Hollywood is now making anime real (or rather, live action)

Hollywood is now making anime real (or rather, live action).

Which anime would you want to see made into a movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tOsck7jYUsE
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

K-on

Otome Dori.

Starring moot as the MC.

>Which anime would you want to see made into a movie?
None. The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi is the greatest anime movie ever made.

Oregairu.

To luv ru

so that I can take the whole family to watch

>Scarlett Jewhansson

Qwaser of Stigmata.

darker than black with Keanu Reeves

The one that wouldn't suck as a Hollywood adaption.
So none.

Meanwhile the live action movie of Fullmetal Alchemist won't have any white people in leading roles, dispite the mainguy is a white blond kid named Edward.

>watching DtB now
>Literal Sad Keanu
My fucking sides.

Hollywood Boku no Pico adaptation when?

The problem with a lot of anime is that they have horny teenagers which I don't think Hollywood would touch. Another thing is that some of them are anime because it would take a shit ton of CGI to make some scenes so theres no point in it being live action.

That said, something like Black Lagoon could potentially be good but then you run into problems like who could be a good Revy.

Inferno Cop with Nicolas Cage as Inferno Cop

boku no pico

I would want to see HxH as a live adaptation, I can see Jared Leto as Chrollo or the guy who played Adrian Veidt in Watchmen as Pariston but sadly Hollywood will fuck it beyond DB:Evolution levels.

monster, but as an tv series

>horny teenagers which I don't think Hollywood would touch.

>Fullmetal Alchemist
>won't have any white people in leading roles
>mainguy is a white blond kid named Edward
wat

None.

Can't think of a better thread for this.
youtube.com/watch?v=tOsck7jYUsE

Gurren Lagann

Log Horizon.

Mercantilism, high profits!

Kodomo no jikan

this is a great day for body positivity!

Boku no pico
Kodomo Jikan
Prisma Illya

Anything else I am missing?

Seacats trainwreck

Loliball

Boku no Pico by twink lover Brian Singer.

>they have horny teenagers which I don't think Hollywood would touch.

They touch horny teenagers all the time.

None, because live action anime will always be shit(except for a few titles which some anons suggested)

That would be glorious.

Escaflowne would be pretty sick and realistic to do.

Boku no Pico

FINDS A WAY

>always
>except
that's not how this works you little shit. Edge of Tomorrow was fucking awesome.

>The problem with a lot of anime is that they have horny teenagers which I don't think Hollywood
would touch

But child actors exist, user.

the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya

Just so the oodles of cash it brings in can kickstart S3

A boy (Chris Pratt) falls in love with a girl (Jennifer Lawrence).

Unable to ask her to prom, he is gifted by a random man(Morgan Freeman) with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she wants to go down on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to his best friend (Seth Rogan), he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After looking on facebook, he finds out that the girl he called using his Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this planet at all. She is the girl's robotic alien counterpart (powered by Windows 10), who has fallen in love with the MC's own robotic alien self(Powered by Linux), who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, ACTION ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of CGI.

Directed by Guillermo del Toro.

A girl (Sandra Bullock) falls in love with a boy (Keanu Reeves).

Unable to confess, she is gifted with the boy's former home. Never minding the strange letters, he immediately starts an exchange with them and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, after two years, when she recounts her confessions to the boy, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the boy she sent letters to doesn't exist in her time line at all. He is the past version of her crush, who has fallen in love with her future self, while her past self is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as they strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip each other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of PLAGIARISM.

Hollywood ruins everything anime
>Escaflowne is all CG
>guymelefs
>sword effects
>even Meryl
>fights are now Del Toro style with shaky camera and poor lighting
So let's just be glad this is never going to happen.

CAN'T DEFY THE KEIT-AI

Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

Honestly your posts are more annoying that Ket-Ai posts.

Pretty sure it's a bot

The original Mobile Suit Gundam.

>Del Toro style
>shaky camera
Say what now? Del Toro uses very little of that. The camera might be handheld, but it's not very shaky.

I could legitimately see Steins;Gate working as live action. I mean it wouldn't because live action anime adaptations are always shit, but it could.

