Other urls found in this thread:

w-witch.jp/introduction
twitter.com/marin__mizutani
strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/502nd_Twitter_Story_Translation
helma.us/sw/res/8815.html#9273
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's also a new introduction at w-witch.jp/introduction
Anyone able to translate?

Who's going to be the fan favourite of the season you think? I can imagine it being a tie between Naoe or Nipa. Rall would be surprising.

Probably Nipa, since she's already meant to be the most popular outside of the 501st.

I can tell I'm already going to love Naoe, especially how she has a girl boner for patrician French literature

>Suegara Rie
>Ishida Kayo
>Mizutani Marin
Never heard of them

>Kakuma Ai
SHOKEEEI!

This is now an anime insignia thread.

>twitter.com/marin__mizutani
Literal nobody. Let's hope for the best.

Ka
Ku
Ma

Ka
Ku
Ma

>Gundula Rall: Satou Rina
>Edytha Rossmann: Igarashi Hiromi
>Georgette Lemare: Terui Haruka

Those are excellent choices.

Doesn't Rie Murakawa seem a bit too high pitched for Nao though? I'd expected a more gruff tomboyish voice for Nao. And most of Murakawa's roles by far are high pitched girly girls.

Three of those are literal whos though, so I'm gonna hold my opinion on them until I hear voice samples.

I wanted Aoi Yuuki for Kanno, since she's basically the real world version of her.

Rietion is a lot better than you think, even as god awful annoying she is in full genki mode.

>Edytha Rossmann: Igarashi Hiromi
>The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls as Anzu Futaba

Can't wait for the fanart.

anyways...

will this have fanservice level seen in Strike Witches 1 and 2?

It better have one or it's a bust!

I'm waiting for an episode to rival panty thief.

I don't know how casting Yukinko as Germans became a meme when she can't pronounce any of her character's names on a day to day basis

The Movie and OVAs had close to none "usual" fanservice, just a biref bath scene. While the military fanservice was strong with the Karlsland OVA.

I think they are going to focus more on the military aspect and have a tone like as seen in the OVAs

I'm not really familiar with her, what German characters has she voiced besides the recent ship anime?

Julia Marquis Von Albrechtsberger MATSUDAIRA
Although from what I remember the character might not have been able to pronounce that one even

I want a Prinzessin

That is the correct combination of eye and hair color.

I really want to hype this.

But the addition of the new ORIGINAL CHARACTER DONUT STEEL damped my excitement.

Hate on Yoshika all you want, but at least she was made to be together with the 501st from the get go.

This new chick on the other hand was literally made just for the anime. The 502nd has existed as just those 8 girls for years and now that they're getting an anime, boom. We have some FNG nobody cares about added and shoehorned in as the MC. Like fucking hell, go to the anime website and rather than seeing the 502nd, you get a massive page splash of this chick.

It doesn't help that she seems like Yoshika 2.0 as well.

Can't handle the hair clip? Hopefully PV will show just enough to get an idea what she might be like.

so everyone's now trying hard to be 0-fanservice like GuP? Even Haifuri was not spared!

You seem to forget that there's two of them, user.

Both Fuso of course.

Takami is part of the 508th though.

I imagine her role will be limited to just dropping off her kid sister in the 502nd and being the one that she writes letters to or some shit.

>Oh hi Commander Rall! We don't want a Yoshika in our Squadron so can you take care of her for us? ktnxbai. She's your problem now!

I have no problems with the Elder Karibuchi sister.

She has already existed in the series lore for years as part of the 508th; and she's also a Libau Veteran like Sadako, so I actually want to see interactions between them.

My problem is with her little sister. What the fuck is she supposed to bring to the table?

Oh right, I always forget since she only got her visual with the anime announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was a main cast member though.

We don't really know anything about her personality (I think there was a blurb in a magazine about it somewhere though). We're kind of being unfair to her right now because our main point of contention is her boring as hell character design and Yoshika similarities. She could still prove herself. I'm not expecting a lot though.

Haifuri wasn't spared with having anything. The whole pre-hype event and then the eventual over-arching hamster virus thing makes it hard to do much when you have to move the plot along somehow.

If Strike Witches can't bring back panty shots I think the future is basically doomed.

Strike Witches is almost 100% panty shots no matter what

So new SW is basically "we want the Girls und Panzer crowd", I'm guessing.

By what margin?

This, so much this.

Still can't wait to see best witch's lesbian shenanigans animated

more serious story.

I hope SW does bring back panty shots. but they don't need to be as in your face as sw1 and 2. just tasteful glances now and then would be nice done in a more natural manner.

Make anime great again.

It's not like they were just absent from the OVAs.

Why does Karlsland have the best and most beautiful girls?

Literally everything else in the franchise took the "war" and "military" aspect of the franchise more seriously.

The anime (Namely, S1 and S2) is the only exception in the series as it primarily ended up being "Super Fun Afterschool Alien Hunting Time with some Tea"

The movie and the OVAs took a more grounded and serious tone though. And from the few details we were given, it seems that the Brave Witches anime will build upon approach even further.

