Why do poor people smoke and drink instead of improving themselves?

Why do poor people smoke and drink instead of improving themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

concordia.ca/cunews/main/releases/2011/07/13/higher-cigarette-taxes-dont-deter-all-smokers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this a serious question?

Why do people have vices?

Gee idk man

cheap, legal highs

Why would you take the long way around when you can short circuit your reward system over and over until you die?

because i fucking can you gommie

Learned behavior reinforced by addiction.

Because poor people are stupid, this is why they poor.

High time preference that's why.

they are mentaly poor as well user.

Cheap and easy to access. Both are for plebs

this I was born into a rich senpai I dont gotta do shit haha fuck you poorfags

I've just given up on life.

Give me your money

>just be rich bruh ;-)

I don't know, I have a STEM degree. I'm slightly poor, but I only drink bottom shelf whisky so that it's not much of a money drain.

I choose my vices carefully, and drinking is a pretty good one.

Why do nazis larp on the internet instead of improving themselves?

It's almost always because of depression. Once you're hooked you fall into a downward spiral.

wtf else are they gonna do? they're poor and have shit lives. most people aren't even capable of improving their lives, so they might as well do one of the few things that makes it slightly better

after a hard day slaving away as an indentured servant, it's nice to stay comfy with the little things (((they))) still allow you to have to ward off insanity for yet one more dreary day.

I think because its the only thing they can afford to do to make themselves feel better

The real question is why do governments tax smoking and drinking so much?

Protip: it's because poor people do it.

because it's the only happiness the wagecuck will ever feel

>tfw have never smoked and only drink socially

>poor people smoke and drink'

>poor people get sick

>poor people can't afford healthcare

They make up for their habit by contributing to the system so it can take care of them when they get sick.

>entire function in life is to make someone else rich by taking abuse
>there are tiny escapes from this slavery
>the slaves are bad for taking them

You're what? 17 maybe 18. Literally never worked a day in your life. Still trying to be cool in school. Never tasted the meaningless daily grind of work, eat, sleep, pay bills, repeat. "Bu-but imma be a millionaire manager at wendys." Good luck in your first semester of college. Just wait til your "dream job" turns into a gray, fuzzy stream of barely recognizable memories of doing the same shit every. fucking. day. Take a vacation once or twice a year long enough to question what monster you've become. Buying shiny consumerist garbage trying to impress plebs, but realize no one gives a shit. Until one day you realize you can't wait to die of natural causes and no longer fear death.

Bettering their environment would fix everything really.

Hey wageslave stop drinking! You come into work hungover and that hinders productivity! We need you to produce more useless shit so I can buy another yacht!

>low intelligence
>lack of impulse control
>lack of ability to delay gratification
That's why they are poor and that's why they drink and smoke.

Or...

>Bettering their environment

>implying an alcoholic with an IQ of 90 is capable of bettering their environment

Coping mechanism. Starts off as a bit of fun to forget your worries every now and then. Becomes an every weekend habit. Becomes an addiction that's hard to quit when you still have the worries that led you to start in the first place all you have is to go back to that misery sober.

Why do people who claim to be redpilled post on a mongolian cartoon forum?

Tobacco and alcohol are legal because they are very useful to anesthesize yourself so you don't realize how horrible your life is, or how horrible the things the government does to you are.

le chuckled!!! nice le epic meme my MAN !!!!!!!

:-)))))))))))))))))

Because it is easier to try and hide your sorrows in a vice than what it is to address the problem on hand.

OP I am not saying that I am disappointed in this thread, but perfectly good shilling slide threads died so you could make this thread.

I drink and I smoke but I'm not poor. Poor people can't afford to do that in this country because of how much they tax all that shit

>I choose my vices carefully and drinking is a pretty good one
wow so edgy u sound llike a deep and complicated individual

No fucks

why do liberals take dick in the ass and then criticize straight men for being assertive?

This guy gets it

There is literally no opportunity. We have to much human surplus. The demand for humans is much lower than the supply.
Tell that to the rich drug addicts and functional alcoholics. Just cause you like to enjoy yourself doesn't mean you can't control yourself.

>le chuckled!!!

Pointing out that there are exceptions is not an argument.

what car is that

Sorry to disappoint snowflake but i don't drink and smoke.

Spoiler alert, you're going to die anyway. Being sober to wagecuck for 50 years is not a more worthwhile existence than getting sloshed every day.

I could argue your examples are the exceptions. How many of these people you speak of do you personally know?

What? Too many humans? But that would imply that we don't need nonwhite immigrants you fucking bigoted shitlord REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ain't no drink hurt nobody

Because smoking is relatively cheap, doesn't impair you significantly until years of abuse, is the epitome of instant gratification, and is fucking addictive as fuck.

As for drinking, I think it's more like drinking causes poverty and not the other way around. I've known people who could be making real good money if they didn't become fucking drunks before they even got their first job after graduating.

Is that my boi Lil Peep

A Lenovo Eclipse 2005
I agree. We all know that the radical left do not in fact live in reality. Which is very worrying and detrimental. Like a person on bath salts and LSD who believes everyone are zombies so he had to kill everyone in site.
I propose, that because of this detachment from reality, we have a moral obligation to protect the people and sent them to what ever fantastical land they envision in their minds. Be it Heaven, or the apparent Hell they believe they currently live in.

