual deconstruction or pretentious edge?

Also please don't Asuka/Reifag too hard

>needing someone else to decide for you

Looks like you missed the point

I just wanted to know some other people's consensus. Don't be a faggot and assume shit, I have my opinion and I just want others.

Neither of those. Its just a great anime.

if you don't understand it, its pretentious, if you do understand it, its intellectual

Not sure about either but it's pretty enjoyable/unique experience and we're still talking about it a lot years later so that has to count for something

Evangelion is pretentious. Monogatari is a much better anime.

Actually, it's like this:
- If there are more female primary characters than male, and the females are cute, it's intellectual;
- If there are more male primary characters than female, it's pretentious.

What happens after the end of evangelion?

Asuka best grill

^ agreed

>Intellectual deconstruction or pretentious edge?
Neither?

Manga>[NGE(1.11>2.22)>EoE]>3.33>3+1

>Manga

>best

Is that really true? I never read it.

I mean chronology sequence but I'd choose that order for the best though.

This is some advanced fanwank

So the manga takes place before the events of NGE?

I'm gonna go for pretentious yet intellectual deconstruction
Not really edgy though

Make sense anyway.

Which is more pretentious: GitS or Evangelion?

No, pretty much 1.11.

NGE>EoE>Manga>1.11>2.22>3.33>3+1

Ergo Proxy

It's a more along the lines of being a pretentious show for pseudo intellectuals.

Eva can be accurately summed up as "baby's first symbolism." It's not nearly as deep as Evafags would have you believe nor is it as good as most on Sup Forums would have you believe. It's merely okay. Not complete shit but not anything to write home about.

NGE>EoE>Manga>1.11>2.22>[3(>3.33)+1]>1.11**

ANNOOOOOO.

fuck off already

Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just an autistic worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino. The only reason Eva became popular is because it pandered more to pervert pedophiles (most anime fans, especially Sup Forums.) Evangelion is the go-to anime for newfag plebs. They say it has "deep" characters but they really only like it because the 14 year olds show a lot of skin. A big difference between Gundam and Eva is that 0079 has one of the best endings in anime history and Evangelion has not one, but two of the worst.

Are you sure you're not projecting? I'm currently watching 0079 and I don't see why I can't like both.

That's like saying you can't make a movie about humanoid robots because Terminator already exists.

#REKT

why would they watch 14 year olds when the could watch lolis?

baiting this hard

Tomino can't direct a scene to save his life and he doesn't understand human people. Conversely, Anno is a ridiculously skillful film-maker who can carry himself out of any potential flaw purely on the power of his directing and the depiction of real human struggles in the show is among the best in the medium.

The whole deconstruction angle or whether EVA was "the first to do X thing" is completely irrelevant when it comes to quality.

>someone has a different opinion
>it has to be bait there's no other conclusion

>#REKT
>its not bait guise i promise
>opinions
opinions dont matter, get the fuck out of the thread if you dont like it

Superior taste anontachi

You seem to be the only one who has a problem with opinions guy. It's not like it's what the thread was about or anything.

True? Y/N

Check'd

What does 3(>3.33) even mean?

Anno has big ears.

He's a reincarnation of the Buddha

UU
UU

Now we must shout into those big ears of his that he needs to hurry up and make 4.44

[3(>3.33)+1]

3(*)+1=3+1

3 is events after 2.22 and +1 after 3.33.

For me.

Can it be both at the same time?

(UU)^2

U2+U2

I gave this show a try last month for the first time. Honestly, I wasn't a fan. It wasn't an "edgy" thing... it was just kinda boring how the plot never really seemed to come to fruition.Like, every episode had the potential of a really neat (though unintentionally so I've read) backstory but never really delved into anything but the surface.

Then at the end they were just like "Never-mind, here's some stupid psychedelic shit". It was quite the let down.

The movie didn't really add much else either besides bring me to the realization that they just didn't develop any of the characters or their relationships with one another.

4U

this, holy fuck anno is good

(+ U U U U)

Oh my god i just remembered that anno is doing Godzilla

When will it be available in non-camrip with subs in the US i wonder

Anno/Lucas is spot on. Including Kojima's a bit unfair, but probably the most fitting choice.

sqrt(16) x U

I would pay shekels to watch it in theaters. Is it going to be a big Godzilla film? Will it be shown internationally?

I'm still rustled that he postponed 4.44 for this.

#include stdio.h
int main {
for(u=0;u

>THIS is why 4.44 was postponed

>it won't even be shown outside of Japan

>int main

>return 0

>not void main

>implying burger theaters would show a Japanese movie
>implying burger theaters would commit the mistake of showing a Japanese Godzilla movie again after the first flop
>implying burger theaters would show a Japanese Godzilla movie when there is a local burger Godzilla and it might confuse the normalfags
And even if they did how are you going to bypass the no singles policy?

#include

int main() {

int u;
for(u=0;u

What I read is that he had writer's block for 4.0 and didn't know what to do, so he took up the Godzilla project to refresh himself or something

>for(u = 0; u < 5; u++)

You realize this will print 5 U's, right? You fucked up.

>void main
I'm not reached there.

Care to explain?

>they just didn't develop any of the characters or their relationships with one another
wat

you sure you watched the right show

The function doesn't need to return anything because its just printing out 5 U's.

I fixed here

programmers are autists

>mfw fags code around me and don't use hungarian notation
"YIKES"

>Its a user tries to get a 4 but fails episode.
Watch this, check my 4 ill get it 4 u

Why my professor always do that?