>we want the Girls und Panzer crowd
>more serious story
Never watched GuP, I know both it and SW were conceived by Fumikane but I never considered any of his works as having "serious story"

awww man
i'll still watch BW but will feel like a chore with fun part stripped out

>it seems that the Brave Witches anime will build upon approach even further.
A man can only dream.

The Suomus novels and semi-canon doujinshis are so much batter at storytelling than the main series, stilll the OVAs were very good.

Ignoring the FUCK YOU PHYSICS and "Non-Lethal Shells" bullshit in GuP, it's essentially just your standard sports anime. MC has a previous fuck up, a few traumas here and there and she does her best to overcome herself and achieve new goals.

The hilarity and stupidity of the whole Tank Kung-Fu business aside, this shit is treated seriously in-universe. And the characters have legitimate agendas and end goals pertaining to it. So for all intents and purposes, it's a "serious" story.

GuP was trying hard to be serious.

No. That show was not serious. The battles were as tense as pokemon/yugioh tournaments

The setting and base of operations of the 502nd fucking Eastern Front user.

It's where all the nastiest shit happens in-universe and ground zero of the most intense Neuroi conflicts.

It'll take an unholy amount of fucking up to make this rainbows and sunshine.

Humikane just did character designs for GuP, it's not his universe or anything.

This should be required reading by now:

strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/502nd_Twitter_Story_Translation

A short story depicting a day in the life of the 502nd (Specifically the arrival of Pilot Officer Shimohara Sadako to the 502nd) written by Humikane himself a few years ago.

As the other anons have been saying, compared to the cheery sunshiny atmosphere of the 501st, the 502nd takes a more somber and serious tone. This isn't to say that it's all grimdark, far from it. There are still lots of lighthearted moments and fun to be had. But unlike the media the 501st appeared in, the 502nd is more well-aware of the uneasy reality and situation of the war around them.

>It'll take an unholy amount of fucking up to make this rainbows and sunshine.
Only outside the anime and OVAs you get some dark stuff:

-A member of Laura Toth's original squad getting KIA being the source of her stoic personality in the isle of wight manga

-Pretty much the same for Elizabeth Beurling which makes her join Misfit squad in order to more or less in her own words "suicide by Neuroi" in the LN

-Some Karlsland soldiers getting mowed down by Neuroi fire in a somewhat graphical way in the semi-official doujin "Witches of the sphinx"

Besides that I don't remember anything in particular that wasn't rainbows and sunshine, maybe some depressing or dramatic stuff but never at the same level of those three I mentioned

Then again it all comes down to those who want SW to have a more grimdark story/setting (not gonna happen, at least not in any animated medium) and those who like it as it has been until now.

Naoe and Rall a best

The movie was quite subdued and depicted the whole war thing pretty seriously. That tone is plenty fine for the 502nd anime.

Of course, Yoshika turned into Super Saiyan Witch Jesus towards the end, but that's another discussion for another day.

Nipa is gonna be poisoned by all the noxious Nipa fags already out there. Nao or hugbunny will probably be new fan favorites.

Perrine and Francesca Figma when GSC

Don't bully the Nipa.

I just hope the Karlsland witches get their fair share of love.

I'll bully those that deserve it.

But Nipa is the bully's wetdream

I want Sasha to be popular.

Krupi deserves plenty of bullying.

Think we'll see Ninetails?

You need fresh and young VA if you know such characters are supposed to stay relevant for a decade.

Pretty much this. There's literally 2 Orussian witches with any sort of character development, they should at least be popular.

Such a shame this thread couldn't have been the one after a long break instead of the multiple forced shitpost ones past week for no reason.

>Aoi's seiyuu from Vividred Operation is gonna be Naoe
Huh, interesting choice.

>Krupi gets the most fresh seiyuu possible as does Sadako
Oh boy.

Really all of em are pretty no name seiyuus and fresh in general. Sort of amusing how it correlates with the wing too when 501st ace unit got famous seiyuus around.

Weren't quite a few of the Strike Witches VAs pretty fresh back in 2008? And look were they are now.

Yeah, look at the 501st VAs, leaving to have families and sometimes getting replaced like Mio's VA from S1.

Sexual bullying by Rossman?

Oh look, it's you. Always complaining when there is a thread and then posting half of the shit that keeps it from 404ing. Just so ya know, I haven't seen a single SW thread in week, so for those of us that don't spend every waking moment on Sup Forums this thread does come after a long break.

Nipa at 99% probability. Krupi could be a strong contender too.

I'll shamelessly link what was said by the user who followed the twitter during the last big event closely.

helma.us/sw/res/8815.html#9273

- It's a 502nd focus
- Primary Setting is St. Petersburg
- The mysterious unknown witch is a Fuso Witch Hikari Karibuchi, sister of 508th squad's Takami Karibuchi. She wears dark blue fuso navy clothes. She is apparently a witch full of guts, self-confidence, and physical fitness.
- More Military Focus compared to the previous series
- Set in between S1 and S2.

user.. is it so hard to use archives to see how much our little general is being shitposted here?

