Why is one considered well written and the other considered badly written?

Why is one considered well written and the other considered badly written?

Because one is a comedy and the other isn't.

Close, one is an intentional comedy and the other unintentional (though the imagery of Onii-chan descending like an angel almost makes me want to doubt this).

Tatsuya is a great character faggot. Read the novel. No one ever said that Sakamoto is well written.

Because normal Japanese call this guy in mind when they hear Sakamoto desuga.

Sakamoto doesn't take itself seriously.
Chronicles of Tatsuya-onii-sama does.

Because the bottom one takes itself seriously. I'll never understand why there's some people that can't see that. Is it due to them being unintelligent or a simple lack of experience?

It's Onii-sama for you, you fuck.

My deepest apologies, I hope Onii-sama (PBUH) can forgive me.

Which one ?
None of your pics are well written, both of them are comedy.

>Read the novel

>top is Jesus christ superstar
>bottom is just Jesus

Both are similar with different twist.

Sakamoto is for all intents Droopy Poodle. The premise of the show is people, generally assholes, trying to be dicks and comedy is derived from their plans being foiled either by circumstance, their own hubris or their intended target being a a step ahead

I enjoy Onii-sama's antics as much as the next guy, but come on now.

>ironic shitposting still counts as shitposting
>but being an ironic gary stu story magically gives you a pass

>>but being an ironic gary stu story magically gives you a pass

Yes?

Weirdly Sakamoto comes off as more arrogant. The weirder thing is I didn't get that impression of him when I first read the Aanga, it's just something about how he's despicted in the Anime.

>Weirdly Sakamoto comes off as more arrogant
So I'm not the only one

kek

It's not that he's arrogant, but that he doesn't give a fuck.
He doesn't feel the need to help every little faggot unless it directly interferes with him being fabulous.

He helped fatass out pretty spontaneously, multiple times

No you DIDNT just compare these two. Are you fucking retarded?

The first time he walked away on him being beat up.
After which they became what you would call friends so it's only natural he would help his fat ass then.

he drove him to stand up for himself. It's one thing to shoo a bully away but they're just gonna come back until farry learned to fight back.

fucking sister fucking fucktard

This is as amusing as it is disturbing

Please be bait. You're not THAT stupid right?

Neither are well written. Fuck off retard.

Sakamoto is forced hype that failed. No need to talk about it.

Proof that people here don't know what it means when they say a show is 'well written'.

it's either a joke or you have a shit taste

Parody v. Nip power fantasy where onii-sama has to be the best at everything while nuking chinks and having his imouto suck his D non-stop. Sakamoto has no forced incest.

Is Sakamoto some writer's view of themself or more what they wanted to be like in high school?
Like they wanted to imagine themselves as being cool and reacting like that in certain ways. That would explain a lot of things he does.

>mahouka
>not a comedy
It's 10x funnier than sakamoto user.

I though sakamoto being so stylish was part of the joke.

He's unrealistic and those dumb adventures are lame but cool to watch.

Little lessons here and there.

This nigga makes shooing a bee look like entertaining.

You guys look into it too much

A thousand times this.

There are actually intrinsic differences between Tats and Sakamoto.

One does things to impress his onee-san, the other does things to impress everyone.

One is impartial to NOTHING, the other is impartial to only things he finds interesting.

One is on a fucking mission, and is in multiple wars, and it's widly known that you become desensitized to death, blood, gore, etc etc - after enough time spent in a warzone - the other is a post-pubescent "cool" highschooler who stylizes everything.

One (tats) has emerging emotions and feelings throughout, by tries to learn to get closer to people through mutual understanding (read the novel), the other (moto) has emerging emotions AGAINST people throughout, and tries his hardest to steer clear of drama.

I mean, they both seemingly have unlimited skill set in a limited world, they're both shown to have very good reaction speeds, and can make the best out of any bad situation.

The difference between their creativity is, if they both met and had a confrontation, tats (jesus-kun) would win, however, sakamoto would lose stylishly, and embarrass tats in the process.

I would assume its an exaggeration of that "cool kid" in school.

Beautifully worded, but you're a fucking autist, holy christ. Only an autist would take time out of their day to compare and contrast things at that level.

(PBUTA)

Your post reminds me of the CCC-fag. Are you him?

Really? I got the impression that Sakamoto is ridiculously humble from the anime.

>doesn't know the difference between comedy and parody

Post Onii-sama webms

Fucking autist I swear

Negative. And even if I was, I surely wouldn't expose myself here and now.

>by
Meant to type and, not by.

Peace be upon the autist?

Post likeable gary stus.

>if they both met and had a confrontation, tats (jesus-kun) would win, however, sakamoto would lose stylishly, and embarrass tats in the process.
Sums it up pretty well.

I actually laughed, hard. It's been years since I've laughed at anything on Sup Forums.

>One (tats) has emerging emotions and feelings throughout, by tries to learn to get closer to people through mutual understanding (read the novel), the other (moto) has emerging emotions AGAINST people throughout, and tries his hardest to steer clear of drama.

This is so fucking true. Whenever drama does unfold, they both have different ideological methods. One helps people directly, the other helps people help THEMSELVES.

I remember that faggot. He's been around so fucking long.

Didn't he used to use a different trip though? Something stupid and fancy looking?

This, but fortunately Onii-sama's show ends up being an unintentional comedy and thus watchable.

I miss livewatching pic related, it was hilarious.

When mentioning Tatsuya, remember to throw salt over your left shoulder and pray to the west for a S2. Jesus-kun will return and preform the sasuga keikaku to lift us all up into the 2D heavens.

