Kiznaiver

What is the appeal of this series?

>not very funny
>writing is poor
>no real plot
>melodrama out the ass for no real reason

Sure the series has nice visuals (and even then, only half of the episodes are good looking, a good amount of scenes take place in boring dark places where the MCs are trapped), but is that really enough?

the shipping you insufferable fucktard

Why would you care about any of these dull unlikable characters getting into relationships with each other?

Okada was a mistake.

The lesbian and the fat guy are pretty good.

To self insert as the edgy unfeeling mc of course

To wait for the day MC and Chidori FINALLY get together

no appeal which is why the show BD is selling like shit.

Okada is a hack and probably a slut, seeing how only male producers keep taking her in as the scriptwriter.

Thanks to them not able to keep it in their pants, we get shitty animes that could have been a lot better.

>No real plot

What essential element for you to consider something a "real plot" is Kiznaiver missing?

Its fine if you don't like it, but it seems odd to deny it has a story at all as a criticism when it clearly does.

I honestly just watch it for emotionless MC.

Best girls of the show.

I only watch because Chidori makes me diamonds.

It's the show for all the anime hippsters so they can say
>ugh Re:Zero is a shit show the real good show of this season is Kiznaiver
>look at me and my superior taste

I knew this show was going to be shit as soon as I learned that Mari Okada was writing it.

The characters are garbage and the pairings are shit

Said literally no one.

Yeah the show is pretty fucking boring, what's the whole purpose of the show other than "world peace through feeling others pain" if that's it, well might as well just drop it now as it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

>What is the appeal of this series?
The Trigger aesthetic.

No, seriously. That's it. Trigger tried so hard to make this work, but the writing is clearly too awful to be saved.

This show is shaping up to be more unintentionally hilarious than Anohana.
I wanna see what melodramatic bullshit they have cooked up for the final stretch

semen demons

I'm glad we are on the same page.

>What is the appeal of this series?
Okada's stupid drama? Some like it from what I heard.

but where's the actions

where are the FITES?

I really like the OP.

I thought I would hate the MC but he's not really that bad. I actually don't like the melodrama but I keep coming back in the hopes that something crazy happens.

There's a Tenga ass-bop in episode 1. Uhh... yeah, that's about it.

>I keep coming back in the hopes that something crazy happens.
You're doing it wrong, user. I just dropped it, and I'll only pick it back up if everyone loses their shit over the ending.

>he doesn't know what's coming

This anime is painful to sit through every week. If that's what Okada was going for she's a genius.

This pain, is ours.

If you don't like it maybe you should spend your time watching and discussing anime you like, instead? You'll just make yourself angry and miserable by focusing on people liking things you dislike.

But Sup Forums always shits on my favorite anime. In order for anyone to talk about an anime on Sup Forums you have to meme and bait people to get discussion going.

I liked Anohana though.

At least it wasn't as aimless as Kiznaiver

Shipping is a seasonal pissing contest about the most insipid and pointless shit.

This is such a reddit opinion.

Looks like we triggered the triggerfag

>hey anons I just watched this anime here are some points for discussion
>nothing
>hey Sup Forums this anime is shit
>shitposting for 100 or so replies then discussion starts
Everytime.

Whats the dislike for this show boil down to?
It doesn't seem any better or worse than most of the stuff that passes as an 'okay' anime these days.

It's mostly down to Mari Okada autists that shitpost every series she's involved with.

Literally watch the latest episode edgelord.

>Re:Zero
>good

They're both garbage.

You and me both, brother.

Come for the OP.
Cum_ for Chidori.

For me it's the fact that whenever I open a Kiznaiver thread I see people endlessly praising it and circlejerking over how great the characters are. And if I post an opinion that is contrary to what they believe I get accused of being a troll.

So I'm asking what the appeal is. Why does anyone like this show?

