Any engineerfags capable of proving the validity of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j0adSLdS8M4
youtu.be/9OhBZZHejOE?t=1275
youtube.com/watch?v=KPkS-HC4ats
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's normal.
All electrical energy is generated in generators.
Coal is still one of the big sources of electrical energy.

What's there to prove? If that plastic/glass can create enough pressure to spin the turbine in that generator fast enough to create power for that rice cooker, then it works.

It couldn't

The concept is sound but you'll need a lot more than that tiny steam pressure to run a generator.

I say possible.

The water vaporizes and, due to air pressure, escapes through the hose. It travels down the hose into a generator, where, as it enters, it spins a magnet, thereby inducing an electric current in a circuit inside the generator that flows outside the generator into the rice cooker.

It's possible but the loss of energy through the conversion process there requires a fuckton of steam. We basically do this already anyways , but the difference is economy of scale makes it not retarded.

Vast amounts of hot steam would be pouring out of that turbine.

What if the turbine is airtight?

Then the steam would have nowhere to go, and therefore wouldn't come pushing into the turbine.
The turbine wouldn't work.

Enough steam would make the turbine explode and kill everyone in a glorious hail of shrapnel.

>Any engineerfags capable of proving the validity of this?
The concept? Of course it works retard.

Your picture related? So fucking wrong. The turbine isn't sealed or even rotating and the hot steam isn't going any fucking where.

See the blades? ON THE FUCKING OUTSIDE

It'd explode.

More likely the tube would rip.
Weakest link and all that.

The moving blades can only be seen by non-virgins.

TENNIS MOTHERFUCKER

Tennis what?

TENNIS

Motherfucker.

Couldn't it be some kind of thermoelectric generator? With those blades functioning as cooling surface?

I'm not an expert thou. But ya' never know what crazy high-tech their science club may have invented.

then the lid would pop off the boiler, the steam wouldnt even put up much of an effort going through the turbine

source: im an expert on thermo-electric dynamics in an autistic 2d spaceman simulator

Why don't they cook the rice in the water being heated by the fire? Am I missing something?

They play Tennis, they're weird like that.

that's the joke, the more important question is what sort of energy is the turbine supposed to absorb

>Questioning the Teekyu

I had a dream of a Tatami Galaxy and Teekyu colab with the characters talking so fast I ended up being ejected from my dream due to my brain failing to keep up

nigga you don't need an engineer for this one

Well it just depends on what's going on in the middle link. (I'm going off an anime still)

I would imagine what says is on the right track, in that maybe it's just some form of cooling foils (that probably wouldn't work) and then there is a spinning generator inside.

Theoretically, it would work but realistically it probably wouldn't. This is exactly how generators work, but the implementation here isn't gonna work.

I wouldn't expect the water vapor to remain at the temperature all the way through the generator, and would probably phase shift back into water before it got there. And even if it did, I don't think the wood would provide the energy necessary to power a small appliance.

tl;dr plausible, but unlikely.

Still though, stuff like this is pretty cool because you realize that simply generating electricity isn't all that complicated, it's using it, storing it, and all that jazz that makes it complicated.

The principle is the same as a coal power plant; the design is inefficient to the point of nonfunctionality realistically.

But can you disprove making it work by believing it works!

Taku you're drunk go back to the container.

I'd be able to see it then.

the generator seems to lack a case, and the spinning parts shouldn't be on ground like that

That's just what a delusional liar without evidences would say!
/x/ told me this would happen!
This goddamn trainwreck of an anime is a goldmine for screencaps

Why not just boil rice with a lid in a container over the hot coals?

youtube.com/watch?v=j0adSLdS8M4
because you're super special

>constantly boiling water for rice

Nope, Teekyu covered all the flaws with their plan.

Sounds like fucking dark magic to me, execute this satanist.

Missing condenser and pump. It's not gonna work.

I bet that's the joke, but she could be cooking the rice with the coal set up.

Both can be inside the generator.

Not with the tools that are depicted in the screenshot.

Is possible, they have the concept right, but to move the turbine you need high pressure steam, which is not in this case.

Japs cook their rice with steam, is not boiled, that's the why of the stickiness of the rice.

Nope. Water has to be condensed then fed to the boiler again. Check out Rankine cycle

It's a shame because I really liked the VN

It just werks .

Rice gets cooked either way

You'd get more heat from a sweating human body than from that.

Do you know how many watts it takes to heat something?
There is no way you would be able to generate enough power to heat anything with that shoddy setup.

Yeah, the problem is that turbine lacks a housing, and you're missing a condenser-pump loop and an electrical generator.
She could still use that tubing she has to pipe the steam from the tank into the rice cooker, which would be a lot more efficent.

i think most of the people ITT should go sniff an exaust pipe, you know, for science

I heard you can substitute gasoline with water.
Your engine might fart a little but thats okay

Isn't it bad to put sugar into an engine?

See attached video. It's crazy what sorts of things are possible with the right fuel.
youtu.be/9OhBZZHejOE?t=1275

>Getting drunk with cola
It's bullshit.

white sugar is actually an excellent fuel as far as burning goes, but cola contains a lot more than sugar which I'd think would cause problems, but it'd run mixed into the gasoline (and amurrican cola is full of corn syrup which wouldnt solidify like the myth anyways)
the soda might get past the fuel filter unlike the commonly thought of white sugar though, which is stopped in its tracks right there and does not dissolve into gasoline

could clog the filter if you put in enough but you might as well just put gravel in the guys tank if you're gonna do that, though something like a couple of handfuls of rice could probably do it since they'll readily soak up about any liquid.

maybe styrofoam packing peanuts rammed down with a stick if you really want to make it into a deathtrap, the styrofoam will, unlike sugar, dissolve into gasoline.

cute anime girls get drunk on a lot of silly things like chocolate

>japanese youth so incompetent at cooking they can't make rice without a rice cooker

WATER

But sometimes people pee in it you little slut.