These are all threads from past week.. There was one request thread too but it seems to have been deleted from archives now at least.

And yet you complain when there is a relevant thread with actual news as though it were just another general. Just take things as they come ffs.

>first love was alive and well
>then love went dead for a long time
>now love is alive but full of shitposts
Will the love ever be alive and well again?

So when will Grete be animated?

>Really all of em are pretty no name seiyuus and fresh in general

What the fuck are you even talking about. Rina Satou is an A-list powerhouse Seiyuu.

Plus, 6 out of 10 actresses in the Brave Witches are idolm@ster actresses. They're all rather experienced in multiple fields of media and veterans of high profile jobs.

The only new meat here are Sadako, Takami and Kruipi's actresses. Some weird casting choices sure, but it's undeniable that the rest is a solid and experienced cast. They're hardly "Fresh" to the industry and voice acting.

>He doesn't found operating fun.
That's your loss man. I want for one to see more barrel changes, aerial maneuvers that not only look good but have some basis need for them and use of magic combat wise. That sort of stuff is fun.

Yeah, I'd call this a relevant thread for once, just hammered down by the daily generals is what irks me every single time and people not using helma more already who still are around left to post and care before new season airs.

In.. the autumn?

Oh you're alive. 2021.

My favorite part of S1 is how yoshika defeats the final boss aircraft carrier by crashing her zero into it.

Made me laugh.

Takami I can understand because she's likely a side character, but Sadako who was the MC until now, and Krupi is very popular, so I'm a bit surprised that those 2 got inexperienced VAs. Hopefully they'll do a good job.

Yeah, Rina Satou definitely is, but I did meant more in general.
I never cared enough of Idolmaster really but I acknowledge its popularity, I just looked all of their roles broadly and how much they've done and what type of shows and whether there have been big hits. Many of them have mainly minor character roles just around.
Kakuma Ai seems to be a 'rising star' too, so making her be the MC is understandable here.

I sure hope so. Righteous justice.

Between Nipa being the incompetent shit that she is and Kupri wanting to sweet-talk her way inside the pants of anything young and female around her

Who is gonna be the bigger punching bag of the 502nd?

Nipa will be the Perrine Equivalent
Krupi will be the Erica Equivalent (as far as trolling and getting chewed out goes)

>incompetent shit
Except, she's not? She just breaks stuff a lot but she does her duties like a ace would in combat.
I'm sure we're gonna get more of the nature punishing Nipa scenes than Krupi being punished for what she does.

Sasha will club Nipa with a wrench, while Rossman and Nao will club Krupi.

>She just breaks stuff a lot but she does her duties like a ace would in combat.
And she fails spectacularly every time.
Just cause she's your waifu doesn't mean you can blatantly ignore her incompetence.

Nipa and Jose will be the fanservice of the series.

How do I get a Nao?

Anime roles listed ANN, MAL and Wikipedia is not a "broad" way of looking at things.

Many of them have Radio Broadcasts, Video Games, TV shows, Song CDs and other stuff in the entertainment industry under their resumes.

None of them are as unknown or fresh as you're making them out to be. Other than the literal new talent, all of them are very much established names.

Punishment time! Seiza!

I think that what we're forgetting here is that this is set between S1 and S2. According to the 1.5 Manga and other sources EilaNya was visiting the 502nd during that time. So expect at least another episode 6.

Hope that includes Georgette being sexually harassed by Kupri

Jose is strictly Hugbunny's toy though.

Is she?

Would you call her archetype incompetent then too? Lots of aerial victories over soviet scum, but he just happened to crash or break his plane dozens of times while doing so.

Just look at that cute hand holding between Sasha and Nipa. But what exactly do you mean by fanservice here? Aren't all of them going to be fanserviced rather equally?

Ah yeah, that sort of stuff. Guess I should've had to mention just anime roles for being fresh and their notability. I didn't mean by fresh new unknown talent like, say Flying Witch cast has now during this season. Which is by the way amazing show.

Of course. By Hugbunny and Krupi. And she'll erotically heal Rall's back too.

She's the neighborhood bicycle due to her healing powers.

Give me a PV!

Nipa and Jose are fanservice bait, because they can end up in erotic poses easily due to Nipa crashing and Jose healing.

>Would you call her archetype incompetent then too?
You think archetypes matter in SW? If your waifu faggotry is this strong you need to stop complaining about generals, for you've become part of the cancer.

>they still pander to the old crowd

Ayuta is pretty much just being given pity work by the Strike Witches staff.
>501st JFW.OA was originally rotating host for years
>make Oohashi the full time host because she has nothing else to do

Not sure how the whole Hokugo no Pleiades lead pair being Eila and Nipa thing happened, the OVA might have been before Nipa was cast.

Not like both Sanya and Eila's seiyuu weren't at the event dude.

True enough. It doesn't help that she can't sing for shit. Seiyuu nowadays are 70% idols anyway.