Portland Memories -- The Early Years - A Pictorial History

What the fuck happened to America?
>An elevated view of Southwest Broadway in the 1930s.

Other urls found in this thread:

pediment.com/products/portland-memories-hardcover-pictorial-history-book-oregon-oregonian
amazon.com/Portland-Memories-Early-Years-Oregonian/dp/1597256870
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

William F. Koehler, a butcher, worked at various shops, including this one in downtown Portland on the west side, near the river, circa 1910. Koehler, born in 1880, would later own a butcher shop in the Yamhill Market.

The 1920 Reed College football team.

Royal Rosarians, Royal Court and Queen Jean Hoover, 1939. Prime Minister Donald Hood is on the right.

Otto Schulz drives a Mitchell automobile in 1916. Passengers, from left, are Herman Schulz, Robert Schulz, Otto Schulz, Dolf Schulz and Ditsche Schulz.

Produce stand at 209 Sixth Street, circa 1919.

Portland baseball team in 1910.

Broadway Theatre, May 1937.

Four Portland letter carriers with heavy bundles of mail, circa 1930.

Inspection of beneficiaries receiving Milk Fund benefits at Buckman School, circa 1933.

Congregation in front of the First Baptist Church at Southwest 12th Street and Taylor Street, shortly after it was completed in 1894.

Jantzen Beach amusement center, circa 1929.

Woodlawn Division “streetcar boys,” Portland Traction Co., circa 1902.

old pics like this are hellza dank my guy

>establishment of the central banking system
>establishment of the income tax
>minority invasion from 1970s onward

I agree. Wish I had a better camera so I could scan the entire book.
>Portland Fire Chief David Campbell, circa 1894

I know their descendents.

What book is IT? I would like to check it out

It's a shame... now Portland is a festering shithole of communist vagrancy

pediment.com/products/portland-memories-hardcover-pictorial-history-book-oregon-oregonian

"diversity"

Amazing how old cities looked so orderly compared to today's twerk fest niggerdoms.

amazon.com/Portland-Memories-Early-Years-Oregonian/dp/1597256870
Agreed.
Also top kek at the comments on amazon.

Thanks

Portland High School championship baseball team of 1906.

Any difference between the two besides besides the price? Also
>Awesome pictures of Portland, OR. However, there are about 2 pictures with minorities in it. Lots of people of color helped shape this amazing city to what it is today. With all the problems Portland is having lately with white supremacy, hate crimes, and being the whitest city in the West it was insensitive for the Oregonian to not include the full spectrum of races that existed in Portland during the early years. This book is about white people in Portland: boring.
Faggot are everywhere.

Same book.

>The Oregon Red Devils, officially known as the Oregon Volunteer Life Saving Corps, gather for a training session in 1932. Thie sgroup of swimmers was famed throughout the state during the Depression for its exhibitions of swimming and diving, and its promotion of water safety. The purpose of the group was to "Promote safety in water sports through knowledge of life saving and first aid as endorsed by the American Red Cross." Every summer their group had exhibitions on the coast, at Hood River, at Jantzten Beach, and at Lotus Isle. In their heyday, most of the members were single. When they started getting married and settling down, the group went from a high of 150 to just 27 members in 1937.

White people getting married and settling down?? oy vey...

MAKE PORTLAND GREAT AGAIN.

>Fourth-grade students in front of the west door at the old Irvington School in 1907. The teacher is Irene Higgins. The school was torn down in 1931.

Absolutely

Fuck these people.