Romantic 'Comedy' series

A lot anime comedy seems to revolve around a girl abusing the male MC. Usually hitting in the head or in the stomach.

But how does Sup Forums feel about full penetration?

If the man can take it all's fine

You know, I genuinely wish a cute girl would hit and verbally abuse me.

Not even kidding

>full penetration
It's only good when she does it with a dildo and sticks it up his ass while he's tied to a bed.

if you want comedy go watch nichibros

fucking retard

You're probably a troll but that scene isn't due to her being a tsundere nor is it supposed to make you laugh.

Reminder that Mirai had no idea Akihito was immortal

For all she knew, he was just a regular human

And she fucking stabbed him through the chest for reasons so trivial I don't even remember

Did you watch the show, even?

yes? She fucking stabbed him in the first episode with zero knowledge he was immortal

Did you watch episode 10, even?

Yeah, I watched the entire series (+second movie) but it was ages ago

what happened? I don't remember

He told her that he loves glasses.

Izumi recruited Mirai to kill Akihito. She tells her he is believed to be immortal, so they are using her cursed blood as a last resource to try to kill him.

So, let's take a look at what you said earlier.

>Reminder that Mirai had no idea Akihito was immortal
She knew, Izumi told her.

>For all she knew, he was just a regular human
No, she was told he was a half-youmu, which is why she is trying to kill him.

>And she fucking stabbed him through the chest for reasons so trivial I don't even remember
Izumi, the person that saved Mirai from being killed by Sakura's mom, sent her to kill him, but she made Mirai believe Akihito was just a monter that had to be exterminated. Call it extortion or call it debt, it wasn't a trivial reason.

>Sakura's mom
Sakura's parents, rather.

well maybe she's not such a giant bitch after all

I just remember the first episode where it seemed like she didn't know he was immortal but still stabbed him

Rewatch it, then. It's honestly a great series if you realize that it's primarily a romance, and that literally every major plotpoint is written to develop their relationship. If you pay attention, you can see how they slowly start to relate to each other and start caring for one another. People judge its writing as if it were supposed to be an action show with a big bad boss fight and shit, but in reality all that action stuff is just a setting for the real story, which is Mirai and Akihito relating to each others' curses and how they grow from it. Mirai, being self-loathing as she is, sacrifices herself so she can free Akihito of his curse and let him live a normal, happy life. Akihito, as being selfless as he is, didn't care about having a normal life, he just wanted to have someone who understood him by his side, so he sacrificed his normal life to save Mirai and let them have a happy ending.

All the glasses fetish stuff is just a facade, their romance is much deeper than that.

bump because every fucking time I write a post explaining why KnK is underrated, everyone ignores me and the thread fucking dies

I never saw this show before so i got a little interested and saw the first episode, and well.

>Hey don't kill yourself
>Get stabbed in the freaking chest
>Dude's immortal or something
>Girl continues to try and stab him despite the fact that he's clearly not malicious, and told her he feels pain
>Breaking school property while in chase
>Ops, there's some huge spirit shit but the girl is shitting herself when it's supposed to be her job
>He buys her food and pays for her dinner despite her trying to kill him all this time
>"Oh man, maybe she loves me!"
>"I wish you would die"
>"I'm afraid of taking lives"
>MC acts like the stabbing is a minor inconvenience, despite the supposed "excruciating pain"

I'm sorry, what part of getting stabbed in the chest do you simply gloss over by acting like you're only minorly pissed off at the person? The interactions are so fucking surreal despite it trying to transmite the idea that they're supposed to act like normal people.

Am i getting into a hot mess? Cause so far it all feels retarded.

I'd let megane Yui pierce me any day.

Keep watching. And stop doing what you're doing. And by "what you're doing" I mean "judging a show early before giving them the chance to explain what's going on". Also, if you read the thread, you'll know that they explain it in episode 10.

Pay attention and don't ignore foreshadowing and hints. Also, like I already said, the show is a romance and every major plotpoint is written to aid that romance.