The Gary Stu power hour was just next level

Yeah but Mahouka Rettousei had the better threads of the two. They were full of actually funny Sup Forums only jokes and cancerous, yet, hilarious shitposting, GET's attempts, and JESUS-KUN references.

We haven't had an anime, no, a thread like that since maybe...Overlord? That's about as close as it gets.

Mayoiga has similar threads, or at least it HAD similar threads until the show turned out to be a boring non-hilarious disappointment.

>until the show turned out to be a boring non-hilarious disappointment.
I don't know what people were honestly expecting. Mayoiga hasn't really dipped in quality, other than failing to kill off characters quickly enough.

>other than failing to kill off characters
Which is the problem. People expected another another but instead we got too much talking and almost no deaths.

Average Japanese males

THIS. This was the goddamn opus of all tatsuya threads.

Goddamn those were glorious threads. I laughed even just reminiscing about it for fuck sakes.

One is a fun comedy show while the other is typical borefest fantasy anime #23217

Your reply seems very forced

>forced hype that failed.
That's Kiznaiver.

Sakamoto was being hyped up by fans, which is the opposite of 'forced hype'. Meanwhile, Trigger released a huge promo episode 0 for Kiznaiver proclaiming it to be the next Kill la Kill and it turned out to be a boring ill-conceived character-based drama with some incredibly unlikeable characters.

nice

>Goddamn those were glorious threads. I laughed even just reminiscing about it for fuck sakes.
The threads were better than the series desu.

t. retard with ADHD who can't watch anything without action

>retard with ADHD who can't watch anything without action
You couldn't have failed harder. Flying Witch is one of my favourites this season.

Well, your post was written like you were angry it wasn't like KlK, and it was a character drama rather than an over the top action show. So sorry for the misunderstanding

>your post was written like you were angry it wasn't like KlK, and it was a character drama rather than an over the top action show
In my defence, it was literally being hyped as the next KlK by the studio that made it.

Having said that, it's still not even a good drama series. It has the potential to finish strongly, but I'm starting to doubt it'll even manage to do that. There's a serious chance it'll have a 'friendship ending' and I can only hope it doesn't for the sake of everyone else still watching.

One has sexy jazz, the other doesn't.

One is in a "i'm doing it ironically so it's funny xD" show and the other one is taking itself incredibly seriously. Tatsuya wins hands down.

>One is in a "i'm doing it ironically so it's funny xD" show and the other one is taking itself incredibly seriously, but people are "taking it ironically so it's funny xD" .
Ftfy

Is there any other way to take Mahouka? That doesn't end in brain damage

Think of it as a strange power fantasy. Tatsuya is very much alike a "I'm not a mary sue because I can't sew or cook well" in a situation where domestic skills have no relevance. Despite there being a theme about underdogs, Tatsuya is far from an underdog. The writer apparently doesn't like characters starting weak & developing stronger thus he spawned Tastuya in as an already endgame level character. His starting character is already at max level. Think of it as a D&D game gone wrong with the DM bringing his edgy younger brother in & wanking said brother's character.

>starting character is already at max level
Best type of MC

I'd say is the same as "taking it ironically so it's funny xD", but somehow it seems a different kind of trainwreck that way

It's a trainwreck nonetheless. You know how Mahouka portrays China? A Chinese man would be offended, exactly why there's a bit of a following for Mahouka in China. They treat Mahouka the same way someone'd treat The Room, My Immortal, Dark Yagami, etc. Don't take it seriously, just laugh at the ridiculousness. How else will we get enjoyment?

I know very well that, I read till that flashback volume where he nukes the chinese again, except it was chronologically the first time before bt took it down. I was literally fueled by rage and now I have less patience for bad writing due to that

>One does things to impress his onee-san
Protip: Onee-san means older sister, not simply sister. Now in fairness, I have not seen the series or read the LNs, but I was under the impression he had an imouto, not an onee-san. Though if he also has an onee-san, I withdraw my lesson in Nipponese.

I like some of the characters in Kiznaiver but come on lets be honest, it's shit.

Not to say Sakamoto isn't shit either, it could have been so much more.

Gary Stu characters are enjoyable if done correctly and don't they come off as a fucking asshole.

Tatsuya does it right, He knows how fucking powerful he is but he doesn't flash it about he's calm and keeps himself to himself.

Easy.

One is made my a teenager who writes "Light Novels"

The other is a respected grown man who writes Manga.

>Tatsuya does it right
He does the underdog theme of the series wrong. He's disowned for not used "proper" magic but his other abilities are so overpowered, it's irrelevant. This is like being unable to run at a 100m dash but given a vehicle to use as compensation.

Sakamoto is that weird guy who is so 200% into something that this normal something turns fucking awesome, it's the intrusion of the overly epic in a normal setting.

Tatsuya is the most epic character -by a couple of miles- in a show with epic dimensions and where being more epic than the next guy is not only good, but the goal. He is so much better than everyone else without even freaking trying that it becomes hilarious.

So one is hilarious because he singlehandedly brings epic in his setting, the other is hilarious because he is so ridiculously better than everyone else.

So yeah, what everyone has been saying in this thread, pretty much.

Is Kenshiro a good character?

>weird guy who is so 200% into something that this normal something turns fucking awesome
Reminds me of when I read through Medaka Box.

He does it wrong, or rather, the author does it wrong when he has every other character sucking his dick and puts everything he can think of as part of his backstory. Also, there is being calm and there is having the personality of a brick. Him being slighty better than the usual MC only speaks about how shitty they are

Mahouka would be more funny without that garbage sister.

Sakamoto is garbage and not in the same tier as cromartie

Isn't Mahouka's author an old guy?

This is the only stu done right.

>Kazuma
>stu
I know you are too young to know what the term means but still

>implying

Stu's don't get killed off by mento's