So let me get this straight...

so let me get this straight. This guy's motive for killing thousands and trapping everyone in a death game is because he was bored? What kind of SHIT WRITING IS THAT?

Apparently you have never read/watched a documentary on serial killers/psycopaths/sociopaths and witnessed what one is like. Lurk moar and educate yourself.

The kind where you're high as fuck

He's bad news.

Honestly? It made sense to me. How much do we all fantasize about being someone amazing? Living in a fantasy world? Experiencing the adventures all those heroes do?

Add a touch of sociopath, and I can actually understand his reason. He just wanted to be MC of a fantasy story. He was the only character I didn't think was completely retarded and unbelievable.

Same reason God made everything desu.

Of all the countless things wrong with this shitshow you pick the one thing that's okay for a completly crazy villain?

So the point of God ending the world at some point is to purge all things bad about it so it can become a kingdom of all things good?

he's right though, it's still lazy writing

Wasn't that line only in the
>dub
?
Are you watching
>dubs
user? For real?

Didn't he do it for science?
I think I would do it too if I thought I could get away with it.

>If I die in the game, I'll die in real life!
>Except for when I can respawn myself at any given time I want

>Strong badass independent womyn who don't need no man mmhmm's character development basically went backwards

>Highest budget tentacle rape hentai of all time

>Losecest

>That insufferable fucking AI daughter that needed to be squished at any given moment

And this is one of the most iconic anime series of this 2010's.

>Of all the countless things wrong with this shitshow you pick the one thing that's okay for a completly crazy villain?
Fucking this.

Don't forget
>We're trapped in a death game, so lets all go bully the strongest players with the most knowledge

>Kirito is the strongest and most badassest because I said so and the mechanics in this MMO make no fucking sense

Of all of the complaints about this series, this is the most retarded.

>Losecest
?

Also
>manages to powerlevel way faster than everyone else >only spends a few hours each night powerleveling, spends all day dicking around with low-level parties

>a person with a lot of power
>abusing it
Yes, this has been happening all around the world.
And that guy just used his research on that.

Did he actually kill anyone tho. I mean he just trapped them. I blame the scrubs dying to mobs or the players fucking killing each other.

He literally had a god complex, make the world and just watch people die/kill each other.

I never thought about it until now.

>throwing people in a cage full of lions
>I didn't kill them, the lions did
ok then retard

Throw people in a city with no felines, but surrounded by cats in the outskirts and lions further away from there is more fitting though.

Boredom is pretty damn dangerous, it makes people do destructive things. Kierkegaard called it the root of all evil.

I thought he did it because he wanted people to not spend their lives in game(s) and in reality instead.

The worst thing was how he was portrayed as a noble dindu nuffin at the end of the first arc and second arc.

He trapped them in a prison from which the only possible escape involved risking their lives for months on end. That counts as murder.

I think somewhere along the series it was mentioned that some players married NPCs because they grew tired of finding a way out.

Can NPCs even get pregnant?

>This guy's motive for killing thousands and trapping everyone in a death game is because he was bored?
You mean you wouldn't trap thousands of innocent people inside of a death game and watch their despair as their comfy lives crumble away, all just for shits and giggles?

>This plot is unrealistic because the motivation makes no sense.
Well actually it isn't unrealistic.
>This plot is lazy because the motivation makes sense.

Noone said it's unrealistic, op said that it was shit writing, and it is.

not everyone died therefore everyone could have potentially survived which means if they had worked together properly then it could have been a zero death game.

he could've just told people the idea and have volunteers play the game, not trap innocent clueless people

I think he wants them feel "fear".

No one will feel it if they already know they'll be trapped for a while.

I bet you think Jigsaw isn't a murderer either...

Fuck it, let's take that to the logical extreme:
>stab person in the neck
>they die
>if they just moved out of the way they could have potentially survived so I'm not technically a murderer!

We're already doing that, it's called Sup Forums

so what, it's still murder

>wikiHow_HAYAI.jpg

>just tell them
And taint the sample What kind of terrible methodology is that?

Never said it wasn't. Read the goddamn post.

the one where you don't become an autistic mass murderer and can still play your god game? even people in hxh knew that it was dangerous to go to greed island and they still did it

>2016
>people still talk about SAO
Was this really that revolutionary?

Look. When he trapped those innocent people, he knew he's gonna be a murderer. And he let it happen. Because he never cared if he'll be killed/arrested by the end.

What you gonna do about it? It's already written.

>It's already written.
and it's shit writing, that's the point

>you can do science without being an asshole
Sure but why would you want to?

