Masayuki Nakano, bassist for the band Boom Boom Satellites...

>Masayuki Nakano, bassist for the band Boom Boom Satellites, announced on the band's official website on Tuesday that the band's "Lay Your Hands On Me" EP release will be their last work, as vocalist/guitarist Michiyuki Kawashima (top in image right) is suffering from partial paralysis as an after-effect of his fourth brain tumor relapse.

>The group has created music for anime projects such as Appleseed and Vexille - 2077 Isolation of Japan. They also performed theme songs for Xam'd: Lost Memories, Mobile Suit Gundam UC, Ninja Slayer From Animation, and contributed to Guilty Crown. Their latest and last song "Lay Your Hands On Me" debuted as the opening theme song of Studio Trigger's currently airing Kiznaiver television anime.

What a shame

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-01/boom-boom-satellites-latest-release-will-be-band-last-work/.102710
youtube.com/watch?v=3PJxzxP3_RY
youtu.be/K75srEFkvdk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9apMtHhFrE
youtube.com/watch?v=-OpQVGICr1c
youtube.com/watch?v=BqhaAMHXU8E
youtu.be/0gBijJsBwpE
youtube.com/watch?v=S035R-WmDWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-01/boom-boom-satellites-latest-release-will-be-band-last-work/.102710

Fuck. I don't even know who they are, but that's rough.

> Nakano commented on the announcement:

>We've finished the "Lay Your Hands On Me" EP, and it's set for release on June 22. The EP has four tracks, amounting to about 22 minutes in total. Festivities and endings, silence, and then a new beginning: it's as if we put the band's entire history perfectly in those 22 minutes. Everyone who's heard it have all done us the honor of calling it an "album." In truth, Kawashima had really wanted to do an album. I feel like I want to tell him, "We've finally done that 10th album." Nothing could be more appropriate to close out our band's history.

>This will be the last work for Boom Boom Satellites, due to Michiyuki Kawashima's paralysis due to the after-effects of the brain tumor. Kawashima's finished his duties as a musician, and is spending every day with his family. He can still speak, although slowly. His arm and leg movement is impaired, and he spends more and more time on a wheelchair. It's hard for him to communicate exactly what he means, so I spend a lot of time every day thinking about what he could be thinking. It would be impossible even for me to understand fully. But I think he feels a great sense of fulfillment and accomplishment in finishing this. Even I can see it. I want to tell him that he did a great job.

>There's only a little while before the 20th anniversary of our major debut, and before the end of my journey with Michiyuki Kawashima. I've witnessed plenty while I was together with him. Looking back on it, nothing was easy. We've had to punch, kick, struggle, and sprint our way here. But when I look back, we can be proud of all of it, and even now those wonderful memories shine.

>Only a little more until the finish line. I'm looking forward to everyone being able to listen to this track on June 21.

For fuck's sake. One of the best japanese bands. Fuck this shit, that's too sad.

They did some genuienly fun songs but god damn the Kiznaiver OP is literally Take On Me. Not just using the overused pop punk chord progression but not even using it in a personal way.

>fourth brain tumor relapse
>FOURTH FUCKING RELAPSE
Fuck that shit. No one deserves getting cancer five times.

I'm sad now.

Damn
At least their last work went towards a contender for AOTS

WHY

Oh man for real? I've been a fan ever since I heard Shut Up and Explode during Xam'd's op. What a shame.

say it ain't so

>after-effect of his fourth brain tumor relapse
>fourth
Holy shit.

i will not go

Who fucking cares? We're not on the ANN forums or some shit, you don't have to pretend to care.

Fuck this world, have a ninja slayer for condolences.

Just go back to posting keit-ai and shitposting in your generals buddy, no one is forcing you to post in this thread.

Found the retard.

Don't worry user, your time will come soon.

What a shame.

>When you realised that Tomino & Miyazaki are still alive and living healthily.

Have some Back in Black
youtube.com/watch?v=3PJxzxP3_RY

>The Pillows will stop making music in your lifetime.
SHIT
FUCKING
SUCKS
AND I'LL NEVER FUCKING SEE THEM LIVE EITHER.
FUCK.

they just did a new album

My love is a heartbreaker

>Fourth brain tumor relapse.

Having a brain tumor is almost like a death sentence and to think that he could escape it five times.
Still, great work there.

Stroll and Roll right? Yeah I've listened to some of it and it's jammin. They're in they're fucking 50's though I don't see them doing it for much longer.
>Still no translations for any of the songs.

>tfw Lay Your Hands on Me is really about the fear and numbness of paralysis

>not caring about BOOM BOOM fucking SATELLITES
get out of my sw/a/mp

The OP for Kiznaiver is probably one of my favorite ever. Sucks that it's their last track, but at least they went out with a good one.

Fuck.

>In truth, Kawashima had really wanted to do an album. I feel like I want to tell him, "We've finally done that 10th album." Nothing could be more appropriate to close out our band's history.
>This will be the last work for Boom Boom Satellites, due to Michiyuki Kawashima's paralysis due to the after-effects of the brain tumor. Kawashima's finished his duties as a musician, and is spending every day with his family. He can still speak, although slowly. His arm and leg movement is impaired, and he spends more and more time on a wheelchair. It's hard for him to communicate exactly what he means, so I spend a lot of time every day thinking about what he could be thinking. It would be impossible even for me to understand fully. But I think he feels a great sense of fulfillment and accomplishment in finishing this. Even I can see it. I want to tell him that he did a great job.
I'm legit heartbroken.
God damn it.