>Girl continues to try and stab him despite the fact that he's clearly not malicious, and told her he feels pain
Kinda for comedic relief but still makes sense in context.

>Breaking school property while in chase
They said that there are people whose job is cleaning shit up when Youmu fights make a mess.

>Ops, there's some huge spirit shit but the girl is shitting herself when it's supposed to be her job
This is explained.

>He buys her food and pays for her dinner despite her trying to kill him all this time
Akihito is selfless and kinda just wants friends.

>"I wish you would die"
>"I'm afraid of taking lives"
These aren't mutually exclusive and she has a reason for both.

>Kinda for comedic relief but still makes sense in context

I don't really get the supposed comedic effect but oh well, i'll watch some more and see if it all makes sense. Only 12 episodes so it's not like it'll be that long when i got the time for it.

Also the
>"I wish you would die"
Was referring to bully girl suddenly saying that to MC after telling him not to get involved with Mirai.

>Also the
>>"I wish you would die"
>Was referring to bully girl suddenly saying that to MC after telling him not to get involved with Mirai.
Oh, yeah. Still, that's partly because she is a bully and partly because she does have a reason to want him dead, and she has no reason to hide it.
Here's it:
She has to watch over him because he can go berserk under certain circumstances. If he just died, she'd be free of that task.

Anyway, just keep watching, at the very least you'll get to see the awesome animation.

I forgot to mention, the show is VERY "show, don't tell", especially in the foreshadowing to the ending, and also in the romance development. They make heavy use of subtle facial expressions to have you guess what the characters are thinking, which is why the romance plot isn't so apparent.

I'm having a hard time getting used to how everyone interacts. Episode 2 so far, and i just saw MC's mom, which i'm now wondering if she is aware her son gets stabbed in the chest daily. Or why she exposes her crazy fetish to the world.

Also, comedy is not this show's forte huh? It feels so forced it's almost cringeworthy.

Yeah, the comedy is kinda shoehorned in (blame Jukki Hanada), and the mom is literally a mystery. She's an eccentric, so don't try to find reason in her actions.

Episode 3 and i'm now wondering how that hollow shadow thing possessed Mirai's friend in the past, from the looks of it, that thing is a huge fucking deal, and has a extreme "i am here" sign painted all over it, meanwhile the flashback made it seem like it showed up out of nowhere.

I'm gonna watch some more and hope there's a reason for that and that it wasn't just that they conveniently made it not have a glaring warning sign for it in the past.

Subscribed.

>Nothing happens at all in the thread
>Figure i may give it a shot since i saw some pictures of it prior to this thread, and the thread itself flared up my interest
>Give some insight of what i'm think about each episode and how it progresses
>"Hurr, blogshit, kill yourself"

You should probably be the one following your own advice. I'm merely giving some minor critic of what each episode is offering so far because it feels like a mixed bag of good vs shit. The character dynamics and surreal interactions are enough to warrant that.

Plus i keep the thread up that way, since i feel like discussing, but so far it seems no one else feels like it.

Noice buzzwords

Again, you're the only bringing in the memes, i want to discuss the show and the thread was dying, i replied to the dude who was replying to me and he didn't in episode 3, and you bumped the thread despite that just to use your "subscribed" meme, you're no better.

Either way, do you want to discuss the show or are you just here to shitpost?

I'm curious why the character dynamics stood out to you. Seemed typical of a LN to me

I dunno, it just felt like everyone was acting like the whole stabbing the dude in the freaking chest was no big deal. I kinda get why club president girl didn't care much, since it seems she's keeping an eye on him out of obligation, despite wishing to be a normal girl, at least from what i can gather on episode 5.

It's even more weird to me how to Mirai seemed so calm about the ordeal, despite having a tragic backstory about killing like that, i mean what the hell, she was all about how killing made her a nervous wreck, killing the monsters made her shake, and here she was stabbing a guy in the freaking chest with 0 hesitation what if she actually freaking killed him? Would she just wail in agony and gain another traumatic event?

Also why in the hell does the appraiser keep nudes?

