STATE SHUTS DOMAIN REGISTRY: SPAIN vs. .CAT

>The offices of the .cat registry were raided by Spanish police this morning.

>The Guardia Civil officers entered the .cat registry’s offices around 9am local time this morning and have seized all computers in the domain registry’s offices in downtown Barcelona.

>The move comes a couple of days after a Spanish court ordered the domain registry to take down all .cat domain names being used by the upcoming Catalan referendum.

>The .cat domain registry currently has over 100 thousand active domain names and in light of the actions taken by the Spanish government it’s unclear how the registry will continue to operate if their offices are effectively shutdown by the Spanish authorities. The seizure won’t impact live domain names or general day to day operations by registrars, as the registry backend is run by CORE and leverages global DNS infrastructure. However it is deeply worrying that the Spanish government’s actions would spill over onto an entire namespace.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyan.cat/
unvis.it/rt.com/news/403631-catalan-president-gives-referendum-instructions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thanks, obama

don't worry

nyan.cat/

is still up

So what's the significance of this? Are all .cat sites pulled offline? This is a weird and random issue

Spain acting like the banana republic we all knew it was. Nothing new over here.

It's not.

Spanish state are pulling the domains they see as pertaining to the Catalan referendum, this probably includes a lot of Catalan regional government sites working on getting the voting slips out etc.
To get onto .cat you normally have to fulfil certain conditions

>In order to be granted a .cat domain, one needs to belong to the Catalan linguistic and cultural community on the Internet. A person, organization or company is considered to belong if they either:

>already have content in Catalan published online.
>have access to a special code (sometimes called ENS), issued during special promotions or by agreements with certain institutions.
develop activities (in any language) to promote the Catalan culture and language.
>are endorsed by 3 people or 1 institution already using a .cat domain name.

What this means for international law is hazy at the moment as one could argue this is internal civil internet policing. Which sounds pretty bad and it's leading up a dangerous path for internet freedom.

Neccessity is the mother of invention though, Catalan are big on cryptography
>The president tweeted how to proxy view the referendum instructions
unvis.it/rt.com/news/403631-catalan-president-gives-referendum-instructions/

IT WAS JUST THERE!

*rubs hands*

>This is a weird and random issue
.cat isn't for Cats, it's for Catalonians.

Catalonia is dead serious about seceding and the Spanish government is arresting everyone involved in their leadership.

>You don't get to waste taxpayer money on your personal bullshit
>Muh opression muh Franquists!

Don't worry Jordi. We want you gone asap too so you can destroy your ''''country'''' in peace by yourselves

You're just mad you won't be able to steal OUR taxpayer money anymore.

You always say you want us gone but then do everything possible to keep us around.

w/o https.

Fuck lol, didn't even notice.

Catalan @ exile here.
What a long day.

Spain is reaching levels of butthurt previously thought unattainable!

Yep. Get ready for the biggest happening of our lives in 10 days.

Not of my life; This is just one topic of many.
But it should be the biggest for Catalonia, one way or another. 1640, 1714, 1934 and here we are again.

Who thinks civil war is going to break out over this, if the spanish government is going to keep trying and block it, and the catalonians are going to try and hold the referendum anyway?

I would totally fight for Catalonia if a war ever breaks out desu. Anything to further weaken the EU.

There can be no civil war when Catalonia doesn't even have a militia, don't worry about that.
The worst I do expect is suppression of the autonomy and display of power, which already kinda happened today anyway. Maybe some military will show up to make things scarier.
Whatever it takes for PP to delay the issue. Problem is there's a limit to what they can do in the present world. They can't pull the sort of shit they did in Franco times.
There's only one way this will ever be solved. Today will not be forgotten, nor forgiven. It's too late.

>wooow we're violating the laws and constitution and police are after us now WOOOOOOW we dindu nuffin

iros a tomar por culo.

Well, I can imagine big-scale rioting, maybe terrorist seperatist movements coming onto action again, that kind of stuff.

make your own country. with blackjack, and hookers

White pussy needs bbc ,

Well.
2nd of October, should the referendum not have happened, the syndicates are ready to convoke general strike.
The Catalan People are not a tool that exists only to obediently pay taxes. Remember 1714. We won't give up.

