I DONT GET IT

I DONT GET IT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KO-G5DVNlw4
youtube.com/watch?v=o4UQntM4Zjw&t=20m09s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

same. seems weird.
but what does Sup Forums think of this cancer song :^)
>youtube.com/watch?v=KO-G5DVNlw4

Kill yourself.

It's pretty simple my friend

why is the sea red
why is there so much Christian imagery that ultimately means nothing
why is asuka alive
why did he strangle her
where did she get the bandages from

>why
It's not about the why, friend. It's about what it makes you feel.

>human soup lmao
>it looks cool lmao
>god rei instrumentality lmao
>is this reality how long have i been here or something i hate/love you lmao
>who knows lmao

i feel confused
i feel betrayed
i feel angry

>LCL. All life on Earth is made from it and 3I physically reduced all humans to that basic material.

>Because it looks cool. No reason.

>A very strong will to survive and many more will follow.

>Don't know. Need to rewatch. He may have been going crazy, seeing if she was real, or trying to mercy-kill

>Something about self-image? That's my guess, anyway.

>why is the sea red

I guess artistic choice to represent blood

>why is there so much Christian imagery that ultimately means nothing

The obvious shit like cross explosions meant nothing. They should just "look cool".

The symbolysm with meaning in NGE is the more subtle stuff

> why is asuka alive

Because everyone, that was alive during the tang process, is. Or can be. I can't remember who said it after Sjinji rejected instrumentallity....

> why did he strangle her

My headcanon. To ensure, that his resolve is right. That people can like you, despite you having done fucked up shit. He lets go the second, she comforts him

youtube.com/watch?v=o4UQntM4Zjw&t=20m09s

This is a nice parallel that could support that.

> where did she get the bandages from

Waking up with a sliced up arm would be kinda fucked up. And since their bodies with clothes were re-formed out of the LCL, I don't think it's weird, that bandages can be formed, too

fuck.... timestamp shit didn't work. I mean the scene he edited at 20:09, to show that parrallel

Is there any anime cover more memorable than this?

That was Yui who said it and while I don't remember the exact line, it suggested that people can emerge from the tang if they really wanted to.

She was trashed thoroughly
She was probably getting first-aided when instrumentality happened, so when instrumentality unhappened, she reverted back to the state she was in before
>not saying "what the fuck did I just watch"
You are a disgrace to memes

KIMOCHI WARUI

>She was probably getting first-aided when instrumentality happened
She was dead when Instrumentality happened. Nobody was out there fixing her up. The Harpies went straight from chewing on her corpse to forcing Shinji to start Instrumentality.

She came back with bandages because injuries get healed with bandages, and she's healed now. There's nothing else to it.

Rei is best girl.

Bandages were from her injuries received when the Eva series killed her so dead that she didn't stink for a week and was reborn as an abortion.

What's the matter, too deep?

>that ultimately means nothing
PRETENTIOUS TRASH. There is LITERALLY NOTHING to get. Because there is nothing.

>nothing to get
>forgetting dank theories like Shinji becoming the Spiral King

Bleach has better theories than NGE. Bleach has better world-building than NGE. bleach isn't just a harem self-insert story unlike NGE.

Bleach is for fags who should drink bleach.

You can't actually comprehend why Bleach is better than your pretentious trash. As expected from a Tokyo Ghoul fanatic

>mfw I completely understand all of Evangelion and enjoy its messages and themes
>mfw people call the message pretentious and stupid while proving its message right.

>mfw people unironically use the word pretentious

But it IS pretentious

>harem self-insert story
You haven't actually seen NGE, have you?

Get on my level OP

You haven't actually seen NGE, have you?

Its just Gainax trying to make a 2deep4u ending because they run out of money.

Wasnt it only her eva that got chewed?

And she was inside of it. She's not going to just walk out perfectly fine after they rip and tear, toss around and overall destroy the unit she's piloting. She would've been crushed to death in the best case scenario.

It's just some gurofag, ignore it.

I'll show you 2deep

*unshealthes dick*

do people honestly think eva is pretentious because of the judeo-christian imagery that doesn't have any meaning in and off itself?

idk about that, but I think it's pretentious because it feels like it tries way too hard to send a message instead of telling a story.

>way too hard
Im not sure about that
It looks like you're just finding excuses to call it pretentious

does it try way too hard though?

Like if you watch the series and pay attention instead of cringing whenever shinji acts like a bitch you might get a lot out of it

>Ramiel is best girl in lowest level
It's the most normalfag Evangelion meme of all.

>do people really think it's pretentious because it fits the description of something that's pretentious
?

