Real men watch shojo

real men watch shojo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e6oYHRfMJTo
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-20/natsume-book-of-friends-tv-anime-gets-season-5-this-fall/.100011
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is common knowledge

Little boys watch shounen.

Correct

No because then you start self inserting as the girl. Just goes downhill from there.

Dakedo
ki
ni
naru

Correction.

Older male teenagers and men read seinen and only old school shounen.

Modern shounen, Shoujo are for little boys and teenage girls.

This thread is for real men only. Only the manliest of men enjoy watching REAL relationships being developed, the REAL struggles you must face, overcoming faces over obstacles and many more. Boys can just leave already. Lets get to it men

Of course.

Women and boys enjoy shounen (see HxH).
Men and girls enjoy shoujo.
Seinen is for teenagers and manchildren.

Also marmalade boy probably has one of the best OPs ever made:
youtube.com/watch?v=e6oYHRfMJTo

Shoujo gave me a rape fetish on the receiving end

They read it too

>real men watch mahou shoujo
Fixed for further accuracy.

Yes. Marmalade Boy is the eva of shojo. If you own the dvds like me then you would also know it has the best commentaries in the extras of all anime

Happened when I watched bubblesparkles incidentally, sometime around fourth episode.

Marmalade Little > Marmalade

Is the manga any good?

Anime when?

Too bad 2002 was the last time we actually had a proper one.

I thought I was the only one who watched Marmalade Boy, good on you user. It is truely an unappreciated anime.

Eventually, I hope.

It is but I mean its not underappreciated its a very well known and respected series my user and for its time it was groundbreaking

Satoshi best boy
Anju best girl

fite me

You're right about Satoshi but Anju is what I have with soju and beer.

>Shoujo
>Girl get's treated like garbage
>Still likes the guy

Yeah no

I remember reading Ultra Maniac and Mint Na Bokura in middle school and those were pretty sweet.
I'm not sure if I read Marmalade Boy though, is it her best work?

Yes.

YES!!!!!
The manga is good too

it is at least on Sup Forums idk how many times I've tried to start a conversation on it only to have it fall to last page. It sucks because it really is my favorite shojo romance.

Season 5 when?

What too realistic for you? I guess you only like it when all girls get wet for the bland boring guy because he is nice.

I really liked it. "No budget" Gainax fucked the anime adaptation ending up, and burned the mangaka from ever adapting again. I really liked the Anime, especially the experimentation and the music, but the Manga is pretty much a standard Shojo story. REad it if you have a bad taste in your mouth from the Anime, it picks up around Volume 10.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-20/natsume-book-of-friends-tv-anime-gets-season-5-this-fall/.100011

Fall 2016

even better

You see a lot of the same thing happening in the world. Shocking I know, but that's how it is.

Lets continue talking about your favorite shojo romance then

It's relatively popular in Europe.

Everyone else is shit

Miki is a needy worrywort who has a constant inferiority complex
Meiko is always "muh Kaachan" and instantly turns into a child whenever something happens that has anything to do with him
Arimi is a cold stone bitch up until she gets some dick, then she's cool
Suzu is Arimi 2.0
Jinny is Suzu 2.0

who is better than Anju?

you are reading the wrong ones, user

Damn right.

The bulk of shoujo is even worse than the bulk of shonen though.

user, YOU JUST MADE MY YEAR

No, she's not. Did you even watch the first 20 or so episodes of the show? She is worse than Miki up until Ginta pays attention to her.

You bitch. I love cold stone.

>It's good because it's realistic

Nip romance is all garbage.

I don't know the word for that sexual orientation.

I have a hard time believing that considering that the manga has didn't have Anno's input.

I'm not man enough to watch shoujo. All the terrible abuse and drama the characters have to go through is too much for me.

OSCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Cute

>Nip romance is all garbage.

Not all there is always KareKano.

pussy

I'm a girl and I watch anime for all target audiences. You would really miss out on many good anime otherwise.

Anno helped the start of the series a lot, but later on the anime was basically the manga copypasted
(except for the ending)

boy detected

Some shoujo is manly as fuck.

