Tfw you finally "get" Char's Counterattack and realize that it is an underrated masterpiece of the Gundam franchise

>tfw you finally "get" Char's Counterattack and realize that it is an underrated masterpiece of the Gundam franchise
It makes sense if you ignore the trash heap known as Zeta Gundam

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DJM7l_Ifia8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're both fucking awful. Tomino can't direct for shit. Thank god for Yaz and Origin.

I am watching the original and its pretty good

>quess was a worthwhile addition to the seriese

>tfw you finally "get" Char's Counterattack

How stupid does one have to be to" finally" comprehend CCA?

>It makes sense if you ignore the trash heap known as Zeta Gundam

Zeta had nice visuals and mechanical designs thats about it but its a pretty easy show to fix.

char is literally space hitler.

I really loved the part were char is on the train and that lady passes him the flowers and they start playing the accordion and shit. It felt really "authentic" in a way that's hard to describe.

>Gundam
>masterpiece
Pick one.

>you finally "get" Char's Counterattack and realize that it is an underrated masterpiece of the Gundam franchise
good start
>It makes sense if you ignore the trash heap known as Zeta Gundam
bad finish
What exactly did you ""get"" about it?

>the best retro Gundam series
>trash

the original is hands down the best gundam, and amuro is the best gundam mc.

I like how he is conflicted, he does not want to do what he does but he knows it needs to be done. he would even go so far as to take out retreating mechs, only haphazardly justifying it to himself. some may even go so far as to say that amuro has sociopathic tendencies, but I think amuro was right in doing what he did.

youtube.com/watch?v=DJM7l_Ifia8

is my favorite scene in gundam scene.

Both Zeta and CCA are amazing.

ZZ on the other hand..

95% of Sup Forums hasn't even seen Zeta much less CCA.

I forgot the original gundam had this stuff in it too. Really great for an anime.

Thunderbolt was pretty excellent for feels as well.

Not like it's much of a loss.

I finished that a couple years ago. Gotta say, I loved it. I didn't think much of it at first, since it wasn't the first Gunsam series I watched, but then I kept watching, and it soon became my favorite

Sure, you're just missing out on a timeless classic and will forever be worse off for it.

That's fine. They aren't that interesting anyway.

What deeply concerns me is that many people may not have watched the original MSG because it has bad animation and is longer than the 1-cour seasonal shit weebs these days are accustomed to.

But I did watch them you dingus.

mmm I have yet to see thunderbolt, I guess I will now.

F91 is a masterpiece. It didn't need to be longer. I've seen enough 50 episode series to get the gist of things. The movie is all the good stuff with none of the boring stuff. Dope mecha battling each other, an attractive girl, HQ animation.

Just watch 0079 and forget the rest. It's garbage

Most Gundam OVA's are trash. Look at 0083 the mistakes that show commit are one of the dumbest ones I have ever seen,

-

Truly a masterpiece.

It's great, but there's no way it doesn't suffer from 50 episode stuffed into 2 hours. Especially with the character development.

>50 episode stuffed into 2 hours
It was only 13 episodes. 50 would've been completely impossible. Just look at ANT or the 0079 trilogy.

>Seabook's dad dies
>think to myself literally who before realizing it was supposed to be an important scene

>Tomino wanted 50, Sunrise wanted 13. Then someone said screw that and make a movie with whatever shit you have.

I just read that it was supposed to be a full length series, and 13 episodes sounds like an OVA.
50 would have been more appropriate in fleshing out the asshole-ish Federation, and the red head girl's relationship with her royal family, especially the mother. Maybe even adding connections to Victory.

Any Gundam OVA is better than the TV shows.

That's absolutely true. The series would've been excellent if it were full length, even if the animation wouldn't be up to par without the film medium. Only 13 episodes were written when it got turned into a film though.

Most of Gundam is shit anyway. Either because Tomino can't write humans or because whoever's writting it thinks they have to imitate Tomino's shit style and make the same stupid mistakes.

>because whoever's writting it thinks they have to imitate Tomino's shit style and make the same stupid mistakes
As it turns out, most of SEED's problems came from the changes that were made to the formula. The same goes for large portions of Wing and the entire second half of 00. There's also always the consistently abysmal UC OVAs, but that's another story.

