Mattis hints at secret 'kinetic' military options for North Korea

Is this what he meant Sup Forums?

>The Pentagon’s New Super Weapon Is Basically A Weaponized Meteor Strike

>In the 1950s, Jerry Pournelle imagined the military equivalent of the extinction of the dinosaurs.

>Toiling away as a Boeing operations researcher in the afterglow of the Manhattan Project and the Soviet Union’s First Lightning nuclear test in 1949, the U.S. Army veteran envisioned a weapons system armed not with munitions and other chemical explosives, but massive rods forged from heavy metals dropped from sub-orbital heights. Those “tungsten thunderbolts,” as the New York Times called them, would impact enemy strongholds below with the devastating velocity of a dino-exterminating impact, obliterating highly fortified targets — like, say, Iranian centrifuges or North Korean bunkers — without the mess of nuclear fallout.

taskandpurpose.com/kinetic-bombardment-kep-weaponry/

I thought the Rod from God was just theoretical

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/iCAmH
aol.com/article/news/2017/09/19/mattis-hints-at-secret-kinetic-military-options-for-north-korea/23215203/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty
youtube.com/watch?v=jOKf5r_JMAo
archive.is/Y7987
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Mattis hints at secret 'kinetic'
When did Mattis say this?

I think he's referring to rail guns desu.

the rod and the ring will strike

oh fug, the prophecy is starting to scare me

archive.is/iCAmH

That archive looks all fucked up. Here is the original.
aol.com/article/news/2017/09/19/mattis-hints-at-secret-kinetic-military-options-for-north-korea/23215203/

>secret-kinetic-military-options

LOL

orbital fucking cannons
we anime nao?

This is not meteor strike device dumb fag

wtf are you talking about? That's not a kinetic weapon.

Stupid fuck

weaponizing space is a Big No No!
you signed up to not do that!

nigga, 'kinetic' means anything non-diplomatic. hitting someone with a bat is kinetic option. fucking call of duty generation

kinetic means a weapon with kinetic energy, directed energy weapons like lasers won't have that

remember your russian science class terms "kinetic energy" and "potential energy" ?

That must be why it's in quotes, because he meant it could be anything.

Go back into the bottle Ivan

signed up not to drop nukes or germs from space. We never promised to not accidentally drop massive tungsten rods from space.

Not this gi joe meme weapon again

i guess someone could argue that photos from a laser weapon have a minuscule amount of kinetic energy to impart, and there are lots of them...

but really it isn't imparting force with the laser that is the primary mechanism

photons*

You're taking it too literally and aren't familiar with the sanitized double speak within the military. Kinetic = force. It's like when they're talking about raiding a compound and say they "reduced" a threat, ie they shot a guy.

the rod(rods from god) will strike the ring(ring of fire) the end is night
witness

oh, ok

It only applies to WMD's

Remember the TianJin explosion Sup Forums?

So you think stupid fuck

Article IV
States Parties to the Treaty undertake not to place in orbit around the earth any objects carrying nuclear weapons or any other kinds of weapons of mass destruction, install such weapons on celestial bodies, or station such weapons in outer space in any other manner.

According to Jewpedia, the outer space treaty says nothing about telephone pole sized tungsten rods.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty

They're gonna launch rocks from the moon. At that distance hitting earth would be like multiple hydrogen bombs going off.

Isn't this sort of thing prohibited by treaties reagarding the militarization of space?

S K U L L J A C K E R

You can't militarize space, and most satelites nowadays are launched either via the private sector or the Baikonur cosmodrome
X

Oh shiiiiiiiiiit

It's not technically a WMD. It's just a metal rod that can fuck up a bunker.

a tungsten rod isn't a wmd. They are positioned in LEO as well.

>there's no military solution for NK
Bring on the sci-fi solution
>what do you mean, "fiction"?

incorrect. You can't put nukes or WMDs in space. There is nothing about god rods

so is there a giant spinning magnet in the center there pushing something steel down a tube?

>aol.com
wow who knew they still existed

It's not a weapon, It's just a rod of metal.

Didn't they do an analysis about terminal velocity and how big the round had to be to drop? It was insanely big if I remember.

what would it cost to launch a telephone pole made out of tungsten into space? aside from the fact they would have to design a new ship to carry it.

A telephone pole sized Tungsten rod traveling at terminal velocity is going to fuck some shit up.

No.

Besides what are you chimps going to do about it? You barely have a military.

don't blame me, when china/Russia start to weaponize space also

>implying they haven't

the weapon releases 20 of them at one forming a massive ring of destruction

detonating fatass's own nuclear weapons before launch would accomplish a lot of strategic goals

you think america gives 2 shits about such laws lol?

