Is this really the best anime film?

Is this really the best anime film?

Yes.

Yes mononokefags can fuck off

of course

Nausicaa, Mononoke Hime and 5cm per second are better.

No.

Its only flaw is that it's not Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, though.

>5cm per second
It wasn't THAT good to mention it among those other two you mentioned.

>Nausicaa
no
>Mononoke Hime
tied
>5cm per second
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I still think Millennium Actress and Memories are better than this.

>5cm/s
Spirited Away isn't likely to be the absolute best, but are you even trying?

>5cm Per Second > Spirited Away
That's like saying The Notebook is better than Fantasia.

I want so badly to say that this is b8, I really do.

I prefer The Last Unicorn.

My nigga

if Akira was never existed , maybe could be

But what about Urotsukidoji? Must be at least top 3

My favourite Miyazaki works are Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service but my favourite film overall is Tamako Love Story so that's my pick. Spirited Away is still really good though.

He's right.

No idea, but it's certainly up there in the top 10 at least.

There's stuff like Porco Rosso, Nausicaa, Millennium actress, motherfucking Akira, applesed and I'm sure there's others too that are more than worth a look.

This was in 2011. The Kyoukai no Kanata mirai-hen movie hadn't come out yet.

That's not Paradox Paradigm.

>5cm/s
>Good

No WOTH is the god of all anime films.

I will keep repeating it until people accept it.

>Millennium Actress
Sure.
>Memories
Really? An animation marvel for sure but there's a reason people only bring up Magnetic Rose. Even then I thought Kon's script wasn't quite as refined as his later stuff.

You know, for some reason 5cm seems like really popular for normies, I mean a couple of co-workers recommended it to me back in the day and they were praising the shit out of it for some reason, and they are your typical bayformers kind of retards that barely know what dbz is.

Shinkai's probably among the best known contemporary directors, behind just a few.

Yep, no contest.

>5cm
>better than anything
It's shinkai's worst work so far.

>5cm per second
lol

I dunno. Akira may have been groundbreaking in terms of animation and stuff, but the story was pretty lackluster. I prefer the storytelling of Spirited Away.

no, it was complete junk

I don't even see how a kid would like this

Granted the only other feature of his I've seen was Garden of Words, but I thought 5cm/s was definitely better than that one.

It's also better than Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Shinka's Ghibli ripoff (I like Shinkai, but it's hard to not phrase it that way).

Its not even Miyazaki's best film. So no. Stop listening to the Academy Awards for what the 'best' of anything is.

I guess it's just a taste thing cause they're so different, but I definitely got more out of Akira.

this.

That's not Angel's Egg.

Oh right, I've seen that one too. I didn't care for it either. Only Shinkai I liked were 5cm/s and his two short films about cats.

Never got why people think Spirited Away of all Ghibli films is so special. But then again Sup Forums will call me a dirty hipster for liking Porco Rosso best.

Porco has been my favorite since I saw it back in 1998. If anything, its just the more recent anime fans who don't like anything before the year they got into anime.

Jin Roh is better.

I love Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky and Mononoke because of the nostalgia glasses, but it's true that Porco Rosso is the best Ghibli film. Honorable mention for Whisper of the Heart and Kiki as well

Who the fucks cares about child prostitution.Jin roh is better

Most respectable tastes

Spirited isn't even ghibli's best film.

But other then the visuals the movie was a terrible interpretation of the manga. I don't blame them as telling akira in 2 hours is impossible but still.

Not when Redline exists.

My nigga

Fio is by far the best Ghibli girl.

The K-On movie is the pinnacle of anime

AKIRA a best.

negro mio

Haruhi, Madoka and K-ON! are the best anime movies ever made. Fite me

A fucking cute.

I will fite you because you lumped Madoka in with the two penultimate anime movies

I don't hit children.

thumbnail looks like there's a/spoiler] penis

>Haruhi
No.
>Madoka
More no.
>K-On!
The most no.

I'm 25.

Why are Ghibli movies so fucking boring?

What do you think penultimate means?

