Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/a/thread/142086328/#142089524
youtube.com/watch?v=NO7GTDhRsXs
youtube.com/watch?v=BRQpnxreLa8
youtube.com/watch?v=pedbysDKUQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VVkzgjrZ2Sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shitty rock paper scissors.

It's okay if you really like Fate. But the combat isn't deep and it has a lot of missed potential.

Well yeah. I thought it was fun.

Ex-fatefag here.

The combat is literally rock paper scissors. It's pretty insulting to even call it an RPG considering just how much of an afterthought it seems like. The grinding inbetween boss fights is literally just "here are the same set of reskinned enemies that have general patterns on when they throw Rock/paper/scissors, better just memorize them". The story also isn't nearly good enough to make up for the gameplay to the point where I was feeling buyers remorse even back during the peak of my fatefaggotry.

It's pretty shit.

Shit I felt buyer's remorse and I pirated it.

The gameplay is super basic like everyone already said, and it's pretty hit and miss how you'll feel about it.

I thought it was fine personally if you get a bit immersed into it and just have some fun, but if you hold your games to a high standard you'll be disappointed.

Also I'm a huge faggot for archer so I picked female protag and him as my servant, that made my enjoyment of the game quite high.

If you hold games to a high standard you have not played anything in 10 years.

I was planning on it eventually

Was I the only one who enjoyed it?

It's mediocre as a game. Pretty much only good if you're a TMfag.
Cheat when you play. Just give whoever you choose their canon stats or whatever. Save yourself the grind because it is not worth your time.

Yeah, it's the beginning of Type-Moon milking the shit out of Fate

The cameos from Tsukihime and KnK characters was nice

Most of the complaining you see is about the gameplay. The writing and music are both very solid.

>oh look it's Sup Forums with the "everything is shit" meme

I think there is a difference between your definition of "high standards" and "better than rock paper scissors".

The writing is about as "solid" as the rest of TM. That is to say, not very. I'll give you that the OST was pretty good but you can just DL that on its own and save yourself the time.

The main reason to play Extra is so you can get to CCC, which is the best Fate/ thing ever made.

Shit gameplay, but really good characters
TAMAMO A BEST

I don't know what Sup Forums is memeing about, I just do the same thing with video games as I do with anime, watch/play as much as possible.
The state of anime in general is much better than video games.

>CCC
Never getting localized

I find that hard to believe unless they completely overhauled the gameplay.

Regardless, even if it's better I've long since grown jaded of Type moon's shit which would have been the primary motivation for playing it.

I'm gonna start this as soon as I finish Persona 3 (they seem very similar and both have mediocre combat). Anyways, how long is each 'route'? And are there substantial differences to the story/writing with each servant or is it fairly minor?

>CCC

Don't fucking rub it in

Yeah, its okay

No, most fatefaggots are poor and retarded (canĀ“t do emulation).

But I think is the best thing to come out of the fate franchise.

>life's not a piece of shit, when you look at it

but user, that's not really a meme

I don't know if I would say much better. Anime recently has been following a trend of getting inundated with shitty LN adaptations season after season.

Fairly minor
A best

The main plot is the same but each servant has their own story

>The writing is about as "solid" as the rest of TM. That is to say, not very.
I don't even know what point you're trying to make here, the writing is good, just as pretty much everything penned by Nasu himself.

The gameplay never gets good, but CCC has a really great script.

Why is it the best thing to come out of the franchise?

That is a pretty giant insult to persona 3. The worst thing about p3 was the lack of party control, which itself was fixed in the psp version. Other than that it's the same demonfusing/social links/persona switching fare that you expect from Atlus.

Extra is literally rock paper scissors with some super moves and with very minor stat distribution from level ups which honestly matters fuck all if you screw up the rock paper scissors part.

>the writing is good, just as pretty much everything penned by Nasu himself.

