HEY GUYS!!!! This frog is kind of "cute",Let's turn this ecchi manga into a "kids" show so we can sell cheap toys,hehe

HEY GUYS!!!! This frog is kind of "cute",Let's turn this ecchi manga into a "kids" show so we can sell cheap toys,hehe.

There's literally nothing lewd about ecchi, you prude.

Say that to Sunrise!

>Every single show had ecchi moments, so there's not such a genre as ecchi back in the day.

They tried to fix it.,But it was too late.

They've certainly made it more family friendly over the years, but they haven't completely eliminated the fappability.

They turn it into crap! I miss the complete nonsense and fappability of the earlier manga chapthers....I mean Mine Yoshizaki was a hentai artist for god's sake!

Which one would you fuck?

Alisa

Keroro was never an ecchi manga. It had as many tits as any other series in mags aimed at young males.

They did eliminate nipples when they went full commercial though. Can't have parents forbidding their kids from buying the volumes.

One fanservice tsundere voiced by Chiwa Saito for me, please

> wasn't ecchi.
...sure

Is it just me or the fanservice took a turn for the low in the latest volumes?

The anime was marketed for kids so they killed the ecchi (and the artstyle.too)

Remembered how embarrassing it was when the first time I bought a copy of Ranma.

> was never an ecchi manga

BEST GIRL

>People making it seem like tits is a big deal

Newsflash, it isn't. For a show as unrealistic as this, it's strange how realistic is actually is regarding confronting female anatomy as much as male. They're literally just bread dough on a female womans' chest. Nothing that impressive.

If this show was borderline shoving young girl cunts into the viewer's sight, I'd at least understand, but literally, tits are not that much of a big deal. It's the same as seeing a fat man exhibiting his gut.

>BUT THE NIPPLES

Men have them too.

I want to fuck this man

Angol Mois was the one of the first girls I fapped to

But what if you watched it floor the girls and the frogs?

> floor

It's got tone down a lot not just ecchi . Less violent , dark humor , parody or even sci-fi element .

Parody and dark humor stuff was only really toned down in the first season and a couple of things in the 2nd season. Afterwards, they stopped doing that and followed the manga's style.

It's annoying because the first season is also the one with most manga adaptations, but after that all parodies were kept for the adapted chapters - although they censored actual naming of other series. But, later on, for example, they kept their designs and got actual Street Fighter VAs to voice the Momoka bodyguard trio based on Guile, Zangief and Dalshim.

Dark humor stuff also often appeared in later episodes of the anime. The manga had a story about Keroro switching bodies with Natsumi, the chapter is mostly about how much better Keroro ends up doing as Natsumi, but the 2nd season of the anime ends up attempting to turn it into a Freaky Friday switch story, where they learn that both of their lives are hard in their own ways. However, in the 6th season, they pretty much did a story in the spirit of the original manga one, although it's Keroro's mother in Natsumi's body, who ends up going on a date with Giroro, while no one cares about Natsumi in Keroro's mother's body who ends up dragged to another city by Keroro's father.

Sci-fi element is kind of variable. The manga had more detailed settings (for example, each Pokopen suit had a name, rather than just pulling new suits out of nowhere, there was a page just explaining the Anti-barrier and what it does, etc), but the later episodes of the anime have much more sci-fi stuff like robots and space ships, since Mine Yoshizaki seems kind of lazy about drawing them in the manga, where their appearance was generally brief. The chapter were the Keronian army sends Kiruru to Earth during Christmas ends up much better in the anime than the manga.

Don't forget how awful and boring the "plot" and new "characters" are,I miss the detailed art and complete nonsense of the earlier chapters.

There's an episode in the last season of the anime that seems to exist just to animate that joke they initially cut from the anime (although without the front shot showing Natsumi's nipples).

The way they drew her in the anime kind of sucks.

>Don't forget how awful and boring the "plot" and new "characters" are,I miss the detailed art and complete nonsense of the earlier chapters.

The "New Keroro" stuff was weak (although I really liked Kaneami and it's disappointing to see her sidelined - a character who'd be fine with aliens conquering the world is an obvious idea for a series like this and yet it took years for one to appear... only to get quickly sidelined...), but I think the problem with the recent chapters after those has been that they're too random and short. Most early chapters introduced new random stuff that then continued in the series in minor or major ways, while many recent chapters are just half length focused on some random one shot invasion plan or random incident with little carrying over.

Early Keroro could introduce a random Gavan parody that then went on to appear in many chapters afterwards, while when current Keroro had a Madoka parody popping up she was just a one shot.

She was always a lot cuter in the manga.
I don't like how the anime shortened her pigtails

> introduced new random stuff that then continued in the series in minor or major ways
Until the anime was created and they erased the girl's nipples forever.

They shortened her pigtails more and more every single season!!....it was stupid.

No shit

are the movies any good? I remember them being enjoyable when they were first released. I've been thinking about rewatching them

Some of them are fine.

>Let's turn this ecchi manga into a "kids" show so we can sell cheap toys,hehe.
And so it could become the most popular of the year it released. As well as going on for 10 years.

Junichi Sato knew exactly what he was doing. Just like with Sailor Moon and Aria.

Not really. It could have been just as succesful without toning down all the mature elements.

