FLAT CHEST

Hai, Gensou No Grimgar!

Miracle.

How can I forget?

I remember that ass
deja vu

Dream girl.

Of the ass.

I've been enjoying the OST a lot recently.

That's some beautiful shit, user.

Needed more Ranta and less Mary sue.

Fuck off, Ranta is fucking garbage.

My nigga Ranta made the show.

I'm watching it right now. What the hell is up with the scenes where the camera is just following characters around the town while music plays? They've done it like three times so far.

Still sad best boy had to die.

It was incredibly low budget.

>dramatic scene with characters crying
>still able to shoehorn a sexual Yume

Ranta was literally the best, completely hilarious.

She sexualizes herself.

I fapped to this.

Are the BD rips out yet?

I'm waiting for Volume 3 to finish so I can binge it all in one go.

Yume was pure sex.

OTP

I remember you putting me to sleep and trying to be edgy.

Blue hair girl was best girl.

Tits was worst, she did nothing but cry and shit spells.

As in that light purple haired mage girl who wanted the dead leaders D? Yeah she was fucking annoying, i do agree.

Fuck this anime, it's like playing lvl 1-10 and when you reached level 10 it became the most easiest game ever.

Cause the goblins and kobolds had more personality than the entire cast.

Remember me Sup Forums the coolest character in the series?

Ranta brought the banta, Yume had a nice ass and the remainder were just varying degrees of autism.

All in all, needed some Gob and Kobold rape scenes ft. purple girl.

Yeah, honestly, at least this guy got shit done.

Do you guys remember MANATO?

God damn the sexual tension was palpable in this scene. You could see Mary was just asking for the cock.
Haruhiro disappoints me.

Don't bully Black Mage. she was speccing entirely for Support Spells at first, which is a great tactic--would you rather have a nice Stun, or one shittastic 1d4 Magic Missile? I thought so. The main problem was she picked a really, really shitty single-target as her first spell instead of just picking up that sweet untargeted AoE Sleep that can knock a whole gob pack out.

And then when she saw Merry's undead mage friend she thought, "holy shit why haven't I mem'd Melf's Minute Meteors? Those things rock!"

She got to reevaluate her usefulness when a brainless corpse is more useful than her.

Shall we discuss the popularity of grimgar?

one of the prettiest series i've seen in recent years. you could pause and take a screenshot almost anywhere and it would look great

only one other show i've ever watched has shared that aspect and it wasn't even an anime- Tron: Uprising

I compiled all the scenery collages that kind user made each thread while it was airing here imgur.com/a/aodQE

Nice, exactly my thoughts.

Yes it was beautiful, I feel like it was missing something and that's why it wasn't that big. In my personal opinion I think they should have gone DXD on it and added more ecchi/nudity and that would have gave it a major boost. It probably would have sold better than DXD.

>Hiryuu will never finish this
kill me

You are the kind of shit that kills anime.

>I think they should have gone DXD on it and added more ecchi/nudity and that would have gave it a major boost
It would have felt pretty out of place with the comfy atmosphere they were going for.

>Remember me, Sup Forums?
Yes and the character designer too.

hiryuu hasn't even made a post since they said they lost control of their server shit.

i think hiryuu is ded, i ended up grabbing an alternative to finish the show up. they never finished up shimoseka either. or that other battle harem that was just about to get to BEST FEMBRO's arc.

Yume's voice makes me diamonds.

I'm sorry if ecchi offends you but this series obviously needed something to help it sell better and ecchi anime with a good plot just happens so sell very well. We might have even got a second season.

I can't tell if you're being serious or this is some elaborate ruse.

What it needed was a better story to tell, or to have its story told in a better way. It was extremely slow and had an overall unsatisfying climax (MC solos the boss they'd been building up with a series of crits? OK.). It didn't need to become even more derivative and shallow.

Honestly, the only good thing I can say about the narrative is that they at least stuck to a pretty clean three act tale. In that sense, it was at least competent in organizing itself.

Bearly, coom setting, shit and mediocre everything else

No Colonal Sanders! Mamas right. You're wrong. All the show needed is more ecchi and nudity. The story which was already amazing would have overachieved by a massive margin compared to other anime of the same type. It would have been legendary.

our little group was so comfy, i miss chatting with the same anons each week

MANATOOOOOOOOOOOO ;_;

>Oh, It's summertime
>And the living's easy

I miss you too, user.

