Seriously, though, how does it work?

Seriously, though, how does it work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Watch that episode of Futurama with the Harlem Globetrotters. That's how it works.

I just don't get what "erasing" portions of time means. Shouldn't it be exactly like The World?

No, because a period of time happened, and then was erased. The world stops time from happening. It's not the same at all.

So it happens first, then gets erased? How does causality work in that case?
Is it the opposite of GER where actions take place, but their result is nullified?

>Is it the opposite of GER where actions take place, but their result is nullified?

Yeah, basically.

>How does causality work in that case?

Theoretically, if the cause of something got erased, the result will go away too, as you can't have a result without a cause. But Araki was inconsistent, as I recall (it's been a while since I read it), in writing it that way.

>Yeah, basically.
I think I get it. The time that King Crimson erases retroactively influences the outcome of the action, so that if a bullet is fired, the action of firing the gun won't take place?

What happens to the bullet after the headshot part gets erased?
Is it intact as if nothing happened, or covered in blood?

Narancia's death.

IT JUST WORKS

This doesn't make any sense. Why would the person still be alive but the bullet would move?

My problem isn't that the concept is difficult to understand, but I think the way it worked was inconsistent. I could be remembering wrong though.

Because the bullet was still shoot

This is the shit that didn't make sense to me, if you're just removing some time the guy should still be dead. You just wouldn't get to see the bullet hitting him.

King crimson only works on the user
For example ten other people are also shot within that erased time would still be dead but the stand user would be unhurt

As if nothing happened. He actually does this to get someone behind him shot without moving.

"Erasing" is a shitty translation. A better explanation is that it causes one's perception of time to skip. It's like a song skipping ahead by a few seconds because the CD is scratched. Only Diavolo can move within that skipped space.

Isn't it more like events continue happening within the affected timeframe, but Diavolo himself is unaffected by whatever happens within this timeframe?
As such it could be described as temporary invulnerability by removing oneself from time

This is true. This is the most accurate translation of his powers.

Basically, he's immune to the consequences of his actions.

This is applied to various events. Epitaph predicted Diavolo would impale Narancia, killing him. Diavolo activates King Crimson, resulting in his action of pushing Narancia onto the spikes being carried out while he's free to move around and find a place to hide. Think of it as a phantom Diavolo doing the dirty work while the real one gets to reposition himself.

This exactly how KC works.
It lets him cheat fate and move within the skipped time.
Not to be confused with Epitaph which lets him see 10 seconds into the future.

Epitaph belongs to KC though, doesn't it?
Without it, wouldn't KC be useless?

>Without it, wouldn't KC be useless?
Kinda. Using King Crimson would be more like a bet.

Not useless but yes it does.
Some anons like to belive it's actually Doppio's ability though.

>a bet
Always a winning bet, though.
Since Diavolo isn't affected by what happens, the worst-case scenario is just nothing happening to his enemy. And he could easily figure out when to use it with a bit of common sense.

Diavolo can see the future and what just happened attack

In essence the same as The World, but almost completely uncounterable. There is a space of erased time he is capable of moving about freely in, though there is also evidence that the time is merely skipped over and not outright erased. In any case it won't matter because what it means to you is that you can never even get close to him without him being able to karate chop your fucking body in half from an angle the laws of time and space never intended. It's so overpowered that the only way to beat him is to fuck the universe even harder than him and punch him for eternity.
In hindsight a weaker stand may have been more desirable.

Still, he might end up moving somewhere that leaves him open. Maybe in front of a fist or a train. Either way, it doesn't work well for a guy trying to hide his identity.

Forget King Crimson. That shit's easy to figure out. How the fuck does Bites the Dust work? How the fuck does Killer Queen start out from blowing shit up to causing time to rewind? What's the fucking trigger for that to happen?

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0

An extremely simple (if maybe not technically correct) way to understand how KC works is that it's a form of mass hypnosis.

