They did.

>The Big 3
Sure
>Fairy Tales
Its pretty stupid sure
>SAO
yeah
>Haruhi
nah, I wouldnt say so. If anything the Moeblob movement really started thanks to Lucky Star
>Elfen Lied
Why? Because edgy?
>HoTD
Its just fanservice. It didnt exactly do anything to "ruin anime"
>Clannad
dont be stupid

One Piece is actually the best shonen ever.
>its popular so it must be bad
stay, salty pillow huggers

HxH exists

>Mad at One Piece's popularity
Salt salt salt :^)

pirating

Da Capo
Proove me wrong

HotD? Why? It's shit bit hardly relevant at all.

>What ruined the anime industry?
Your taste in anime. Your pic unrelated.

Why is Haruhi on your list, OP? Wtf

Shingeki no kyojin ruined everything.

More interesting question, which one of those is the worst?
My money's on Fairy Tail

Is popular bad? Things like Death note, samurai champloo, cowboy bebop and trigun are the most entry tier animes and are on par with the big 3 so why aren't they on that list?

I would say SAO or Naruto for the worst.

HOTD and One Piece

>no attack on titan
>clannad
wew lad

>shonens
If anything is one of the few things keeping it alive
>SAO
Not sure what to say here, probably.
>Haruhi
One of the first steps on making anime mainstream, not sure if that is bad or good.
>Elfen Lied
>HoTD
Because there are many shows like it right? Man, actually I would kill for another Elfen Lied.
>Clannad
Now you are just biased.

>one piece

calm down edgelord, one piece can't ruin the anime industry seeing how one piece IS the anime/mango industry

i'd say its a tie between bleach and naruto

If you're going to add long running shonen at least add Dragonball. It's what all of those came from.

HOTD

Americans.

Clannad, easy. At least with the battle shounens you can turn your brain off and have fun but Clannad is so offensively bad and poorly written it doesn't matter how you approach it.

ok, fine, have a (You)

Evangelion

Gintama exists though

Jojo exists

EL

battle shonen are fun to watch and, lets be honest, support the anime industry outside of normal cartoonshit. But bad shows with bad writing AND no fun? that's just shit

>big 3

Actually, I don't think so.

Lots of mangakas tryed to follow the success of the big 3, but most would either be irrelevant tier or get axed to be relevant, if we're talking about the ANIME industry, that is.

SAO is kinda the same, but with Light Novels, but it could take the blame for some part.

The rest comes from KyoAni.

tl;dr: kyoani and LNs

Moe isn't bad, it's just not something that can carry a show on its own. Compare, say, Azumanga Daioh and that new short about bread.

None of those shows "ruined the anime industry". SAO and Naruto may have made the anime fandom in the US worse than it already was, but that's it. HotD doesn't even belong on there as it was just a fanservice show that wasn't even that popular in Japan.

SAO or Elfen Lied. Objectively, HotD may be worse, but it never tried to be anything other than a fanservice show while those two took themselves fairly seriously.

What the fuck does ruining the industry even mean?

Anime was never good.

Stuff I don't like

You just say it every season about the most popular show

>Haruhi
>Clannad
>Not including Attack on Titan, No Game No Life, Steins;Gate, or Madoka.

what do you mean by ruined?sales?fans?story?

>no K-On
>no Evangelion

damn..hipster getting its way in Sup Forums

>High school of the dead.
Not even close, I mean it was bad but not "ruined anime" tier.

K-on saved anime

How new are you?

>HoTD
>Not having Ikki Tousen in it's place

>projecting hard

Lightnovel. the only lightnovel based anime that actually interesting in Konosuba, the other smells like neet otaku semen

These 4 shows ruined the anime industry:

>Love Live
The show is okay, but its retarded fans are what started making the idol shows being referred to as idolshit. It ruined the idol genre for everyone else.

>Fate Zero
Another case of the fanbase fucking it up. You even got little kids praising this anime like it were the best thing since sliced cheese and makes memes about DEEEEEEEN when they weren't here to talk about it. This franchise has been milked so dry to the bone with spinoff after spinoff and fans lap the shit up. Now those little kids have grown and every time you criticize their show, they'll come at you with deep philosophical tirades rationalizing an eroge.

>Bakemonogatari
This is the ultimate reddit anime. This is the epitome of "find the reason of living in mundane things" bullshit that they'll even rationalize why Bake's fanservice holds more meaning than your fanservice anime. And these redditors have spread over to different sites preaching their shit and now people got peer pressured in by these immature pricks who think being deep = only sign of quality, even if it were false depth. And Nisio Isin keeps churning out these gatari books that the fanbase takes as holy books when they refuse to see the simplest reason: cash sinks.

>Steins;Gate
Babby's first time travel anime. I don't have to tell you how overrated it is in anime circles, and its fans are from the same group as Monogatari's. Hugely overrated show, people tried to hype up Robotics;Notes but failed, is now a cult following that these nerds still push to be some mainstream hit.

