This was beautiful. Everything

This was beautiful. Everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1QTUOaNY2_8
youtube.com/watch?v=oh_Z63nhjVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does what most anime do: deceive the viewer while leeching cash from wherever it can.

Babby's first tragedy anime. Only casual viewers see anything outstanding in it.

I have my fair share of tragic anime under my belt. This was something else. Also, if all those musical scenes with their excellent animation, screenplay and, really, just general technical execution were nothing outstanding, I would like to hear what is, then.

Nobody gives a fuck about your uneducated opinions.

It had its moments but Toradora was sadder. The parts about his 2 competitors striving to be acknowledged by him were more touching than the blonde girl's story herself.

I felt nothing, Her story wasn't even remotely sad.

The music was nice but the characters were shit and they didn't grip you because they were so boring and then you just didn't give a shit about the story.

I won't say there's nothing outstanding, but the show has massive problems. The performance scenes are immensely obnoxious, the story constantly repeats the same ideas to the point of exhaustion, and the characters are nothing special. It certainly had good points but the entire package makes me want to tear my hair out from sheer annoyance.

Kawori's story got to me not because she died at the end, which could have been seen since episode 3 or 4, really, but because she was a talented musician who got her talent and life ruined by a circumstances she couldn't really do anything about. I mean, how excruciating it must be to be an excelent musician/sportsman/scientist/whatever at such an young age and then see yourself slowly losing your special ability due to an illness or injury. I can sympathize with that and it hit me fucking hard. The will to fight to overcome the impossible odds, while it is so much abused in anime stories, fit in well here and was a nice addition. I do agree though that the rivalry was excellent.

For me, the most (and only) obnoxious aspect of the performances was the repeated usage of the deep sea and punishment imagery at the beginning. That wasn't a problem after Arima got better, of course. After that I can't remember anything annoying. Just my opinion.

I just want to add that soundtrack is supreme. I mean the BGM. The piano and violin pieces, too, of course, but I'm not the greatest fan of classical music so I don't think I would appreciate it so much without the pristine animation and screenplay.

The story was pretty predictable but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was a pretty well made anime but I wasn't a fan of the art style, a lot of the characters looked like weird birds. Soundtrack was one of the best I've seen and the music scenes were well done, it really gave a good interpretation of whats going through the performer's head at this point.

The thing that bothered me most about the performance scenes was the constant internal monologues from people in the crowd. The deep sea and punishment imagery was also annoying and lasted way, way too long into the show in my opinon.

>The story was pretty predictable
it was on purpose. The animation was good too for an A1 picture show.

Was it? Its been a while since I watched it but I thought they teased that the operation could save her. It would have been a pretty standard anime cliche. I will admit, I didn't realise why they called it Your Lie in April and it hit me like a ton of bricks when they did.

Yes. It sure didn't help that I watched it in one go. It got very repetitive when watching episodes back to back.

It was kinda obvious since the fireflies scene in episode whatever, I can't remember but it must have been in the first half of the show, that she is not gonna made it. It still got its impact and I bawwled at the end.

Dammit, I should really go to sleep but I can't right now.

Since this moment in pic related. I don't know what the author wat trying to do with that.

>wat
was*

No you're absolutely right. I mean how dare they enjoy a show with well developed characters and wonderful music. It even had shity contrivances like "I've looked you since we were little, but I didn't want to hurt her" so fucking stupid. Worst of all though is that the character have fucking development, like why though.

Tl;dr how dare you like something I didn't like

There are bits of good animation, and of course lots of slideshows that fill the gaps as per usual with shows with good anime. But that doesn't really matter. The melodrama became boring and eventually annoying. The plot was predictable, we all knew the outcome before it started. The romance never amounted to anything, if anyone was watching this for the romance then they must have been pissed. None of the characters were interesting besides the main girl, who wasn't even that special herself.

And above all it wasn't sad. If you are the type to cry to shit like Code Geass and Clannad then I'm sure you'd find this sad. But for anyone who is not a 14 year old girl, by the later episodes you are just begging for it to end already.

>The plot was predictable, we all knew the outcome before it started.
That happened Halfway when she felt during the contest.

Sorry, if the show was in any way memorable then I might have recalled that. Pretty sure there were tons of obvious hints before that though that even a retard would pick up on.

I like how the mangaka used those quote throughout the manga/anime

KIMI DA YOOOOO KIMI NANDA YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=1QTUOaNY2_8

I have seen over 600 anime, and this is legit the only anime I have skipped scenes in. It felt weird doing it, like I was skipping through a youtube video. But I could not bare to watch the show anymore, it just dragged on and on with constant forced drama to the point where I was going to fall asleep.

I'm not sure what you're trying to show with this, but I'm fairly confident that the viewer knew she was sick long before the collapsing scene. I don't recall specifics but there were lots of hints, and besides it was pretty obvious something was going to happen to her just based on the type of show it was.

Is the anime good?
I'm currently reading the manga, wondering if I should switch to the anime. Might be better since it's music stuff.

>Is the anime good?
If watching paint dry is entertaining for you then go ahead and give it a try.

Read the manga, it's not as colorful as the anime and the mangaka didn't want to show the face of Kousei's mother.

It would have been better if people didn't cry every fucking episode

it's a that time (episode 04) that she felt and got sent to Hospital.

The ost is pretty good

Hmm. I will be politically correct and say that I respect your opinion. I still think that the romance was handled well, with the only exception in Arima's attitude "she seems likes my best friend". Bros before hoes, sure, but even the bro in question was cheering for him, he even friendly challenged him to go after her. On the other hand, I liked how Kawori wasn't trying too hard to advance their relationship beyond close friendship, presumably because she knew she is not gonna make it, anyway, so why hurt him even more. And yet she wanted to be with Arima, as shown by her letter at the end. Lots of feelings and affections between the main characters here, I think. So I don't think the romance never amounted to anything.

Also why do you need to have this romance by which you seem to mean to have a confession, kiss, handholding and all these other nice things at the end. What's so bad about the characters being just really good, close friends. I consider that to be quite romantic, too. The show was full of warm scenes where you could see the close relationship they shared. And the pain of losing a close friend is just as bad as losing a lover, so it was still extremely sad for me..

And lastly, I think that she was quite special and her story was very tragic. Mainly because of the reasons I already talked about here. She was different than Nagisa from CLANNAD, for example. She was not only a nice girl (as said Nagisa) but a promising talent, too.

TLDR I disagree with your opinion. Here, have mine.

I lust for Kaori. Is there something wrong with me?
Send help.

I thought it was later than episode 4, but I'm not surprised that I don't remember.

I have to agree with this anonfag; honestly the show sucked balls; the four eyed idiot spent 80% of the time whining "TASUKETE!!", crying and getring beaten up by his mother. Go watch better sakurasou.

most overrated anime 2016

complete shittier and only casual like this edgy ntr kind of anime

if you like this but dont like nodame cantabile, you need therapy.

anime is better

>sakurasou
As much as I liked that, the main girl is a literal retard.

>most overrated anime 2016
it aired in 2014. Shigatsu ost shit on Nodame Cantabile ost.

Its one of my favourite OSTs, link related is up there with Dango for sad anime songs. On the otherhand its quite melancholic while Dango is just sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=oh_Z63nhjVM

>sakurasou

Found the masochist

Too melodramatic, but still good