Ace Attorney / Gyakuten Saiban

New episode soon.
Will the real heroine of this case get the screen time she deserves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ktGgSLSiaW8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Needs more Von Karma.

>Soon
When?

Right now.

Now. It started five minutes ago in Japan.

why doesn't that chinese stream site air it?
The one that start with an M

I take it that everybody dropped this?

Don't know. My usual chinese stream is down too.

sherming5555 on vaugh is a shit quality stream if you'll take it.

thanks

Actually I wasn't watching until the last episode. Turnabout Goodbye is the only reason I want to watch this.

Geh, the story-telling is getting bad again.

>Mayoi: You should fight for the sake of Mitsurugi!

Even Mayoi/Maya is baiting for the fujo. What the hell?

Mayoi is cute!

She is a bit way so childish for me.

Bet girl is here.

Next week she'll take the spotlight.

Who?

Polly of course

Oh, it was female?

Maya is gonna accept any punishment you give her.
Choose wisely.

JPN is name is Sayuri.

why is it showing conan now?

Cause you missed it.

I'm going to hold her hand.

dang

Is this up to Ema yet?

You know it won't be.

There are rumors that Rise from Ashes adaptation will be around same time they release DGS in the West.

Eat your justice, hamburger

>That user who posted that the best villain is objectively Simon Keyes
It would have to be the one guy from the game that I'm only playing now. Finished case 2 and am curious to see how he'll evolve.

Ema when?

Enjoy it, friend. Finished AAI2 only recently and completely fell in love with it.

Edgeworth a be/a/st

Never ever
More like you want them to ruin Ema in this anime as well?

that sucks. Don't worry, I got it spoilered too somehow (not directly as in 'he's the villain' but more as in what he did) and I still enjoyed the game very much.

Also Shelly DeKiller is GOAT.

Post your rare shipping.

:^)

Why would you randomly post that bitch who isn't even going to appear in the anime?

Would've been cool if for promotional purposes they instead gave guys who do special TGS episodes a budget to make some sort of character-driven comedy mini-series.
>It's a Trucy and Pearls being sisters episode
>It's a Apollo cleaning the toilets episode
>It's a Athena being worst girl episode
>It's a Larry Butz, what the fuck was he doing for 7 years episode
I'd watch the shit out of that.

Finish AA5, Simon and athena has a great backstory but ghey fail to make them great character(Simon work better in funny moment like edgeworth).
Also phoenix believing in the client like tournabout goodbye or apollo justice still annoy me

Why is this always at least an hour late? I can't wait much longer.

You know, it'd be weird if they wouldn't change OP when they'll finish Turnabout Goodbyes. They do need to show there Franzie and Pearls.

I just hope they won't be giving it to a fucking boys band. OP by Rei Yasuda might be tits, I surprisingly never skip ED.

It's up on HS's site now

Why he is so perfect.

>Raised a child with superiority complex because he was favoring another man's kid he adopted only to kill 15 years later
Father of the century. Although, I think Franzie would've been raised with superiority complex without Miles.

HOLY SHIT, THE CORNERED MUSIC IS IN

+ BASED MAYA

I think this is the best courtroom episode yet

I really liked the first half of the episode.

Not saying the second half was bad, but the first half was great.

downie Maya a CUTE

I'm really disappointed with how ugly they made Von Karma look in the show

>"Hey boy I know you are angry and all but it is fucking burning so why don't we get out of here first."

Based Maya is best Maya
dat epic Igiari

Y'all heard it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ktGgSLSiaW8

>Cornered theme
>Steel samurai theme
>Objection theme

Rushed as fuck episode, but it was still worth it.

Things they got right:
- Mostly everything
- Especially Maya

Things they got wrong:
- Animation surprisingly looks like a downgrade from previous 3 episodes
- No Missile

Don't know about you, but since they are getting Turnabout Goodbyes right, this adaptation will go down as one of the not bad ones. Just like the movie.

But so far Maya has been too moeblob, and that's a significant misunderstanding of why she's so loved.

This man knows, but hey, gotta have something to bait otaku with.

But despite her smug being lost in time and space, she's still a decent character.

Yeah, she lost her smug a bit. But she kind of wasn't at her smuggest during first game, that comes later.

So im wondering is the anime worth picking up? I like the AA series but DIU aired at the same general time so i missed it because of jojo hype and forgot to give it a watch, but so far most of the opinions ive heard are that it's pretty meh. I haven't played the ace attorney games in forever so i probably wouldn't notice any small inconsistencies but does the anime stand on its own merits?

>still no earthquake
why...
I wanted to see Edgeworth be pathetic

She wasn't exactly moeblob in the first game either, though.

I know it's a slight betrayal of her character in the games, but I'm liking moeblob Maya a lot more than I anticipated.

