Lack basic survival skills

Only a third of respondents knew how to naturally ignite a fire, and 44 percent had never been camping before. Moreover, half of the young adults surveyed were unable to tie a survival knot, less than a third had ever caught their own fish, and 40 percent of young people surveyed reported having never swum in open water.

>foxnews.com/great-outdoors/2017/01/16/poll-millennials-lack-basic-survival-skills.html

Do millennials on Sup Forums seriously believe they only need a gun to survive?

>Only a third of respondents knew how to naturally ignite a fire
Like with a stick?
>half of the young adults surveyed were unable to tie a survival knot
What's that?

When the collapse comes, 70% of normie scum will die within a week.

The great cleansing will finally be upon us.

Your gun can light fires, catch food, and build shelter. Obviously a gun can do anything.

this. it blows my mind as an Australian how retard most Northern Hemispherians there are who are fucking gaylords at all of the basic survival skills. A few legit dudes in ALL of America and Europe and Africa, But the vast majority of towel heads and Asians are so fucking shit they can barely open a can of beans with a can opener. Caliphate? sure pals...Im honestly not worried in the slightest.

Sounds like pretty good percentages. So it seems like if you know even a few people you'll most likely know someone who can do / teach you those things.

Lighting a fire by spinning a stick really fast around some dry leaves on a hard indented surface is hard as fuck. I bet most of those people were lying.

Learn how to make a bow drill and select the right materials. Also knife. Never leave home without one.

I'm millennial and never make nothing of this, but I know everything that is useful in a disaster and how avoid dangerous situation and roads.

i wonder how their assholes taste like

>being this nu-male

It's called flint, genius. Spark = flame. That twisty bullshit is only shown on Bear Grylls.

probably like nigger dicks, look at those whores

grew up inna woods hunting and fishing with my grandpa or otherwise just fucking around, were poor as shit when little and couldn't afford t.v. or vidya, hell, even toys. I now backpack for weeks at a time and am a competent woodsman and have taught many of my friends who were raised fatherless how to survive.

feelsgoodman.iso

Doesn't surprise me. When you need fish, you go to a store. When you need light, your whip out your phone. When you would need something tied down, you have a nervous breakdown and wait for someone to help. Millenial Survival 101.

>40 percent of young people surveyed reported having never swum in open water.
This is the only one that bothers me.

I've done all those things, except for survival knots and starting my own fire from scratch, I know how to though. Fishing is easy and very gratifying.

You're already dead

>within a week
I give it a few months, but the effect will be hard to understate

It's very important to camp often, to fish and find food and water.

>finding flint
>finding right material for tinder bundle
>actually create a spark that lands in the bundle

Bow drill you faggot

>Do liberal cityfolk seriously believe they only need a gun to survive?
Fixt nigger.

>not having a bug out bag prepped and ready in your house and another in your car at all times
It's like you aren't even trying

Depends on the season. You'd see people die for the most silly reasons within hours. Failed to make or find a shelter, because they ran into the woods once it started. Failed to find water and got diarrhea because they drank that muddy water they found near the local pond, death because they actually drank the antifreeze-ridden artifical pond water in the town center. Would be a big fucking chuckle to watch, the solar flares can't come soon enough.

Dude seriously fuck Australia, not only that we need survival skills but our poisonous/ deadly wildlife is a whole different thing.. and it's near impossible to obtain a gun and have a good supply pf bullets.
We are fucked

As if finding the right fiber to build a bow drill is any easier to do for a rookie. You also still need tinder for a bow drill to work, it's not like you can light up solid wood.

oh god damn i want to kill millenials so bad
they are cancer

One has to be mentally impaired to not get their head around basic survival, even when left on their own.
The hardcore survivatards are exagerrating it because that is the only noteworthy aspect in their lives.
Why? I have never swam, and have no plans to.

I can tie a bowline

that primitive technology dude can do it in like 15 seconds.
I think the more difficult bit would come from getting the ember to ignite kindling.
That's why I have mag block and vaseline covered cotton balls in my BoB

>mfw i spend my summers teaching survival skills at summer camps.
>mfw if shit ever hits the fan I can survive and most people in the cities will die horribly.

How? Have you never been out to a lake with friends or family? Never been to a pool or a water park?
What else is there to do when you're 16, it's the middle of the summer, and it's 30 degrees celsius?

lmao um no sweetiepoo. Chad's will survive and mate with that girl you had a crush on in high school. And they'll probably bang over your dead corpse.

I don't want to teach anyone to survive. Their ignorance is my benefit. Less competition after 6months time and chaos culls the herd

>not just waiting for lightning to strike something

>Do millennials on Sup Forums seriously believe they only need a gun to survive?

