Anyone living along the San Andreas fault should have their earthquake kits ready NOW - especially if you're in the...

Anyone living along the San Andreas fault should have their earthquake kits ready NOW - especially if you're in the LA/San Bernadino area. An unusually high amount of minor earthquakes has been detected in this region during the last few hours.

Combined with, and accounting for, the recent 7.1 earthquake in Mexico two hours ago, it is likely that these quakes are actually foreshocks prior to a MAJOR local earthquake "nucleation". Earthquakes are highly predictable based off unusual minor tremors along so called "transform faults" - and the San Andreas fault is one of them.

If you're in the area (especially LA since the ground there is prone to soil liquefaction), you should evacuate any building that isn't earthquake-proof. Because of the built-up tectonic tension and the fact that a major quake is long-overdue, it could be worse than 1906 SF

Please be safe, anons

quakes.globalincidentmap.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

scedc.caltech.edu/recent/Quakes/ci37766535.html
dpw.lacounty.gov/wwd/web/Documents/peir_final/3.5 Geology and Soils_FEIR.pdf
epa.gov/radnet/radnet-air-data-anaheim-ca
earthquaketrack.com/p/united-states/california/recent
youtube.com/watch?v=_vWzkfUwJlg
dutchsinse.com/live/
youtube.com/watch?v=LxHmSyFOon8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hopefully the earthquake goes right through the middle of LA, and half of it becomes an island, then Rocket Man won't have to waste a nuke on LA and can use them on SF and Seattle instead

Dont know much about esrthquakes, but a lot of earthquakes means forshock of a larger one along the fault line?

God I hope that city is destroyed.

Yes. It's very common for bigger earthquakes. The bigger the earthquake, the more common it is that you see minor earthquakes beforehand.

This is an extreme level of minor earthquakes hitting the San Andreas fault right now, and as far as I can tell it's simply the border of the North American tectonic plate that is being disturbed. I consider it likely that the San Andreas fault will suffer a "reset" due to all of this. Earthquakes often spread along fault lines - especially after big ones like the one in Mexico city

Since I started this thread, there has been TWO more minor quakes along the SA fault.

If I was in the area, I would head to the woods (desert) ASAP.

I'll screencap this just in case, although I wouldn't recommend waiting for this for happen.

California resident here. I hope this state gets torn apart.

>Earthquakes are highly predictable
Uh huh.

fake news

same

The BIG ONE
.......I
......G

>UPDATE
>THERE HAS NOW BEEN 5 MINOR EARTHQUAKES ALONG THE SAN ANDREAS FAULT SINCE THE START OF THE THREAD.

The 3.6 near Westwood, CA yesterday 15 hours ago is possibly related:
scedc.caltech.edu/recent/Quakes/ci37766535.html

>Earthquakes are highly predictable
based off unusual minor tremors along so called "transform faults".
this is especially true for major ones. the current level of earthquakes in the Southern California area are several standard deviations off. It's really not supposed to be like this.

NSA here, you have provided fak info about your location.

Please repost your real location or face the FEMA coffins.

Thank you, goy.

The 1906 quake was only so deadly and destructive because the way buildings were built. The fact is California has plenty of modern buildings, so most buildings will be fine, the area of destruction even in the largest quakes is fairly localized, and most quakes you see in movies are way over dramatized.

Earthquakes only kill poor undeveloped in brick and mud houses, or if they live near the ocean.

I asked for one yesterday and I specifically asked to be in my region! I am very disappointed because Mexico is pretty far from me.

U N A C C E P T A B L E!

Also, radon.

A heavy gas that's released by the ground before earthquakes.

check that, it's the best research about earthquakes and it's greatly hidden by known (((academical peers)))

thanks for the updates user. so we are talking any second happening or maybe a few days

Let's see about that.
>One hour until the skyline is flat

The 23rd is really gunna rock our world

Rerolling

>an earthquake will destroy California any day now....

