Are any of these death game / survival manga worth reading...

Are any of these death game / survival manga worth reading? It seems like all of them start out with a neat concept and run it off a cliff after the second or third volume.

Actually, I'll turn this into a more general question. Are there any manga that has started out with a great and intriguing concept with tons of potential, and completely delivered on it in every way?

I dont read a lot of survival/ death game manga myself, but to answer you're more general question: Dorohedoro. The concept presented in the start of the story is pretty weird, but the execution and delivery of everything is amazing ( but it is still ongoing though, so this might change for the worst, and i hope not )

I don't know about the manga, but the anime of Gantz was pretty good, the ending was garbage and left a lot to be asked
I'd skip it.

Alice in Borderland

people get transported to a post-apocalyptic version of the world and are forced to participate in games

can get melodramatic at times, but overall it's an 8/10

I will say that the Gantz opening is top tier.

Kamisama no Iutoori is pretty good. I'm enjoying it much more than Gantz. It hasn't really dropped the ball yet in my opinion, but it's still ongoing...

The first run went pretty strong right up until it just stopped. No clue if it was axed or the author decided to shit on it, but it ended poorly.

You read any of Kamisama no Iutoori Ni? I think it's a bit better than the first series. Mainly because of the more well fleshed out characters.

The Gantz manga is kinda fun for a while, and legitimately good through the Dinosaur arc. Then it turns into one hell of a wild ride.

I wouldn't personally describe dorohedoro as the kind of "death game" scenario the OP is describing, its more just a really twisted fantasy.

That said would strongly recommend, hopefully it starts wrapping up soon though I cant take much more of the crazy.

>Are there any manga that has started out with a great and intriguing concept with tons of potential, and completely delivered on it in every way?

Death Note, up until L dies.

Did Liar Game have a satisfying ending? I read about a third of it and it was pretty good, but I'm wondering if it sticks the landing or fucks itself like most in that genre.

Gantz overall is really meh, but there is a great point in the manga where the MC has to man the fuck up and it gets really good for a few moments. Then the invasion happens and its back to being meh.

Read Terra formars, you won't regret it.

Wow are you fucking kidding me? Not him put part two is basically shounen shit. With special powers and power of friendship coupled with monster fights using their new found super powers.

The first part was easily great stuff, brain and brawn of a human bean. And the characters were actually interesting, MC starting to enjoy the death game is a rare sight.

Fuck, I did the same thing man.
I think ill pick it back up soon

No. It legitimately had one of the worst endings I have ever seen

It's still a great manga for the mindgames though

>Are any of these death game / survival manga worth reading? It seems like all of them start out with a neat concept and run it off a cliff after the second or third volume.
In my opinion, no, they're all shitty. I thought stuff like Gantz and Kamisama no Iutoori were pretty bad from the start, though, so I think I just don't have the right taste for that kind of thing.

Ending and last game is the worst shit ever. Read it and you will ruin your fond memories.

>No clue if it was axed or the author decided to shit on it, but it ended poorly.
It was selling well enough that it got moved from monthly to weekly, so the author restarted the plot for the sake of new readers. Pretty much every series that goes weekly does it.

>Are there any manga that has started out with a great and intriguing concept with tons of potential, and completely delivered on it in every way?
Sure as hell isn't gantz. The anime was terrible, manga was better until the 2nd half with vampires and all the other gantz teams

Not like that they don't. If you move a magazine you usually either rerun the already-published chapters (if there are few enough for that to be feasible) or you do the "new series" thing but make it a normal continuation, just with an obvious introductory arc to get them up to speed and not make new people feel lost. Kami-sama no Iutoori and Real Account (both from the same magazines) are the only ones I know that have jumped to a new protagonist and then repeated the same plot.

Gantz is good, aside from the ending, but it is a wild ride. Lots of ups and downs and really unexpected things. I thought the main character has a pretty good arc at least throughout.

dragonhead and biomeat

the simpan something one with the masked people on roofs in cool

Can you be more specific about the mask one? Google isn't coming up with anything.

>survival manga worth reading?
Yes

For me, Gantz ended when MC goes home with his homely girl. After that, it was mostly just meh or completely nonsensical.

Dragonhead is just a bad Drifting Classroom.

There's still time for the ending to be ruined ehehehe

Not exactly per OP's critera, but Death Parade was pretty solid for me. Good if you're looking for some feels.

I think he means Tenkuu Shinpan.

I like it better than Gantz as well, because the challenges are a bit more clever and Liar's Game-esque than the typical "kill monster" objectives in Gantz.

Alice in Borderland.

>phoneposting

Fucking this. I'm still mad.

Second one is absolute garbage.

Out of all of them, Gantz isn't that bad on entertainment value (at least until after the oni arc). They all end up pretty repetitive. And dull. And most of them have shit endings, Gantz included.

>Second one is absolute garbage

Not him, but why do you say that? Haven't started the second yet.

It's really not. Characters can be cliched, but are better than the one dimensional nothing going on characters of series 1. Challenges are more interesting, and overall pacing is a bit better as well.

It's nowhere as good as the first series was. It feels a bit new in the beginning since new characters but it soon starts getting mediocre.

Its still good but just don't head into it expecting as much hype as the first series. Halfway through I was just waiting for the chapter when they finally catch up to the ending of the first series.

Oh cool, Blame!

battle royale

there's a hot chick that gets shot through the nose

Battle Royale is a classic.

>biomeat
Mein nigger

Doesn't Gantz have some sort of ongoing sequel manga at the moment? How is that?

The vampire shit literally came out of nowhere and was completely forgotten just as quickly. The other Gantz teams were actually a bit interesting, the Osaka dudes just fucking and killing everything was amusing, but everything was going downhill from the second half onward, and then completely shit itself around the time the invasion happened, which is incredibly disappointing considering the manga beginning was so strong.

It's Gantz but with a female Kurono as the MC