Can someone explain to me the psychology behind continuing to support someone who is obviously screwing you over?

Can someone explain to me the psychology behind continuing to support someone who is obviously screwing you over?

Other urls found in this thread:

philly.com/philly/news/politics/hhs-tom-price-private-flights-philadelphia-20170920.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one source
philly.com/philly/news/politics/hhs-tom-price-private-flights-philadelphia-20170920.html

helsinki syndrome

We stopped doing that when Barry was voted out

Execs being expensive is nothing new, nor is it really something to worry about. If anything politicians should be paid more. Their salaries are really miniscule compared to the rest of the budget. This whole thing is a left-wing meme.

Yes I could see that. Always amazes me so many middle-class and upper middle class folks vote to get screwed over. Like they think they're going to get in on the action or something if they do that.

>Execs being expensive is nothing new
Ahhh yeah it is new. Previous folks in Tom Price's position flew commercial airlines. And this is taxpayer money, not a private corp.

I never understand this argument, because both parties in pretty much every western nation fuck everyone, just to varying degrees.

> Party A fucks Group X 50% of the time and Group Y 30% of the time.
> Party B fucks Group Y 50% of the time and Group X 30% of the time.
HURRF WHY GROUP Y(X) SO DUM VOTE AGAINST INTERESTS?!

so you're saying the reason people stick with someone who shows to end up screwing them over is because the other party does it as well?

Generally because the other party does it more.

It's still a drop in the bucket. It is literally nothing. It's a leftist talking point. Nothing more.

bible belt mouthbreather detected

keep flipping those burgers cletus. i'm sure your kids look forward to working for my kids

The fuck even is HHS?

Sounds like if you have an employee who is stealing from you, you wouldn't fire them because you've been convinced the next person to take that job would steal even more. Does that seem logical?

Health and Human Services

An 80,000 employee department in the US federal govt, with Budget of $1T a year.

HHS budget is $1T a year.

Sounds like your metaphor is retarded because you're conflating literally 100s of nuanced topics, ethical standpoints and personal opinions, with varying degrees of importance for each individual in society of millions with a 1:1 individual crime.

Also your metaphor is fucking retarded on another level because in that scenario you would know 100% for a fact the next person to take that job definately would steal even more.

But you don't know with 100% fact the next person would steal more, that's the thing. Why stick with the one stealing?

And that's how we end up with a huge fed govt that over spends. People are too chicken shit to fire someone who wastes their money.

>But you don't know with 100% fact the next person would steal more

Except you do because 8 years ago you used to employ that person and they stole from you then.

> And that's how we end up with a huge fed govt that over spends. People are too chicken shit to fire someone who wastes their money.

Never said i agreed with it, you're 100% right. It's fucking dumb and people are afraid of 'wasting a vote.'

>Except you do because 8 years ago you used to employ that person and they stole from you then.

You trust too much in the 2 major parties. The Republicans tell you what the Democrats will do, and the Democrats will tell you what the Republicans will do. Just looking at historical budgets will tell who different people, even in the same party, will give you different results. And also looking at those historical budgets may show which party is actually stealing more.

Again, you're ignoring 100s of other factors that go into the choosing of ones government by the individual.

True, if having the fed govt outlaw gay marriage, and having the fed govt outlaw all abortions no matter what, then republican is the way to go, doesn't matter how much they increase spending.

Simple: All your options are people who will crew you over. That's if you actually believe you vote counts for anything.