The writing is just plain stupid at times. None of the actions these characters do make any sense. Is it so hard for Kacchon to not be an autist around Chidori? Why does Nico have feelings for Tenga despite this never being mentioned or even hinted at by anyone or anything before? Why does the "humor" feel like the same old stupid Gainax/Trigger garbage that we've all seen before?
The characters are walking cliches. inb4 BUT DAS DA POINT. they're acknowledged by the story as cliches yet there's no evidence that these cliches are being subverted, it's just served to say "hey look we are aware we're using cliched characters"
There's no real plot. The only semblance of an actual plot is straight out of the Pain arc from Naruto, which honestly did it way better than this show did. What we have is an aimless series that is hopefully only going to go for 12 episodes because if I have to sit through 2 cours of this piece of crap I'm going to be pissed.

Visuals and music

What's the "Trigger aesthetic"? Kiznaiver looks nothing like Kill la Kill or Little Witch Academia.

>hopefully only going to go for 12 episodes because if I have to sit through 2 cours of this piece of crap I'm going to be pissed.

Why don't you just stop watching it then? Maybe that's why you're being accused if being a troll.

I second this.

To have a well-informed opinion on it.

Why watch Kizzzzzz when you can just watch Ijime Connect again?

I don't even know. I normally fucking hate shows like this but something about this one has me hooked.

Why's it worth the suffering just to have a negative opinion? If that's all you want then say you dropped the show because its shit.

20 minutes out of my week isn't really suffering.

Plus there ARE things I do like about it but I'm not sure I could say I actually like the show. It's pretty enough to keep me watching. That's basically it.

>why not watch something you like and have a good time with discussion instead?
>MUH REDDIT TRIGGERS
Oh Sup Forums.

But I am watching stuff I like in addition to watching something I don't like.

>he thinks white and red will end together
look at him and laugh

Pretty much this. At least that show just went ahead and didn't try to disguise its supernatural melodrama-inducing plot device as something more.
Then again, if you're watching Kiznaiver because of the pretty visuals then eh. It can't be helped.

I like it stylisticalist speaking.
Plot and characters are pretty garbage though.
Best OP of the season.

>20 minutes out of my week isn't really suffering.
>hopefully only going to go for 12 episodes because if I have to sit through 2 cours of this piece of crap I'm going to be pissed

???
I guess I understand the point you're trying to make.

What I wanna figure out is why this show seems to be getting a substantial amount of hate compared to shows similar or worse than it?

That's fine then. But maybe if you had an extra 20 minutes you could try a different series, or catch up on something old you've been meaning to watch. Hate-watching a series when there are so many others to watch just seems like a recipe for stressing yourself out.

>Is it so hard for Kacchon to not be an autist around Chidori?
Yes, because he is an incomplete human being.

>Why does Nico have feelings for Tenga despite this never being mentioned or even hinted at by anyone or anything before?
Nico has had feeling for Tenga since episode 2. He's the only character that manages to break her facade and make her self-conscious, something that Maki can't do by being a complete dick to her.

>Why does the "humor" feel like the same old stupid Gainax/Trigger garbage that we've all seen before?
I've been laughing along with every episode. Different strokes for different folks.

>they're acknowledged by the story as cliches yet there's no evidence that these cliches are being subverted

Cliches don't need to be subverted, and a lot of the time when it's done straight up it has even less value than a cliche played straight. When's the last time you saw a character who subverts a cliche and thought it was actually clever and interesting, not just a gimmick or something that looks cool for a second before you forget it forever.

The point of Kiznaivers is putting a group of cliched characters together and watching as "real life" doesn't fit with their cliches. Chidori expects Kacchon to like her because they're childhood friends. Noriko can't understand Kacchon resenting her because she acts like a perfect Rei clone. Even Yuta expects Maki to completely open up to him because he's a "nice guy" and acts like an anime protagonist should for the girl he loves.

It's about real communication, not the facade of communication you get in anime. If the characters don't realise this, they're going to suffer like Chidori and Noriko are.

The over the top movements, reactions and overall stuff happeing.
This is basically a SoL anime masked as something more deep.

And I have to say that if I have to watch SoL I prefer somthing stupid and over the top than 4 girls eating cake while pretending to be musicians.

>unintentionally

>Appeal

Nothing. Women writers suck dick at, writing.

>stylisticalist
user, you're drunk. Go home.

>why this show seems to be getting a substantial amount of hate compared to shows similar or worse than it?
Because triggerfags are praising it as the second coming

Out of all the Kiznaiver threads I've seen the hate vastly outweighs the little praise it gets. Even then the praise isn't hyperbolic, just shit like "I like the characters" or "I like the style and music".