I can only imagine how bad it'll be get, remember how nobody gave a flying fuck about comics and still don't to some extent yet just because of the MCU suddenly everyone is a massive comic book "nerd" just because it's the in thing at the moment? Reminder if animeshit takes off it'll attract those types of people to the medium.

Yotsubato

We had a dry run of it when GitS initially came out, a lot of people were suddenly 'into anime' or 'into manga' back then. Anime is also a lot more mainstream than it used to be most places which will only compound things.

>GitS
>AoT
>FMA
Are adaptations of popular anime series going to be the next capeshit?

If GitS flops which it fucking should the fucking hacks then hopefully the flood dries up and the AoT and FMA never make it outside of Japan

This.

Having actually read the GisT synopsis in full, its clear they had a cyber-punk scrpt lying around and changed a few names, and hay presto GitS reboot

Well it's apparently been through about 30 different writers, starting as a new adaption of the manga and according to the most recent synopsis I've seen ending up a bizarre contortion of SAC.

It really is very weird, they have the laughing man as a 'leet hacker' as the antagonist, and it has something to do with the corporation from the second movie who were making human-dolls.

I have no confidence that they could do a movie about SAC, especially not if its been through that many rewrites

We've got Death Note to worry about if Gits flops. Seems to be the contingency plan for if Gits fails and they still want to turn anime and manga into the next Capeshit.

That's stupid

It's fucked. Hollywood can't even do a proper Asimov adaptation and that's an author that the west actually gives a damn about.

I'd love to see Fate/Zero adapted into a Hollywood movie.

I feel like it'd stir up an incredibly big media shitstorm regardless of whether it ends up being good or bad.

>Dat jew
Disgusting

>Busty blond king Arthur on the big screen
So would Brits finally be able to whine about cultural appropriation?

Peter Jackson's Berserk, but before that have him make a horror movie or two to get back into the groove.

Brits are possibly the most cucked nation right behind Sweden, they'd complain about King Arthur not being depicted as a proud womyn of color instead. Because honestly people, it's fucking , if we can have a black Knight of the Lake, why can't we have an Asian King Arthur?

>if we can have a black Knight of the Lake
You fooking what m8te

AYO

>ABC
>British

Ur hving a yankke doodle dandy with me m80?

This may be getting out of hand.

I never realized how much I want this

>famous for cuckolding the king and being one of the primary reasons for Camelot's downfall
>make him black
Obviously the execs didn't think this one through.

Fucking strayan cunts taking their shitposting all the way to live action TV.

That's the US ABC, not the Australian ABC. They're completely unrelated.

i don't know why but I want to see a Code Geass live action so that i can see peoples reaction on euphy scene
PrincessGenocide.jpg

I don't mind black actors but I don't like them being shoehorned in every fucking show just for the sake of diversity such as that black lancelot.

Western version of SnK with WETA works doing all the SFX.

MuvLuv.

Umaru

Miley Cirus as Umaru

This. This is what I'm talking about.

I don't want my chinese cartoons getting infected by sjws.

Wait till they have a Monty Python & Holy Grail American remake, featuring an actual black amputee as the Black Knight.

Nasu already turned King Arthur into a girl m8.

And gave Mordred gender issues.

Michael Cera as the MC, Ellen Page as Rikka

They did that for otaku pandering not for sjw purposes. Ever heard of fate prototype?

Give me a ginger actor that who can play as shirou

Nic Cage with hair dye.

Can't wait for the first black Hitler!

Please tell me you're only saying that to scare us.

DMC goes to the states

cameos from rockstars from the 70s, 80s and 90s

cancer cells detected.

>high school Nasu fantasized about being a plain bespectacled girl surrounded by heroic ikemen from past ages
What a fucking homo

Why the fuck would I want anything that I love in the hands of Hollywood?

>In the beginning, Nasu was worried that because the main character was a girl, the story might not work as a bishōjo game. It was artist Takeuchi who suggested switching the genders of the protagonist and Saber to fit the game market.

Black Lagoon. You can get away with just one Japanese actor.