The Hollow Shadow becomes irrelevant after episode 4, there's really no explanation to why it wasn't that noticeable when it possessed Yui, maybe it gained power overtime or something.

To be fair, that was because she was hired to kill him under threat of death.

Wait, so it was the same one from before? I guess that makes sense then, but it's kinda weird how they call it by name as if it's a special type that is known for being a pain in the ass, and noticeable.

Anyways, will they explore more of why Mitsuki was isolating herself with the "everyone is alone, because nee-san said so"? I mean her brother seems to do whatever the hell he wants, and it doesn't feel like it's enforced. Was it to keep up appearances because of what her big sister expected of her?

At least finish the show before blogging
Nobody wants a play-by-play

God I always forget how tiny she is. No wonder Mitsuki is so much more popular.

Yeah, it's annoying how people always shitpost about this show because they weren't paying attention to what was happening.

Alright, i guess i do see where you're coming from so i'll refrain from asking questions before i finish completely.

It has a movie and a backstory episode too right?

Seems like you've watched episode 5. Sorry to tell you this but that episode is pretty much the only one that deals with Mitsuki's loneliness. The way I took it, is that being the younger sister she doesn't have the same status as her older siblings, so she's kind of left out of all the issues of the Spirit World Warriors Society, and she isn't as diligent as Hiroomi to get involved on her own. Instead, the job they give to her is watching over Akihito. Hiroomi is also supposed to do that, which is why he is in the Literature Club too, but he's never present there, like Akihito says in episode 1. I think this is a detail included to show that Mitsuki is left alone in her duty. Also, since she has to watch over Akihito, she doesn't have the time to make friends at school, either. These are things that are mentioned in episode 1, and at the time they don't seem very important, but in hindsight you can see that its sole purpose was to link it to her loneliness.

Hey, I'm and also the guy that has been answering most of your questions. I don't mind you asking more as you watch, honestly I prefer it that way so I can give insight to some details and you can hopefully enjoy the show more, I like helping people understand this show, because in my opinion there's so much that you can miss, and those details can make the show great. A lot of people here seem to have missed them and never looked back after they finished the show, so it kind of got a bad reputation here.

I guess you weren't kidding when you said it was mostly a romance focused show, if this is the max they'll give, out of exploring side character backstories. It sort of feels like an after thought.

Well, yeah, a lot of the side characters and stories are kinda just suggestions, they don't use much time on them.

Here I'm waiting to see what you have to say about episode 6

I just finished it. I guess it was pretty ok, i'm mostly now curious to what the whole inspector deceiving little girls is all about.

The one thing i don't get is how Sakura seemed to be grieving with Mirai right after her sister died, as if she understood that it was inevitable and it wasn't her fault, and then suddenly she's being blood thirsty. I guess it was after the parents kicked her out right? I mean she's been fending for herself so i imagine the parents got angry at her killing their daughter in panic and kicked her out, which at some point started getting into Sakura's head, and she felt she wished to kill her too.

How's the movie?

The start is kinda annoying, since it's a foregone conclusion that Mirai's gonna get her memories back but Akihito keeps playing dumb instead of giving her that sweet hanyou hand holding. But after the first act it picks up.

I'll give it a rest for now, and watch the other episodes later since it's late here.

So i'll ask now, what should i watch after seeing the rest of the episodes? I know there's a movie and a backstory episode. If i'm to watch which one should i watch first?

>it just felt like everyone was acting like the whole stabbing the dude in the freaking chest was no big deal

This was one of my biggest problems of the show.

Later on in the show it's revealed that Akihito could go berserk and NUKE the entire town if he receives a mortal wound or something to that effect. If they knew that, why would they send Mirai to try to off him in the first episode, in the middle of a city? Why was Akihito so dismissive and jokey about nearly getting killed?

OVA then Mirai-hen

>Why was Akihito so dismissive and jokey about nearly getting killed?
Because he can't die, and people have been after him just about his whole life so it's more of a resigned 'I fucking hate my life' jokey thing, a smile to hide the pain.

