Why does everybody think this anime is *SO BAD*?

Mind you, I don't think is was great, or even good. It was okay to mediocre. Stuck me like a typical average anime aimed a older teenage boys. Nothing more and nothing less.

But everybody says that is the absolute worst anime they have ever seen. What is it that makes it so bad?

Play the VN and then watch the last episode in which they changed and made up literally everything.

>Play the VN and then watch the last episode in which they changed and made up literally everything.

And did those changes made everything worse?

Oh lord, have mercy on the poor souls who watch the anime first without knowing the VN beforehand.
They will never understand boxes, O-Front or the importance of our Blue Sky.

Read the VN or don't bother with this.

10/10 VN turns into a 5/10 anime
>And did those changes made everything worse?
Take a guess.

OP will never know the truth of that hospital.
OP will never know Spark Wars.
OP will never understand Whose eyes are those eyes?

It was my first VN, which I read on a whim. Having read many more since then, it's pretty impressive just how much is going on in the story. It's no wonder the anime sucked shit.

I'm not doubting it's bad, but I find it really hard to believe that bad a last episode can retroactively ruin the ride up to that point. It was probably already shit to begin with. And the OP image looks like generic battle harem #13904505340, which does nothing but reinforce my suspicions.

Have you read Noah?
There is much more shit going on than you think when reading the PC version.
The anime cut out the best part and replaced it by filler.
Takumi's act on O-Front is legendary in-universe and one of the best scenes in the VN.

YOU ARE SUPPER SPECIAL

>It was my first VN, which I read on a whim. Having read many more since then, it's pretty impressive just how much is going on in the story. It's no wonder the anime sucked shit.

How does the VN rate with the Steins;Gate VN (and Robotics;Notes if you know)?

OP has never looked for his sword.

Not him, but the consensus is:
Chaos;Child > Chaos;Head > Steins;Gate > Robotics;Notes

Chaos;Head is garbage so your consensus stinks pretty badly.

It's familiar, somewhat, and they have a similar setting. Chaos;Head has a more sinister feel to it, and the plot is more complex. It's deliberately hard to follow at times, with delusion being the key theme, but it's at least as entertaining as Steins;Gate if you see it through. S;G was released later and references C;H, not the other way around, so it's better to read first (in my opinion). I haven't read R;N.
No, I'll have to check it out.

Care to elaborate?

>built a divine illusion machine
>got beaten by some faggot whose body was made of D-Swords

Noah inserts some additional scenes into the main route after playing through it once and clears up all of the uncertain things.
For example, after the chat at the beginning, we see the same thing from Shogun's perspective.
Noah has enlightened me, I now know everything there is to know about it.
It feels great.

Well, shit, I guess I'll have to check it out. Which means I should reread Chaos;Head, first time I read it was... about 6 years ago. Fuck me.

You'd need to know moon though.
I can't read Kanji that well, so I only got half of it, but it was definitely worth it.
What surprised me the most was the fact that the essay was inserted into the readable script.
Someone needs to translate it. I tried but couldn't make sense out of it. Well, I guess that's the point of that essay, but I think it's quite important to the general scheme of things.

Chaos;Head falls completely apart halfway when it enters chuuni territory.
That's a shame because the delusion concept is interesting and it starts pretty great.

But it was always in chuuni territory.
It's impossible to write these kind of stories without getting the lable "chuuni" stuck unto it by someone.

Neither will you.

But I do already.

YOU ARE ALWAYS SPECIAL THAT'S WHY YOU ARE HERE WITH ME

Chaos;Head is anything but a generic battle harem. Trust me.

Anime remake when

the vn is worse

I'm really fucking mad that I wasn't able to find the sword. I felt like an idiot for fuck's sake.

>he thinks C;H is a generic battle harem
>probably has never even heard of C;H

I've never been so disgusted. Stop watching battle harems.

Should have been better in LN format
the same goes for Re:Zero, it's better in VN format