>a show aimed at ecchi loving teens could have been just as successful as a show aimed at the general audience
Whatever you say dude.

>there's never been a successful brand aimed at both young and teen audiences

Are you dumb or just retarded?

mature elements = ecchi

Take a load of this faggot

Keroro was cancelled and mostly forgotten.,Sailor moon was succesful thanks to the lewd factor and the yuri.

Maybe money is the most important thing in life.,but the current keroro is a waste of talent.

3rd movie was really good.

The others had their moments but weren't as focused on sheer spectacle like it.

The movies are all crap,I want comedy and tits.... poorly designed toys fighting each other have a place in Michael bay's movies.

It isn't only about the tits and comedy bruh, the scifi and action elements are in the manga are there and become more pronounced in the anime.

Not to mention Keroro is a mechahead with a Gundam/Gunpla obsession, which is also doubled down on in the anime.

3rd movie is good. It has a good balance of comedy and action. The others aren't really. They feel way too slow, or, in the case of the 4th, the comedic bits just didn't work well.

Keroro was never an ecchi manga though. It just started before censorship got tighter for stuff like that.

Yeah, there chapters with tits, but it wasn't something that happened every time or the main focus of the series. It's closer to Ranma than to To Love Ru.

I disagree with the topic creator's ecchi obsession, but the 1st season did cut a bunch of stuff unnecessarily, not only fanservice. Like for example, changing the ending of the chapter where Keroro goes to explore the sea, to end it with Keroro crying after thinking that Fuyuki almost died, while in the manga, he goes home and hastily tries to make a robo Fuyuki for the same reason, in order to hide his "death". The final punchline of many chapters was toned down in the anime's first season.

Keroro!

Mine Yoshizaki is doing the character design for a mobile game, Kemono Friends, about a park where animals are turned into human girls thanks to some space dust, and there was an in-game tie in event with Keroro there last year,, where the platoon becomes girls too.

The in-game designs and art are all SD-like though, in order to fit with the gameplay sprites.

Some of quotes and scenes there are really cute though, like Keroro teasing about how she's happy for some reason, while hiding that she's happy to just be around the player avatar, or boasting how she makes for a perfect girl and soldier, even though in her introduction she's almost scared to death by the game's original enemy aliens.

I hope we get a chapter about them in the manga proper. Maybe when the Kemono Friends anime comes out? I'm still surprised it took until last year for something like this, and it was outside of the manga. Mine Yoshizaki used to draw some doujins with female personification and gender swaps of videogame characters (and also designed the Angel XX line).

Her voice is kind of weird though (it's by Kanae Ito, rather than Kumiko Watanabe).

There's some fanart, but I'm sure they'd get much more if they actually appeared in the manga.

Banana!

My first manga and one of my top 5 series of all time.
When I realized only recently that the manga had been censored in the official western releases, I felt a little cheated somehow.
>tfw have volumes 1-16 but over half of them have moderate water damage

Also, are there any real repositories of Yoshizaki's art? His style makes me feel really nostalgic.

>those feet
Good shit right there.

I remember watching this show when I was young and thinking all the girls were hot as hell, then hearing that the manga version had uncensored boobs.

Finding the raw manga scans was a good day

Well, only the first 4 or 5 volumes were merely denippled anyway, it's untouched other than that.

where do I download all the Keroro?

Yoshizaki is wasting his "ecchi talent" drawing this once awesome now crappy manga.

Was the dub any good? I want to support the release of more Keroro in the west, but only if it's not total shit. The FUNimation logo scares me.

Damn, I still remember those really good Gambler Club doujins about this series, especially the one with Fuyuki in a threeway with Momoka's mother, as well as his own.

> It isn't only about the tits and comedy bruh
> I disagree with the topic creator's ecchi obsession

Super Abriged series Funimation edition

Keroro is still going? Holy shit

Only the manga,the anime ended years ago (thanks god)

Basically what said. You remember that old man who owned the toy store really early in the series and there was a whole sad story about him? They basically turned that whole arc into "OH I'M OLD I'M GOING DEAF AND MY BACK HURTS" jokes.

Keroro also always made jokes. ALWAYS. Even in the serious episodes. It really fucked up the atmosphere of the show.

The voice acting is pretty good. Giroro can't pull off tsundere to save his life, though, and Kururu's laugh is too low pitched, but it's the writing that's true garbage.

fug
What are the chances the rights will be bought by Viz? I find their manga localization to be quite good?

>tfw the english release of the manga erased the nipples to keep a lower rating
At least that was the only thing censored.

they censored some panty shots too

It was better in later episodes where they weren't trying to be so cute with the script. The only parts that made me cringe were the parts within the first 12 eps where they tried to make Mois say random Spanish words, but they stopped. The comedy was pulled off excellently (and more true to the lrmanga, somehow), the voice acting is indeed fantastic, and a good amount of the serious and "hearty" parts did get pulled off intact and well like Natsumi's birthday, the ep where she fell sick, the ep where the platoon had to "leave", and the ep with the girl who was stranded on Earth without her good-luck ball, and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

It's more faithful than some give it credit for, and is definitely worth checking out.

No they didn't, don't spread lies.

t. own all 21 volumes of Tokyopop's release

I feel like burning my set of Keroro manga because of the censorship.