Action shonen like Big 3 and FT never ruined anime, they're the reason why it lives in the first place. Shit like SAO has its place. Not quality, but is the 2ndary gateway for anime newbies that recently graduated from action shonen. Still makes a lot of money. Not even Haruhi with its godawful meme dance or Clannad with its overrated story.

No. It's the fanbases who give the anime industry a bad name.

The same thing that ruined animation most everywhere else, it's expensive and doesn't directly create profit. This makes it hard to get investors to back anything other than what is already desired and creates a echo chamber for ideas. Eventually the consumer base shrinks as there is less and less they haven't already seen and the creator's must cater to the fanatics left behind leading to more of the same.

>Claanad
>Elfen Lied
>Haruhi
Dude what

the idol genre was shit from the start

All of these are either anime that got people interested in "the industry" or defined it.
Please fuck off with your bait chart.

Fairy Tail is barely even relevant.

>These anime killed the industry because of retard fanbases in western forums
>Big 3-tier battle shounen doesn't count by the way because it's even more wide-reaching in it's effect
what?

>ultimate reddit anime

What did he meme by this?

Haruhi, cant stand the pompous bitch

Yeah, Minmay and Haruka were shit tier right? Fuck off.

>what?
Big 3 battle shonen doesn't ruin anime because they're staples and earn the bulk of the cash that sustains the industry. How about not being a retard?

I'm memeing you, redditor.

How about reading my post in full? How do retard fanbases in western forums affect anything in the industry? As opposed to Big 3 battle shonen that not only "sustain" the industry but play a prominent role in shaping it?

No, I've seen anons ranting 'reddit this' and 'reddit that' but since I have never been to reddit, I have no clue what they mean by that.

All I can draw is that they feel superior because they don't like something another website likes.

>How do retard fanbases in western forums affect anything in the industry?
Because they're the loudest voices in the western anime community? Come on don't be a retard.

And Big 3 battle shonen aren't anime that ruin the industry despite your ass disliking them. West or not they're making greenbacks and cool for ordinary people for liking it, while retards in reddit and tumblr are being outcast because of their behavior and it reflects on the already small western anime community. They try to "legitimize" themselves by frowning upon female fanservice but it's too late, they're retards.

>Now those little kids have grown and every time you criticize their show, they'll come at you with deep philosophical tirades rationalizing an eroge.
>And these redditors have spread over to different sites preaching their shit and now people got peer pressured in by these immature pricks who think being deep = only sign of quality
Were you cyber-bullied out of Gaia Online or something?

>All I can draw is that they feel superior because they don't like something another website likes.
More like the you're not a real anime fan if you don't like what we like and we have the like system to abuse so that you'll know.

You forgot Madoka.

>Were you cyber-bullied out of Gaia Online or something?
Nope but I see a lot of trash crossboarding here and reddit with the same kind of opinions, same kind of trash that they practice over there.

Back then, people on Sup Forums didn't flaunt their powerlevel. Now it's being proud of muh mature taste that I can flaunt to the outside world because I'm a model anime fan or some shit.

>Because they're the loudest voices in the western anime community?
no one gives a fuck about them though

Nope, money's the loudest voice in the anime community as a whole. You tell me which has a greater effect on the industry, a bunch of people shouting about anime online or what sells the most?

Did I even say anything about their quality? Point me to where I did.

>West or not they're making greenbacks and cool for ordinary people for liking it, while retards in reddit and tumblr are being outcast because of their behavior and it reflects on the already small western anime community.
and guess what material is the most popular? the shit you're saying isn't relevant

>no one gives a fuck about them though
That's what you think, but people sometimes take the "negative opinions are used as criticism to improve your work" too seriously.

Not anime, but look at Legend of Korra or Arrow. Both shit after they took notes from Tumblr. That's how influential the internet has become, ask the gaming industry and Sony's marketing department.

Agreed. I personally want more than just waifus dicking around. Maybe only one show that's waifus dicking around per season, but any more and I'm done.

So some sort of relatively original show that had a lot of hype, marketing, and money poured into it, but ended up being a critical and commercial flop? Is there anything like that?

Yeah, in the west.

The anime industry is from the east.

They don't give a fuck.

Okay I clearly see you're making the popular=shit equivalency rule here to which I say: no, it's not the case sometimes.

These retard fanbases online affect the anime industry because it's where most anime content are pirated on. Money runs the industry sure, but why do you think a lot of series is popular in the west?

Because of good ol' genuine transacted money? Fuck no, it's because of streaming sites and aggregate manga sites, all illegal. You pool these people into a big network like reddit or tumblr or gaia or naruto forums and they'll grow big enough to make facebook events and shit, where they can post to the anime official twitter or fb saying "your work is shit" or "I want more of this instead of this" etc.