How do I stop drinking before I neck myself desu

>Ain't no drink hurt nobody
Says one of the most debaucherous nations in Europe.
Get a job

This. We all die no matter how many good boy points you get for not drinking or smoking.

Try hard at improving yourself... Die
Live life easy, drink & smoke... Die
The end.

I unironically make 90k and spend over 1k/month on liquor

Don't forget lottery tickets. Poorfags love pissing money away on this voluntary tax.

>Implying the middle class doesn't smoke and drink
>Implying the rich don't have even worse vices

How often do you drink?

I think you're missing the point here. The rich can afford frivolous spending on luxury, the poor can't but do anyway.

can we tax caviar and truffles like they do to booze and smokes?

Why would the elite choose to raise taxes that'd affect themselves?

yeah I get it, it's why I drink and smoke. A viscous circle

>implying your can't do both

The idea that the poor should have leisure has always been shocking to the rich. -Bertrand Russell

Improve yourself for what? So you can make your boss laugh a little harder because you can sweat more during the day?
Why do right-wingtards love slavery so much?

10k is abit much m8. Try cheaper liquor and stick to weekends. Failing liver sucks balls

try it. You will meet Seth Rich so fast even you won't know what happened.

doesn't most caviar come from Russia and Iran? they should fuck richers over

I believe it's because those two things are all they can afford to enjoy.

Because theye stupid/low IQ human garbage like 99% of people.

Because they're weak and lack willpower.

>Using the communist approach
I guess I should just start writing you blank checks because you're too much of a lazy degenerate to into life right.

>The defeatist approach

Most rich people are miserable as shit, and drink like a fish. The really rich ones are totally enslaved by Satan and kept busy. Material wealth is an empty pursuit, and basically a cult.

High taxes on these items is intended to prevent poor people from buying it.

The reason they smoke and drink instead of improving themselves is the same reason they're poor. They're low IQ, unconscientious people. Look at Karl Marx. People constantly gave him money and he constantly flushed it down the toilet, but he was always smoking and ended up on the street stealing food. People like him are fucking useless.

In the West, there's a .6 correlation between income and IQ and at least a .1 between income and conscientiousness. The truth is most people deserve the life they have.

What a broad and abstract thought.

are you fucking stupid? they know they are addicted and will keep paying for it. It's about keeping a balance so they don't quit doing it because of a price spike

Let's ban it so nobody can enjoy what they want.

I heard the higher tax didn't work in some place(new zealand, i think) and even more people started smoking. But I can't find that sadly.
concordia.ca/cunews/main/releases/2011/07/13/higher-cigarette-taxes-dont-deter-all-smokers.html
But it tax's doesn't really stop people from smoking.

>implying it's just poor people
half the doctors I know smoke

Many poor people have genetic traits that predispose them into being poor. That's something that isn't mentioned often but it's true

Shouldn't the file nabe Lexus-roll?

If you're poor and stupid and everyone around you is doing it, chances are you'll do it too.

We're talking about the first world here. If I saw a doctor smoking I would be extremely surprised.

>claims to be successful
>browses a juvenile anime forum

In the sixties and well into the seventies it was a custom over here to have a basket full of different brands of cigarettes. When you had a guest, you would offer them a cigarette from the basket. Just like a biscuit.

>Poor people drink and smoke
>Functioning alcoholics don't apply
Are you insinuating that poor people are mostly nonfunctioning alcoholics?

You do realize they make alcohol and cigarettes specifically for rich people right ? they're hardly an exception if there is a viable market for it

I don't need a lot to be happy. I'm not jealous of people with more money than me, that's up to them, I'm of the opinion that the chance to accumulate personal wealth is one the great things about our society - although I detest a snob (this also includes "reverse snobbery", where people boast of how impoverished they are, or how bad their upbringing was).
Despite my humble status, I have improved myself. I am now at my target weight and have eliminated dairy products from my diet. I exercise and my posture has greatly improved. I wear good clothes and can still catch the eye of the ladies. I have also given up weed. But I can't stop smoking cigarettes and refuse to consider vaping. As for drink, well, there's nothing wrong with drinking mebbe once or twice a month, I usually have a drink with my brother and catch up what's been happening.

>that faggy flag

We smoke, and we drink. As a middle finger to life. A moment for zoning out in a sea of zero fucks.
Helps you compose your self.
There are those that go out of their way to abuse these two like with anything else.

For me its a pack of pure tobacco a day, and a glass of cold dark beer every 3-5 days.

they are neither cheap nor accessible in modern society tailored by tze Jew. I do wonder why is that.

People shilling against the tobacco and alcohol are the definition of cucks in me eyes.
You can measure the cuckness of entire society proportionally to the price of the pack of tobacco

>Hospitals literally just banned their staff from smoking a few years ago
>Huuurrr doctors don't smoke!
You don't say! It's almost as if they had to quit or lose their jobs

they're retards.

source: have dealt with many of them

Because they know that they can't do that, it's either escapism or death.

Why not both losers?

Drinking correlates with poverty, and sobriety successful people? I really, really doubt it. Maybe serious alcoholism, but successful people drink. Alcohol helps quiet the mind, as people in higher-earning jobs, running companies, sales, management, have much higher-pressure lines of work, and more responsibilities.

>t. just got toasted last night in Lighthouse Point with millionaire yachtsmen and a yacht broker for the broker's birthday, who was freaking out after losing inventory on account of Irma.

Wong. You sir are stupid, and retarded.