Did Mirai Nikki have a lot of media buzz when it was airing?

did Mirai Nikki have a lot of media buzz when it was airing?

it's listed as the top 10th most popular anime series on MAL but i cant figure out why it was so popular except for riding on death notes coat tails

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1iQl46-zIcM
youtube.com/watch?v=oUrtxlDCeQY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God I fuck hope not, I remember like what, 5-7 years ago when this shit was popular here, everyone would spam that fucking shit psycho girl, nowdays most people agree itd terrible so I guess everything is right in the world again.

youtube.com/watch?v=1iQl46-zIcM

Also its fucking MAL, those fuckers have like 10 different ovas and movies of Gintama among their top 20 anime.

>neo-Sup Forums hates anything good
>likes shitty wanpiss naruto and bleach shit

Makes sense. Also, on your way out, kill yourself.

>neo-Sup Forums
>mirai nikki is good
Masterful, 10/10.

Chill out autismo, Mirai Nikki is legit shit, if you like it then I suggest you visit MAL, plenty of people there with the same shit taste as you.

>MAL
Kill yourself.
Mirai Nikki is great.

Its shit.

Why does everything need to be either shit or the best thing ever?

What happened to "meh, it had some high and some low points"?

Dude Naruto had some high and low points, this is just shit.

Maybe because it's entry-level yandere so that appeals to people who aren't familiar with that archetype?

I thought it was alright. An enjoyable enough watch but nothing special. The MC was fucking unbearable though. What a dumb whiny cunt.

It was a fantastic B-tier anime. Nowadays we might be lucky to get one A-Tier anime with a bunch of C and D-Tier anime in a season.

It had a nice opening

It's shit, but yes it did it was immensely over the top and spawned an exploitable meme.

Considering Yuno is now the quintessential "yandere" to basically everyone now, only a select few of you autists thought it was legitimately shit. Big Order is legitimately shit, Mirai Nikki is at the very least average, but certainly not a masterpiece by any stretch.

Baby's first yandere anime.

People liked it at the beginning but hated it after it shat the bed near the end.

Well when the entire second half of the show is low points it doesn't exactly leave a good impression. I honestly liked it at first but it started going full retard once the Mayor started to be a villain.

This is fucking sad, I remember back in the day when saying the word "yandere" evoked memories from Higurashi or Shuffle and some others, nowadays nobody knows anything except for this shit, it was not bad but it's not the masterpiece everyone claims it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=oUrtxlDCeQY

>entry-level yandere

Genuine question here:

Just how many other yandere animes are out there?

Higurashi barely counts, though that's yangire, school days I know of, and then there's this chick.

MN was one hell of a ride.

Slow down old man, this ain't School Days. We're on current Gen's yandere.

It's carried by Yuno but there hasn't been a girl as good as her since.

You need to update your bait user. Neo Sup Forums likes Tokyo Ghoul and Seven Deadly Sins

It's objectively terrible, but I still enjoyed it for what it was.
Big Order is just awful.

JoJo most recently, not a yandere anime as a whole but you may think of her as a more aggressive Yuno if you haven't read the manga and only see her two episodes.

Lot of MAL kiddies are edgy 14 year olds, that watch stuff like this because they think when a show shows violence against minors and features "fucked up" teens it's mature. It's the same reason Elfen Lied and goddamn School Days are so popular.

It's basically Kotonoha, Yuno, and Kurumi. There's other shows with crazy girls, but I don't think many that follow the actual "yandere" crazy/love format without stretching the definition to fit.

I remember that the threads were a shitfest, but we had loads of fun while it was airing
Everyone knew it was shit though but that didn't stopped us from having fun just like SAO threads

Its awful but its a real guilty pleasure for me.

Any good Yandere Manga's out there?

>neo
Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

>Considering Yuno is now the quintessential "yandere" to basically everyone now, only a select few of you autists thought it was legitimately shit
What the fuck is this logic? She's an obvious and memorable yandere, that doesn't make the show good.

It was alright, not 10/10 best anime ever but worth a watch once. I'd give it a 6/10, I always don't consider the OVA canon because it was gay.

normies sucked it up for some reason.

Dunno about specific mangas but there's that one visual novel with the girl that goes yandere and then breaks the 4th wall by speaking directly to you and deletes the save file.

>normies

Would Koharu no Hibi count?

>Koharu no Hibi
Not familiar with it but a google search shows it might be.

All you have to do is ask two questions:

>Is the girl madly in love with the MC (or a specific male character) and no one else?
>Is the girl so insane that she'll kills someone (even her love) out of love-crazed obsession?

Babby first yandere. Sure wish we could just forget this shit.

While no one dies in Koharu no Hibi, although I wouldn't have been surprised if anyone did die, the girl is madly in love with the MC to an insane degree, to the point that she "takes back" the first kiss he had with another girl.

The show is shit, a fun shit, for me is ´´The Room´´ of anime.

>did Mirai Nikki have a lot of media buzz when it was airing?
mirai nikki (manga) always had an almost underground following because YUNO was everyone's favorite yandere. Really she was the only really cute yandere in existence in japanese media. the concept of this hyper cute incredibly insane chick spawned a LOT of pixiv art about her, and really that pixiv art was all most casuals might have known about her.

Ignore the fact the manga and anime suck, that super secret vangard of fedora wearing hipsters REALLY pushed yuno. I mean it was hype as all fuck around here when news came out they were making Miria Nikki anime. because Yuno was the thinking man's waifu. This vangard of "elite" and "knowledgable" anime fan built insane hype for this shitpile, and lorded their knowledge of this obscure manga over the pleebs of Sup Forums

Of course it was amusing as all fuck to watch because mirai nikki was the second manga I actually read, and I did precisely because I wanted to know who the pink haired cutie with a bloody axe in a pixiv artwork was, and was pointed to the manga (this was back when code geass was blowing up Sup Forums). Even though it was only the second manga I ever read, I could tell it was shit. So when mirai nikki was getting an anime I got to watch how something mediocre in the extreme with a single memorable character (yuno) became a phenomenon with the hype feed by the fedora wearing hipsters of Sup Forums. Proving of course hipsters have the worst taste.

I unironcally like this show. Suck my dick.

I remember following the manga with Sup Forums while Hox did it, good times.

Because MAL is full of beta-faggots that enjoyed to self-insert into the whiny fucker of Yukiteru.

This sounds about right. The only reason I read it was because I really liked Higurashi at the time and wanted more "cute psycho girls." Except Yuno was the only interesting thing about it, and not nearly as good a character as Rena or Shion.

Pretty sure it's more popular in the West than in Japan, or at least the anime was. The anime actually flopped in Japan, though the manga sold well.

>Yandere
>Yuno
She's not basically one, because she was already insane before knowing Yukiteru. She's more like a yangire.

But she placed all her insanity in her love for Yukiteru.
Yanderes tend to have stuff going on before the fact.

Big Order is better.

Speaking on MAL does anyone know how to filter search anime in a more efficient manner? It keeps showing me some shitty list so I go on animeplanet to filter search for anime is there any better site?