Am I supposed to take this show seriously? Because it's impossible, plain as that

Am I supposed to take this show seriously? Because it's impossible, plain as that.
No matter how much blood and death you put into it, if even the main character can't give a shit about the situation he is in, how could I?
I get it, you want to make some punchline from time to time, have some reference. But why in the fuck is this guy such a retard?
Does he get better or is this shit going to continue?

>the main character can't give a shit about the situation he is in

He does care about his situation. He's only acting like a happy go lucky guy so that the people around him will not worry.

Are you retarded? Did you not see the MC spaz out and spam memes from the first episode?
It's trash, everyone knows it's trash. Watch it for the waifus or shut the fuck up.

Why are you so mad?

Hungry, at work and damn clients interfere with late lunch plans.

Lurk in your blog faggot.

Uhh....the mc does give a shit. He just knows that if he freaked out, it worry and cause suspicion by the other people in this house. Acting like a goofy idiot is done on purpose.

>Does he get better or is this shit going to continue?

A lot better in the most recent episode.

> Show about colossal faggot
> He dies repeatedly
Yes, and? It's called justice, OP.

>it's a people complaining before they watch everything thread

>not having your parents do the work while you sit in front of a computer all day

serves you right riajuu

Thats how otakus act their degenerate fantasies
Of course otaku bait MC will act like one

Still waiting for the day the MC can defeat the baddies himself instead of crying for help like a little bitch whenever he gets in trouble.

>Taking a chuuni anime seriously
>Taking any anime that isn't Lain seriously

>if even the main character can't give a shit about the situation he is in
Holy fuck everyone's been complaining about him freaking out and showing too much emotion for the last 2 weeks and now you're turning around and acting like all of that never happened.

I have no idea what other people are thinking, this is like the first time I lurk Sup Forums in months. I just made this thread to vent my frustration.

The criticisms of Subaru are all over the fucking place.
First he's too retarded, then he's too smart, then he's too happy about his situation, then he cries too much.

He's a fairly well developed character.

OP is acting like his opinion is fresh or new. Lots of autist have been complaining about his retardation and annoying personality. You aren't special nor are your opinions groundbreaking. Go back to whatever little hole you came out of you troll.

>he's too retarded,
That never changed. Every single episode he acts like a complete happy retard and doesn't bother investigating in any way that doesn't put him in harms way and he displays an ounce of brain only when he's confirmed fucked and doesn't do much with it.

I see.

If you remember episode 8, you'll remember that he was feeling so distraught about his situation after so many deaths and the loneliness of being unable to share his situation with anyone else that he completely broke down into tears.

An episode later, and he's had a chance to recollect himself a little, and found a lead, and is now doing what he can to keep himself focused on his goal. Making silly remarks and quips is practically that guy's coping mechanism.

I am at episode 4. Well, 5, I guess.

>Browsing Sup Forums while working
Hope ya get fired soon

You mean PROMOTED?

Nope. You watch it ironically and pretend you hate it but have to watch it anyway because if you don't who else will shitpost on Sup Forums?

His problem solving abilities aren't exactly perfect, but he's doing pretty well for someone who hasn't browsed the threads containing spoilers about his future life

Oh, well that explains the reaction you're getting to your comments then.

If you're waiting to see him 'take things more seriously', then you'll get what you wished in a few episodes. On top of that, expect to have a few other questions answered.

>Subaru didn't read the WNs

What a pleb

Shut the fuck up then.

He is happy because he thinks he is out of the woods.

>PROMOTED
Dear god no, I prefer gruntwork to management.
Anyone with the minimum amount of streetsmarts would know to avoid most of the danger he's in but the major problem with the series is how he behaves like a happy retard even after going through problems and the sole moment he displays emotional weakness is to have a scene with his waifu after which we're back on track.

Yeah, because streetsmarts would help you in a fantasy world where everything is trying to kill you

>minimum amount of streetsmarts
>MC is a hikkineet

>the sole moment he displays emotional weakness is to have a scene with his waifu after which we're back on track.
Yeah, that's a plot point. He doesn't display his emotional weakness.

>Anyone with the minimum amount of streetsmarts would know to avoid most of the danger he's in
If you've read even a tenth of the completely retarded suggestions anons have unironically posted about 'what Subaru should have done instead' over the last few months, you'd realise that Subaru is completely killing it compared to your average user. He's almost too good at advancing the plot if anything.

lol nah bro I'd just kill everyone easily Subaru is dumb

Subaru is so pure and cute, I want to rape and kill him ~

Ara~ Ara~

I want to help him attain his position as the insane dark lord.

Post twins.

Not gonna happen based on what WN friends say.

Being cautious about who you babble information to is a braindead notion. The only reason he got killed in the first three episodes was due to revealing his intentions for an item he had no reason to talk about. He assumes everyone in the world is his friend and is surprised when people shank him.
>MC is a hikkineet
>implying they're not MORE skeptical of everyone rather than being the happy go lucky friendly dude MC constantly displays toward literally everyone

>He doesn't display his emotional weakness.
>plot point
Nigga, if you got mauled a bunch of times you'd display some psychological aprehensiveness whether you want to or not; unless you're secretly autistic.