Literally nothing, OP

You're safe California go to sleep

Wake up, Yellowstone

Cuckfornia finally getting hit by an earthquake of peace ?

I'd love to see that

It wont, just look at earthquakes in modern cities since the 90's, jack shit happens, unless there is a Tsunami. What kills tons of people in earthquakes is poorly designed or old buildings, and water.

>UPDATE
>Another earthquake (1.5) has occurred along the San Andreas fault since my last post. Six total since the start of the thread.
>Elevated gamma radiation levels (most likely from radon)has been found in Anaheim

They haven't accounted for soil liquefaction. The flat land south of the San Gabriel and San Bernadino mountains will behave like sand.

Example:
>A review of the information provided by the CGS Probabilistic Seismic Hazards Mapping Program indicates that seismic hazards due to ground shaking at the project tend to increase from north to south with proximity to the San Andreas Fault. In the southernmost part of the project area, peak ground accelerations in unconsolidated alluvium can reach 0.738 g, with a 10 percent probability of being exceeded in 50 years (CGS, 2007b). In comparison, the northernmost part of the project area could experience peak ground accelerations that reach only 0.318 g, with the same probability of exceedance (CGS, 2007b).

dpw.lacounty.gov/wwd/web/Documents/peir_final/3.5 Geology and Soils_FEIR.pdf

Thank you. Great point. I am seeing a major gamma radiation spike for Anaheim:
epa.gov/radnet/radnet-air-data-anaheim-ca
Have you seen any other radiation spikes?

cheers. if you have friends in the region, make sure they're safe

Yuma area fag here
I don't want to fucking die help

Fuck that, I need those commies.
>Seattle cuck.

You're not Yuma area.
>You're behind the wall

>Yellowstone will blow up in your lifetime

Seattle hobos are based

This quake can happen in the next 10 minutes or the next 100 years. This shit will not happen.

Seattle here. How fucked am I?

still going to die in a flood/quake

The wall will save us
>You, however, have to go back

>Driving into this area on September 23

What's the worst that can happen?

I don't think people understand the scale of large earthquakes when they say stuff like this. Large earthquakes are so powerful that they can cause the earth to behave like water. The sheer amount of material deep underground that moves during an earthquake is difficult to comprehend.

Godspeed bros!

>work on 43rd floor of LA skyscraper
>have a bug out bag under my desk just in case
>enough stuff to get home about 15 miles away
>we have a stupid mandatory disaster prep meeting
>"in the event of an earthquake our structure is sound and would stay standing"
>alright, sounds good
>"outside there will be broken glass 5 to 7 feet deep"
>FIVE TO SEVEN FEET OF BROKEN GLASS
>mfw

How in the FUCK.... am I supposed to deal with 7 feet of broken glass?

Dude California has over 10000 earthquakes a year. So unless the entire fault suddenly light up, nothing that could wipe the whole state out will happen.

California will have quakes, they will cause damage, but its not going to be any where as bad as the Tsunami in Asia, Fukushima, let alone Katrina, Harvey, or Irma.

Sorry guys.

All the natural disasters happening to culturally enriched places.

god hates fags and brown people

snowshoes or cross-country skis maybe?

Just lay down your jacket and let the ladies go first
>Cool numbers

Just like everyone else,
one
foot
at
a
time

just by a parachute nigga like hahahhahahaha kust glide nigga hahahahaha it's not like they would arrest you hahahahahahha

Start eating!

Nuked

Its funny how you call the meeting stupid, when it informed you of a scenario you hadn't considered.

It's taking so long it's getting boring.

Can I get an internship when everyone dies famiglia?

LA Penal colony when?

Leave by the garage nigga

>UPDATE
>Another earthquake (1.7) has occurred in Yucca Valley, CA.
>Seven total since the start of the thread.
>Now also detecting a gamma radiation spikes in Bakersfield, CA.
>Just pointing out that San Andreas is a "fault zone" composed of several fault lines

based off the currently available information, not fucked at all

>Dude California has over 10000 earthquakes a year.
The 10K number is actually a commonly known statistic for Southern California. There are always minor tremors everywhere. We've had several usually big in the Southern San Andreas fault area in the last hour. It's highly anomalous.

earthquaketrack.com/p/united-states/california/recent

AON building? US Bank?

