GuP Thread

Best girl Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!JkpAhRra!dRhXVO3RR0J0nVSu0BaEIA
gifsound.com/?webm=i.4cdn.org/a/1464472724250&v=Jpmb-X12HG8
gifsound.com/?webm=i.4cdn.org/a/1464472724250&v=Y-JUFg2gAIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Not using OP post to make an announcement of the movie subs.
goddamint user

I totally forgot about that

Are subs out?

GuP marathon + Movie stream is happening on JUNE 4TH

More info to follow at the usual site (galax.moe)

She took her eyepatch off during the credits when Oorai comes back into view. It was a nice touching moment.

Yes. Go watch it, fast.

I cried with that.

Such an amazing movie. Did not disappoint.

mega.nz/#F!JkpAhRra!dRhXVO3RR0J0nVSu0BaEIA

> Best girl Thread

Sounds good.

This beautiful DAUGHTER OF A PASTA is fucking with SUPER HOT TANKS in a tankette and basically, you are fucking stupid

How? ...Just watch the free movie >

How many people here actually bought the movie?

Yeah, but she wears a wig.

gifsound.com/?webm=i.4cdn.org/a/1464472724250&v=Jpmb-X12HG8

gifsound.com/?webm=i.4cdn.org/a/1464472724250&v=Y-JUFg2gAIw

These threads have been so cute and comfy

Just finished the movie, I'm really glad they went full ham and didn't decide they suddenly needed to go all serious business because big screen or some shit.
And while the plot was recycled I'm okay with ignoring that because of the 50 minute long final battle, which was mostly great. Katyusha should have done something amazing after all the drama of her entire team sacrificing themselves for her. Saunders was surprisingly useless, too.

Since the movie was good are we going to get second season?

How bad ass do you need to be to do this?

> Saunders was surprisingly useless, too.

C-5 disagrees.

>Saunders was surprisingly useless, too.
Just like America in WWII.

Carbon coating?

Nah I bet they're all tapped out after that roller coaster of a movie. It just can't be topped.

Duce should have been vice commander of Tanpopo. What did Nishi do to deserve that rank besides bringing more shitty light tanks?

Is v2 good enough for archiving?

Does carbon coating come as shampoo as well?

>Saunders was surprisingly useless, too.
People who made GuP just don't like them, neither do fanartists. Which is a shame, really. Saunders SoL would be really cool, but instead it's just Gloriana all the fucking time. Also they "wasted" their spot in RW so no hope here either.

I'm glad that the movie has finally shown Maho the way she deserves it.

A few slipups here and there but plenty watchable. But for archiving I think this movie deserves a 1080p.

>that sisterly bonding throughout the movie
This movie was surprisingly heartwarming

Damn.

America's involvement in WWII is the entire reason GuP exists.

Maho was fantastic.

No it is still mixing some fixes.

This is what I have compiled so far:

I still need to rewatch the first 45 minutes with the V2, tough.

00:36:39 - "Yeah" -> line delayed over 2 seconds. -

00:53:32 "If I won, please become the sponsor of the Boko Musuem"

Should be Museum, also, I'm no English native but shouldn't be "If I win" instead of "won"?

There are several sequencial lines with timing overlapping in the change of lines resulting in double lines unnecessary, an example of such issue is:

00:45:33 "The heck is this"
After I rewatch I'll post others such as this.

1:25:24 Double repeated line.

1:34:11 Should be "We got lost" instead of "What should we do".

1:47:56 I'd join this line with the previous one at the switch of the scene.

1:54:29 I'd split the "Won! We Won!" Line from the other two.

So, are you guys going to fix these? I'm making a list of all the problems I see so far but I won't be able to check the first 45 minutes of the movie anymore today.

holy shit my heart wasn't ready

Senshado truly brings together all the best things in life.

alpha as FUCK.

>missing
Fixed that.

Girls and military hardware?

Also, the MECXS acronym is really sloppy, and the "GP" translation note was completely unnecessary but I suppose those are not essential fixes per see.

This was too intense. I was not prepared for such trauma.

The movie topped my expectations.
But what's next?

What shitty player is that that can't even preserve the Typesetting? VLC?

Will Ye Olde Sub redo the sub track in the usual AK style, With different colours for multiple people speaking at once and such?

Nothing ;_;

S2 when?

I thought it was more comical than anything since they don't really die.

Anime movies of late-night anime have often the repution of cash-in attempts.

But GuP proved that isn't it just an excellent movie but also is capable of bringing new fans to the tables. The GuP main series and OVA got quite the push over the screening run and all GuP BDs are in the Top 40 on Amazon.

Giving up on anime.

Strike Witches season 3?

