Science

I don't know if you've noticed it too, but it seems to me lately that the (((politically correct))) left is playing the (((science))) card more and more, to present themselves as the "party of science" and further dismiss other viewpoints as "unscientific backwards bigots"

It particularly annoys me since, as a STEM student, I have to study actual science every day, and it pains me to see it used to dishonestly spread their agenda. Any other Sup Forumstards feel like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JeSMPESpxdA
downloads.globalchange.gov/usimpacts/pdfs/climate-impacts-report.pdf
climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
dailycal.org/2017/09/17/stem-professors-will-conduct-class-free-speech-week-despite-faculty-boycott/
science.house.gov/news/press-releases/former-noaa-scientist-confirms-colleagues-manipulated-climate-records
youtube.com/watch?v=VtJFb_P2j48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whatever you do, don't look up NGT's new show on NatGeo. Don't look it up.

>it's called StarTalk. pic related

>enter new-age Mainstream Propaganda Channel

>high school integration
>science
top kek

>tfw I have a PhD in geophysical dynamics and one of the sociology undergrads says I'm anti-science because I didn't blame last weeks rain that put spots in her BMW on trump

This, THIS is exactly what I'm talking about.

JUST

The problem is, that they are acting as if their moral foundations are directly constructed on science.
Their definition of science a substitute for religion.

Physics grad student here...

Yeah. I've been called anti-science as well because I ask "show me the falsifiable hypothesis and the experimental results".

They don't like it when I point out that computer models are not hypotheses, because it's just curve fitting an spanning basis set of vectors to a curve.

>posts babby's first calc 1 integral
wow dude u r le epic cool scientist, you are so much smarter than leftists!!!!!

sage

Good analysis.

Jesus fucking Christ guys, that was the first STEM-related pic I had in my folder, why don't you wear a miniskirt and go parading at a gay pride if you're nitpicking that much?

Dude, just shut the fuck up and stop asking questions. Listen to Rachel Maddow, she will tell you what real science is.

Real science is cutting your penis off because you feel like you're a girl. It has nothing to do with measurements or other patriarchal constructs.

i thought americans had to go to university to see their first integral and only in stem majors
or are you a ruskie that moved

yeah user everytime I integrate by parts I wonder how this will get invaded by cultural marxism.

I learned integrals at grade 7. The department of education curriculum is not uniform. For example the years i went there my elementary school was testing best in the nation, #5 worldwide. Our sixth graders were speaking 3 languages, but some euro schools were doing 4 plus. When the kids are smart the class just moves on to more advanced material until the year is over.

yeah well public school teaches integrals usually around 12th grade if your mommy doesn't sign a form that lets you stop taking math after basic trig ;)

why not? they seem to be talking about astronomy only.
or is there more to it? pls link

Public schools are a joke, at least here.

Im calling bullshit. But then again i went to public school so what do i know?

Learned integrals in high school ackchhually

>(((politically correct))) left is playing the (((science))) card more and more
just the opposite, really. once the left started eating themselves I dropped their ideology.

>be leftist ideology
>everything is a hierarchy
>oppressor on top
>oppressed on bottom
>murder the top, gibs for bottom
>scientifically true vs scientifically false
>see the hierarchy
>surviving truth(winner/oppressor) is on top
>discarded false(loser/oppressed) is on the bottom
>resent the top of the heirarchy i.e. truth
>murder truth
>apply the above to every scientific field
>biology is wrong about gender
>science was developed by oppressive cis male white european slave owners like isaac newton
>etc.

And this is why those in the field of Human Biology (General, Pathology, Genetics, etc) are "redpilled". Because they actually look at the hard coded data of organisms and disregard any fee fee bullshit.

People talk shit of the Bio field but they are needed now more than ever before in this crazy fucked up world rife with political correctness.

Newton never was a scientist. I laugh at sciencucks who think that he was a "greatest scientist of the past".

>hard coded data of organisms
There is no such thing as a hard coded data in organisms. Nature is not a computer.

Are you studing an actual science or a meme science?

Science says Leftists are Nazis, why do they ignore science and favor History? Is Science too inconvenient for them?

Bill Nye the Pseudoscience Guy has earned my eternal hatred. Politics should stay out of science.

What is DNA but a organism's source code? That is absolutely hard coded data.

M8 nature is a computer just an organic one at that. from the way our brain functions to DNA and RNA coding life is eerily similar if not identical to what makes a computer function

Chemistry.

