Why does the Idol anime craze still exist in a post Perfect Blue world?

Why does the Idol anime craze still exist in a post Perfect Blue world?

Did Japan just ignore its moral?

Other urls found in this thread:

today.com/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have no idea how much effort and energy is pumped into everything and anything that is franchised in Japan.

Threads like these are the reason I hate Sup Forums.

You prefer the Love Live threads?

I thought the moral was she was a giant whore.

Sex and empty promises sell in Japan

no one gives a fuck about a shit head's film

If that chick that got stabbed by the sociopath guy dies things could get interesting fast. They're also thinking of starting to regulate special event ticket packaging schemes too like AKB48 uses to sell millions of discs

Why didn't mcdonalds go bankrupt after Supersize Me?

Cause nobody cares

Not him, but yes, absolutely.

Well, it's more that everyone realized Supersize Me was done on corrupt principles and that it is in fact possible to eat nothing but McDonalds and still lose weight.

today.com/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158

But why is Sex so cringe-worthy in Japan? How did they mess up "Put a hot girl on stage" so badly?

>In Europe and the USA, Perfect Blue was seen as a comment on the pop idol phenomenon. Was comment or criticism one of your own main intentions?

>No, the film is not based on any criticism. If the audience get the impression from watching the film that the idol system in Japan is like that, I'm embarrassed. Of course I did research before making the film and I visited a number of these idol events, but I didn't see the kind of example that is used in the film. Also, to reveal behind-the-scenes secrets about the entertainment world was never my intention. I simply wanted to show the process of a young girl maturing, becoming confused because her old set of values gets shattered, but who is reborn as a mature being as a result of that. That's what I wanted to describe. But because I had to stick with the idea of an idol, the film came to talk about that particular world.

Intractable honor-driven society that meticulously pigeonholes its people faster than you can say "Protruding nails should be pounded down."

You're assuming he's telling the truth, but in reality he's afraid to get ostracized and shunned from the industry by telling the truth how it is.

Tell me why Perfect Blue is anti-Idol.

No one will ever care about anything you say

I read that for the past six years AKB48 has made the best-selling single. It made me wonder if those were truly the best songs made each year or there was something else to it.

Yeah, was about to say something liek that - Perfect Blue is a commentary on celebrity and public personas and how they can twist around and upon the celebrities who have to adpt them...

Wait, what? She's not reborn by the end of the movie, she's stil completely schizophrenic at the end, she fucking has to tell her own reflection that she's the real herself after talking with someone who thought she was her because she's completely wacko insane and prone to seeing tiny fairy versions of her self who mock her.

The Idoru Mafia must have leaned heavily on him after Perfect Blue if he's going around saying his movie was about "maturing in general" like that.

I heard that Yazuka 5 goes on to denounce the idol-industry as complete scummy horseshit.

>But why is Sex so cringe-worthy in Japan? How did they mess up "Put a hot girl on stage" so badly?
Cultural differences at work, user. Japan values youthfulness more than the west does, and it became a sexual ideal. It's why christmas cakes are a thing in japan but not in the west.

>not reveling in degenerate otaku culture
This is why ESLs and normalfags need to fuck off.

>You have no idea how much semen is pumped into idolshit franchised in Japan.
FTFY

People want to sink in the delusion. Real world is scary, escapism is all they know

>I read that for the past six years AKB48 has made the best-selling single. It made me wonder if those were truly the best songs made each year or there was something else to it.
What the fuck are you on about? The best-selling anything of any year, in any industry or country, is almost never the best of those things made that year. Are you like twelve or something that you seem to think that this is some kind of unusual event?

>The Idoru Mafia must have leaned heavily on him after Perfect Blue if he's going around saying his movie was about "maturing in general" like that.
>Inventing conspiracy theories so you can be more correct than the director.

And I almost thought you had a legitimate opinion.

But it's all going to end in tears anyways, user, why not make those tears over real things?

Because one movie doesn't change the cultural landscape. How naive do you have to be to think otherwise?