>TMfags actually believe this

Nasu learned from his mistakes in Tsukihime and FSN with Mahoyo and Fate/Extra

Casko was adorable.

>pretty much everything penned by Nasu

It's the same chuuni garbage he's always done and still does. And if you can read nip like your image might imply then you have even less reason to think he's good when you have pretty much every other VN at your fingertips.

After enduring the combat system I was left wishing for a VN approach. Same for their successful mobage. The gameplay is the weakest link. But it keeps selling like hotcakes so what do I know.

Every time. Try coming into a thread and formulating an actual, reasonable argument against Nasu's work and people might consider taking you seriously.
desustorage.org/a/thread/142086328/#142089524

>everything penned by Nasu is good
>he learned from his mistakes

That isn't me.

Game play wise it isn't winning any awards, personally I wish it played like Melty Blood. The game gives you the illusion of difficulty by telling you are on a time limit and free choice but everything is scripted and mandatory.

Character wise it is fun and everybody has bright personalities for the most part. Saber is interesting unlike her super serious counterpart in FS/N. Catser is CUTE and waifu material and Archer is well, Archer. The Aozaki sisters are in it together and they bicker with each other. The antagonist are either psychotic or chill. Sakura is way cuter than FS/N Sakura and a lot less gloomy

Story wise it is pretty straight forward. it is the Holy Grail War and you have to win or something. The War is more like a competition where there are multiple classes of servants competing for the goal. So you get to see other sabers fight your saber, archers fighting archers, etc.

CCC adds on to Extra by giving you more characters with the same old mechanics

>everyone who replies to me must be the same person

Have you ever even seen the TM fandom on Sup Forums? Everytime anyone brings up anything that notions that something by TM is bad it's immediately met with a dozen bait-edits and getting called a secondary, even in cases where the poster obviously has read the source material. It's easily among if not the most cancerous fan base on Sup Forums and you have some gall asking anyone else for "reasonable arguments" when you are hellbent on dismissing everything you don't want to hear

I hope we get an anime soon

youtube.com/watch?v=NO7GTDhRsXs
youtube.com/watch?v=BRQpnxreLa8
youtube.com/watch?v=pedbysDKUQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VVkzgjrZ2Sw

I'd say TM threads were at their best in 2011-2012

Andersen is the only good thing that came out of CCC.

They only announced two or so months ago. Have some patience.

P3's combat runs circles around Extra but pales in comparison to mainline SMT. It's also just really exhausting the way it's split up. Grind a dozen floors to get to the next terminal, fight the miniboss, repeat. Then once you can't go further, you've nothing left to do except work on social links. And you better hope the enemy doesn't get a lucky hit in and OHKO the protag or else you lose 40 minutes of progress.

>muh Naus

Fuck off faggiots.

>come into TM thread
>hey guys this is bad how can you like this here is why it sucks
>fuck off retard
>WORST FANBASE

o k

That's a weird way to spell GIl

Okay user, I trust you, I'll wait

Oh and I forgot, the core strategy is almost always to just nail everything with a weakness, then All out Attack; repeat as needed

Nigger, that's a Sup Forums thing. Sup Forums does it constantly

No, the bait edits were created as a response to hearing the same tired arguments about FSN every single thread, most of which are cleared up if you actually play the visual novel (like "Shirou has plot armor and never dies", for instance). The TM fanbase is cancerous, sure, but not nearly as cancerous as its hatebase.

Calm your projecting user, I didn't even mention being in a TM thread. That's just something you've gone and assumed. In fact, things would be better if you lot could actually contain yourselves to a single thread but with how much spillover there is into the rest of Sup Forums due to how the recent anime adaptations it's hardly just within your own cesspits of threads.

>The Fate fanbase is cancerous, sure, but not nearly as cancerous as its hatebase.