Science should also stay out of politics.

There is this dude on youtube who goes by the name truediltom (yes I know eceleb cancer/jewtube but hear me out). The guys video called "the academic lefts hatred of science" gives the best TLDR about the current situation of science in the western world and I suggest watching it to have a starting point in researching the methods of jewish subversion in academia, their tactics and history of where it came from.

I'll check it out, sounds promising.

I see what you are trying to say but it isn't that simple. It is just as important which genes are expressed in the DNA as are present. You cannot tell from DNA alone which genes will be expressed in the organism. It's messy, like all things concerning life.

>lately
They been doing this for decades. I keep telling you idiots that associated with creationist christcucks just gives the left a free shot. It would be so easy to dismantle that argument if we kept that faggotry out. Trans garbage and feminist dogma is anything but scientific.

I've noticed that people act like tough shit online but you both are probably shit at math irl.

Integral at grade 7? Bullshit. I don't know of a single school system in the US teaching Calculus to 12 year olds.

>Any other Sup Forumstards feel like this?
Graduated engineer here. What annoys me the most is that ''science says bla bla'' is abused as fuck. I know many STEM students are atheists, but trust me that atheism has contributed in this bullshit. Normies will swallow ANYTHING if you put the modern version of ''Simon says'' in front of it, just like religious people used to do about God saying stuff.

It's dangerous.

Dear lord.

The left has a legit claim to be the party of science when the right is over there pretending like humans aren't affecting the climate, and pandering to a southern base that would rather see creationism taught in schools

The left has no claim to science when just about every single prediction from climate "scientists" has been wrong. Go review the scientific method before you comment dumbass

Love how they use this bill nye = science man thing when the dude only has a bachelor in engineering of all.

>the right is over there pretending like humans aren't affecting the climate
I'm ''right'' winger and never pretended that humans don't affect the planet, neither know a like-minded person who doesn't care about the earth. Also the Montreal protocol that saved ozone layer happened during Reagan, if that means anything to you.

Everything aside from Math/Physics/Informatics/Engineering

is not science. Even Business Admin/Econ is more of an art with at maximum HighSchool Math.

Social Sciences = No Science at all.

>every single prediction from climate "scientists" has been wrong

This is laughable, climate science prediction has been simply that humans have a significant negative effect on the climate and so far that has been shown to be true. Without reading any of their big words that might hurt your brain, just look at the number of species we have driven extinct, and the number of plants we have destroyed that would fuck up the balance of gases in the atmosphere. Its not that hard to understand

>just look at the number of species we have driven extinct
Is this what your science is like? ''Oh my poor animals that go extinct''? Please. Don't bring emotions into science talks.

Not all of the right follows the anti-science trend, you are correct. However the better indication of the right is what right-wingers do when put in positions of power. In every Republican administration in the last couple decades there has been a serious effort to fight the climate-saving movement. The recent EPA chair that Trump picked has gone on record denying climate change and has taken steps to destroy the EPA's ability to function and to protect the environment

>dismiss other viewpoints as "unscientific backwards bigots"
If your "other viewpoints" are irrational, then you deserve to be call out for it

>Any other Sup Forumstards feel like this?
Larper. A real scientist doesn't ask you how you "feel". He gathers the number of posts where these kinds of derisive comments are made, determines if the criticism i justified based on the evidence, determines by analysis who is making the criticisms and finally concludes with the breakdown of how many times the critic was correct.

You're not any kind of STEM worker, you're just a wanker. Stick with what you know best.

I think that other guy was just trying to say that some things are empirically true, that humans have a greater effect on the planet than any other species. I don't buy into the climate change hysteria bullshit, but I think it's a bad move economically to keep pushing off a problem then dealing with it later down the road when it's become out of hand

>In every Republican administration in the last couple decades there has been a serious effort to fight the climate-saving movement.
So you're saying the Reagan admin fought the Montreal Protocol I JUST told you about? You 'll have to sauce me on that.

Yes just ignore the rest of my post, great argument guy!

It is not emotional but rather a scientific fact that our destruction of the majority of species is something that would throw off the balance of the climate. It is not as significant as our mass killing of plants but you would rather ignore that point

It's true. At my school, we were doing integrals in 1st grade.

Good prep for college, sort of.

There's a wide spectrum from slow, to medium like 7th or 8th grade, to fast paced STEM intros.