It's Ace Attorney. What more do you need?

You'll enjoy it if you've played the games, though don't except high quality stuff. If anything, it's closer to high QUALITY, but still enjoyable.

No, it doesn't. There's no need for you to watch it if you have played the games and you sure as fuck shouldn't watch it if you've never played the games.

First two cases are butchered, Turnabout Samurai overall turned out to be pretty solid (it actually changed source material a bit and in a good way) as does the Turnabout Goodbyes so far. There are little pieces of fanservice here and there, but they are very little and too far between.

Pick up if you are really really into Ace Attorney. I'd actually suggest to wait and see if DVD release fixes animation, because in its current state it varies from garbage to supbar to pretty gud like that one moment in episode 2

The best thing that I can say about Ace Attorney that distinguishes it from Danganronpa's or Valkyrie Chroncle's adaptations is that Ace Attorney's is pretty faithful and has some good moments. Although, its extreme faithfulness just leaves anime as a shadow of the game.

Depends on how much you liked AA. I'm a big fan, so the show has never been below average to me just from the novelty of it.

That said, the general opinion is that it started off a bit below average and has been getting better by the episode. I'd say it's firmly in "decent" territory now (which is "good" if you're an AA fan).

So if you have any nostalgia for the games and don't feel like replaying them, I'd check it out. I can't say how I'd feel about it if I didn't care about / never played / couldn't remember the games though...

I was actually disappointed when i found out it was just going to be a copy/paste of the game plot. I was hoping for some original cases like the manga seeing the investigation and trial processes in the game wouldn't exactly translate to be exciting in anime form without creative liberties

>There's no need for you to watch it if you have played the games
Not true. The games are definitely much better, but also more or less 20 hours long, depending on title.

The anime just serves as a short, but sweet weekly recap, and that's fine.Especially good if you haven't played the titles in a while, and don't have all the time in the world.

Why does she sound on the verge of tears? This is supposed to be her badass moment.
She's not even shouting. Where are the thwap noises?

It's a combination of feelings of feeling utter uselessness with disgust (because of Hart's testimony).

She didn't point out any contradiction or anything, she just wanted Hart to cough the truth up and only thing she could do is literally start talking in a courtroom out of her line.

Nothing happened: the episode.

Which is why the game writers phased out 3-day cases after AA1.

I know all that.
I'm saying it's a lot more intense in the game. It's more like a desperate interrogation than a teary-eyed plea. It was pretty lacklustre, since I was looking forward to that moment quite a bit.

How have I never paid enough attention to Maya's legs before?

They pointed out the fact that murder weapon is not the same gun Edgeworth was found with, they discovered what the truth is behind Gourdy which will eventually lead to Von Karma's downfall by the hands of Harry Butz. And Miles x Maya shipping intensified, at this point I am sure this anime's whole purpose is to ship everyone with Maya.

Is it really surprising?

Exactly the reason I'm watching it

Lotta sounds really fucking cute. I love that comfy country bumpkin dialect.

It's not just me, right?

Because the game sprites are waist up?

>Maya+Gumshoe

WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION

RoA has been hinted a lot in the past episodes. Maybe they will do it.

Why is there blood on Pearl's ball?

It's the Steel Samurai.

>They pointed out the fact that murder weapon is not the same gun Edgeworth was found with
But it is the same gun. Ballistic markings made this clear.

I swear every point made in this post is slightly wrong. Am I being trolled softly?

>Miles x Maya shipping intensified
>shipping anyone but Mr. Nick with Mystic Maya

Ugh, she's even worst than manlet apollo. Her piss color outfit is ugly.

Are big dorky ears a Fey trait?
I like it.

We already saw the King of Prosecutors trophy

When is it going to happen?

Something even better will happen.

Phoenix keeps building up his courage to confess to Maya. The mood is perfect. She's blushing ever so slightly.
Suddenly Pearls jumps in shouting MR. NICK and starts ranting about how cute they would be as a couple. Then Phoenix loses his composure and just laughs it off, scratching his head.

Repeat indefinitely.

Post top-tier faces.

It's been a while since I played the games but is it ever confirmed what happened to him? Unless I missed something he wasn't even referenced in the next two games. Is he dead?

Kind of hoping he has a cameo at least since they are only covering the first two games in the anime.

Laughed harder than I should have.

It's femdom, right?

He was found guilty of murder so I assume he was executed at some point.

I quite like her, I hate her hair though, it's fucking awful. Phoenix and Apollo's are simple yet distinctive, hers just looks like a scribble

>Kind of hoping he has a cameo
The thing is, during the first two games he's in a coma after being poisoned. I think the third he had recently woke up, and decided to enact his weird 'revenge' against Trite