Depends on what you're trying to survive. Since the main threat to me is niggers, I think a gun is more effective than fire, survival knots and swimming in open water.

They are probably shitskins.

Nigs cant swim to save their life, literally.

Either that or use a magnifying glass/glasses or stockpile lighters/lighter fluid or flint lighters and the replacement parts. Always have backup materials in case SHTF.

A one handed bowline.

you do know the safest place in case of a chimpout is in the middle of a large body of water, right?
niggers can't swim

Hi, 21 years old, not only caught my own fish, but i own 4 poles, bait catchers, line, and hooks
Also, steel wool + a 9 volt battery = instafire
Flint and steel isnt very hard to use, either
I can treat anything from traumatic disembowelment to blood pressure to gunshot wounds
>these broad strokes
Not all millenials are pussies, im waiting to go inna woods

>I have never swam, and have no plans to.
wtf

Is there a place I could learn to get gud?
I can very rarely go camping due to my schedule with school and work, but I would really like to try it out. Looks fun. :3

What are lighters and matches?

>44 percent had never been camping before
That's not even a survival skill.

A standard overhand know will work for %90 of the things that you need a knot for.

>less than a third had ever caught their own fish
Scavenging for can goods would be more important.

>40 percent of young people surveyed reported having never swum in open water.
Not an issue if you live inland.

>Implying humans need all of this shit to survive this day and age.
>Implying if society would collapse we wouldn't have it up in running again by the end of the month.

>Do millennials on Sup Forums seriously believe they only need a gun to survive?
Pretty much a gun and common sense are really the only two things you need to survive in the case of an emergency.

i can tie a noose. i'll be fine.

Nothing to get upset about.
Will anyone miss normies?

Probably a square knot, slipknot, or a simple over, under
Its not like you havent used two of the three to tie your shoes for the past however

That was the first knot the Boy Scouts taught me

This. Thank you.

>out to a lake with friends or family?
Not everyone has such friends or family to go with, you know.
>Never been to a pool or a water park?
No.
>What else is there to do when you're 16, it's the middle of the summer
Work, obvously.
Kas tur tik šokējošs? Ja nedzīvo tuvu pie ūdens tad tas nav vajadzīgs, vai citreiz pat iespējams.

>meme flag
>thread disregarded
>saged

>swum
what the fuck????

The only thing I can't do well are knots. I've never bothered to learn more than the very basics and it doesn't come naturally to me.

Do you even know how fucking hard it is to start a fire """"naturally"""? Just because you know doesn't mean you can.
Catching fish with carved hook and a sinew line is easy.
40% never swam (its swam) in the open ocean, so what?
REEEEEEEEEE
CHAD IS GOING ON MY LIST OF PEOPLE TO KNOCKOUT IF THE GAME EARLY
REEEEEE

I'm sorry for you then. Still, that's not normal. Most, if not all adults who have never swum in their lives probably have a phobia of water or live in a literal desert.

Good.

When the power goes off, nature will sort itself out

>swum
swimst'd'll've

Are you a fucking white hobo? OMG I'm so triggered now.

Why would i need to know how to light a fire if i always carry 2 lighters with me

>want to learn survival skills
>too old to join scouts

>When the power goes off, nature will sort itself out
When the power goes off, electricians like myself will have that shit up and running by the end of the week.

Can't wait for all that useless people to die.

Also testing picture.

I seriously doubt a third know how to naturally start a fire (as in no matches/lighter fluid). Knowing how to do it in theory does not mean you can actually do it.

Flint can run out, fluid as well, if you have a zippo just learn how to replace everything ( really easy) and keep extra parts

I can do knots, can light a fire, have been camping plenty of times, and have swum in the ocean so many times I couldn't have a hope of counting, but it's probably over 3000.

I have never fished, however, because I do not like most seafood. I'm sure I could figure it out though, and even if I can't actively fish, I know a few traps/nets that would work.

No shit.

I can live off the land, I have been taught how to do it since I could talk.

>OP thinks liberal millennials are everyone
There's your problem, fag.
Liberals are all followers, they do what the system tells them, at all times.
The system has never told them they need outdoor survival skills, so unless they're dirty hippies who are obsessed with trees and shit, they tend not to have those skills.

Uh no sweetie I'll just pimp out my sister

>Liberals are all followers, they do what the system tells them, at all times.
Quite the opposite actually, but whatever.

I love how manchilds hear act like they know anything useful when they can ignite a fire. Yeah, your wet dream of zombie apocalypse where you will be a hero is right around the corner, practice useless skills some more dude.

Good rule of thumb, surface/ shallow water fish are usually more often dangerous to eat than bigger, deep water fish, due to them having more passive defenses

No you silly, all we need is a supermarket

>picture of gamer bitch
>millennial thread

Sage and report this cancer.