The extinction of certain species of animals and plants has had no significant impact on climate. I was also talking about predictions involving CO2 levels and the effect it may or may not have on climate. Show me the proof cunt, the scientific method begins and ends with observations and if you can't predict natural phenomena with your hypothesis then it is shit and needs to be scrapped or modified.

>that humans have a greater effect on the planet than any other species
They absolutely do. But crying over extinct species is not science, it's emotional drivel and rhetoric. Like for instance this:

youtube.com/watch?v=JeSMPESpxdA

Im srry but most people on engineering campuses simply dont give a fuck about politics. At least not on a Sup Forums - /leftypol/ scale.

How can you find out if someone you know learned calculus earlier than most people?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

>Yes just ignore the rest of my post, great argument guy!
Like you completely ignored my comment about Reagan and still went on about republican administrations fighting climate-saving movements?

Stop projecting, guy.

I said last couple decades, Reagan was elected 36 years ago. I wasn't debating your point about the Montreal Protocol but rather pointing out that the right has taken significant steps to move away from helping the climate in the last 20 years or so. Look more at climate actions under W. Bush and Trump

read

1st grade? That's for retards you dumb shit. I was doing Fourier Analysis when I was in preschool. Must suck to be a dumb public school normie.

I don't give a shit about animals going extinct because it doesn't really affect society as a whole (with the exception of honeybees because of the impact on agriculture throughout the world). Global change includes a lot of other problems too, not just climate change

always, always remind them that nowhere in actual science there is any hint of "patriarchy", "white privilege", or that gender is a cultural construction.

>integrals first grade

Fuck off. You have around 2 languages at most up to highschool (except native ofc) and you learn derivatives but not primitives. Maybe at the end of highschool along with some programming but thats it. Also no algebra.

Are you telling me that you also learned rethoric? Because if so it means you are a rich prick who wears an uniform and your school is private. That or you are a gifted semi-autist, but since you shitpost on Sup Forums you dont really qualify for either.

Last couple of decades could be easily confused for 3 decades so you'll have to pardon me. Yes Trump doesn't really care much. Dubya I can't comment on. Yet lumping the entire 'right wing' as idgaf autists like you did in your comment, because of just 2 admins alone, seems a bit unfair.

Why are you so certain these observations have not been made?

Here are some sources:

downloads.globalchange.gov/usimpacts/pdfs/climate-impacts-report.pdf

climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

The natural phenomena you speak of have been predicted. It is rather easy to determine that if the Earth's climate was developing naturally, then the temperature of a certain ocean should be X and the temperature of the atmosphere should be Y. If we follow those projections for a few years and the results are significantly higher than expected than it is reasonable to conclude there is the relationship that was predicted.

>Bill Nye the Pseudoscience Guy has earned my eternal hatred.
That's seems pretty irrational. I have an MBA and I consider his brand model something to be admired.

I agree, but reading this made me a little happy dailycal.org/2017/09/17/stem-professors-will-conduct-class-free-speech-week-despite-faculty-boycott/

I won't disagree with your point, I'll just give you some food for thought however.
If we did not take the course that led us into affecting the earth's climate, we would not be able to predict that we affected it.

>natural phenomena have been predicted
Like how it was predicted that increased CO2 levels would increase frequency and magnitude of tornadoes and hurricanes, but the opposite happened right? The data is also fucked from many government resources.

science.house.gov/news/press-releases/former-noaa-scientist-confirms-colleagues-manipulated-climate-records

Climate predictions have been proven false almost every time these climate alarmists spew bullshit.

It is unfair. But unfortunately that is politics. It is similar to how the left is attacked for a vocal portion ranting about identity politics. Many on the left could not give less of a fuck about transgender issues or whatever. But those people have a platform and it gives the perception that the entire left embraces the issue, giving space for the right to attack them on it. Very similar to this climate discussion. Many on the right might totally embrace science and fighting climate change. However the ones who have been given a platform (officials in Trump and Dubya administrations) have taken steps to allow more pollution. So if the vocal part of your side has been embracing a position it is reasonable to ascribe it to that side.

>But unfortunately that is politics.
Do you consider it scientific from your part to lump science and politics?