Daily reminder of the true heroes of grimgar.

Gobs are good. Humans are monsters.

Ranta is the best. It was proven again in the most recent volume when he saved all their asses and they leave him for dead because as good as Ranta's plan was he made the fatal mistake of trusting socially awkward retards to understand.

Enjoy your vacation.

This motherfucker going 1v4. Never forget.

Show had a few things going for it.

>Implying he wasn't doped up on strength potions.

I can't believe they ended it without them ever trying to figure out how to get back to Earth. Or even remembering.

>Yes it was beautiful, I feel like it was missing something and that's why it wasn't that big.

I agree up to this point. I think it tried to stretch itself out too thin, to the point where the enjoyable "comfy" atmosphere is no longer justified. Having insert songs in so many episodes was a poor choice, and it's hard to accuse a show that looked this good of having a low budget.

I also think it tried as hard as possible to explain as little of the world they were in as possible. This probably reflects the fact that the main characters themselves don't know much about the world they are in, but it comes off as very minimal world building none the less. I really want a good looking fantasy world like this to have some interesting lore as well, and there is essentially no lore to be had.

Are the LNs any different? I wouldn't know.

I would use strength potions to protect myself too if my kin were being systematically destroyed in a genocide.

It's almost like people don't realize it's an adaption of an 8 volume ongoing LN.

That absence of an overarching plot kind of reduced the characters to a "make money to survive" mindset that got pretty old after a while. The only other character motivation that stood out was Merry's desire to save her friends from undeath.

That's actually kind of what I'm trying to get at. I imagine the LN fleshes things out more, but as a single season anime there really isn't enough going on.

>genocide

That's what his kin gets for invading a world that's not their own.

It wasn't perfect by any means, and considering how much material wasn't adapted it's very incomplete, but I really enjoyed Grimgar. The scenery and soundtrack beautiful, the characters and atmosphere were enjoyable, and I found it to be a very touching story about coping with loss.

Am I the only one?

Yeah, I really enjoyed the opening few episodes but after that it was really samey. There was nothing to keep you going. Merry's arc then suffered from the opposite problem of being way too rushed; they managed to beat the big bad on one of their very first trips in there?
I loved the artstyle and tone and even the music, but there wasn't enough there of actual substance to keep most people going.

>Not the main heroine/love interest
I don't care.

My attitude isn't necessarily that I didn't like what I saw, only that I think it could have been better.

It had its moments.

I agree. It was a very slow burn, which is why a lot of anons have trouble staying with it.
I still liked the characters overall and would love to see more.
I don't think I could get into the LNs since the art for those is pretty bad compared to the anime.

>There was nothing to keep you going
Speak for yourself, Satan.

>humans literally magically appear.
Hurr Durr we were here first murder all immigrants from gobbistan.

>animeonlyfag

Read the LNs. Grimgar was populated by humans first. The No-Death King and his army of monsters literally invaded their world from another one. The gobbos and kobolds we see are the remnants of his army and humanity is only just now starting to gain back lost ground.

I wish I had more pictures of Merry.

I wish you had less. A lot less.

You're not the only one, I enjoyed it quite a bit as well. I need to stop being lazy and catch up with the novels.

Using "muh old war" to justify current crimes.

It works for Israel.

Doesn't make it right.

Apologist history is just revisionism. If gobbos dindu nuffin, why is there a curse on the land that brings the dead back to murderous life to hunt only Grimgar natives like humans and elves? There's no gray area here, the monsters are actually monsters.

I think some anons said while it was airing that the studio had an obligation to place one song in every episode due to some deal with a company. I'm just going off the threads, but it would explain why there are so many out of place songs.

I feel like the show had a lot of potential, with some hit and miss execution. I still really liked it though, it was a really great season for anime in my opinion

mary is best girl and will win

A contract with insert songs makes more sense than pure filler content, because the songs themselves require effort to produce.

>I feel like the show had a lot of potential, with some hit and miss execution.

Totally agree, I kind of wish we get another show like it. Konosuba was fun, but I want to see more Jap Fantasy anime that takes inspiration from games without having a [Neet gets teleported into a fantasy world] or [Stuck in an MMO] premise.

>Gobs are the source of all evil and curses in this world.
Propaganda put forward by the ones at the top to fuel their slaughter machine.

Loved it.

Let Mary win.

Yume is for pure, lesbian sex.