>remember 1714
>the only people who remember 1714 died over 200 years ago

Fair point.

take 'em, US will run out of blacks before we run out of whites, or don't they teach niggers arithmetic in schools

Well, what will happen in that case?

The unknown. Hopefully some sense from somewhere.

I doubt it, to be fair. I can see terrorist attack from seperatist movements starting, which will only work towards a civil war.

We didn't with Franco, and we're not about to set up a terrorist organization.

Only a small number of people need to set up such organization. Lot's of people will continue to support independence though, and will have a hard time to disavow terrorists when the central government keeps oppressing them

There's no organization that I am aware of which could go that way. Organizations that do exist are set on keeping things non-violent, and are doing a great job of it.
Of course, anything can happen, but I personally find it the most unlikely outcome.

Well, I do hope you're right. I can't see this situation de-escalate though. If the referendum is forcibly blocked by the central government, I can't see people will think: "Meh, whatever". I would suppose they would be completely outraged, as they are already.

If the referendum does happen, there are two options. Yes, or no.
I however think that the fact that the Spanish government is already trying to surpress it will only help the "yes" campaign, and I think it's very unlikely they vote "no".

If they vote yes, they have a very good argument to be independent, and I also can't really imagine them not begin outraged if the central government just responds with: "tough luck, its against the constitution".

wtf I love catalan independence now.

so what makes a true catalan?

anons saying catalan was flooded with nigs and white spics. are you really still catalonian or is it just larp?

does the basque still have guns? they will probably help out. what is catalans opinion on joining the eu?

What do you work as in Ireland?

>wahhh why isn't spain giving up their clay for no reason

What does it mean when they erase a country from the internet? Has this happened before?
breddy cyberpunk user

>I can't see this situation de-escalate though.
I believe this is a good example of "Things need to get worse before they can get better."
>If the referendum is forcibly blocked by the central government,
It'd be the most shameful spot in the history of Spain. It'd be really hard to surpass.
Just picture it. Guardia Civil and/or the military occupying electoral colleges all over catalonia.
>if they vote yes
I'm confident there's no shortage of support to independence in Catalonia, not after the events of the day that just ended. The alternative is already dead.
>If they vote yes, they have a very good argument to be independent,
If yes wins, it's done. There's no undoing the vote once it has happened. It'd be best if the results were clear, but this is guaranteed by now. So it's just an issue of voting.
>I also can't really imagine them not begin outraged if the central government just responds with: "tough luck, its against the constitution".
The Government of Catalonia, if there's anything left of it that can act that is, will declare independence within 48h of a yes result. Otherwise, it'll call elections.
Sysadmin/SRE/DevOps, whatever word you like the most.
>does the basque still have guns? they will probably help out.
I doubt ETA will reactivate. What we've seen today, however, is profound condemn to Spanish govt's actions from the Basque. Which hold the key for the approval of Spanish budgets, and have stated in this quite long day that they're not afraid of playing that card.
>what is catalans opinion on joining the eu?
We love the EU, that's a fact. But I have no clue why, so I'm not the best person to ask.

Well, that means independence, or big-scale supression is inevitable?

Paella Jews shutting it down!

Only part of us love the EU, there's a considerabe eurosceptic part of the population specially in the rural areas which the EU tends to attack with regulations.

>big-scale supression
Meanwhile, the rest of the world (and Spain is a member of EU and NATO, among others) just tolerates everything.
DESU, it's a scenario I contemplate. The world just doesn't give a fuck.
How would such a thing end? Catalan people just suddenly give up? Glad to be part of Spain now? How long would the insanity last?
Dark times.

Yeah, it scares me as well. I live in the Netherlands, and I'm not sure I support catalan independence, but I think it's ridiculous that a regio which clearly have independence ambition it being violently surpressed.

Death to Catalan!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I thought Spanish were supposed to be white?

Why are they acting like all the shit-tier mestizo/indio banana republics they gave their language to?

