Reading Bill Clinton's Wikipedia page

>reading Bill Clinton's Wikipedia page
>"born William Jefferson Blythe III"
>wut.jpg
>read up about it
>it says he changed his surname to Clinton as a "gesture toward his stepfather"
>no other mention or explanation about it anywhere

What the actual fuck Sup Forums? This is some shady shit. Normal people don't just change their last name. Especially for a nonsense reason to "honor their stepfather."
Surely there is something more to this right?

yes, thanks for making this thread, this will for sure solve everything and we ca ngo back to like it was before 9/11 ( the before time). i wish this ride would end.

Are you implying I'm trying to slide or something?

This is just bizarre to me and I would like to know if Sup Forums can figure this out. Normal guys don't randomly go through the complicated legal process of changing their surname unless they have to. Not some bullshit about "honoring their stepfather's memory."

His bio father died in some kind of truck accident while his mother was pregnant with him. He was raised by the Clinton guy so he probably felt more Clinton than Blythe. It's not too weird IMHO.

This seems a pretty logical explanation.

Yeah I can get that. But I can imagine changing your surname isn't exactly a simple procedure.
Hell, changing your first name alone takes forever. Changing your surname is probably a huge pain in the ass. And that tells me that no rational person would go through that procedure unless they were trying to hide their past in some way.

Maybe I just read too much on here and it makes me suspect everything, but I still think something isn't normal about this.

shapeshifters gon shapeshift

the real before time was more than a century ago

>Changing your surname is probably a huge pain in the ass.
>Probably
Meaning you're too lazy to do even a quick gulag to support your "guess" ... But here you are, shitposting on Sup Forums

Well he was in a family where he was the only one with a different last name, and that was probably looked down upon in the south in the late 50s early 60s, despite the circumstances having nothing to do with bastardry or anything like that.

This isn't shady, people actually do this pretty regularly. Think of a 1 year old who's dad leaves mom as a single mother, she finds another responsible guy willing to raise the kid he's basically the only real dad you have. Now your mom and stepdad have the same last name and you're asking "who the fuck is [abandoned father's surname] because as a 5-6-7 year old it makes no fucking sense to you, so you go and the stepdad legally "adopts" you and you change your surname to match the only real father you've ever known. In short, you're a sheltered retard and need to get out more.

Wasn't his stepfather an abusive piece of shit who Bill Clinton beat the shit out of as soon as he was old enough?

I thought about changing my name to my Mom's maiden name bc it reflects more of my heritage (Scandinavian) than my dad's name that was rare and hard for ppl to pronounce even w/only 2 syllables.

>William Jefferson Blythe III
He changed his name because no American wants to vote for someone with the last name "Blythe", at least not back in the 90s. It sounds like a British supervillain.

Bill De Blasio wasn't born with the last name De Blasio.

Liberals like changing their names. De Blasio's name change was likely a political move to sound more appealing to Italians in New York.

Yes, but he could at least help his mother keep up the illusion, on paper, that they were a classic nuclear family and all biologically related. It's Southern logic from a different era. If you want to read his phone book sized biography you can probably get some more insight.

Not your personal army. Research it yourself.

Bill Clinton is Wolverine

>Want to run for political office
>Confess you were raised by a step-father
>Confess he was a horrible person
You could not get into office if you were from a broken family back then, our leaders were supposed to be paragons of the community.

this sounds like what the pizzagate people do with kids
>he was born into it
>now he runs it

He hated his stepfather actually, but he wanted to have the same last name as his half brother so he changed it.