Perfect Blue

I just watched this psychological thriller and I really enjoyed it. I think the film did a great job of showing the ugly and mundane sides of celebrity and the ending had me reeling. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see that the story was concluded in a manner that mostly made sense- I was not sure that was going to happen at the 2/3 mark.

Has anyone else watched this film recently?

Has anyone else watched

Never heard of it.

Looks like idolshit.

One of my favorite animated films, and my favorite Makoto Shinkai work that I've seen.

Proto Love Live moe fag bullshit

He didn't make it you fucking retard.
Can Sup Forums really not tell the difference between Shinkai and Hosoda these days?

Am I being rused or is Sup Forums this dumb?

>but! It's darker and talks about issues! I swear it isn't just more idol bullshit!!

Have you seen it? I'm really curious as to whether that is actually your opinion or you haven't seen it and you're just guessing. The film contains a display of societal issues but they take a backseat to the mental breakdown of Mina and the murders occurring around her.

So you're saying it's pretentious idolshit and not just regular idolshit?

Hosoda is a woman who draws One Piece manga, you probably wanted to say “Hirano”.

It's Sup Forums. There will always be dumb people on it.

Paprika was better

>Has anyone else watched this film recently?
No. No one on Sup Forums has watched it recently or ever. You're the first person to make these insights.

If you can't recognize obvious bait then perhaps you're the dumb one.

Ironically enough, perfect blue is most probably the anime movie closest to perfection ever produced.

No it wasn't.

> Has anyone else watched this film recently?
Statistically, yes.

Was this answer helpful? [Yes] [No] [Other/Explain your difficulties]

>Has anyone else watched this film recently?

I'd wager a good few since that real life idol stabbing a week or so ago.

>No.
I actually didn't realize just how highly regarded this film is when I made the thread. I wasn't sure how else to spark a discussion- I just wanted to read some thoughts on the anime.

>bait
Yeah, well I haven't spent much time on Sup Forums before so I wasn't sure what to expect from this board. I certainly did come out the fool as a result.

I was too hyped when I watched this. It was nothing special.

Lurk for two years, preferably after traveling 10 years back and visiting Sup Forums then.

>Yeah, well I haven't spent much time on Sup Forums before so I wasn't sure what to expect from this board. I certainly did come out the fool as a result.

Don't ever admit this again if you don't want your thread to be derailed

Back when Sup Forums was good? I was just getting started on Sup Forums back then.

Heh, of course. It was started on an impulse that has passed now; I'll let my shitty thread die. Thanks for keeping me company on a lonely morning.

Was he real?

Watch all of Kon's stuff if you enjoyed this. I don't think he has a bad movie.

First "idol" movie I watched back in 2001. Not sure if idol was even a thing then.

Watched it again a few years ago.

>psychological thriller
holy shit i can smell your fedora from here

It's a thriller about a girl who wants to become an idol but gets stalked by a crazy woman and a pervert fan.

There's almost no singing and it's pretty dark.

>2001. Not sure if idol was even a thing then
Where do you fucking retards come from? Holy shit.

Favourite anime film, best Kon work and Black Swan was utter shit.

Yes, an idolfag stabbed an idol like 10 times last week. Not sure if it's because he was an idolfag or because he was Korean.

Memories.
Those tags are abused but fit.
You're autistic.

First american idol season was 2002 (after this movie was made even), maybe they were earlier in japan but that doesn't really count over here.

We are talking anime here, not real idols.

What does American idol have to do with anything.

How much idol anime were there in 2001? You want to count Macross in there because there is a single singer?

In the west it was non existant still, so you can't throw Perfect Blue in with the later ones.

I don't know where to start with you.

This, people, is how you make a fool of yourself by knowing too little about anything that happened in 20 years between “Macross” and your own birthday.

Paprika was Kon's worst film.

Magnetic Rose was fine though.
It was Stink Bomb and Cannon Fodder that weren't very good, and Kon wasn't involved with those two as far as I'm aware.

Rose was ok, SB was well animated but long and obnoxious. CF was pretty but boring and pointless.

>epic twists bro
>mature anime for mature people

>Watch all of Kon's stuff if you enjoyed this. I don't think he has a bad movie.
Paprika is fun but kind but its really messy

I agree

no

>Hirano
That's the K-On director, you fucking idiot.

Where are the idol group shows from the 90s then?

Perfect Blue is Kon's best
Paprika is his worst
These statements are facts.

Your facts are irrelevant. They were all good and I wish we could have more of his work.