Can you guys show me some examples of what forced animation looks like? I don't get it

Can you guys show me some examples of what forced animation looks like? I don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mw9s9nkuE30
youtube.com/watch?v=Ru5EKWP25FY
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZmXK87tWlQ
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/11959
youtube.com/watch?v=9qtTPTxvoPA
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=s9QSdNSc-F0
youtube.com/watch?v=xEQowCf_DL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>nichijou.webm

youtube.com/watch?v=Mw9s9nkuE30

DogaKobo

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru5EKWP25FY

>mfw the technical aspects of anime have gotten so bad, anything that shows a trifle of effort is called "forced animation"

>.gif

Someone post that girl trying to eat.

Fucking this. Kyoani really overdid it.

This one?

Forced animation is the dumbest shit ive ever heard if its like hiring a contractor to make you a wall and then he makes a perfect wall and you say "that was forced construction" so the wall is bad because you did too good of a job. You virgins should kill yourselves.

I can show you a personal example of forced anal penetration.

God these are awful

This one is rotoscoped.

no forced construction would be if he built you a wall with studs every 4 inches and painted a mural on it when he was done

Looks like rotoscope.

The first one's shit, but the problem isn't that it's "too good" or some dumb shit, it's that it's rotoscoped badly. I honestly find the second one really arousing and don't see the issue.

Forced animation is the meme term for something with bad choreography but lots of keyframes so it comes out looking jerky and/or unnatural.

Yeah. Looks like a neurological defect.

Man should I watch Joshiraku?

The issue in the second one is that she's having a stroke and a seizure at the same time trying to eat fucking chicken.

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZmXK87tWlQ

And it looks arousing, so I don't give a shit.

fuck

Jesus christ those mouths.

build wall Paco

Literally Kyoani-tier of animation

I don't like that!

This actually looks awesome.

Is this forced animation or good animation?
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/11959

I hate it when a character movement looks like they're punching underwater.

Or a mundane shot has so many unnecessary frills and the camera spins around like a Michael Bay movie.

It's hard to describe but sometimes less is more.

If he doest charge extra that sounds pretty good.

Everything is great until she starts having the seizure.

That is not how Sup Forums use it though.

This is just as good as how bad YOU think it is.
I fail to see how this is bad.

what is the issue if its the same price

because that is not what you wanted. you just wanted a simple plain beige wall.

No. Forced construction would be if they built a garbage wall that's not up to code and will fall over in a stiff breeze but plastered it with gold leaf to try and distract you from how shit the wall is.

in the beginning she is moving awkwardly in relation to the background and foreground. But it isn't really an example of over animation

Says you, I loved the "forced" animation in Nichijou

although I'll admit
these look retarded

>Mocking Nichijou

It's got some ice-skating and directing issues, but the animation is fine in isolation.

nichijou isn't forced animation though, and I never implied that

Sorry, I confused you with the first user who replied and everyone accusing kyoani of this.

That's just how it is when you're trying to match a 3D background with higher framerate than a 2D character. Shit like The Beauty and The Beast or Who Framed Roger Rabbit are pretty much the only examples done right, because they did the 2D in 1s.

youtube.com/watch?v=9qtTPTxvoPA

Still, looks good enough and I didn't find it awkward at all, just noticeable.

I just realized now that Beauty and the Beast was interracial cuckold propaganda

Fuck off.

Go back to your shitty home board

This is why we can't have nice things.

kill yourself

Stay in your board fagit

Overuse of animation quality to force a point upon the viewer that it is to be taken seriously.

cute foot

A girl falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, she is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, she immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on her as well.

But, the next day, when she recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at her with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the girl she called is not the same girl she fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of YURI.

I want to use Kumiko's hair as a pillow

From what I understand forced animation is when something that doesn't need much movement or focus gets it and is overblown.

>forced animation

That's not forced animation, that's just a bad rotoscope

user, that joke seriously doesn't work with a shitty gif cutting the framerate by half.

>that lurch and top-heavy center of gravity at 0:11
You can tell that the animators were using themselves as models

i guess nichijou is TECHNICALLY forced animation, but the idea there is kinda to purposely depict things they do as extremely as possible

i don't really get the impression that is supposed to be extreme, just that it's cancer

rip zellers

>lingering four-second shot of a girl wrestling a piece of chicken off a fork
That's deliberately exaggerated. 100%.

>technically forced animation
>technically
>forced animation

if the background in that scene is all 3d, why can't they just tweak it until they get it right?

I think you may have made the mistake of taking memes seriously.

Time is money

It's 3D in the sense of 3DPD/rotoscoping, not in the sense of CG.

Because time is money, friend.

See To 'get it right' they'd require to draw twice as many frames in the character.

I think people came up with the forced animation meme because of shows that had budget, and therefore could put in more detailed animation, but put it in erratically and in unusual places. That, and they could afford more animation but didn't actually bother hiring skilled animators.

There's nothing wrong with detailed animation throughout an entire show if it looks good and is consistent, or if it's not consistent (due to budget) it's used either in situations that actually have more motion, or for comic effect.

The idea that a show can have too much detailed animation on it's own is absurd though.

>All these flashes hiding the uninteresting choreography and basic 2D character animation

I get triggered every time someone says Ufotable makes good animation.

Fuck you I liked it

I don't see a problem with it, it's what gets kids excited way more than smooth animation. It's got to be a bit flashy (no double meaning intended).

Yeah its basically this, however retards will call any type of character animation forced regardless of whether it really is.

A sensible person on Sup Forums?

A fucking miracle

Fucking background is weird and distracting.

It isn't.

You would think the moeshit is killing anime meme would have died out by now.

A quick look at Sup Forums will show you otherwise though. Why do so many people still think that anime is dying? Anime has been on its deathbed since its inception if these people were to be believed. So far however anime has never been raking in more money than now, nor has there ever been so much choice. Do only contrarian people who want to bait (you)'s make the posts about moe killing anime/anime dying? Nobody actually honestly holds the opinion that anime is on its last legs do they? I don't want to believe this entire board has turned into a a big joke where hating the hobby is just the cool thing to do.For the longest time I have believed people ignoring all the great anime of the last years are doing so to troll, but I am starting to think it is genuine.

But no one says Ufotable has good animation, they excel in sound design.

Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

I haven't posted this GIF in a while, so here.

But where's the animation?

The only forced there is when she yell at nobody

youtube.com/watch?v=s9QSdNSc-F0
youtube.com/watch?v=xEQowCf_DL0

No one outside of Sup Forums maybe because I like to believe we know better. Go to any other anime forum and they'd hold them on high regard when discussing animation.

I didn't find her annoying like the rest of Sup Forums when this was airing but this scene was too much, I wanted to punch her face so bad.

Finds a way and an on-topic example for OP.

Holy shit

That's awesome what are you talking about.

Eh. Even if you stripped away the digital effects there, it still has better animation than most TV anime could achieve.

Nozomu Abe's cuts in that show are wonderful, you can't generalize the animation work of an entire studio.

>it still has better animation than most TV anime could achieve.
What animation? It's all just very generic sword clashing, just a step above DBZ looping punches.

it's good bro

The best part is that it's a fucking hentai