Everything about NGE screams normalfag. To the point where most normalfag isn't as much as an insult as you think.

this is bait

"Shinji get in the fucking robot XD" is the most normalfag Eva meme. Ramiel best girl is just one of the more popular Sup Forums memes.

Not an argument. You're shitposting thus breaking the rules. I hope you get banned for it.

The religious imagery was used to help set the tone of the show and create backstory/lore for it. If this is what constitutes pretension then there is going to a very large amount of media that fall into this category.

Epic.

Basically the creators realised they only had a few good ideas for a sci fi plot, so they abandoned it and tried to do some sort of philosphical/psychological exploration that only impresses 14 year olds

It's a good thing that you don't get it

read >

Here (You) go, senpai.

I'm glad you can see the Emperor's new clothes

About half the narration can be summed up as "OO FEMALES"

I actually didn't find Shinji to be a pussy at all, I don't understand how people think he is. However the show is devoid of a coherent plot or a coherent "deep message". It's "I'm 14 and this is deep: the anime"

>About half the narration can be summed up as "OO FEMALES"
Ignoring your exaggeration, most of that is Shinji being insecure about and confused by those women, not those women slobbering over Shinji's cock.

>However the show is devoid of a coherent plot or a coherent "deep message". It's "I'm 14 and this is deep: the anime"
The plot is obvious, it's the cast descending in to madness. You could also point to the angel stuff or the incredibly simple episodic plots building up to the finale. As to your "deep message" it's explicitly spelled out in EoE and the finale of the series.

These threads are always such a gamble. Last night we were discussing insane theories and laughing at the really crazy ones and laughing at Anno's stupid centaur flight pack designs and just generally having a good time. This thread people are just shitposting. Although I guess that's at least a step above waifufagging.

And might I add, the simplicity of the message slowly being rolled out through the entire series is what makes it so great. When it's laid out clearly for you in the finale, it's an amazing feeling.

>However the show is devoid of a coherent plot or a coherent "deep message"

to be completely honest, I struggled to find both of those the first time I watched it. At this point I would have agreed that it's ok but kinda overhyped and pretentious. Keep in mind I was also pretty young at that point.

However the second time I watched it, a few months back, all the pieces fell together and everything made perfect sense and the characters were insanely well written and everything they did made complete sense. It is now bt far my favorite series and since then I've rewatched it about 3 times.

Maybe you need to rewatch it? Watch a few videos explaining the story maybe.

Perhaps the fact that some people need to watch it a second time to get it can be considered a flaw, I don't know.

>About half the narration can be summed up as "OO FEMALES"
You're forgetting the three male characters that are forcing themselves onto Shinji.

According to Evangelion Assistant Director Kazuya Tsurumaki:
"There are a lot of giant robot shows in Japan, and we did want our story to have a religious theme to help distinguish us. Because Christianity is an uncommon religion in Japan we thought it would be mysterious. None of the staff who worked on Eva are Christians. There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool. If we had known the show would get distributed in the US and Europe we might have rethought that choice"

Personally I don't find trying to look cool for the show's tone is pretentious, it's just a stylistic choice.

>laughing at Anno's stupid centaur flight pack designs

Anno doesn't have anything to do with Anima though, that's Yamashita's autistic brainchild.

There is nothing to get there.

All you need to know is that the MP Eva scene wasn't in the original script. You only need to look at what happens in episode 25 for my proof. Misato still got shot, but Asuka never gets up at all, there is nothing indicating her eva stands up again, she just stays there in the robot and feels sorry for herself until she gets tanged.

Here this should help you understand.

Kill yourself.

She was basically safe inside her Eva, but when they cut her Eva's hand she was in perfect sync thus her hand also got cut in half.
Other then that she got away with only a left eye and a right leg hurt.

You're really stupid. These threads should be deleted on sight.

There are preliminary sketches of Asuka fighting the MP EVA in the 25 preview in episode 24. It was clearly in the original script.

They completely ripped apart her Eva. She died.

It's not meaningless, though. Like there, the crucifixion imagery, bodies actually on crosses, occurs around the manufacturing of a messiah and forcing it to apotheosis. Lilith is vivisected on a cruciform slab for your sins and Unit 01 is dragged into the sky by the palms.

Killing eva doesnt mean the pilot gets killed. She was laregely safe inside her pod.
Its just that being in perfect sync actually physically hurt her.
How else do you think delinquent-kun was alive?

>personally I don't find trying to look pretentious to be pretentious, it's just pretentious
?

A mockup you found on youtube isn't proof.

They tore apart and crushed the Eva, then tossed it after carrying it far up into the sky. Not to mention the fact that she's bleeding out of her eye and has had her arm cut in half, the end result is that she's dead.