Not sure why they had Mirai go after him in the middle of the city. I guess either she jumped the gun or they thought her blood would 1HKO him or something.

>Because he can't die, and people have been after him just about his whole life so it's more of a resigned 'I fucking hate my life' jokey thing, a smile to hide the pain.

Yeah, but he beat himself up for letting the event happen that I'm spoiled. If he was that concerned, why was he so carefree, happy go lucky and not terrified in episode 1?

If I recall correctly, Sakura is after Mirai because of Fujima's false promises.

He only went berserk after Mirai sprayed all of his insides with acid blood, I'm guessing Akihito knows his limits. Still, asked Mirai to do that in order to kill the Hollow Shadow. He either miscalculated the damage it would do, or he thought he was much stronger than that. A stab to the chest is probably no worry.

Dumb ass.

Why would he be terrified? The only thing he's really afraid of it is turning into his youmu form and fucking shit up; but it takes a lot of damage to get him there. Getting stabbed through the chest is unpleasant but temporary, so he can keep up his facade of happiness.

Because really, it's either pretend to be happy or mope. At least with the first one you might eventually get there.

We need more of it.

This. It's just shitposters who didn't watch the show, because all of the complaints boil down to "I wasn't paying attention to anything after the idol episode and refuse to listen to you tell me that I don't know what actually happened in the story."

The fact that people still don't get how she came back at the end is baffling.

>Either way, do you want to discuss the show or are you just here to shitpost?
It's a Kyoani shitposter, so the latter.

Not him, but I enjoyed that their romance was borne of common struggle and developed over time instead of "He was nice to me and treated me like a normal girl even though I'm the super special snowflake princess. He's so nice!"

I said fuck it and finished all the episodes, all check the prequel and movie later.

Anyways, it started out way too weird and retarded, and then it stopped and got better, around episode 5 i think.

First off, why the fuck did Izumi create that plan to remove beyond the Boundary? It feels like that thing wouldn't become complete if that set piece of him didn't get off free. If anything it feels like it would be weaker if he had kept it inside himself. I also don't get the society guy, which i guess was only using their name to move freely. Was he just a fanatic?

Izumi felt like she was completely in the wrong, hell, she fucking stabbed MC's mother for not answering her properly. And then surprise, she's not exactly human, and apparently Izumi is also half Youmu, which i don't get the relevance of.

And finally, who the hell was the old man who lives in the wet bat cave? I'm guessing the head of the family? But it felt like he was working in self interest with Izumi's help, and not for the sake of the world.

Weak start but it got decent near half, otherwise it's nothing super special.

How did Mirai go back in the end? I was happy she did, but it felt a little to wish washy considering the tone it was going for.

I'm going to make a post addressing all the things you mentioned in this post so give me a little time.

You will not make me watch this megane crap.

>First off, why the fuck did Izumi create that plan to remove beyond the Boundary?
Because he was a threat and he needed to get dealt with. This specific plan she made used Mirai to kill him, right? In episode 10, we can see that it was Izumi who told Mirai that if she sacrificed herself, she might get the KnK our of Akihito. If she did this, Mirai would be gone too, and, in the eyes of Izumi, that wouldn't be bad because she was also kind of a bother. So she told Mirai that something like that might work, without seeming like she wanted it to happen. If the KnK was gone and Mirai disappeared as well, it was all the better for her.

>It feels like that thing wouldn't become complete if that set piece of him didn't get off free. If anything it feels like it would be weaker if he had kept it inside himself.
I'm not sure how she knew, but she definitely knew that it would get free, because she told Mirai.

>I also don't get the society guy, which i guess was only using their name to move freely. Was he just a fanatic?
He's kind of obsessed with youmu, he experiments with them to use as weapons. This is important in the movie.

>Izumi felt like she was completely in the wrong, hell, she fucking stabbed MC's mother for not answering her properly. And then surprise, she's not exactly human, and apparently Izumi is also half Youmu, which i don't get the relevance of.
Izumi isn't half-youmu like Akihito is, that's also explained in the movie.

