Why couldn't Kenichi just be about real martial arts, kind of like how it was for the early arcs?

Why couldn't Kenichi just be about real martial arts, kind of like how it was for the early arcs?

It just went for the generic superpower Dragonball Z freakshow route.

I FUCKING KNOW
God that was a good anime.

Read Holyland, more street though.

Can't tell what's worse, HSDK or Tenjo tenge.

Real martial arts actually requires decent animation.

That's why we don't have any anime outside of the ragnarok arc.

Why couldn't the masters actually have weaknesses? Their fights were all shit because they were too OP (even Shigure's).

The masters are literally flying in the early chapters. What did you expect? The non-master fights are great and realistic enough so it's fine on this point.

Tenjo Tenge by far. Normally I'm fine with rape and NTR, but it felt really pointless and hamfisted in this manga; plus, almost none of the characters were likable

Yeah, master fights should have just been for comedic purposes, like they were early on.

I hate how we never got see Kenichi's adult form, all we see is his giant ass muscular arm and how he writes that he became the greatest Martial Arts master in the world. He also had kids with Slutty Cowtits Mcgee, right? I was happy they ended up together, they made a cute couple. I just really wanted to see Adult Kenichi in action, or at least what he looked like.

I just wanted him to be a doctor that punched people healthy than a writer.

I tried reading his new manga and it just made me realize I don't really like his current art style. Plus some of the characters looked like they were ripped straight from Kenichi and he just added some more details to them. I actually liked it better in the beginning.

Kenichi is basically wuxia right from the beginning. The masters' place is even called fucking Ryouzanpaku (aka the place most noted as being the setting for Water Margin, one of the earliest wuxia novel ever). Sorry, but the jokes are on you if you were expecting purely real martial arts.

The jokes were on everyone who stuck with this, considering how shit the master-level fights were, or the slow-ass progression until the terrible abrupt ending. It was like trudging through a desert and at the end of the journey someone peed in the oasis.

No, no, I like the eastern fantasy elements, but there's a limit. Master fights went too far, but disciple fights found a happy medium

>Master fights went too far, but disciple fights found a happy medium
Just like the typical wuxia work. It's not a coincidence that people aware of the genre were making comparisons with works like Condor Hero.

Read Baki, OP. The power creep is there, but instead of going DBZ it goes awesomely retarded.

That is creepy looking as fuck, my god. Did he just envision his skeleton having armor on it? I'm trying to figure out what is going on here, it looks like he is trying to picture his skeletal system.

And what the fuck are those things protruding out of his knees and connecting to his ankle? It looks like some alien armored skeleton human hybrid.

He's using the power of imagination to pretend he has more joints so he can supersonic punch. Obviously.

Even the early arcs were retarded chinese martial arts.

Read Shamo for proper fight choregraphy, Baki for powerlevels and Holyland for drama.

Does he do it and shatter all his bones in the process?

Kind of.

>This months releases getting fully translated

I never forgive Oh great for killing off Maya Natsume.

>Gets pummeled and goes into a coma for a long time. Finally recovers for final arc and gets killed off for good.

Good writing.

should have banged Renka

Jesus fucking Christ....I can see the bone but it's still intact. It looks like he ripped his flesh in half down to the bone and you can see the muscle tissue, in all honesty it looks like he spilled acid on his arm and it's corroding right in front of him.

Also how his fingers are twisted, cringe as fuck.

You just learn to accept it. Here let me help you.

At least Masataka got to be the one to take down the big bad. He deserved that middle school sword loli and so much more.

Kenichi did have amazing fanservice, it's only one of the reasons I thoroughly enjoyed the manga. It was about as close to borderline hentai as you could get without actually showing full on nudity and what not.

Wish the Fairy Tail author would hurry up and show borderline nipples like Kenichi. No one gives a shit about the plot and it's already just a fanservice series.

>History's Strongest Disciple
>Can't hit a girl

i would join the dojo just to try and romance her.

Not OP, but I am accepting it, sempai!

The fucking Lucha chick was hotter than fire
Actually that whole crazy ship fight was probably my favorite part of the manga

She was too good for this series.

Posting the only picture I remember saving from the series because I thought it looked cool.

LEWD

Congratulations. You have selected the two finest girls in the entire manga, and on the same page.

A gentleman and a scholar, sir.

Don't know how it got away with this level of fanservice in a major shonen mag, honestly. I was always surprised, every week, at the shit it got away with. But then, TLR exists.

Did it end already? I dropped it when they invaded that island to save the weapons girl

that was pretty much the last arc. You dropped it right near the finish.

>you'll never get to smell Shigure's used fundoshi after this fight

There's only a handful of artists that could draw that. And I don't think anyone could do it in his style

If you think this is badly drawn you've probably never touched a pencil.

It seems like he could show nipples anytime he wanted without them being covered, I guess that's just the author's fetish.

>he doesn't like stupidly overpowered characters fighting at completely nonsensical levels
I bet you faggots can't stand Chinese or Indian mythology.

Why are fundoshi girls so best?

theres a difference between wont and cant.

no this one is by far the coolest,
his outfit is just beastmode.

Just read Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru.

I wonder if he moved back to Ryozanpaku with his father and daughter after the island fight.

>Can't tell what's worse, HSDK or Tenjo tenge.

Tenjou tenge had so much potential but turned to absolute shit pretty quick