I have compiled some data of the earthquakes of the last weeks in CA. The avg magnitude for for the last 24h is about 15% higher than it should be

>thread with the most interesting information is dying like a starving vegetable
it's a shame

Soon

Digits for so much lost Californian urban population that it flips red

8 feet high stilts.

Same. Going from texas to SF with family tomorrow. Luckily its a two day drive.

YESSS GO GO GO GO GO

GO YELLOWSTONE!

TAKE IT ALL!

Rerull

Did anyone go through with the Denny's breakfast delivery the morning after this picture was taken?

I live right on top of the fault i hope the earth opens up and kills me

Get a onesie made of rawhide

SHAKE
SHAKE

Fucking underrated, both the game and post.

Compton reporting in.

You're fucked because it's seattle. But seriously, you're on the ring of fire. No excuses for not having proper preparations.

You should include proper boots, and gloves in your gear.

But something on the scale of the Sendai Tsunami is VERY possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=_vWzkfUwJlg

Edgy. How was school today?

>working in downtown LA
>live 15 miles away
Do you enjoy spending half your waking life in traffic?

There are always earthquakes in SoCal. Hundreds per year. This is not unusual.

An 8-9 quake would flatten many buildings and collapse bridges

>UPDATE
>Several minor earthquakes has occurred in the San Andreas fault zone
>Two somewhat bigger earthquakes (noticeable shaking) has occurred in Oklahoma - at 2.6 and 3.2 respectively. These are "intraplate" earthquakes in the so called New Madrid fault zone.

These eathquakes have most likely been triggered by the Mexico Earthquake, that was not that far away on the same plate. As I said, major earthquakes often spread to local fault zones. I still expect even bigger quakes in the San Andreas fault, or further south from Mexico, within the day. The plate has been disturbed and will require more motion to become balanced again.

There are still indications that what we're seeing in CA are foreshocks.

The sun will reveal its hole to the earth on the 23rd. That is when the big one will come. Prepare yourself Califags and Chilebros.

Very confi here in San Diego... Sorrounded of old people easy to prey upon if I need to replenish my food pantry

How much water should I save assuming a massive earthquake wrecks la?

25 gallons?

This is assuming everything gets disrupted. I'm assuming an earthquake would stop regular access to water and food for a week before la gets everything under control. Are there any reports of how things went down in Northridge following their quake? I don't think people would loot in La area

Burbank is safe

Any updates on gas/radon emissions?

Don't forget filtration.

>I don't think people would loot in La area
LOL.

>Burbank is safe
It's not the ghetto, but burbank has had it's share of fucked up shit.

My house is like 2 miles from the San Andreas fault, but Bay Area. How fucked am I?

>Commiefornia gets QUAKED
yes please

NightQuake

AND WE'LL SINK WITH CALIFORNIA, WHEN IT FALLS INTO THE SEEE--EEEEE-EEEEEEA

>>thread with the most interesting information is dying like a starving vegetable
Would a bump maybe save some lives?

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Your state with largest GDP gets quaked

This guy's a seismology nut with a livestream, sometimes worth watching.
dutchsinse.com/live/
His jewtube channel is:
youtube.com/watch?v=LxHmSyFOon8
Be safe out there user's.

Yellowstone will blew up

Bump

Cali must suffer

But I live in Anaheim....nice knowing you fags. Gonna go die now

The best will leave it's cave forever

Lmao there's legit just been five mini quakes in a row in cali

>This guy's a seismology nut with a livestream
He's behind the curve. If you do fakebook, go to comments and get him off the shitter and on the air.

well fuck

enufhg with the forplay just fucking kill us

Good thing we don't get earthquakes in the central valley.