Are people praising it as the second coming on other sites?

More like uneducated.
I made up a word and hoped it was right.

This. Some people love it for whatever reason.
Thankfully I realized where that show was going and dropped it early enough.

>mfw watching the first episode

This^

So far I've not seen one thread with more praise than criticism.
And even the ones that like it usually admit it's not good, but it just does some things right, be the style, be the music, be the gainax humor.

I'm more interested in how can anyone like any of the character.

Also, is white a double kiznaiver?
Did Trigger seriously expect the reveal of Nori being a kizna to be a surprise?

I thought everyone was diamonds for Noriko tho.

>Did Trigger seriously expect the reveal of Nori being a kizna to be a surprise?

Dramatic irony. Sasuga Okada.

stylistically speaking*

People who like Kiznaiver like Noriko for her depth, sex appeal and cute voice.

People who hate Kiznaiver do it because they're upset their waifu hasn't got her red pubes wrapped around Kacchon's dick.

thanks

>Kiznaiver characters
>depth

Fuck off you hipsters. The only reason people like Kiznaiver is because either it's by Trigger or because it's the "underdog" anime original show of the season that everybody else is shitting on.

Where the fuck were you fags when motherfucking M3 aired? Exactly motherfuckers. Okada's hack writing there was far superior to the garbage right now. Literally the only thing salvaging this shitfest is the competent director handling it.

>Kiznaiver characters
>depth
>mentioning the Blue Autist as a depth exemple of all things

>write a well thought out post on the show and characters
>0 replies

>post shitty waifu wars b8
>insta-replies

These threads are shit.

>>>/mal/

>Blue Autist occasionally makes a "deep" comment and acts like a mysterious cunt
>Deep
I will admit the White Autist calling her out for her cunty behavior and Blue Autist feeling bad about it was a very satisfying moment.

>Did Trigger seriously expect the reveal of Nori being a kizna to be a surprise?
Considering they'd already shown that she was in the very first scene of the entire series, I'm going to say "no".

>It's about real communication
Except the communication in Kiznaiver is as unrealistic as they come. It's no different from any other anime, that just makes it pretentious.

I don't get this anti-anime bullshit where people get mad it isn't realistic enough for them. Probably the same people who think Eva is a fuck you to anime and otaku because it has messed up characters. Everyone knows this shit generally isn't realistic, and only a dipshit goes looking for something where it's normally not expected to be. Want a show about 'real communication'? Make a show with realistic characters, not a preachfest with duller characters than the things they're caricaturing.

it's so painful to watch this garbage
we share our pain with all the other people watching it
mari okada is a genius

>>not very funny
>>writing is poor
>>no real plot
>>melodrama out the ass for no real reason

Like real life.
Maybe not every one want the escapism.

>Like real life

Pffffft.

This is a thing.

i want to cum on her glasses

It's nice of you to wait until everyone is done discussing the episode to make your shitposting general.

Have you ever considered that this show isn't going for one of your epic twists?

Not the actual thing but the bulletin.

>not very funny
There are some funny moments but I'm glad it's not a jap-comedy shitfest like many other series

>writing is poor
debatable, and subjective.

>no real plot
meaningless criticism, there is a plot, you just don't like it or are too stupid to notice it

what? there are plenty of reasons, once again you just don't like it.

On top of it, it's got great character design, good animation, an amazing direction, wonderful visuals and the best OP and ED of the season.

What's not to like?

Threads on airing day and the day after are always overwhelmingly positive.

Threads mid-week are mostly shitposting about okada and trigger, so yeah.

Is it bettee than Nagi no Asukara? Thats all I need to know.

>bettee than Nagi no Asukara?
Fuck no

What is the appeal of this user?

>not very funny
>social skills are poor
>no real personality
>shits out his ass for no real reason

definitely

Nah. The threads once the episode comes out are relatively positive. But let's be honest here, it's all just a minority of people circlejerking at this point in the season.

>circlejerking
is this what you call enjoying a show together? you won't find many people who hate fishing at a fishing competition.

Well look on the bright side, at least you small lot will never be as worse as the memeyoiga fags.