People like Marimo or Yuri?

I'd gladly drink a TQ's pee.

I've only ever had rice through the boil water -> simmer and that stuff is fine.

Is rice cooker rice that much better?

It's fine.

Please disregard the retardedness of OP's pic.

Can't the electrical generator be a part of the turbine assembly instead of being a stand-alone unit?

Would a condenser pump really be necessary? Is it not possible to incorporate some passive drainage system (buoyant steam vs. non-buoyant liquid), or make the rotor small enough so as not to allow the steam to condense before leaving the system?

>Is rice cooker rice that much better?
Hell no. Especially if you want to put stuff in the rice.

>Nobody has edited the show into a movie despite having so many episodes.

Each season equates to what, around 25-30 minutes? Are you woman enough to sit through 3 hours straight of Teekyuu?

I lived in Japan for about a year. At first, when I told people that I didn't have a rice cooker, they were really baffled. Not having a rice cooker in Japan is like not having a casserole (I guess that would be a cooking pot to Americans, I'm not a cooking utensil terminology expert) in the west.

It would be more accurate to say it's like not having a frying pan in america

That's how we get most of our energy. It's the modern version of the steam machine.
Nuclear plants, coal burning, oil burning, etc. all boil water so to speak and we feed it to some huge af and incredibly efficient and complicated turbines. They move and we get electricity.

I think it tastes the same, it just depends on what you put in it.
I got one myself because they are super convenient and I have the stove even more free (mine's very small).
I always add a bit of salt, so it's less sticky than the way they serve it imo, and adds flavour.

But you can put stuff in the rice, nothing changes besides the fact that it's more convenient.

I'll never get rice cookers. If you throw the correct amount of water and rice into a pot, bring it to a boil and turn it town to a simmer for 12-20 minutes(depending on the type of rice) without touching it you will end up with perfectly cooked rice with no water left.

For some reason, it annoys me more that the rotor has compressor blades.
It's supposed to be a steam turbine, not a gas turbine. I guess my autism is on overload in this one.

You can put stuff into a rice cooker. Horrible, horrible stuff...

youtube.com/watch?v=KPkS-HC4ats

Because:
It's throw water and rice in, turn on, wait until it's ready, it's ready and it puts itself into keep warm but not cook, serve and keep rice you aren't eating warm.
You don't need to pay attention to the boiling point, you don't need to check when it's done and turn it off, it stays warm and doesn't overcook.

Making rice is super easy, but it can be even easier. Plus you get to have the pan free for other shit to cook.

So its just a laziness factor then.

Removing the possibility of fucking up isn't laziness, It's quality control.

Laziness, quality, practicality, practicality, practicality, comfort.

>compressor blades
Might be just a low pressure stage. There are actual designs like that to counter the side force. Still needs the casing of course.

yes it is, get one you faggot it saves time, no burnt rice every fucking grain is perfect, you just dump rice and water and eave it alone, it turns itself off when your fucking rice is perfect
>current year
>no rice cooker
the fucks wrong with you?

How easy are they to clean?

Literally just run water in it and shake and shove your hand a bit.
It's coated in something or the material is something I don't know but it won't stick, and if it does it's as easy as just rubbing your hand over it.

I'm tempted.

You never eat just rice. There's always something else you're cooking to go along with it. With that in mind, setting the rice in a dedicated appliance allows you to free up the rest of your kitchen. Meanwhile, you can ignore the rice and pay more attention to the more difficult work. There's real value in it.

There's no art or value in spending time on cooking plain white rice.
Using a rice cooker is like using a toaster to make toast instead of holding the bread over an open flame.

>ignore the rice and pay more attention to the more difficult work.
Nigga it isn't a steak you don't have to watch the rice if you use a regular pot.

Shut up sperglord. Do you also think a blender or food processor is some extravagance.

Yes, just like not walking everywhere is laziness.

No because I got the blender/food processor/coffee grinder combo unlike you guys who need an electric tea kettle to boiler water for their instant ramen.

Any engineerfags capable of proving the validity of this as well?

IT'S FUCKING MAGIC

>look up ricecooker reviews because of this thread
>find some magic underpriced $35 cooker that beats out $450 japanese ones in a review

For $35 I might as well just order it.

This stupid thread is making me hungry.

Turbines are thermodynamic engines, therefore their power output is proportional to the difference between the inlet temp and the outlet temp. The steam expands through the turbine, pushing on the blades and cooling down adiabatically, until the temperature and pressure equalize with the atmosphere. If you have a perpetual source of feedwater and you're not concerned about calcification, you can simply let the water flow in and dump the steam to the environment (this is what old-fashioned steam trains did). In that case, the atmospheric water cycle serves as the pump and condenser.

Why is everybody on Sup Forums a STEM faggot, a super hacker and with a Ph.D in maths with a 300K starting job? I thought you guys were supposed to be NEETs?

Not everyone has the luxury of being a neet.
Not every country has commie laws and support.
Or rich parents.
So what else to do but do what you are good at?
STEM doesn't require heavy interaction with other people, it's not flashy like being a designer or stuck up lawyer, it's not suffocating like being a doctor, and there are no girls to be afraid of because if there are, they are stem girls (ugly, or plain, with the rare stem queen).

You are mistaking the anonymous subset of anonymous posters that understand a particular thing for the larger set of anonymous posters that occupy Sup Forums.