>How else do you think delinquent-kun was alive?
Do you mean Touji? You clearly do not know what you're talking about.

You having fun?

?

>that ultimately means nothing
I love this meme!

That's Director's Cut, bro, that was after End.

Admitting Ramiel is best girl is a patrician's meme. It means you have transcended the snare of waifuism, similar to how Anno originally designed Rei and Asuka to deconstruct moe and tsundere.

Toji lost some of his limbs, and in the manga he dies.
If he didn't die in the anime is because according to an interview, Anno was told to not to kill any of the human pilots by the producer. Nothing else. He was meant to die there. Asuka was also meant to die with Arael according to the Proposal: she's never mentioned after that.

what is Rei

shes a clone of yui or something and also lilith? But Unit 01 is also yui?

You're so fucking pleb it hurts.

I think a lot of you were not alive and watching anime in the 90s (Christ I am old).

A part of Evangelion's greatness is how it compares to everything other broadcast TV anime from it's time period. If you were a fan of anime in the 90s, you had a very limited library of shows to choose from and Evangelion's competition was shows like Ranma 1/2 and Dragon Ball Z. Anything that had characters that were not 1-dimensional was revolutionary, something that was normally reserved for theatrical releases like GITS and Akira.

If you wanted to watch a show, you would download a shitty .rmvb file on your 56k modem. It would take a few hours for god awful quality. But it did not really matter because every show lacked any kind of depth/characterization other than Cowboy Bebop.

In Japan it expanded anime's reach and became a huge national deal and started a lot of positive trends in anime (deeper characters, actual plots, etc). It also is an antecedent to a lot of what we see today (HS settings with kids with special abilities that are pseudo-scientific, further popularization of tsundere/kuudere, and showed that the market could financially profit from shows that had more depth).

I do not know that I would say that Evangelion is really deep but compared to everything in its time it was a huge leap forward.

>Axis won WW2

I'm interested in this. Is it just a reference to the fact that Asuka is German and the fact that the NERV is in Japan proves that they are the dominant superpowers?

Rei's VA recently came out to say that no anime has been as out there as the 90's Eva stuff.

So there's that.

And I'd pick Ranma over NGE every time

test

Eva is the only show I've ever seen where I've thought it simultaneously to be pretentious and artistically brilliant at the same time. I don't think it's really that much of a stretch to connect the themes of religion to the hopes of a relief to grief and suffering, since religion was ultimately constructed to give us hope in the future and of a purpose for humanity. Some people even get depressed because of religion. My own interpretation that I like to use is that Yui is a representation of religious hope, and the frequent use of symbolism is to show how omnipresent she is, even in death, with her husband and son.

Heck, if you subscribe to the 'Death of the Author' model, you can just say that author opinion is irrelevant in the final construct, and just find meaning in whatever you like.

friendly reminder that Tsurumaki was the one to say the judeo christian imagery was chosen to look cool while Anno was the one who researched it (extensively) and always dodges the question.

The cross explosions may not be genius allegories but Shinji's stigmata, the Tree of Life, chamber of guf, and some other things all have actual meaning besides "dude christianity lmao"

Judeo-Chistian deities secretly being alien invaders isn't an uncommon story element in Japan, it can be found in the Megaten series as well as Xenosaga for PS1.

well holy fucking shit

Your interpretation is fucking garbage.

You know, at least EoE felt like a conclusion, as confusing as it was at times.

3.33 made me want to burn Gainax down.

ok

rebuilds in general are disgusting, the quality of the characters has gone down, all so Anno can pin up his favorites, Asuka and Kaworu.

i can't even begin to talk about every single thing they did, or how they completely ruined misato's character, even before 3.33.

For example remember how in NGE kaji left the ship where we meet asuka after the angel arives because he wants to keep the adam embryo safe from the angels? Misato doesn't know this so she thinks he's leaving just because he doesn't want to get involved in all this. Then she sees him later at NERV and she gets mad at him; a completely reasonable reaction that makes a lot of sense and is consistent with her character and past.

In the rebuilds, the boat scene doesn't occur at all, so misato has no reason to be angry, yet she is.

in the original script of either 23 or 24 Kensuke mentions that Shinji's classmates (the Marduk institute, all potential pilot candidates) are being transferred to Germany for an unknown reason. It's worth noting that the MP series was manufactured in Germany and though I believe canonically the dummy plugs in the MP series are Kaworu clones, it's believable they were originally supposed to run off the souls of Shinji's classmates.

3.33 isnt the last movie

Not really aliens in XS, it's more like higher dimension wave-entities.

More importantly, what does Human Instrumentality mean to you? And why is it not what capitalism has long since achieved?