Robbers cave study
Stanford prison experiment
Aids tested on people without their knowledge

I don't want to sound like an asshole but it doesn't have to be revolutionary to be discussed, does it?

>Was this really that revolutionary?
It stole the virginity of one of the coolest premises in recent anime history, then dumped her for that slut 'battle harem'.

What does that even mean?
What makes shit writing and what makes good writing.

It's not like being trapped in a game was a never before seen concept before SAO came along.

>hurr I don't want any characters to die
>fuck this shit writing
You sound like you have Sachi as your waifu.

>le science :^)
ok then autismo
interesting writing is good writing, even fucking hyakka ryouran had more interesting antagonists, using "cuz he's crazy" for the whole plot is just extremely lazy

I don't mind characters dying, but don't make up shit excuses for shit writing

Why marry them? They're NPCs. Collect them and use them as fucktoys and punching bags.

>It's not like being trapped in a game was a never before seen concept before SAO came along.
Of course, but SAO was the first to give us a taste of 'trapped in a VRMMORPG with permanent real-world death'.

And that's a crying shame too, because we're going to have to wait years before we can see that premise utilised properly now - everyone else is too scared that their work will be called a SAO-clone.

Careful with that edge.

If your entire point is "lazy shit is lazy shit" then you have no point.

Whenever a male character is introduced in SAO there's a 50% he's a psycho/rapist/both

You think that was edgy, bud? You should've seen my post before I rewrote it. Pssh.

I doubt it, it's just a retarded concept, might as well just write an isekai story with rpg mechanics
so you're literally saying that lazy shit is not shit, wow you sure are retarded

He completely forgot

I thought .hack did that before

Log Horizon did a pretty good job with the whole getting trapped in a game thing, but it's more about actually living in that world than pure survival.
Which I don't mind. Battle Royale isn't that much of a novel concept, either.

What I am saying that you are lazy and your opinions are shit.

so you have no points, nice

>might as well just write an isekai story with rpg mechanics
No, that's retarded. There are 8 million of those already. The reason SAO's premise is so interesting is because it literally takes place in a VRMMORPG - and thus has a plausible excuse for RPG mechanics, and also a setting which the audience could imagine themselves in some day in the future.

>bud
>Pssh.
wow dude fuck off

> The reason SAO's premise is so interesting
But it's not interesting and just ends up as a clusterfuck of plot holes. You can imagine yourself being transported to a fantasy world too.

I will never forgive japan for making Sword Art Online more popular than Accel World. AW is so much fucking better.

It's honestly some of the best writing in SAO.

>so you have no points, nice
This is what I have been driving at from the beginning.

My opinion is shit and your opinion is shit and we all have no points because you cant make a good sharp point out of soft warm shit.

>Kirito is the strongest and most badassest because I said so and the mechanics in this MMO make no fucking sense

The fact that
>ONLY I THOUGHT TO LEVEL MY HEARING SKILL, BY HEARING
Was a thing will never fail to make me laugh

Why do you want to self-insert into some fat kid?

>But it's not interesting
Simple negation isn't an argument.

.hack never did any sort of perma-death thing iirc
I don't know why I can't get into Log Horizon. There's nothing I particularly dislike about it, but I just don't find it very interesting for some reason.
>it's more about actually living in that world than pure survival
I guess it's the survival aspect I find more interesting than the 'trapped in a virtual world' setting. I liked Grimgar more than Log Horizon, for example.

nice strawman, uninspired wiring is gonna be shit writing regardless of opinions

I don't. And that's exactly the problem. You don't need a self-insert character to have a good story. Haruyuki is a far more interesting character than ANYONE in SAO, but unfortunately, there's idiots like you who refuse any story that isn't headed up by a bland self-insert character.

>this two still arguing

You two try to construct your sentences without using the word "shit". This will make you point out what is actually "shit" on the writing. Go on. Try it.

>I disagree with you therefore you are wrong.
Yup I guess I am wrong then. You have fun in your right party where all your favorite anime are the best and everything you hate is trash.

Simple statements aren't arguments either, also I pointed out how "living in an mmo" is a retarded concept that makes no sense and just leads to plot hole ridden shitfests. That's why it's not nearly as popular as something like isekai stories which allow a lot more creativity because they don't have the same pointless restrictions.

>caring what happens to lines of code that are no more sentient than that guy you killed on the side of the street in GTA
Kirito, is that you?