>which clearly have independence ambition
Clearly indeed. According to Spanish govt and media with affinity to it, it's a very loud minority. They're still like that :X

The fact they're trying to surpress it proves to me that it's more than just a "very loud minority"

Why are Europeans so cucked?

When does a nation ever just allow a section of it to just leave without a war?

If Catalans want to be independent, they are gonna need to fight for it, and you EU fags better stay the fuck out of it with your crying about human rights and just let it play out.

I just said I do not support the Spanish Solution, so to speak. I would support catalonia declaring independence if it comes to a war.

LOL AT THESE CATA FUCKS THINKING THEY CAN BREAK FREE OF GOVERNMENT
THE WORLD BELONGS TO ITS GOVERNMENTS
AIN'T NO GETTING AWAY FROM THAT
OH, YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR GOVERNMENT?
TOO BAD
YOU BELONG TO SPAIN AND IF YOU GOTAPROBLEM WITH THAT WE'LL LITERALLY MURK YOU
SHUTUP SIT DOWN AND BE GOOD BOYS

>We love the EU, that's a fact. But I have no clue why, so I'm not the best person to ask.

this seems really dumb though

its like scotland; wanting to leave the UK but intending to rejoin the bloc to suck the EU cock even harder. scotland would have way less bargaining power outside of the UK, just like catalonia will have outside of Spain.

if you want independence then actually BECOME INDEPENDENT

>why do spanish colonies act like spain niggers?

SPANIARDS! ANSWER ME THIS!

WILL CATALONIAN INDEPENDENCE KEK THE EU IN ANY WAY WHAT SO EVER? WILL YOU BE AUTO JOINED TO THE EU? I DONT THINK SO?

WILL IT IMPACT ON THE EUS COFFERS?

Oh yeah I've seen a lot of statistics about immigration.

These are the statistics

have more reasons to hate that faggot and his supporters ever single day

Pro-independence here. No, we will automatically be out of the UE as confirmed by official sources. If we wanted to get in (which as far as I know we do), we would need to follow the formal procedure and get approval from all members, including Spain. So yeah, we realize we won't get in and we're ok with that for now as long as we get out of Spain.

As for the effect on EU, I guess it would be minimal economically, but I'm not an expert. Also, other regions might make similar claims. That's why all other governments have maintained the same stance ("It's an internal affair") up until word of repression started circulating around this morning.

Oh no we won't get in the EU how terrible oh the humanity.

>Spain won't allow you in the EU
This can only be a good thing. If leftist cucks ever managed to take over Catalonia's government, they wouldn't be able to get Catalonia in the EU anyways. That's a win for you.

BASED Spain shows only way to deal with extremists and terrorists..

Spain in general is full of goddamn moors

Yeah no, leftist cucks are already in the government with a popular support that would be the envy of any politician. The national right wing parties in Catalonia are just there because of old people who still watch TV.

Catalonia is a powerhouse just like Madrid. An independent Catalonia will leave Madrid to deal with deficitary communities while still making pacts for trade and tourism with Europe. In a few years I bet the EU would accept Catalonia and tell Spain to STFU.

Victory to Catalonia!

Love from Scotland

*muffled 'Over the hills and far away' in the distance*

LONG LIVE CATALUNYA
WE ARE WITH YOU!

Which is it, spain, going fascist and subjugating catalonia or letting yourself get invaded by moros?
Jesus fuck

>An estimated 40,000 people blocked the entrance to the Catalan economy ministry late into the night.

Initial clashes that caused the Ukrainian revolution were 50,000. Not far off.

If the Spanish police keep pushing we might see some shit go down.

Expect millions in the demonstrations to follow.
Like the recurrent 11th September demonstrations, except as things get more serious, attendance will pick up.

well there's a demonstration planned for tomorrow, let's see what happens.

Fuck this

>Matis
>Get the nukes

When did this crackdown start? I heard about it this morning but I haven't been able to read up on it and won't have much time to be able to for the next couple of days.

around 8AM local timeI think

Who are these catalan faggots and why are they causing problems?

What happend? Any reason as to why they now decided to crack down on them?

Refugee welcome types

dailystormer.cat