Is she alcoholic? Seems like she only eats for the sake of drinking something

Is she alcoholic? Seems like she only eats for the sake of drinking something.

>Seems like she only eats for the sake of drinking something.
How do you figure?
Is it the way she keeps talking about the food?

The latest manga chapter seems to indicate so.

I just read one of the recent chapters. She drinks a whole bottle of wine, a whisky and a beer with some snacks and salad.

She polished off a bottle of wine, whiskey, and some beer with dinner so it's possible.

She's a Japanese adult with a full time job. Of course she's an alcoholic.

Ma si jolie femme.

Look at her eyes, she got brain damage

Alcoholics don't bother with the food: "Eating's cheating", cheating yourself out of a better drunk. Barsnacks with alcohol is as sensible as biscuits with tea.

Round head food lady owns and I love her.

If you haven't gotten quietly mad about people in a restaurant not respecting food like you do, you don't go out enough.

adtrw's wakakozake thread was great because cooking is cool

Wakako is the best.

Agreed.

Food, and by extension cooking, is the best thing and the easiest common ground for any medium.

Drinking a little bit Liquor, makes food taste better.
Heck, beer+anything works fine.

Confirmed.

She's a connoisseur, not an alcoholic. She enjoys sake the same way a French person might enjoy a fine wine. We only see her get inebriated once, and even then she clearly stated that was not normal, nor intentional. If you think she's an alcoholic, then you clearly don't understand either the series, or alcohol in general.

>nothin personnel... kid...

Alcohol tastes bad. People trick themselves into believing they like it when they really only like drinking. What's to like about a flavorless chemical that burns your mouth?

What's to like about a flavorless, odorless gas that causes you to burp?

Haha, yes, pure alcohol consumption is at an all-time high, how can we fight this scourge?

Come back when you've grown up and tasted liquor.

Dubs checked

Did she activate the almonds first?

You lying sack of shit, it only makes the beer taste worse.

I can't stand drinking beer while eating.

Getting drunk is the only thing that makes alcoholic beverages good. They taste awful. Always awful.

Nah.

If your palate can't appreciate something as simple as lager or pilsner and salty+savory snacks, it's on you. Wine pairings with food aren't solely because of the wine, but the flavors that come out from the combination of food and drink. Both are changed for the better when done correctly. Certain liquors can cut the acidity or grease of a food and make it more palatable while, in turn, enhancing the flavor of the drink.

If you think being drunk is the only reason alcohol exists, you're ignoring the centuries of work that have gone into making specific, particular alcohols and the blends and proofs contained therein.

Basically, you're a child.

Isn't her a little old to be eating all alone everywhere? Shouldn't she focus in find a boyfriend or something?

Subtext is that her boyfriend was a philistine that didn't appreciate food like her, which is/was too much on top of work, so she dumped him/is ignoring him and has been enjoying herself with good food and drink. Sometimes also checking out handsome chefs/waiters.

Wakako is legit, don't need no man to have a nice evening.

Maybe, all I know is that no combination of food and liquor has ever tasted good to me.

PSHHUUUUUUUUU

What are you a highschool girl?

Which is fine, some people don't like this or that liquor and some people can't actually handle it in their system at all. Neither of those are a reason to belittle someone. However, the flipside is that a person who has those tendencies has no room to declare that everyone else is wrong. It's intrinsically ignorant to say that the things you don't like can't be liked by anyone else. That's reactionary and childish.

But we are friends in this thread and this thread is about liking food, however it's presented.

PSHU~~~~

Dumping the latest chapter because reasons.

idk why this is so easy for normals to appreciate about food and drink, but anything modern/contemporary art triggers them into the same "it's all shit because I don't get it and everyone who says otherwise is absurdly pretending" mode.

is it really so hard for people to admit that just maybe they might not be perfect at everything? I don't smell too good yet it's never been a deep insecurity I found my entire ego on vehemently denying

> I don't smell too good
I mean im not too good at smelling. I smell fine. At least I think I do, I mean I'm not too good at smelling

As long as you don't go out it's fine to smell a bit.

Dammit, captcha asking to select juice, then drinks, then salads and waffles.

>beer
Underaged

Food is a primal thing, eating is necessity, but introspection and contemplation are a luxury, at least in a caveman sense. Art is the big one, though, so when someone sees something they don't immediately understand, they, in turn, immediately discount its value. The same approach applies: just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's shit.

What's a good Sup Forums meme for this? Nichijou?

Artistry exists with or without you, don't get mad because you're not riding the same train.

What did she mean by this?

My melanine enriched friend, you do get it.

>connoisseur
She's just a working woman who enjoys eating junk food, not a gourmet.

Obviously you think this because you only know pisswater beer, get an IPA.
Shiet, I love my IPA with spiced food.

>gourmet

You mean "gourmand" user.

i bet you prefer Monster over coffee too

And you clearly don't understand subtext. The overarching story of Wakako is what it's like being a single salary-woman with no social life. She's a kind of adult otaku. So yeah she's a food and alcohol enthusiast the same way you're an anime and manga enthusiast.

>French person might enjoy a fine wine
I fucking hate this stereotype. This and frog legs.

I honestly thought muslims are forbidden from drinking wine.

I'm gonna marry Wakako

this should have got a 2nd season instead of marshmallow obese office man

Bringo!

Thank god they can still enjoy their cheese, baguettes and garlic.

I would fall deeply and comfy love with someone like Wakako.
Too bad 3DPD women canĀ“t appreciate good food nor beer