Except it's not a meme. They developed this shit in the 1980s, look up Brilliant Pebbles.

Hollywood just is soft disclosure for shit like always.

If such capabilities exist it would definitely be amazing to see in action. Basically if any norkie aggression happened the entire border could be bombarded nearly simultaneously and there'd be no obvious signs of what was coming.

Not calling these WMD seems like a technicality, the destruction would be immense.

a rod and ring will strike

Because you're fucking dumb. A leaf made that shit up and admitted to it. Prophecies are all made-up horseshit. Kys.

Ivan you are correct bunch of COD fags being ignorant in this thread.

Tungsten rod satellite are for dumb asses .. real warmongering pedofiend faggot use "slingatron" you retarded space /x/ faggots

Wrong faggot, you cant nuclearize space.

yes, by mass the energy released is about 10 times more than a similar amount of tnt

which isn't much if you consider you have to send it up into space

Is that like when you spin your arm round and round before throwing a ball?

And if Norks have armed one sub...

The Oracle of Delphi was just a drugged up little girl, still changed the world.

Sometimes divinity works through retards and outcasts. Pic related

You mean like the thing Cobra Commander used to destroy London in GI Joe Retaliation?

youtube.com/watch?v=jOKf5r_JMAo

It is a meme you know we can see every man launched Satellite in orbit right. You can't something like that from the world retard.

is there any ring shapes installations in iran or nk? centrefuges or test sites that are specifically ring shaped? govt buildings in a O shape? that would be spoopy

rip quebec,tabanac merdes

b-but Brexit!

It's exactly like that

at a high enough orbit it would out perform nukes of the same mass.

Canadian civil war when?

Canadian civil war when

You a fucking genius bravo twink

Yes.

>I know exactly what a god rod satellite would look like goy... I mean guize

Our space shuttle dropped off a few.
I'm sure SpaceX has already sent some classified payloads up.
It's the same size/shape as a large satellite payload.

Oh shit, I find this hard to believe. The bongs couldn't even fucking cross the sea to wage war. And the leafs would just have Quebec instantly surrender. But the leafs wouldn't kill the bongs because then they would win. So they don't fight, but the bongs are incompetent, and would bow down and give blowjobs to the leaf muslims and minorities. What a crazy war. Obviously America annex's both nations and takes their oil in the end.

How the fuck do you aim that?

>admitted to it.

IIRC this entire treaty started with Soviets testing R-36orb or something

Wrong. Go kick it on some real space forums. Anyone that actually satellite watches and follows space programs can tell you they are not up there. Sorry to ruin your circlejerk user.

>what would it cost to launch a telephone pole made out of tungsten into space?
Based on the density of tungsten and size estimate, and $/pound of space launch, around $20 million per rod.

A rod would be pretty easy to send up covertly.

Cool.

I've got my popcorn ready.

It would be a waste of time and effort to build something like that as an artillery piece. Probably used for launching materials into space
this
its going to be on a boat

Don't mind us, guys. Just a research vehicle orbiting the earth for years at a time. It's for science. No we can't tell you what we, the United States air force is researching.

>Not calling these WMD seems like a technicality

Like the kind of TECHNICALITY the jew lawyers regularly use to get around this shit?

It's called pilpul

>New

That shit's like 30 years old.

You should see the real new shit.

yes

But dinosaur extinction by meteor wasn't a certainty until the 80's, right? When they found the crater? How could he infer that the dinosaurs were killed by something falling from space if we weren't even sure if it wasn't diseases or just the ice age proper that did it?

wew lad
what did kek mean by this?

Totally.

There's no way they used a satellite as a facade for a weapons platform.

archive.is/Y7987

L-like what Senpai?

I'm sort of fond of living.

So I think I want to keep doing that, sorry.

Only covers chemical, biological, and conventional arms like nukes and high explosives. There's a loop hole for kenetic weapons like these rods or even rerouting meteors and the like. Space can still be 'legally' weaponized because at the time of that treaty they couldn't imagine the technology required for unconventional arms.

2033 is where it ends. You have 16 years.

If you invade yourself, you win.

No you can't just send up a massive satellite up like that covertly. All space launches are watched around the world. There are forums of dedicates space nreds tracking all satellites. There is more than enough open source information to know what each satellite does and then there is the engineering and physics rules that would make identifying such a weapon very easy. OP just does not know that kinetic is diplo-speak for military/war.

They like to use old shit that's around their expiration date, like that MOBA that they used on sand dunes in afghanistan.

>I thought the Rod from God was just theoretical
It's not just theoretical. The question has always been: "Has any government done this yet?"