Fixed

This

Gil, BB, Karna, Andersen, and almost everything else are the only good things to come out of CCC

>come into TM thread
>hey guys Shirou seems like an idiot
>MIND OF STEEL
>MIND OF STEEL
>MIND OF STEEL
>WORST FANBASE

>No, the bait edits were created as a response to hearing the same tired arguments about FSN every single thread

You say that like it somehow extenuates them. Here's a fun fact, every single franchise has to deal with people making common arguments against it, but apparently as long as it's fate replying by shitposting meme edits is valid and constructive.

I doubt people will argue this much when Extra gets animated. There is very little to get serious about. Extra would probably be fun like Carnival Phantasm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You should have been there for the UBW threads and ANN's reviews that people kept posting over and over and over again

How long have you been around you think that's exclusive to the TM fanbase? You make a claim that has been debunked multiple times or can be clarified if you know more about the franchise and people will tell you to fuck off.

Who is going to win the Holy Waifu War?

>most of which are cleared up if you actually play the visual novel
There it is again. I don't know why it's so hard for fatefags to accept that people can read the VN and not like it. You all treat it as some kind of literary panacea and anyone who reads it will see the world as they do.

>fate/kids
lol

>Ex-fatefag
That sounds so fucking hilarious.

You're so insecure you stopped liking something because other people started to hate it, and now you proudly call yourself an "ex" expecting the approbation of a bunch of salty neckbeards.

Go on, enlighten me user, tell me of this other franchise that uses a thousand bait edits as their primary method of responding to criticism.

You are free to do that. What you can't do is read it and not understand it then come here screaming plothole and asking stupid shit.

Jeanne D'Arc Alter won already

Gil isn't originally from Extra and neither is Karna.

I don't like BB.

I miss the days when Fate threads were fun instead of this 'deep intellectual athiest' shit

Fucking CUTE, I want her and the other to be in Extra

No, but he is in CCC

Why is the bait edit intrinsically worse than the storm of smug anime faces you'll get for being a bellend? They are still calling you out on your shit.

If you don't like it try discussing subjects you actually know a shit about. If you've seen bait.jpeg enough to be mad at it you are at fault too.

That happens with any fandom here in Sup Forums though.

Anime, and thus more money for Chiwa Saito, when?

You sure love making assumptions user. It was simply the most shorthand way of saying that as someone who was the target audience for the game it fell flat and isn't worth the time.

How's P3 on PSP? The PS2 version is better but is it at least tolerable on portable?

Thanks for proving me right, buddy.

>You all treat it as some kind of literary panacea and anyone who reads it will see the world as they do.
See, this is what I mean. You say this in every thread.

I'll repost what another user said before:
>And somehow not shitting on Fate for the dumbest of reasons is an equivalent to consider it "the greatest piece of literature ever conceived", go figure.

Everything outside of tartarus is pre-rendered 2d
Female MC has new social links
Being able to control all party members is really great though

Fate/Last Encore TV anime in 2017 brothers

PSP takes out walking around in the field, cutscenes, and The Answer but lets you control the party.

Did they confirm yet if it's an adaptation of the game?

Nasu was given free reign to do whatever he wants

>this thing gets an adaptation
>meanwhile Hollow Ataraxia is still forgotten
I guess we can get another Carnival Phantasm...

>not Caster
>not Female MC

Hollow Ataraxia really wouldnt work as an anime.

She does things to my dick.

Hollow Ataraxia only has enough content for an OVA at best

Shaft told Nasu to do whatever he want and not to worry about money.

I'd take it.

Not a Fatefag but i played it, Caster was cute.

I really hope they find a way to involve the other playable servants and MC in Extra. Have Nasu write some anime original content to make it possible.

It could definitely work, they'd just need to really tighten the amount of loops and work out a good balance of SoL and Bazett plot stuff.

HA is my favorite so I want to at least see an attempt if nothing else.

Your repost is drawing a false equivalency.

The issue isn't simply people holding Nasu's writing in ridiculously high esteem. It's on how "read the VN" is used as a catch-all even in instances where it clearly doesn't apply.