But we also now have the ability to work toward lessening our influence over the climate

strawberry = 1

orange = 5

(1+1)*5^(3)-5-5-1=2*125-5-5-1=239 = pear

1/berry = 1-1 => berry = infinity (sign is arbitrary)

lemon = e (duh)

i'll use wolfram for the trig part, I know that's the tough part but w.e.

ah neat, eggplant = pi

e + pi = watermelon/berry

.... watermelon and berry are integers???? no, sum of two transcendental numbers will also be transcendental. so cannot be the ratio of two integers. good troll made me waste 3 mins of life

And we should. When it comes to the environment, I'm more of a treehugger than any of you despite my right wing views.

>increase frequency and magnitude of tornadoes and hurricanes,
I read many of the journal articles, and they specifically did NOT say an increase in frequency or storms, but rather an increase in storm duration. As far as magnitude goes, Cat 6 is a fabrication that only Sup Forums pushes.

actually nvm it's an unsolved problem. is pi + e rational or irrational? very likely it's irrational, but nobody's proven it yet.

Will never happen so long as the scientific community is so intertwined with universities, and universities are hell bent on pushing forward a political agenda.

Yep, unfortunately this.

This post clearly sums up why science is not that different from religion to a lay person. In both cases "practioners" are taking the "expert" at there word without requiring a thorough understanding of what is being presented to them; with no regard to the fact that the expert could be lying or *gasp* wrong.

I have been working with molecular genetics since 2005, it's fucking sickening to see them use science label to give credit to their agendas including but not limited to anti-gmo, "everyone is equal" evolution denial, "there is no race", fake-environmentalism, infinite genders and so on.

Not only that but labeling "studies" based on philosophical theories such as sociology, psychology and philosophy itself enter the same catogory, it's sickening...

But it was expected, science growing in acceptance and cristianity and it's variations losing power doesn't make people in general less stupid, most still need a set of predetermined ethical rules to follow, and the left knowing this started using marxism as a form of religion and now is adapting science to serve the same purpose.

As a reseacher saddens me to say but it was a big fucking mistake to trust majority people IQ to try to use science to awaken people so fast from the religion wich set of rules shaped western civilization. We need to act, and needs to be fast, or we will enter a dark age based on fake science...

> 1/0 = inf
WRONG.

Right wingers don't believe in environmental science.
Left wingers don't believe in biology
Centrist master race doesn't have any such impediments

Yeah.
I work in environmental sciences so I hear a lot of bullshit from assholes who think they are experts because they hold certain ideals.

I'm about to graduate with a degree in environmental science, do you have any advice finding jobs?

welcome to the last 20-30 years of "enlightened leftists" narrative

Extremely good post. Though I do wish schools started teaching functions and calculus a bit earlier.

Leftists confuse Marxist propaganda with science.
They can claim to be the party of science when they accept human biological diversity and realize that anthropogenic global warming is a fraud.

They will have to accept the existence of race first.

>the religion wich set of rules shaped western civilization
It was the rejection of divine rule and the chains of religion that allowed Western Civilization to flourish.

OP is an uneducated biggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=VtJFb_P2j48

>Right wingers don't believe in environmental science.
>Left wingers don't believe in biology
>Centrist master race doesn't have any such impediments

Science is not something you "believe in". If you generally accept the evidence and analysis of biology and hold its conclusions as "the facts as we know them so far", then you're making a rational acceptance, not a holding an irrational belief.

the same left who attack rationality and are slowly and without a trace of irony turning on materialism? There's jewish tricks at play here. I just don't have the words to explain it.

>If your "other viewpoints" are irrational, then you deserve to be call out for it
The point is that they usually aren't. Take the trivial example of stating that there are two genders only.

>Larper. A real scientist doesn't ask you how you "feel". He gathers the number of posts where these kinds of derisive comments are made, determines if the criticism i justified based on the evidence, determines by analysis who is making the criticisms and finally concludes with the breakdown of how many times the critic was correct.
>You're not any kind of STEM worker, you're just a wanker. Stick with what you know best.

Fancy way of saying nothing at all while desperately trying to appear as if you were making a valid point.
The absolute state of snowflakes.

everything about this image is one big fucking troll, even the first line alone makes no mathematical sense. Unless strawberry =0 but then orange = 0 but strawberry can not equal orange.

Man, I study geology. That is like mother of hated sciences by libtards. God bless us, for not being touched by leftist agenda....

>Take the trivial example of stating that there are two genders only.
That might be a mistake. In language we have masculine, feminine and neuter for genders, right? I count 3. There are should be 3 sexes as well, male female and hermaphrodite.