TTGL is literally the best anime that was ever made and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Accept it...

TTGL is literally the best anime that was ever made and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Accept it. Embrace it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pIz7PEsH4Oc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll fight the power to that

I want to lose my virginity to the TTGL OP but I'm afraid it will make me cry

Code Geass is better and more mature

TTGL is the better ride

Code Geass is the better ending

>TTGL is the better ride

I admit that's true. Literally nothing happens in the first 12 episodes of R2

>he doesnt ROW ROW to FIGHT THE POWER
jesus senpai, get yourself together

but thats wrong op
K-On! is the best anime ever made
please try hard not to look so silly in the future op
t. anime expert

People can choose to like anything whether it's good or shit. Don't be like the Kyoanifags, forcing people the like the things they like.

the difference is that everything KyoAni touches becomes objectively good, whereas anything else can only be subjectively good at best.

I agree.

I literally don't even give a shit if someone disagrees, their opinion doesn't matter.

Some advice for those that are uncertain about watching this anime, from someone watching it a 5th time. I'm not gonna go through the pros and cons in detail, just an outline of what to expect (no spoilers of course) and whom this anime may appeal to. (NOTE: to skip the barrage of text just read the last part. Below is for those who would like some insight into what they're getting here)

Do you enjoy dark and deep psychological anime which induces intellectual thought and complex themes for you to brood on for hours? Then you may not enjoy this anime. However, to those that may be discouraged by this, Gurren lagann will challenge your belief on what is correct and what is right. It will NOT bombard you with complex themes but it WILL make you stop and think on the actions of the main and supporting characters. If you have an open mind then you will find this anime interesting, as I believe the (or a) focus of this anime is to be an alternative; or even the exact opposite of what those psychological anime strive to be.

If you dont find this motivation enough in itself or hate the idea, in all honesty just skip it. Not being discriminative, but those whom like complex and thought provoking stuff seem to be the main faction whom hate this anime. I would like to point out some scenes will not make sense (if thought about hard enough) but there is a reason to this I theorise. Therefore, in a sense, those nonsensical things makes sense, ya feel me? However, I'm not gonna go into that. I do believe that (again) with an open mind this can be a very enjoyable anime for you because it provides a fresh perception and/or an ideal that challenges ones train of thought. I myself enjoyed anime like Death Note, Code Geass and Parasyte. I so happened to enjoy this anime too.

BULLSHIT!!!

Gurren Lagen is unironically my favorite anime.

the chinese arc was pretty cool, it was the long middle of R2 (more high school drama + the shitty instrumentality ripoff) that was shit

I felt invested by watching TTGL
I strongly hate yoko
The ending made me sad
The ride was a bless
The final climatic battle gave me goosebump
TTGL is just that amazing
I felt real emotion watching it
Not any anime can pretend to come close to this
It's magnificent

You shitposted.Accept it.Embrace it.

Is this a IRC shitpost or something? TTGL isn't even the best mecha of the last ten years, let alone the best anime of all time.

>TTGL isn't even the best mecha of the last ten years

Trying too hard

I'm okay with that

it's one of my favorites but I wouldn't say its the best anime ever made. Maybe the best mecha, if you can call it that.

youtube.com/watch?v=pIz7PEsH4Oc

I'd really enjoy playing this Pachinko machine.

>forgetting original dragon ball
you gay or something

>just finished episode 26 and about to move onto the final episode
What a fucking ride. I miss Kittan

Watch Lagann-hen afterwards. You won't regret it.

I will. Is there an order I should watch the two movies in?

Unrelated, but I'm surprised that I haven't been spoiled on Gurren Lagann beyond somebody telling me whoever Yoko kisses dies.

Look, TTGL was enjoyable and fun. It had some good characters and the animation was nice etc. etc. But the fanbase, in my humble opinion, can go fuck themselves. All I hear from them is "OMFG best anime ever", "Kamina is so cool" or "How dare you criticize it? FIGHT THA POWAH!!!". They sit and analyze how it a "tribute" or a "parody" of mecha without even watching any of the mecha-series that inspired it. They hype it to the high fucking heavens leaving some of us somewhat dissapointed. And where ever they go, they make themselves heard with their ignorant, annoying bullshit.

I remember a guy that described TTGL some time ago as: "A band that has a concert and only plays covers of other songs. The covers are good, really good, infact, but the fans praise the band for the covers "originality and effort" irritating fans of the older bands." And I agree with that statement.

TTGL is a fun ride. And I came of the ride feeling a bit underwhelmed but still satisfied. But it's not the epitome of mecha and even less of anime. At least not to me.

Pic related, this thread in a nutshell.

literally the most predictable post in an TTGL thread ever

Lucky Star is a better anime than TTGL.

Funny, I usually get an answer like that when I state this. If it's said so often that the fanbase can predict it, then maybe there's some truth to it? Especially since "Haha, so predictable" is the usual response.

I only watched 2 episodes

KLK was better

TTGL is my favorite anime, but even I can realize how overrated it is.

Actually I think it has more to do with the fact that dumbasses see that kind of post and parrot it. So much for originality.

>wahh I don't like the fanbase and that makes the show bad

Why is it bad?