>being this much of a hipster ghibli fag

the last and greatest

>hi, I am here since last summer

You are 25 and still watch anime, lmao.

Not even the best Ghibli film

May I ask, what other movies have you seen?

Because they're just lol quirky random visuals with inoffensive story themes and a plot that just proceeds without relying on the characters at all. So the characters themselves are inconsequential and are mostly just passive onlookers to whatever crazy shit is happening.

You couldn't name a single consequential decision that a character has made in a Ghibli film that substantially affected the outcome of the story.

I didn't even watch one ghibli movie fag, i just despise your taste.

Her butt is bigger than it looks, you know

>hipster
>ghibli fan
Please stop posting

I'm a lot older than that and I still watch anime. Hope you don't die of too much lmao

I'm a lot younger than that and will be watching anime until I die of a moe-induced heart attack

ayyy lmao

I like Majo no Takkyubin better.

>normies

It means next to last in a list or sequence.

9 is the penultimate number in a list of integers from 1 to 10.

Know what film was great?

The Anthem of the Heart

apart from the 3 I mentioned, off the top of my head I can think of

Laputa
Porco Rosso
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Nausicaa
5cm/s
Jin Roh
Cowboy Bebop
Akira

I think Cowboy Bebop, Spirited Away and Nausicaa were pretty decent. The rest range from bad to average.

My taste>your taste

I agree user, it was a great movie.

The girl who leapt through time

Ghibli movie ranking

Howl's moving castle
Porco Rosso
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Laputa

I can't believe barely anyone has mentioned Howl's moving castle, even my normie friends have seen that.

you're a dirty hipster!

Its not even the best Ghibli film

MOTHA. FUCKIN. WHISPER OF THE HEART

Howl's is poorly regarded relative to his other movies. Your list is pretty plebby, not that I think Miyazaki has made any bad films.

>I can't believe barely anyone has mentioned Howl's moving castle
Because its an incomplete movie that isn't as good as most of the others. That and Earthsea are really the only lackluster movies Ghibli made.

>even my normie friends have seen that.
That doesn't make it good. Everyone and their mom has seen Frozen. Doesn't make it the best Disney movie.

fuck you reimu thats all i can see now

DUDE JAPANIMATION LMAO

I knew a dumb hoe who seriously thought this was the best film not anime FILM of all time. Stupid idiot cried to it like she cried to everything because of MUH DEAD PARENTS ;-;;;

Lmao get raped again by your drug addict daddy and watch your mom die of cancer again you fat trailer trash slut

>tfw no one ever mentions cagliostro

i liked it alot, but i can't bring myself to say its the best movie ever when there are such strong contenders around

I'm going to sound like a hipster but does anyone feel pre 90's ghibli films were much better? They did so many classics in the 80's, castle of cagliostro, nausicca, my neighbor totoro, laputa, and kiki are fantastic and I feel the quality during that time isn't in most of their later works.

>Lmao get raped again by your drug addict daddy and watch your mom die of cancer again you fat trailer trash slut
Are you writing that in the hope that this dumb woman you know is browsing Sup Forums's Sup Forums board and reading threads like this one?

>Five frames per second
>good

To answer your question OP, this movie is the greatest anime movie

take it easy user

Grave of the Fireflies is the best anime film ever made, it's also one of the best war films (this includes live-action works) ever produced.

>Stupid idiot cried to it like she cried to everything because of MUH DEAD PARENT
Are you sure you know the movie? Her parents aren't dead.

It's a pretty good film anyway, why is your anus so pepperoni'd.

No

I can never understand how people get emotional over movies. How corny is that?

try upgrading your OS to process feels you fucking robot

>not being totally immersed in a film and experiencing powerful emotions as if they were first-hand

nice job missing one of the main elements of entertainment media

To me, yes. I'm basing that on the story telling and animation as well as the personal meaning I derived from it.

I saw it when I was a kid and scenes from it stuck with me for years. None of the Pixar movies I watched as a kid had the same effect.

Nah eva movie was