Sorry dad.

so let me get this straight. This guy's motive for creating chaos and all-out power struggle is because he was bored? What kind of SHIT WRITING IS THAT?

being a condescending retard with no arguments won't get you far in life
you sure like using deflections and strawmans to disregard any sort of objectivity in an argument, good job retard

>"living in an mmo" is a retarded concept that makes no sense and just leads to plot hole ridden shitfests
Plot holes like what?
>There's some new technology that allows someone's consciousness to be interrupted which is used for virtual reality games.
>Said technology has been secretly wired to be made capable of killing the player by some means which doesn't need to be explained.
I don't see how the concept necessarily leads to plot holes, as long as the writer thinks it through.

>You can imagine yourself being transported to a fantasy world too.

Sure, if you're an autistic retard who believes in fantasy worlds and has low enough intelligence to compare it to vr technology that is already here in primitive form.

>objectivity
>argument

It wasn't because he was bored you fucking mongoloid, he wanted to experience humanity one last time because where he comes from they all act like fucking lifeless robots and have given up on life.

>trapped in MMO world
>don't want to die fighting monsters
>but still want to live, have a family
>the girl character you liked/chatted/have fun with during the game is actually a boy
>every one is actually ugly lying pieces of shit
>during exploration of the town, meet cute flower girl
>chat with her, fall in love with her
>have a family with her
>live a simple life and be an NPC

extreme emotions, sadness/loneliness in this case, will make you do things. heck there exist a person who married his dakimakura.

>being a condescending retard with no arguments won't get you far in life
Stop being a defensive whiny bitch. Your arguments are only "shitty writing". Point it out like a man.

>sao has no plot holes!
Ok then, I guess Kirito breaking the game code through sheer will makes a lot of sense.
>muh technology mcguffins
By "primitive form" you mean putting two screens in front of your eyes. Wow sure is vr right here. Realistically noone has any idea how transporting a whole consciousness into an electric device would work, so writers who have even less clue resort to using pseudo science buzzwords without knowing what the fuck they're talking about. There's no problems like that in a fantasy world, you just decide how things work and they work like that.

Ever heard of this thing called waifu?
What do you think it would happen if people could touch them?

Terrible terrible crimes.

and your argument is "hurrhurr no arguments allowed cuz opinions r stuped" disregarding any sort of objective stand point on how making a story elaborate affects the writing

Do you even know what objective means?

Holy shit you're even dumber than I could have imagined. Not only do you think that his concept requires 'transportation of consciousness' to work you also seem to keep arguing that it's as realistic of a concept as fantasy world. Stop arguing right now, leave Sup Forums and fucking end your life because there is no future for a retard like you.

so now you're resorting to semantics to deflect into yet another strawman, wow you should be a politician

> it's as realistic of a concept as fantasy world
Because it is you deluded Sup Forumstard.

>sao has no plot holes!
That's not what I said. Don't be dishonest like that. I said that the PREMISE ITSELF doesn't necessitate any plot holes. I'm not talking about SAO: I'm talking about the premise of SAO. Please acknowledge that important difference.

>Realistically noone has any idea how transporting a whole consciousness into an electric device would work, so writers who have even less clue resort to using pseudo science buzzwords
That's a non-issue. You don't need to invent pseudo-science to explain such things, because we know that brain activity is electrical in nature, and because of that, there's nothing conceptually difficult to grasp about the idea of some advanced technology being able to override the sensory aspect of brain activity.

The secret is for the writer to leave the exact details of the technology unexplained.

Well that too
Most of the time even

Out of all the shit wrong in SAO, I actually liked this guy. I'd totally have done the same thing. Who wouldn't wanna play god?

So it's just a curious thing that sao, .hack and pretty much any vrmmo anime has been a plot hole ridden shitfest. What a coincidence.

>You don't need to invent pseudo-science to explain such things
>proceeds to talk about vague pseudo science
Ok.
>The secret is for the writer to leave the exact details of the technology unexplained.
So have a restriced unexplained cookiecutter world, wow sure is better than just writing a fantasy world.

Dude. I was just saying that you two to point out the "shit" on the shitty writing.

I'm not arguing that it's not shit.

Just fucking read my post for fuck sake. I'm not even this guy. We're not even talking about SAO. Fuck this thread.

You are totally right. Lets have a conversation.

Assuming that you are still the same person.

Is it correct to summarize you as having said that you think that the motivations of the antagonist are lazy writing?

I disagree with that statement.

If that statement is actually what you believe can you expand on your thoughts? What is it about those motivations that you find lazy?

If that is not what you were trying to convey respond with what you actually would like to say.