>uhhh there was some stuff similar to it 20 years ago so that means it's an unoriginal copy

As if stories haven't been influenced by other stories since the dawn of time

Stop fucking posting this.

It's not my favorite but it's definitely a masterpiece.

>TTGL is literally the best anime that was ever made and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Accept it. Embrace it.
Say what?

>Why is it bad?
Never said that the show was bad

>As if stories haven't been influenced by other stories since the dawn of time
First, I never said that the show itself was bad because of it. I just think TTGL-fans comes of as very ignorant when they say that TTGl is "groundbreaking and original".

>uhhh there was some stuff similar to it 20 years ago
The director himself said that he was basically making a remake of Getter Robo.

You need to work on your reading comperhension, my friend.

spare me the bullshit, you entire post is mental gymnastics for justifying you disliking the show because of the fanbase.

Here's a test that I've never seen one of you shitters pass. Tell me about the shows you think TTGL copied and what you think makes them better

>bebop

babby's first anime?

For fucks sake, read the damn post properly. I never said that I disliked TTGL, just that I hate the fanbase.

Yeah yeah, just get on with actually replying to me. My suspicion is that you never actually watched any of that old stuff and just come in to these thread to copy/paste that same tired reply to show just how much of an anime connoisseur you are, i.e. typical contrarian bullshit.

The only thing I can think of that's more pathetic than an anime connoisseur would be a wannabe anime connoisseur.

>They sit and analyze how it a "tribute" or a "parody" of mecha without even watching any of the mecha-series that inspired it.
Who? No one in this thread mentioned "originality" aside from you.

The comparison with cover bands is pointless, as it's nothing alike to borrowing elements and sending nods to series that inspired the work to begin with.

Also who gives a shit if people hype something to high heavens? And is the hype unjustified to begin with, in this case? If something that isn't original (protip: nothing is) is never worthy of being hyped up then what the fuck is Star Wars? 90% of that fanbase has no idea what Flash Gordon serials or The Hidden Fortress are.

Instead of acting like a snobbish /m/anchild and wasting your time calling out fanbases you can tell people where such elements come from and expose them to the shit you like.

You seem upset.

>Just come in to these thread to copy/paste that same tired reply to show just how much of an anime connoisseur you are, i.e. typical contrarian bullshit.
This is the first time I post in one of these threads.

Also, you are still stuck on this idea that I think TTGl is a ripoff and that I hate TTGL etc. I never called TTGL a ripoff, I just think that that the fans are ignorant. From my point of view, you are projecting. You have this idea that I must hate the show even though I never said that. I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but since you dismiss everything I say and keep on stating that "uhhh you're a fucking contrarian" I really don't feel the need to keep this discussion going.

typical reply

I've literally never seen one of these shitters answer my quesiton

>Who? No one in this thread mentioned "originality" aside from you.
I'm referring to the fanbase as a whole, not just this thread.

>Also who gives a shit if people hype something to high heavens? And is the hype unjustified to begin with, in this case?
After having watched the show, yes, the hype felt unjustified.

>90% of that fanbase has no idea what Flash Gordon serials or The Hidden Fortress are.
That's true, and I think it's a shame. Even though i've never seen neither of them in their entirety they both seem interesting enogh to give a try one day.

>expose them to the shit you like
Not a bad idea. However, it's 5 am where I live and I really need to sleep. If the thread is still alive when I wake up, I'll see what I can do.

Fafner Exodus is literally the best mecha anime in the last ten years.

nigga it ain't widely known to be the GOAT for no reason

>babby's first anime?

that would be ttgl

It's ok.

>tfw you have to watch the whole show just to see yoko
>you have to sit there and watch all that muh aniki bullshit just to know if yoko will have a screentime or not

:^D

Nah, juvenile mecha designs and completely forgettable characters outside the main three (shoehorn Kittan sucked)

>go into TTGL thread expecting TTGL images
>Structured discussion

It's really the best one

I found bebop boring.

fight me

TTGL was fun as hell and i enjoyed it, but I'm a Hunter x Hunter fag so crucify me. Nothing has or will make me change my preference.

That's Ace wo Nerae.

Imagine how much money they would make out off a slice of life spin-off with Yoko, kind of like Illya. Just Yoko going to school or something with her friends.

I am you, You are me.

This thread was made to bait anons into bashing TTGL when it is a marvelous show not worth of being shat upon

And someone always bumps it at page nine, even posting a fucking emoticon and nothing else to keep it afloat, it's fucking retarded, I bet derp_commander is behind it he always does that fucking life support bump shit for threads he makes.

:)

Seriously kill yourself and fuck off to Sup Forums, Just because TTGL is the only mecha you've ever seen doesn't mean you have to spam it every day.

I'm starting to think that I've been approaching anime all wrong since 2007
I kept thinking I'd eventually find something new that fills the void that TTGL left, but nothing after it has come close

The very closest was Gunbuster which is older than I am. I think I'm just going to start binging 80s anime.

Jesus fucking christ I hated Kamina

At least he looked cool at the end, I guess.

[s] i think it's time to blow this scene [/s]

Not the best anime for me. But surely one of the best. 10/10 fight the power.

Dont give a namefag attention you dipshit. Its the equivalent if sucking their dick and encourages to keep doing it. Anonymise and move on