I wrote a really long post but deleted it because I realized the millennials in question are all big city libshits and nignogs. Seriously, in a survival setting, any big city would turn into Africa pretty much overnight. All the food and water they require comes from the "flyover" areas they hate. And since they're not going to hop into a truck, drive out to the country, and raid Farmer Joe's corn crop, that just leaves supply raiding and murder. The herd will cull itself in short order.

Such poor b8 m8

other helpful knots should include
-flying bowline
-rolling hitch
-truckies knot
-carrick bend
anons should also learn how to splice

My (White, Irish) friend lives right next to lake Michigan yet cannot swim at all.

>I'm sorry
There is nothing to be sorry about. And don't say that to strangers, it is annoying.
>have a phobia of water
Or just don't like being naked around people.

wrong - pelagics tend to accumulate higher levels of heavy metals and toxins such as ciguatera more quickly. demersals tend have lower levels except in the cases of some family Lutjanidae here

it's not even a b8, what is that scenario you are practicing for? all the lighter fluid is gone magically over the night? especially since all the skills mentioned here can be mastered in few hours...

So you're one of those mega autists who can't take their shirt off next to other people or just really fat?

>The skilled workers who currently keep the country running will suddenly lose all of their skills and won't be able to fix the situation in a short time.
Spotted the NEET.

Yes, you also need to know how to carve the various pieces and tension the bow correctly.
Flint isn't exactly easy. You get very minor sparks so you need nearly perfect tinder (tfw balsam fir is one of the top three trees in your area).
I'm willing to bet most of these people can't even get a fire going with a ferro rod. It isn't that easy either, even with the shower of sparks, and on Survivor the contestants generally have a hard time of it. Those are people who have some idea of how to attempt it at least because they have seen others do it.

>Grew up and live next to a woodland area.
>Built fires from about age 8.
>Built sturdy huts from branches, twigs and leaves.
>Went fishing almost daily for a number of years.
>Used to enter swimming competitions.

I know fuck all about tying knots even though I was in Cubs and Scouts as a kid... I knew it back then I've just forgotten.
I feel like I could probably survive.
I didn't do any of that shit to learn it for survival skills, I did all that shit because it was so fucking FUN.

The former. Is that a problem?

I think it's a problem for you, since you're missing out big time.

Luckily for me I have peoples/blood relations all over this continent
I'll split in either direction depending on the situation, all you'll hear is the pitter patter of my feet and screeching tires
You morons can cannibalize each other, use your hillbilly skills and shoot each other full of holes I honestly don't give a fuck

or be us dutchies and destroy almost every forests you have in the country so camping isn't necessary anymore.

The hacker way is igniting kindling with a steel wool pad and a 9-volt battery.

The trick with using a lens is to use more than one. Or just use jumper cables. You could probably get a spark off a phone battery, too. Jam some metal into a lithium battery, throw it in your kindling and stand back.

This faggot is right.

Op why do you always use that girl in your threads about millennials? You have a creepy obsession bro

>bowline
Jam knot is more important.

> a gun
> a

No, thats not how Freedom works, KIKE.

You take a stick and some rope and a stick acd you wrap the rope thats tied between a bowed stick and you wrap it around it and you press it into some wood then you put a thing on top of the stick and press down hard and jack the bow back n forth

She's getting old, I remember when she was a qt314.

>lighter fluid is an infinite resource I can just find growing on any tree
>if I run out in the woods, I'll just like, walk back into town and get a new one
Everyone who has ever died in icy conditions is clearly a fool and should have followed your sagely advice and *unsheathed lighter*.

Those idiots in the Balkans who had their entire powergrid knocked out by NATO and lived for months in bombed out sniper-infested neighborhoods are super dumbdumbs for not immediately leaving their respective rubble nests and fixing everything. I mean jeez, they made everyone miss the new episodes of 'Friends'

You can't 'miss out' on something you don't like in the first place.
I see you are part of the herd, you are the one missing out instead, atleast from my perspective.

>Like with a stick?

They can't mean bow drill, that would only be .00000009%

Do you not feel that your mental obsession with this one girl is equivalently detrimental to all of the things you complain about?

That's not very commons skill to have, to be able ignite fire without matches or anything.
I don't even know what is this and why you need some special knot for when there's plenty of others.
>never swum in open water
I can't even swim (though I had my share of fun in rivers and lakes and seas).

I am a part of the herd that like to enjoy nature? Is this sarcasm or are you really this reddit-ish?
Besides, how can you know that you don't like swimming if you have never done it properly? Furthermore, how can you not enjoy a nice swim to cool off?