A series is shit

>A series is shit
>Call it a "deconstruction"
>That somehow makes it good

I never see this, all I see is the Sup Forums hivemind assuming that anyone who says the word deconstruction is using it as a synonym for intellectual masterpiece.

Literary genius here,

Seeing someone say deconstruction in a review means you should stop listening.

Literary imbecile here,

Seeing someone say deconstruction in a review means you should stop listening.

Keit-ai is the deconstruction of the meme genre.

It does though.

Get over it.

>in b4 someone pulls the SAO card

That's actually bad.

Literary person of average knowledge and education here,

Seeing someone say their opinion on Sup Forums you should stop listening.

It's not a deconstruction, it's a shonen, I found it entertaining but forgettable

Deconstruction is one of those many words that are used the wrong way on the internet. Just like autism for example. You don't even need to be graduated in literature to know that they actually mean "subversion" in most of those cases.

Is this the birth of a new dank meme?

Pic unrelated I assume. Because OPM is more parody than deconstruction

So what actually is a deconstruction then? English isn't first language.

Deconstruction would be showing all the stupid aspects and archetypes of an genre and showing how fucking stupid and broken these concepts are. A subversion is in most cases just the subversion of your expectations.

Thanks!

What is a single series this actually applies to?

No, it's a deconstruction.

Googe "Derrida"

One Punch Man

>A series is good
>it's a "deconstruction"
>That somehow makes it bad

Deconstruction is a method/critical outlook postmodernists use to analyse text/literature.

A show in of itself can't be called a deconstruction.

It is the critiques job to "deconstruct" the chinese cartoon and derive something from it.

Deconstruction usually just refers to a parody played somewhat straight.
It neither makes something good nor bad.

One Man Punch doesn't apply to the OP in either way. It's fantastic when taken at face value, and it isn't a deconstruction regardless.

It's actually a seinen show.
Aside from that, carry on.

I just call it an action-comedy and leave it at that.

Madoka is one of the best anime ever made though.

>Sandwich is open faced
>That somehow makes it good
Why do open faced sandwiches even exist?

But it's pretentious garbage.

There's nothing pretentious about it.

>Madoka
>pretentious

Scholar here,
Sup Forums doesn't know what "deconstruction" means.

Retard.

OPM is good because even if it weren't a subversion or deconstruction or whatever it would still make an excellent show with the animation/ world/ characters/ Fukumi's heaving great tits

Works for Meduka and Bonertagatari Wincest.

Why do you consider it to be good then?
Don't say it's a deconstruction because it's not.
The only redeemable character in the show is Homura, the rest are cannon fodder either used as a literal plot device or littered with shitty melodrama.

>a series isnt serious
>people take it seriously
>people allows themselves to think that person is anything other than retarded

>Bonertagatari Wincest
Thats not a deconstruction of weeb bullshit, it fucking revels in it

Madoka isn't a deconstruction. It's just dark.

It's a subversion.

It works for Alan Moore.

It's just a show that took elements of the average Magical Girl show while twisting, used a smothering pace (which basically turned the average SoL aspect into a thriller) thanks the Butcher's writing, went for eerie/gloomy atmospheres by using every element possible (psychological horror, shock value, out-of-this-world Lovecraftian aspect) without going for stupid black-and-white manichaeism (Kyubey) and still inserting hommages to the tenors of the style. It's a roundtrip to hell and back ended by a perfectly foreshadowed catharsis as a take on the Faust tale.

>Bonertagatari
A straight laced harem series. Why bring that up?

Derrida emphasized that deconstruction is neither a method not a critique.

>OP hates fun
>complains about it
>somehow that makes it shit

Monogatari pioneered the faux deconstruction technique of playing it straight but winking at the audience every now and again so it seems less shit

>playing it straight but winking at the audience every now and again
Lampshading? That seems to be more common than ever in recent anime.

>someone eats shit
>people say why he eats shit
>he says "Huh? You don't like eating shit? Do you hate fun or something?"

Madoka is not even GOTY of its own year.

>GOTY
What did he mean by this?

When we talk about deconstruction, we talk about taking the core elements of what you expect from a genre and breaking them down and applying more cynical consequences to those elements. There is also no need for any of that dark edgy, melodrama, people must die blah blah stuff. That doesn't have to exist at all. Most deconstructions are basically a big "what if" that are applied to a more overused plot device.

Bakemonogatari is one of the few Anime I've watched that uses the "unreliable narrator" device to drive its stories forward. I see few other series like that. It's not straight laced at all.

The text actually deconstructs itself. The critique job is to point out the how the text breaks the binary oppositions down. Though there is no uniform opinion on what deconstruction do. In US, it is used as a method while Europeans are mostly against it.

>Sup Forumstards hate Madoka

Of course.

This x100. You're beyond correct.

>OP image changed for a moment
Am I'm the only only one that saw that?

Madoka is actually a deconstruction in a sense. For example, a common theme in magical girl shows is the power of friendship overcomes everything. Yet, in Madoka the power of friendship is in a way what actually causes Mami to die in episode 3.

There are other examples. Anyway, I'm not saying it's a thorough deconstruction of the entire genre, nor that it being a "deconstruction" somehow makes it better. I just like it a lot regardless.

We will never know.

That's an interesting opinion. I haven't heard that about Bakemonogatari before.

Every show is a deconstruction.

Every deconstruction is a deconstruction.

Deconstruction is a deconstruction deconstruction if you think about it.

Is Welcome to the NHK a deconstruction of our lives?

What if the Universe is a deconstruction of reality?

You lot aren't a deconstruction. You're a parody of the sort of pretentious wankery which so often invades this board.

/thread

You're mom's pussy is a deconstruction.

But what if the reality is a deconstruction of the universe?

HOW DO I KNOW WHAT OR WHO AM I

She was screaming last night when I deconstructed her theory on hyperreality in postmodern vodville in South American theatre.

>The only redeemable character in the show is Homura
Sayaka may have been retarded but her story is pretty good.

this.

the Sup Forums hivemind has the lowest IQ of all hiveminds except Sup Forums

>someone eats shit
Are you seriously comparing pirating anime to eating shit?

>GOTY
I should have known that hatred against Madoka comes from Sup Forums.

He's a scatfag. You can see from the Maki image.

Who said anything about pirating?

where the fuck did you get the part about pirating from? Your ass?

>pirating
Wrong thread. Senpai.

This is fucking Sup Forums so I assumed he torrents/download from irc/etc mkvs like I do.

You lost me.

I still don't see any connection to that in his post.

You fucking lost me.

What does that have to do with his point though?

This t b h

It's just dark tho

Okay, what is it that you're trying to say here?

>Anons thinking that an opinion posted as a single anonymous message is worth absolutely anything

Oh, so that's your game. I see. Good one.

So what was then?

So you admit to being a criminal, then?

EEEEEH? You pirate?

Why aren't you using Crunchyrollâ„¢?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>Great plot with well thought out twists
>Very efficient storytelling
>Ending makes the story of Madoka feels like a religious experience
Plus you can't deny there aren't many modern that emulates Goethe's Faust in theme

Faust is actually good, though.
And among the points of Faust is that Mephistopheles isn't really a bad guy and that he's just a plot device to put the incredibly intelligent, nihilistic Dr. Faustus who happens to have a wicked sense of humor into various locations.

>ncredibly intelligent, nihilistic Dr. Faustus who happens to have a wicked sense of humor
you trying to meme me senpai?

Yes, but to be fair, he actually is intelligent, somewhat nihilistic and he does have a wicked sense of humor.

Another central point that Faust makes is that God can save everyone who desires to be saved, even Faust himself.