Watching cardcaptor sakura right now

You wouldn't, shoujo is garbage.

are there any good traps in this season's releases?

I didn't know they were real men this board

That's some bullshit right there.

Get out of this thread faggot.

It's good until the "Arima Arc" where shit backflips into typical shoujo melodrama and never fucking returns.

Seriously. It goes from a genre-defying romantic comedy, to typical melodramatic codswallop over the course of a single volume.

What a waste.

I used to read bunch of shoujo since my big sis subscribed Nakayoshi back in the day
>Peach Pit
>Ema Touyama
>Natsuna Kawase
are some of my favorite shoujo authors

I haven't read or watch any shoujo in like 8 years though

best couple

jousei best demographic

pity there is so little of it

Try reading a bit at a time in between reading new updates or something.

Anno also quit 3/4 of the way through the series. They had 3 different directors after than, and like $7 per episode, so they had to start getting creative cause the producer fucked away all the money. Its a valiant effort, but there is so much bullshit recap 2 frame, no movement stuff in the final 3 or 4 episodes its laughable. At least the Manga kept going, and gave me some fucking closure.

Jewelpet Tinkle was 2010.

>ignoring the Amu
May God have mercy on you

Please name me some good ones then, I'm very curious about your thought process. Precure has a few good seasons, but wastes too much time on monster of the week and is generally super sterilized.

Has a way been found?

this man has taste

With Sailor Moon, DBZ, and Card Captor getting new series lately, do you think there will ever be hope for a new non fucked adaptation or continuation of the literal 15 Volumes of Manga this has still yet to cover?

>I'm not man enough to watch shoujo
How about you try reading some, then.

It sounds like Kimi ni Todoke
After Kazehaya and Sawako get together everything gets so fucking boring and repetitive, the romance between Yano and the blondie is just so boring it ruins everything else.

I forgot about her, I admit

Probably due to s2

Low quality stories for bad tastes.

this manga is shit tho

Yes, but even before he quit he wasn't changing much at all.
Shoujo manga tend to get shitty if they don't end soon enough

If the mangaka hated the first anime, I kinda doubt she'll want another adaptation.
Sailor Moon and CCS are also on a different level of popularity with most of the shoujo that got unfinished adaptations, unfortunately.

it's pretty much the description of most good shoujo comedies

good comedy with likable characters until the mangaka decides to make it a soap opera for no reason in the third act

Dude I have all the dvds and even the ultimate scrapbooks everyone has their own taste but anju is too bland for me.

why did you post that pic senpai

I actually watched/read a lot of that shit when I was younger and more innocent. These days I simply can't manage to enjoy it anymore. Like I have fond memories of stuff like Escaflowne, but when I tried to rewatch it recently I was just like "I actually enjoyed this?"

You're supposed to take the bait user :P. Maybe I am tainted from general threads.

Yeah, everyone has their own taste. I will say that after Anju Arimi with Ginta is the second best.

Felt related to the subject of unfinished adaptations.
That and I'm currently rereading it. Sarasa a cute.

It's painful that it's not complete. Basara should have gotten a full anime back then

Yumi Tamura is legitimately in the top ten of mangaka, all time

Do you know if Akagami goes that route too?
I've heard Zen barely appears after the end of the anime, is it true? Is it worth reading?

Is cardcaptor actually good?

Not technically a shoujo, but a shoujo nonetheless
also
MARRIAGE

Who /Kodomo no Omocha/ here?

I know, but sometimes I like to read some melodramatic shit.

if you like CLAMP or mahou shoujo series you should've already watched it by now. If you hate both this won't change your opinion much.

though I did love the magic system in that series

Stop watching Shinkaishit and go read Ai-Ren.

>3 months without a new translated chapter of 7 Seeds
True suffering.

Hey!
It was bad but it had some good stuff about it too!
L-like Amu and Ikuto's final Chara Nari
(Does Rima appear on the first season?)

>MC has OP divination powers
>jk she just has reality warping powers

liked the mech designs and characters were pretty likable but I dropped it when they pulled that shit

Releases are too far between and barely anyone talks about it so I forget

Good in regards to not being spoiled though