>suffering from partial paralysis as an after-effect of his fourth brain tumor relapse
I blame Mari Okada.

youtu.be/K75srEFkvdk

Fucking newshit.
Haven't you watched Durarara or Xam'd at least?

I'll miss them so bad

And here I was happy that they began doing OP's for anime more often. Fucking hell, it hurts.
I loved their OPs they were different from the usual generic claris shit.

speaking of ninja slayer, the TV version (that just staples two episodes together) has new EDs but nobody wants to upload em

Working for Trigger confirmed for giving tumors.

Nope.

Then go do that you uncultured swine

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9apMtHhFrE

I liked Baccano but hated Eureka 7. Do I have to watch Xam'd?

All you've got is to be free
You can fade on me now
You can fade on me now
All you've got is to be free
Bury me where I fall
Deep into the ground ;_;

God damn, that sucks.
Also, to still be alive after four tumors and release a single on top of that, he's a real fighter.

>All Alone,
>I walk away,
>Like everyday,
>Somewhere out there.
>In my brain, I'm searching for the reason why I lose my mind.
>In my brain I'm searching for the reason why I lose my mind.
;_;

Oh shit

What the fuck

Why does Sup Forums only empathize with Japanese people working in the anime industry? You wouldn't give a shit about this guy if he weren't involved in making anime songs.
Fake empathy is fucking disgusting.

>Kiznaiver was so bad that it gave them brain cancer
Holy fuck.
SAYONARA ;_;

>Why does Sup Forums only empathize with Japanese people working in the anime industry?
>Why anime board cares about anime?

Stop being autistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=-OpQVGICr1c
I hope this answers your question.

You are fucking retarded.

Always loved their songs. Sad news.

>fourth brain tumor relapse
Jesus Christ, what a sturdy fucking bastard.

youtube.com/watch?v=BqhaAMHXU8E

>Fought through four tumors
What a hero. These guys were the real deal live too, I really don't want to let go.
;_;

Why do you only empathize with your family members? You wouldn't give a shit if some random hobo across the street died.

Same fucking logic. If they're somehow involved with you obviously you would mourn their deaths.

Bands that stop because a member cant go on make me really sad.
They were really good.

Still my fav of them.
youtu.be/0gBijJsBwpE

Oh man.

Well, at least he is still alive, right?

>his fourth brain tumor relapse.
Jesus how unlucky do you have to be.

>>The group has created music for anime projects such as Appleseed and Vexille - 2077 Isolation of Japan. They also performed theme songs for Xam'd: Lost Memories, Mobile Suit Gundam UC, Ninja Slayer From Animation, and contributed to Guilty Crown. Their latest and last song "Lay Your Hands On Me" debuted as the opening theme song of Studio Trigger's currently airing Kiznaiver television anime.

Why "All in a day" they did for Durarara is never mentioned?

>Just a bit more until the finish line.

Abayo! Fly-Bye!

>There will NEVER be another Boom Boom Satellites OP in your lifetime
Why is this shit allowed?

>fourth brain tumor relapse.
>He can still speak, although slowly. His arm and leg movement is impaired, and he spends more and more time on a wheelchair. It's hard for him to communicate exactly what he means, so I spend a lot of time every day thinking about what he could be thinking. It would be impossible even for me to understand fully. But I think he feels a great sense of fulfillment and accomplishment in finishing this. Even I can see it. I want to tell him that he did a great job.
>Just a bit more until the finish line.
Damn.

Tomino still chain smokes. How he hasn't died yet is proof he kills his characters as substitutes for his own mortality.

Not really a fan of them but it's still sad to see them go. Their Kiznaiver OP was pretty good.

And your existence is fuck off.

My heart is already fragile, user. You didn't have to type that.

Poor thing. Human beings sure are fragile creatures.

sucks and all, but every time I see how boring Japanese people talk, I get distracted

Lay Your Hands On Me suddenly carries a lot more weight. Damn.

>why do you empathize with people who are related to your interests
Oh my, I have no fucking idea.

i hate this world :(

Why do bad things always happen to good people?

>You wouldn't give a shit about this guy if he weren't involved in making anime songs.
>implying I'm not a fan of their work

You're retarded.

Jesus christ that sent chills running down my spine.

Has the ost for the endings been released yet on any site?

Yes, like last year.

Wow where have I been all this time? Thanks.

They had a really good run. Hopefully Kawashima can now rest.

>Waaaah, why do you care guys?. Boom Boom Satellites only makes anime songs!

Yeah, you're retarded.

;_;7

>comes Sup Forums
>why Sup Forums only cares about Sup Forums related stuff?
comedy is the last thing i expect from you

I guess he couldn't RUN AWAY from the illnesses, huh.

Fuck you Carlos

Fuck. Why is this happening?

>Why does Sup Forums only empathize the anime industry

Sorry

Carlos, that's rather tasteless.

Laughter is a way of coping etc.

Meanwhile, this cunt is still fine and dandy.

Why, God?

>hated Eureka 7
How is this possible

>I fade away to ease the pain
>I sway in the wind, Dissolve in tears
>I sail away, end all my dreams
Fuck ;_;

I think you should SHUT UP AND EXPLODE

At least they'll go out with OP OTS.
youtube.com/watch?v=S035R-WmDWA

Sayonara.

that's looped tv version though