When KC activates his ability, everyone in the area is completely shut off from their senses. With all them removed, you have no concept of time or space and the events right before and right after this period would feel like they were seconds apart.

You ever been really tired, go to sleep instantly without any dreams and then when you wake up in the morning you felt like you were only out for a couple minutes? That's the feeling KC gives to people. This is why the blood trick works the way it does, the blood was always moving, it's just they weren't conscious of it at the time so when their senses return it suddenly became way longer.

Now, as for how diavolo kills narancia or knows how to avoid bullets, that's because he actually has a sub ability, epitaph. This lets him see a few seconds into the future, which warns him what actions to take to (combined with the regular KC ability) get what he wants/not die. KC is very fast and strong and jojo characters in general have really good reaction times, so to anyone looking it appears as though diavolo just teleports past all harm and instantly kills you when actually he's physically moving, you just don't notice (think of those silly cartoons of dio moving polnareff down the stairs in frozen time).

We can assume this is true beacuse near the end of the fight mista and trish manage to keep diavolo at bay somewhat by combinging their powers, thus we can assume that diavolo spends all of his KC time getting past the attack and can't move

Hope this helps

Except they don't just lurch forward in time acting as normal but forgetting it.

That time is literally erased. However, if you image that will has some form of tangible value but is not erased along side the time and actions of the time erasure victims, then it is feasible to have the will to perform an action manifest itself as the results of said action that would have taken place.

I like to imagine its a lot like that Hyperspace Gate episode of Bebop where the missiles get stuck in Hyperspace but are still visible as phantom missiles in regular space. The action (missiles) gets lost to the erasure but the resulting actions (phantom missiles) are still present.

He can't attack in the skipped time though, the only attacks that can be done are the ones that would've been done without skipping time. If he were to, say, fight The World, it depends mostly on his own skill. If the prediction was that King Crimson gets his shit wrecked, he could use his powers to avoid the damage he would've taken while also getting whatever punches he would've thrown at The World performed, as well as a sneak attack once he moves out of the way. However, his stamina limits how often he could use this power, and with DIO's super strength, Diavolo would eventually lose to him.

>How the fuck does Killer Queen start out from blowing shit up to causing time to rewind?
Something that trips people up about stand powers is that they don't have specific abilities so much as they have concepts they embody and abilities they use to meet that.

In the case of kira, it's ability isn't "blow stuff up", it's "protect the identify of kira yoshikage", because it suddenly appeared because he really really needed help hiding the evidence of his murders.

The first bomb cleanly removes all traces of his victims (besides the hand, if he wishes) down to the molecular level, the second bomb lets him destroy pursuers that are trying to find out his identity, and finally bites the dust lets him forever prevent anyone that DOES know his identity from meaningfully telling others.

The trigger is learning Kira's name from the trap. He blows up the target or targets and sends time back an hour, with only Kira and the target remembering what happens.

Say the woman was on the sidewalk and Diavolo was across the street. Epitaph predicts that Diavolo would run across the street and shove her. Diavolo then activates King Crimson, where the woman still gets pushed and falls over, but he doesn't have to go across the street to do it. He then walks off with the woman lying on her face.

HOW in the flying fuck is it possible that people still don't get KC's powers?

Shitty translations, until Daxing Dan gets to KC, it'll stay fucked forever.

Let me show you how

King Crimson is a lag-switch for reality. It just lags.

It has been explained to death, we all have seen like 5 or 6 pics that explain how it works. I fear the day the anime will get there.

Problem is that they're either hazy or wrong.
This is one seems to be the most consistent.

It this isn't enough I really don't know what to say.

Until we can see it with our own eyes, have a stand bio page that makes sense, and edit the wiki because they don't know shit, then we're fucked.

Everybody's got one of these I see.

He pulls timelines together and fucks with cause and effect.

A - B - C

A/C are now merged, B didn't happen anymore.