And because of the public's increasing exposure to the internet, they'll have increasingly negative impressions of these autists who are proud wearing their Honk shirts to class.

When production in Garakuta house finalized season 1 of Magical Pokaan and decided to not make another season. THAT was the end of anime.

When was the last time anyone here actually watched anime? Mine was in 2009. I just come here to masturbate to the animated children and complain about the lack of Kemonomimi girls.

Wrong.

In today's increasingly globalized world, international opinions seem to matter more than before. If they didn't truly give a shit, Studio Ghibli wouldn't have a prestigious name, or Tite Kubo wouldn't give a shit about a foreign fan saying chapter 600 was good when it hadn't been published in Japan yet, setting off a chain reaction of shutting down manga sites.

I don't get what the hate on One Piece is about
It is a fun show that has good fights entertaining characters, and an interesting overarching story
Bleach I understand the edginess is annoying
Naruto was almost similar to one piece but became unbelievably shitty in Shitpuden
Why do people hate One Piece?
Why do people just hate the shonen genre in general?

Ghibli is global.

Kubo was because of a literal fraud.

For the overall anime industry, no fucks for the vocal community that hardly buys a kaychain

and despite everything you just said
stuff like Naruto, One Piece, and so on are not only the most popular in the west but what shapes what the industry is like too. If the industry is ruined you look to those titles. Stuff like Bakemonogatari and Love Live is comparitively small time.

No one's talking about hating it in particular

But Haruhi is Haruhi!

It doesn't matter how good or shit a work is.

What matters is that the fanbase online has an effect on the industry besides the return customer otakus that only speak up in 2ch, another online community.

How does any of that translate into something that means Steins;Gate of all things is killing the industry but Naruto isn't?

I love it (well, the manga) but I can think of plenty of reasons to dislike it.
>The artstyle is unusual (and poorly drawn in the anime)
>The arcs are formulaic
>Too long
>Pace problems
>Characters are generally static. If there's change, it's usually minor
>Nobody dies, besides those two guys.

>If the industry is ruined you look to those titles
You think people are creeped out by people who like the shounens? Nah, they creeped out by Livers and autists who preach their anime is besto with waifus and shit.

Naruto, despite all its influence in manga/anime piracy, manages to rein in positive revenue because of its fame, more or less. TV spots, movies, translated official manga, etc.

Meanwhile S;G has full of mouthbreathers in online communities that also have normies. Anime in the west is still considered children's shows for worse, which is why these people spouting Karl Marx in shows like S;G will just appear to normies like autism. They also act as elitists every so often, turning off potential anime hardcore fans whose gateway is shit like Naruto.

The anime medium is currently at its height.
All of those had predecessors that did exactly the same things they did, and they all changed nothing. Shows themselves never change much.
Haruhi and Clannad are great shows and if anything, did good things for the medium. But again, shows themselves do very little. Behind the scenes events, such as economic shifts, changes in worker's rights, advances in cintent distribution are the things that effect a medium on a whole.
Stop being such a faggot.

Evangelion, although unintentional.

>You think people are creeped out by people who like the shounens?
People are "creeped" out by anime fans in general, yes. Unless I'm forgetting how cool Naruto fans used to be before Love Live existed or something.

Anyone older than a teenager talking about anime period will appear as autists to normies.

The entire argument has is routed solely in his personal dislike of those fanbases. All comparitively niche fanbases compared to ones that actually effect the industry. If you were to say that pretty much everything had an effect on the industry then you'd have a point I guess, ruling out the Big 3-tier stuff is completely nonsensical though.

Its the fanbases that kill anime.
like some of the snk fandom is cancer

>X has an annoying fanbase in the small corner of the English-speaking internet that I frequent
>thus, X must be what ruined an entire industry in Japan

I'm creeped out.

Anime was "ruined" because of visual novel and light novel adaptations.
By the way, pick your favourite version of Kanon.

Anything GodAni touch becomes gold.

>it's popular so it must suck balls

gtfo you tumblr faggot, it's so fucking easy to recognize you

Why the fuck did anime suck so hard before 1996, and why are there so many God-tier waifus every single season nowadays?

Replace clannad with titan on attack.

>ruined the anime industry

What ruined anime?

The west discovered it.

In the east? Militant purityfags.
In the west? Steins;Gate + Madoka attracting the worst scum on the planet into the community.

How retard can you be? He's talking about the shit anime industry has become.
I like a few ones in OP's pic.

Kyoani/loli anime

Instead of asking that, you should care about what raise the industry

Anime has been "ruined' since basically forever.
Also i can't believe i'm in the same board with people that unironically hate moe/loli.

The rise of legal viewing services like cruncyroll and netflix. The growing trend of (re-)adapting older series like Yamato 2199, Jojo, HxH, Parasyte, Berserk.

The anime industry had to ever be good for that happen