>And finally, who the hell was the old man who lives in the wet bat cave? I'm guessing the head of the family? But it felt like he was working in self interest with Izumi's help, and not for the sake of the world.
He doesn't show up again, we don't know who he is or why he wanted the Hollow Shadow's stone.

I'll make another post explaining Mirai's revival since this one is already too long.

Thank you for this user. I love you.

>How did Mirai go back in the end?
There are a lot of things that are hinted throughout the show that lead to this moment. I want to make a image with a sort of flowchart or even just a collage, but I'll probably do that as I rewatch it, since I plan on doing that soon.

First. we see how youmu turn into stones when they die.

Then, in episode 11, we see how a youmu stone can be "revived" if it meets a proper vessel. Akihito grabs the KnK stone and it merges into his hand, because it was already part of him before.

In that same episode, inside of the KnK, with Mirai, is a puppet version of Akihito. Earlier in the show we were told that youmu are created from intense emotions. The KnK is also said to be able to create youmu or something like that (I'll correct this after my rewatch, since it's probably not exactly like that), so either that or Mirai's strong emotions were the catalyst for the puppet Aki to be created. At the end of episode 11, when Akihito is floating towards the KnK, so does his puppet version inside the KnK, and when they meet at the boundary, they turn into one. This can be taken as "puppet versions of oneself are proper vessels for one's soul".

But, what about the ring? In the movie, it's said that Mirai's ring is made out of her mother, which raises the question: how can a ring made out of her mother contain his soul? Well, first of all, we know that Mirai's soul is in her blood (which is probably why she can control it), this is said in episode 10 when she appears in Akihito's ring thanks to the leftover blood that got in his system. And well, being family, she shares her blood with her ancestors, no? This is also hinted in the flashbacks where they are lynching her ancestors (I think this happens in the movie), and they look just like Mirai. If her soul is in her blood, and she shares her blood with her family, then doesn't she also share her soul?Anyway, when she dies, she drops her ring . (1/2)

Thanks for the explanation, so i guess Izumi was just a selfish bitch in the end, which is why her brother denies wanting to be like her since she forgot how to be herself and not focus on results and go on a roundabout way to reach her ideals.

Still don't get the need for the old man.

Also i'm reading the revival explanation, waiting on part 2.

By the way, do we get more insight on MC's mother and father in the movie? Or was that it?

I think at one point, someone also says that her clan was even believed to be somewhat youmu, or something like that, which would even make more sense for her to turn into a stone (or ring in this case) when she dies. Anyway, so now the ring contains her soul, and now the KnK is back inside of Akihito. In the last episode, when he was giving the final monologue, he walked out of the school like he did in episode 1, while reminiscing about Mirai, which were probably very strong emotions, or he could have just accidentally tapped into the KnK's powers and that way created a puppet Mirai. Since he had the ring with Mirai's soul right there, and there was now a vessel for her, they merged instantly. And boom, Mirai back to life.

Also, thank you.

>people will give KnK a chance
Idol episode still sucked tho

>Thanks for the explanation
No problem. I know a lot of these things seem like a stretch, but I'm planning on rewatching and making corrections.

>so i guess Izumi was just a selfish bitch in the end, which is why her brother denies wanting to be like her since she forgot how to be herself and not focus on results and go on a roundabout way to reach her ideals.
Exactly.
>Still don't get the need for the old man.
Me neither, honestly.
>Also i'm reading the revival explanation, waiting on part 2.
This is part 2, by the way, I forgot to say that.

>By the way, do we get more insight on MC's mother and father in the movie? Or was that it?
She's a real mystery. She also appears in the OVA and does something equally mysterious.

So yeah, I guess there are a few places where the writing doesn't hold up, but overall it really isn't as bad as a lot of people suggest.

>t's honestly a great series if you realize that it's primarily a romance
nah.

i can't believe KnK defense force even still exists at this point haha

Nice argument

Why did she came back again?