The CDC has urged that schools open later because two-thirds of teenagers suffer chronic sleep deprivation

>the CDC has urged that schools open later because two-thirds of teenagers suffer chronic sleep deprivation.

Why don't teenagers just go to bed on time instead? Why it is never teenagers' faults? Can't handle waking up at 6am? Maybe you shouldn't have stayed up all night on Instagram.

Teenagers do nothing but shift the blame for their horrible time management skills. You can't ask them to do more than read 5 pages and study for a test without them dragging their feet whining about how they have so little time to "be a human being", which is a cute euphemism for "socialize and be useless". Every little assignment is such a burden on their fragile schedules, but when's the last time you ever saw a teenager DOING anything?

They burn away the time on devices, cram all of their work for 11pm the night before, and then surprise! They can't get up on time.

Having kids get up for 7:30 AM classes is retarded you try hard faggot, it doesnt even make anyone smarter

High school students aren't "kids".

Here in aus they are expected to study for 18 hours each week in hs. That's a little under 3 hrs a day. Assuming they get home at 4, that still leaves plenty of time for sleep.

When I was in high-school sophomores and seniors didn't need to take first and last period classes, I opted out of the morning and it definitely felt better starting the day later, maybe we could just shift school time an hour later.

I did last minute work all the time in high school. Most nights I got 6 hours of sleep max. I smoked, drank, and generally did whatever was fun to me instead of studying.

However, I always got my work done and on time. I always went to school and stayed on top of my grades. Finished with a GPA above 4.0 and got a full scholarship to a good university.

Most kids can't do that. I saw 95% of my ruffian peers skip class, fail courses, and generally be losers. Something is incredibly wrong with the youth. They could just be retarded.

Having said all that, I see no reason why school has to start at 8. Starting at 9 and finishing at 3 would be fine. Most of the time in the classroom is wasted and not used to its potential.

> Why don't teenagers just go to bed on time instead?
Because they only get 6 hours a day to live their life.

> Why it is never teenagers' faults?
Because it's the parent's responsibility until they're legally adults.

> Teenagers do nothing but shift the blame for their horrible time management skills.
They have the right to. They complain because it's a problem. If there was no problem, then they wouldn't have to complain.

> You can't ask them to do more than read 5 pages and study for a test
Because you shouldn't be telling them to study for a test. A test means nothing but a measurement of what they remember and not what they know. The 5 page rule is a dumb rule that makes it impossible for teenagers who haven't written essays to start or end because all they ever think about is the 5 page rule. The ideal is to let them write whatever, and then work with them like a responsible parent or teacher, because it's your damn job, and help them find holes in their papers and where they can improve.

> Every little assignment is such a burden on their fragile schedules, but when's the last time you ever saw a teenager DOING anything?
Have you seen a teenager's schedule, much less an elementary students? This isn't the 1990s anymore grandpa. Or are you an angsty teenager projecting?

>They burn away the time on devices, cram all of their work for 11pm the night before, and then surprise! They can't get up on time.
You must be projecting really hard. The average working adult gets at minimum 6 hours of sleep. Regardless of what time they sleep, forcing them up at 5am in the morning will cause problems.

Try again when you can come up with better points.

Oh yea what do u know about it old man. Just let us play Minecraft! It's not like it's our fault! I don't need math I'm gonna program games! Anarchism kicks ass!

Trim back the system. Trust people to find their own places in life when not compelled by an unwelcome authority to report daily to a place where they are unwilling to learn.

>They complain because it's a problem. If there was no problem, then they wouldn't have to complain.
A problem they create for themselves by being irresponsible.

>Have you seen a teenager's schedule, much less an elementary students?
Yes. I was a teenager not too long ago. Unless everything turned on its head in a little over five years, I went through the exact same school system as these little princesses. I managed to get everything done.

How? "Work before play". Simple concept. Don't know where it went.

>tfw went to high school in the States
>up almost every night till 2 on weekdays to play vidya or sneak out and drink a beer and bang sluts in the woods in the neighbourhood
>never did homework, ever
>editor on yearbook, editor in chief and chief photographer for school newspaper
>banged my English teacher from senior year till sophomore year of college
>4-6 hours of sleep on weekdays MAX
>up at 6-7 every day
>still graduate with a 4.0 with ease

What the fuck are kids doing nowadays? Grade school is a fucking cakewalk.

Nah getting up that early fucking sucks, no reason for it to be that way except old boomer and beyond traditions. KYS grandpa.

I bet everybody liked you, you had a ton of friends and a rich social life. You didn't miss out on anything, nope.

Hate to break it to you like this kid but all that extra effort you put in was for nothing, just look where you're at now. Congrats on your 'hard work,' cuckold.

Schools start early for the convenience of the partents, simple as that.

Kids are up early generally around the time parents are awake so they can make sure they get ready, and then kids are back a couple hours before they get home, or pretty much at the same time if the kid stays after due to sports or some other activity.

The system works fine now, just get kids to bed earlier.

End morning culture.

>Why don't teenagers just go to bed on time instead? Why it is never teenagers' faults?

Because teenagers are selfish idiots.

The mind of a teenager operates little differently than the mind of a young kid (6-10), the issue lies is that they are hormonal enough to believe that this isn't the case. They often times don't understand responsibility, accountability, or how to think ahead and how their decisions will impact their futures. Only way to teach them is like a dog and correct them or you lose and they walk all over you.

Were you ever a teenager dickhead? They have no skills.

high schoolers are toddlers with bad attitudes, bitch slap them every day

>everybody liked you, you had a ton of friends and a rich social life.
My graduating class had a little over 100 people, it's kinda hard not to make friends that way. And yeah, I was well respected and invited to every party. Suck my nut.

>just look where you're at now.
Graduated with a 3.7 GPA and working two jobs on track to graduate with no college debt? Sounds good to me.

>Congrats on your 'hard work'
Thanks!

>Why don't teenagers just go to bed on time instead
Good question to ask this board considering its 30% 15 year olds and 70% FBI agents

Instead of doing this they should just ban homework.

Go to bed Grandpa!

>people spend too much time on electronics!
>posted on the internet
Every. Fucking. Time. Or even better when an ugly person makes fun of the way people look. Or when people who own private jets tell us that we are hurting the environment. Or a raging alcholic tells people they are stupid for using drugs. You wanna know what the REAL problem is?
Hypocrites. Fix your own shit before you judge others. Believe me when I tell you, nobody is perfect and certaintly not you.

Oh sorry, I forgot I can't use the most effective mass communication tool in human history to disseminate messages about the misuse of said tool. I'll go take out an ad in the New York Times instead. Retard.

can you really call yourself sorted if you don't get enough sleep and stay up too late every night?