After Shirobako s2

Haifuri S2

Which was last thread? I want to make sure i didn't miss some Maginot pages.

Movie was good but having to juggle such a large cast simultaneously hurt it quite a bit. There was practically zero space for any character to do anything other than throw in characteristic one liners. The mountain of excitement from the battles is not enough to compensate for the disappointment of not seeing my favorite characters get a decent chance to shine. I mean, Yukari had a not much more than a handful of lines in the whole movie.

I need to catch up with the last couple of episodes, but I'd be more thank OK with this.

Girls und Sturzkampfpanzer.

This was fun.

> Yukari had a not much more than a handful of lines in the whole movie

This is the worst thing about the movie. And I forgive it, we've had plenty of Yukari already what with the tank corners.

Mikko a cute.

This is an incredibly smart movie, without exceptions. It's an unusually smart movie given that it's about high school girls fighting tank battles as a sport, but even compared action or sports films on a whole, the plotting and execution is something to behold. It is exciting, exhilarating, entertaining, funny, emotional, and it captures everything the series was good at without repeating a single beat. Characters who have known quirks and personalities don't beat you over the head with them using the same jokes you've seen before, the script takes pains to showcase other sides of the characters as much as possible, while exploring the progression of character relationships the series didn't have a chance to expand on. That doesn't mean that the characters try too hard to be different either. They mostly act the same way, but given new and refreshing situations, it can paint them in different light or allow them to shine in ways they didn't before.

The most commendable part of the film is how well designed every piece of it is. The majority of the two hour runtime is taken up by long extended tank battles, and not only are they very well designed, they are compartmentalized into very clever segments which are easy to follow, unique and interesting to watch, have different visual elements which set them apart, and ultimately build things up to the next stage of the overall plan. Brilliant stuff. I can't end this review without saying how amazing the music is either. That's to be expected though, since in terms of memorable themes, the TV series soundtrack worked so well. Even then, it was surprising how emotionally invested I got each time the -right- theme started up to denote the respective teams.

I cried anyway.

But she had a headlamp and a goofy smile.

Katyusha didn't think it was funny at all.

My mistake
Sunflowers: Maho, Katyusha
Morning Glory: Kay, Nishi
Dandelion: Miho, Darjeeling

>and a goofy smile
Do you mean any specific smile? Because Yukari's smiles are usually on the goofy side by default.

How can a movie have this amount of ridiculousness and yet work so well?
Also why are Kay's legs so best?

that she is

I want her and Noriko as my daughters.

>Page 19:
>Page 20:

>I mean, Yukari had a not much more than a handful of lines in the whole movie.
The few moments she got were really good though. Pic related and her cooking scene with other anokus praising her spirit are my favorites.

Speaking of the Tank Corners, can we expect subs for Corner 08 and the 2 Ex?

Corner 07*

Your pic related was indeed very nice. You really felt like she was Miho's natural right hand man.

tv is wrong

>some anons claim they are "it's okay if it's with you"-tier gay
>creators give them a whooping few seconds alone in the movie

>Yukari humms when Johnny comes marching home while cooking in a camo apron
Girl of the year 2012-2016 and the love of my life.

Hey wait a second, are you talking about the dog?

What kind of Pravda propaganda is that?

It was the perfect song for the T-28's appearance, too.

Yes.

Thank you very much, user.

They wouldn't have mentioned the World Cup again if they didn't have a follow-up plan.

I want to believe we'll get more GuP.

Please tell me I'm not deluding myself

Here's the unedited version.

comfy

on one hand I hope there will be more, on the other hand it's going to be hard to top this

Why does Saori have a tank driving license?

Leaving open hooks in case you continue is only a sign that they consider continuing it, but not that they plan to.

It's sad that Miho in Kuromorimine would've never gotten a chance to truly display what she and Maho can accomplish in a tag team. The Nishizumi sisters are a whirlwind of death through tank acrobatics.

forgot pic

In two years, everyone except the bunnies, Taeko, Akebi, Shinobu and Momoga will have graduated.

I want them to be the mothers of my daughters.

No you didn't.

It was truly wonderful. My only criticism would be though that we didn't get much time with Anko team.

>two years

GuP season 2 confirmed in 2017

I guess everyone in senshado needs one, just in case.

>How can a movie have this amount of ridiculousness and yet work so well?

This is basically why I watch anime in the first place. They can do so much shit that wouldn't work in any other medium.

I thought that was her radio-something license?

Nina will become the commander of Pravda by that point in time! Will Rosehip take the helm at St.Gloriana despite being a commoner?

Embodiment of perfection.

You never know when you'll need to take your tank to town to go shopping or just show off to the boys.

So Yamato Nadeshiko

運転免許証 means driving license. It also says that it's used for tanks.