You mean others advancing it for him randomly?

>get better or is this shit going to continu
who is the "MC"

>implying they're not MORE skeptical of everyone rather than being the happy go lucky friendly dude MC constantly displays toward literally everyone
>implying he isn't in a new world with new possibilities and a bunch of qts as his friends
Undeniably Subaru is an autistic oddbal, but him being happy with his circumstance, ignoring the curse, makes sense.

>Nigga, if you got mauled a bunch of times you'd display some psychological aprehensiveness
It's almost like Subaru spends an entire restart just lying in bed, not eating anything and stabbing himself with a fountain pen.

Street smarts don't work in medieval times. Street smarts don't work out in nature.

>You mean others advancing it for him randomly?
No I meant exactly what I said. Don't get obsessed with semantics regarding the plot.

Then you're no better than the prople at MAL who review airing anime or give anime bad reviews without watching the whole anime first.

....by this argument, every discussion about this anime, no, all anime, should be banned until the entire show has been aired.
I have seen a bit of a show and blogged about it. Do you not discuss shows as you watch them?

Discussion is good when everyone is talking about the same episode, but it's a bit annoying when someone complains about something in an earlier episode that is expanded on by now. Like OP saying Subaru doesn't give a shit about his situation

To be fair, people have been complaining about inane and irrelevant things in Re:Zero since it began airing, so it's not like OP is much worse than average.

>implying he isn't in a new world with new possibilities and a bunch of qts as his friends
His problem is he watches and gets his beliefs from the same kind of anime he's starring in: garbage.
Street smarts is just a catch-all term for being skeptical and pragmatic in your life. They work everywhere, it doesn't mean they'll get you out of every problem but it does mean you won't go through the same fucking alley three times in a row or tell the world about your objectives even when you know it gets you murdered.
I meant it as well, he never did anything significant to alter the course of his fate except get lucky and have others save his sorry ass.

It's not the discussion, it's judging something without knowing wether what you said is wrong or true, while being able to attain that knowledge. (he didn't even bother to catch up to the newest episode) It's practically like judging a book by it's cover

>His problem is he watches and gets his beliefs from the same kind of anime he's starring in: garbage.
Then watch something else. I'm enjoying it and will keep on liking it.

>Street smarts is just a catch-all term for being skeptical and pragmatic in your life
No it's not. Street smarts is quite specifically about urban environments.

>guy spends a week in a fantasy world
>already willing to sacrifice himself for everyone he meets

If there's anything implausible about the story it's this. Having a job for a week isn't enough bonding to make you feel a profound emotional attachment to people. Nor is making five visits to a village and playing with the kids there. The author really sped up the rate of emotional bonding for the sake of the story.

I'm still enjoying it though.

>Then watch something else. I'm enjoying it and will keep on liking it.
Then keep enjoying it faggot. I'm watching it and will keep on hating it.
>No it's not. Street smarts is quite specifically about urban environments.
You're a pedantic baka. >>>/reddit/

>he never did anything significant to alter the course of his fate except get lucky and have others save his sorry ass.
I can't take this criticism seriously. His fate technically only advanced because of the plot, but that only happened because he managed to use his knowledge from prior loops to orchestrate the situation in his favour. Luck played a part, but to simply call it him 'getting lucky' just suggests that you either irrationally hate the protagonist (and refuse to acknowledge his skill), or you weren't paying attention.

Or that you're wrapped up in semantics.

I believe it's explained later why Subaru becomes so attached to them all

>You're a pedantic baka. >>>/reddit/
>get proven simply and utterly wrong
>n-no go back to R eddit
I would laugh at you if I didn't pity you.

>and refuse to acknowledge his skill
Name 1 (one) situation where the MC displays any form of competent skill. He still can't even get potatoes right and we only have his word to think he's improved.

>Name 1 (one) situation where the MC displays any form of competent skill.
Episode 3.

I thought this thread was going to be aboutthe mc not caring about death, that would be a less retarded thread. But he can't freak out over the situation, why would he do that? He can't do nothing.

He sure got rescued and healed from his fumbling any kind of combat there.

You ever watch groundhogs day? The individual deaths stop getting to the person after a while. It doesnt mean they have stopped caring in general.

>manages to hold his own against a ridiculously powerful opponent for any amount of time despite next to no prior combat experience
>fumbling
The fuck kind of Gary Stu were you expecting him to be?

>Can't give a shit about the situation he's in
Are you retarded? Did you not see him lose his shit these past couple episodes? He's only pretending to not care so nobody worries. He's losing his fucking mind, and after reading the LN, he's about to get even more fucked up.

Op only watched 4 episodes.

>only watched 4 episodes
Wtf? I'm all caught up. How can you even say I've only watched 4?

>the situation in that pic
Obviously Subaru isn't going to panic. He already knows when the curse is going to activate, and Beatrice is right there, ready to rid him of it. There is literally no reason for him to be scared. None at all.

>there are people responding to this thread without sage
>people responded at all

>even staying to fight against an expert assasin
>even bothering to put himself in a position to be in the same circumstance with people he knows are inferior to her skill
The kind of "Gary" who knows when to "Stu".