You couldn't shitpost your way out of a paper bag

>Zeta
>trash
>na senpai

Some serious Gundam memeing going on today

>CCA an underrated masterpiece
CCA's Char's characterisation was terrible not to mention the existence of Quess and Hathaway and the introduction of a whole bunch of characters I didn't give a shit about. Zeta was so much fucking better.

The only "good" thing that has come out of Gundam is the Original and War in the Pocket. The rest is pretty lackluster. Its frustrating to see the wasted potential, but even so I find even the shittiest ones are comfortably bad.

Of course, rehashing is the biggest problem first and foremost, but that's not what a "style" is. No one ever tried to duplicate his storyboards, nor his dialogue and certainly not his disjointed direction. However, any of those things being shit is entirely subjective.

What most Gundam creators do is rehash the well-known parts and replace every ounce of actual substance with their own shit. This is basic understanding of Gundam, how could you not get this after watching even 3 series?

I wouldn't say Zeta's shit, but it's definetely the most over rated Gundam by a fucking mile and one of my least favourite of Universal Century.
What about 08th MS team user?

>0079, 0080, and 08th
kek

But seriously, the only especially good thing it has going for it is the battle with the Gouf. Aside from that, everything is very average. It's arguable that even 0083 has more than that. Compared to mainline, even ZZ, there's not much to talk about.

Also, my main problem with Zeta is that to me at least it felt like they were just dragging shit out. It was fine and dandy with just A.E.U.G and Titans but then "fuck you, Zeon's back" which was completely unneeded and it only really showed because Tomino wanted people to think Char had gotten past "Zabis are the worst fucking thing and dont deserve to live" by having his small moments with Haman about Mineva.
TL;DR Zeta would've been better if they only talked about Axis in ZZ

>tfw you finally "get" G No Reconguista and realize that it is an underrated masterpiece of the Gundam franchise

My reason for liking 08th MS team a lot is that I fucking loved the bro moments between Shiro and Sanders.

Except all of Char's motivation comes from the events of Zeta. He's wishy washy as fuck in MSG and Zeta. Not the kind of guy to drop asteroids on the heads of innocent people.

wing was just so busy making real characters on both sides and giving them motivations that it forgot to have a plot

The subtle things made the characters feel very natural. That in addition to all the maintenance were nice touches, too. It's unfortunate that the forced Romeo and Juliet shtick shat all over that part and also kept best girl from winning. Overall, these nice touches were criminally underdeveloped, which is sad.

ZZ > 0079 > V > Z

>ZZ better than 0079
swap those around and I agree 100%

>tfw madman'ed and started on unicorn
taskette Sup Forums

This. 0079, Zeta, and CCA are literal masterpieces. ZZ isn't even that bad to be honest.

Fucking lol at people who still couldn't interpret the usage of Quess and Hathaway correctly

If you want the best experience just watch the two trilogies of 0079 and Zeta, then Char's Counterattack. There's no reason to suffer through the entire 100+ episodes, unless you just really want that monster of the week experience.

Please don't troll.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYOND THE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

No really, the movies were better. If you're a hardcore Gundam fan with plenty of time on your hands, go watch the series, but otherwise, watch the movies.

I purposely avoid UC shit for most of my life, because my first Gundam was Gundam Wing, but several years back I sat my ass down and marathoned all of UC, it took me like a week or more; I can surely say I enjoyed the movies better than the show. The show did give a bit more background and explained a few things better obviously, but only a hardcore fan would care enough to brave the entire show for some tidbits.

It's better for tourists but if you actually reflect upon shows while you're watching them then the series are better. There's a lot of subtle character development that is not touched on in the movies you know, by virtue of the stories being crammed into a few hours.

I totally agree, I just think it's unreasonable to expect the average Sup Forums denizen to appreciate 0079 and Zeta in its entirety. They'd be more likely to drop it before the end than to watch it all the way through. At least with the movies they'd get the gist of it, and maybe go back and watch the show if they like it.

There's nothing wrong with 0079

>couldn't interpret the usage of Quess and Hathaway
Nice bait

That shit with Nina and Gato in the last episode still pisses me off. And then Kou just make up with her anyway.

>CCA's Char's characterisation was terrible
Char's characterization was literally the best in CCA out of every Gundam anything.

I can't really appreciate 8th ms team, what with how it tries to be the most realistic and then dumb shit like that scene and the norris fight happen. Animation is still great though.

A P S A L U S
P
S
A
L
U
S

>Zeta
>trash

Jesus fuck I can't handle that level of retardation all at once.

YOU BELONG TO ME