It's my waking nightmare, and it tells me the way to kill it. I will always have gratitude for this thing

>4
>10
>3
>413

HUUUUSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE

I'm all ears to hear how.

Yeah, they made some pseudo attempt to make it a coming of age story for the main protagonist... but it really didn't extend past his daddy issues.

Between the other characters, it was all relatively flat. The red head was a fiesty lady, the blue head was a cold lady, the darker blue head was a motherly lady. And they way they reacted to one another remained constant. And that was it. There was virtually no change in the mold throughout the entire show.

Basically, I'm saying the characters could all be summed up in one word and it wouldn't begin to be inaccurate. There was nothing more to them.

>Like, every episode had the potential of a really neat (though unintentionally so I've read) backstory but never really delved into anything but the surface.

Show's one of my favorites and I believe this.

I won't bother. This is like a 12 year old kid who doesn't know what a function is asking me to lay out integration for him.

Read up on the many material that exists around the web, or maybe just rewatch the show.

>I'm all ears
So is Anno.

see

I think that is a pretty big understatement. Sounds like you are biased against Eva.

Its more than a "coming of age story". Its more of a "just fuck my shit up" story. Every character gets fucked over some how and everyone just asks to serve their own interests.

I think it captured human nature pretty well. Every main character seems to represent some sort of personality disorder too.

What did you expect? For Anno to drag the story on for another 26 episodes just to cover all the back story?

Lurk more, or look up the archive. Variants of this thread are made everyday.

Nah, it is effective in its own way. The protagonist is a kid born after the disasters and wars and he grew up in a bubble, he doesn't have any impression of the world or what it used to be like. He even seems bored by it when it comes up.

People who get caught in "where are the ANGELS COMING FROM" likely missed the point.

Hey moot.

Does he really think shes the best girl? Maybe he isn't as much of a faggot as I originally thought.

Well when you write yourself into a corner like he did with 3.33, then it's easy to see why it's taking so damn long to get the 4th one out

I don't understand that logic. Of fucking course I'm biased against Eva. I watched the thing in it's entirety and found it lacking.If we want to count that as bias anyhow.

I'm not going to argue against the "capturing of human nature" since it half assedly attempted to do so in a very simplified manner. My only point is that the PLOT could have been way better if they actually expanded on the various beings that came to Earth (Lilith and Adam) and actually developed ANY of the characters beside the protagonist who remained flat throughout every episode.

Re-watching that show would be me condemning hours of my life to torturous boredom for a second coming.

Also, I did read the wiki about the show before watching it. The wiki was actually pretty neat - because it took what little substance there was in the show and put it all in once place.

But again, little substance.

I don't understand how you can think the characters remained flat. I'm almost sure that you didn't actually watch the episodes and just put the dub as background noise while you played SRW or something.

Like there are 180° changes in outward attitude and worldview for almost all the main ones as their hopes get crushed and they descend into a downward slope of madness and self-loathing (except Rei who is the sole character who genuinely grows and becomes more positive during the TV show)

IDK user this sort of thing just doesn't resonate with people like him.

He's not suggesting you read the wiki, he's suggesting you read/watch a critical analysis of the show.

>deconstruction
stop
pleeeeeease
I'm going to resurrect Derrida so he can sodomize you with his pipe until you stop raping this word.

>raping
The term was an abortion to begin with. Derrida's Of Grammatology is a completely worthless text with nothing of value to offer that is just latched onto by clueless NA posmodern lit crits who are completely familiar with French, Derrida or his influences.

The original word literally doesn't mean anything. It's just embarrassing wank.

>le postmodernism sucks meme
F*ckin epic

Post modernism is literally trash.

Literary trash, user. Always literary

>edge

This meme is really getting out of control

Because a normal programm i supposed to return a status code. 0 if everything worked well an superior to 0 if something was wrong.

Incidentally, if we go back to the place Derrida took his little word from - Heidegger, you will probably find that the usual, everyday usage of "deconstruction" in fandom is in fact not all that divorced or disconnected from the original intention of the idea:

>Tradition takes what has come down to us and delivers it over to self-evidence; it blocks our access to those primordial 'sources' from which the categories and concepts handed down to us have been in part quite genuinely drawn. Indeed it makes us forget that they have had such an origin, and makes us suppose that the necessity of going back to these sources is something which we need not even understand

>If the question of Being is to have its own history made transparent, then this hardened tradition must be loosened up, and the concealments which it has brought about dissolved

>it has nothing to do with a vicious relativizing of ontological standpoints ... We must, on the contrary, stake out the positive possibilities of that tradition, and this means keeping it within its limits

>On its negative side, this destruction does not relate itself toward the past; its criticism is aimed at 'today' and at the prevalent way of treating the history of ontology

You don't even have to read the actual texts, you can find this stuff in wikipedia. It's a trivial exercise, then, to simply consider the creative works that are to be "deconstruction" as literary/ontological criticism themselves.

ITT: people who don't understand Eva.

NgE is not about the story, the Christian symbolism or being deep, eva is all about the characters. It has one of the best cast of characters ever put to screen, and the show does a wonderful job, analyzing, developing and deconstructing them. Eva is not about the mecha battles or the waifus, it's about the difficulties of human communication. Anno wrote stuff he was familiar with, he had Asperger's syndrome and that aspect of his personality can be seen in all of his characters. What makes his characters so special is how personal they are to him, and that's why they are so well written. I know psychology and i have studied autism/Asperger's, and I can tell you all right now that Anno is a genius at writing such characters.

>he had Asperger's syndrome

>had

Did his autism go away? I suppose that's why Sup Forums loves Eva so much, because we're all autistic as fuck and can related to them easily.