ERASED/Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi

Let's discuss ERASED. What did you like, what didn't you like, your favorite parts, your favorite/least favorite characters, etc. May contain spoilers to the show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qJONXxdF_zg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only thing I remember about this is the ending being absolutely awful.

>Sup Forums username who's never posted on Sup Forums before
>posting a spoiler warning on the OP
Just how new are you here anyway? Is this your first day?

I get it. A lot of people discuss this show. Just let the nerd discuss a show he likes dammit. Lol

Very

As in how new?

I really like the part about cucking

I just found out about Sup Forums 18 hours ago. That how new. :/

>D O U B L E N T R

heh

The soundtrack was good...as to be expected though.
youtube.com/watch?v=qJONXxdF_zg

>18 hours ago
>:/

i hated the show it had too many problem for me
>unlikeable characters
>a terrible concept
>i couldn't take the villans seriously (looking at you sadistic mum)
>predictable plot points - i figured out the killers identity around episode 4 or 6
>the fanbase is the worst

>ctrl+f cuck
>2 results

cuck

>predictable plot points - i figured out the killers identity around episode 4 or 6
This, except I told myself "this shit is too fucking obvious, author will pull a 180"

I thought the last episode was an abortion, and Airi was always best girl, even before Satoru got cucked.

No lie, i had to rename the folder

Sorry that I'm new

My favourite part was the gay shota.

>people call it overrated
>rate it 9 on mal anyways
not that you shouldn't rate it a 10 on mal, but still. It's the next one punch man and before that it was tokyo ghoul. These people will stay here.

First half was good, last half was worse, last episode was fucking retarded

Also lurk for two years before posting

I may be in the minority, but I really liked the last two episodes. I thought the way they handled the time jump back to the present was sad and tragic, but they'd foreshadowed it since like episode one.

I guessed who the killer was after they introduced him; he looked too similar to what you see of him in the first episode, but the show wasn't really emphasizing the mystery element of who the killer was, rather how Satoru might be able to change things and save Kayo. Even having guessed (and watching the show with him in mind as the killer), it was fascinating to watch things play out the way they did.

Loved the music. Loved the animation. Really got a kick out of the 1988 pop culture references to Kamen Rider Black and Maskman.

Sage and report garbage threads, thanks.

Does anybody else wonders if Sensei pulled a shinji over a comatose Satoru or worse? It just bothers me.

No, I don't think so. I think he got off on the actual killing, and the power he had over life and death; I don't actually think he molested any of the kids he killed.

That being said, they did show that on numerous occasions he came right up to killing Satoru but stopped each time. That's easily as fucked up.

I have a hard time when I think about how he killed Kayo in the various alternate time lines. The fucker literally stood there and sprayed her with water until she froze to death. That's...not a quick way to die.

>18 hours
>Lol

Lurk for 2 years before posting.

But Satoru is different, Yashiro became infatuated with him. I think there was a chapter in the manga where I thought his mother was narrating the story because of all the positive things she said about Satoru and then it turns out it was Sensei narrating and suddenly the sweet words become a lot more corrupted.

I'm pissed bro. I want to argue with the NTR cucks who support Kayo getting with Hiromi but I don't think there are any on here. Just... ugh. It was an awesome anime imo but it just feels gross how the author threw away a perfectly good relationship.

When Satoru called the mysterious number on Airi's phone and then met with that bearded reporter, I was sure it was him. That scene confused me and I still don't really get what the reporter's purpose was or why Satoru's mom called him before she died

That's true, but while Yashiro seemed to have affection for Satoru, it didn't come across to me at least as being of the sexual nature. He felt a kinship with Satoru because Satoru was the only person in the world who really knew who Yashiro was; he had seen the person hiding behind the mask. For someone harboring a secret like Yashiro did, that kind of fellowship was very powerful, so much so that he couldn't bring himself to ever kill Satoru (though he clearly kept telling himself he would). Maybe the manga is different in what it implies, and I'm certainly not ruling it out, but from what the anime shows it seems less likely.

He was a friend of his mom's when she was still a reporter; she went to him because he had been investigating the case, and they had probably talked about the various theories several times over the years. She figured out who it was after she caught a glimpse of Yashiro in the parking lot, preparing to abduct that little girl. She didn't realize who it was until later that evening when she was at the grocery store, but by then Yashiro was tailing her and getting ready to ambush her in the apartment.

I am one of the few that didn't see it coming. I guess when the cops took Satoru away and the killer was there I thought the killer was affiliated with the police or something. Plus I thought he was dressed like a detective. I didn't think it was Yashiro until he said "it sure was fun" in the car scene. Also I thought Yashiro had a fatherly personality so I thought it wasn't him. He looks like the type of man you would like to get pats in the head from.

The fact that he had a glove box full of candy and suckers wasn't a huge, glaring red flag for you at all?

I will agree though, his outward personality was extremely likable. He seemed really dedicated towards helping Satoru save Kayo, when in fact his intentions were anything but helpful. Satory himself owns up to seeing Yashiro as a father figure.

No, the "I am trying to quit smoking so I suck on lolipops instead excuse" wasn't new to me in anime.

Man. I guess maybe I was looking for proof he was the killer, and a bunch of shit like that to lure in potential victims set of all sorts of alarm bells. Likewise, when the as-yet-unknown man tries to abduct that girl in the first episode, he had given her a sucker.

I will say that when the glove box fell open and all the candy spilled out, I genuinely felt a chill run through me. That would have freaked me the fuck out had I been in Satoru's seat.

My oh-shit moment was when Yashiro picked up Satoru and his mom. Him driving by right after Satoru was watching Aya walk alone just seemed too obvious

Ehn. It's not even the actual content or "clues", it's the framing. There were so few adults, one had already been pegged as a nice guy mistaken for a pedophile/murderer, and Yashiro was always nice, always caring but seemingly out of pure altruism, and that kind of shit stinks.

When you get too caught up in fooling your audience, it no longer becomes about telling a good story, it's just a straight contest. That's part of why most "psychological" works are such trash.

Most mystery shows always introduce the killer as part of the cast. It just doesn't have as much resonance when it's some stranger to the plot with no connection to the MC. In the case of Erased, I thought it really helped underscore the scary truth that you're more at risk form someone you know and trust than the predations of a complete stranger.

>monster musume thread among the ntr posting

I feel like the manga wasn't all about who the killer is but rather is about how Satoru would be able to overcome his hardships. He has a lot of character development. The anime too, but not as much. Still my AOTY

I agree; it really wasn't about finding out who the killer was, but rather about trying to save Kayo and the others. I don't think it ever occurred to Satoru to try and seek the killer out, which was either very pragmatic or just a little myopic.

No, that makes sense and all, and despite not being a huge fan of this, I can appreciate that they were trying something different than just building towards a single reveal.

You kinda gotta, yeah. It's one thing if you're never really supposed to or expected to know, not because "look how clever the author is", but simply because the story doesn't require outwitting its audience to be engaging.

It goes both ways, because Yashiro is the only one that believe in Satoru's little butterfly powers and it meant a lot to him. Satoru's development as a person stem from Yashiro's influence. This was left out in the anime.