When will this modern haremshit die out...

When will this modern haremshit die out? I'm getting tired of seeing the same damned cliches of bitches jumping on the MC's dick. When are we going to get a see a harem that doesn't suck?

when you start making shitty flame/bait threads

Claire a shit.

when was the exact moment harem shit started?
can user provide the first ever modern harem shit that started all this?

i really want to know now

obviously it started in the late 70's/early 80's with touch!
OP is obviously a fan of older anime like sazae san and astro boy.

I'm not an anime connoiseur but tracking back to shows like Tenchi Muyo, you can still find the same harem clichés you see today, so I'd say harem has been plagued by shit from its begginings yet for some reason nobody tried to improve on the formula, and simply kept repeating it with different girls.

Do I have shit taste for thinking that character design is awful?

No user, it's pretty bad

>When will this modern haremshit die out?
As opposed to old-fashioned harems?

>nobody tried to improve on the formula
if it aint broke dont fix it

Tale of Genji by Lady Murasaki.

>so I'd say harem has been plagued by shit from its begginings yet for some reason nobody tried to improve on the formula,
They can't improve because they have been regressing. The true spirit of a harem show is a full harem end, and if you can't pull it off then you might as well not try.

OreImo.

When it includes NTR.

Genji is a raising simulator, not harem.

You mean like tenchi muyo where the guy gets the harem end?

I wouldn't say that's old-fashioned but harem ends like Tenchi are nice. However, they seem to be rare.

I'm fine with harems but most authors these days just pussyfoot around the entire damn manga.

It has been around forever, but we can't expect someone who isn't old enough to find the shift and punctuation keys to know this.

Tenchi is not the first harem but tenchi is the first non hentai series that has true harem ending.

I hate to tell you this OP but you could go back to the early 2000s, 90s, or even the 80s and you'll find "modern" harems. Whether its one girl wins or all the girls chase MCs dick for eternity and no one wins, these make up the vast majority of harems. For every series that has a true harem end, you get 50 "modern" harems.

The problem is that Japan needs to learn how to properly structure a story.

It has equal 3 or more woman that like him it is harem.

All harems suck by default.

All harem ending type harem is a must watch and read harem series. Gxp, Zetsubou sensei, Dxd, mushoku tensei, daimaou manga, sekirei, umi no misaki, photon, tenchi series, hachi ichi, harekon, rosario vampire, etc and many others.

>for some reason nobody tried to improve on the formula
that's untrue - love hina came out and devalued harem for ever by giving us the worthless punchingbag beta male, the violent tsundere & topped it off with a traditional monogamist main heroine ending because pandering to casuals sells merchandise.

I really wish motoko won though
sure she was tsundere to but she was a more intresting character, had actual character development and legitimately liked the guy for what he was rather than what he became.
but you know firstish girl rule.

Hey look it's the same faggot posting the same thread again

mutsumi was originally going to win, but then the series sold so well that it continued passed the original plan of a mere 8 volumes and she became less relevant as time went. so akamatsu sold out and took the easy route.

Hail Harem! Immortal Harem! We shall never be destroyed! Cut off one show and two more shall take its place! We serve the Supreme Bland MC, as the anime industry shall soon serve us!”

You have criteria for that, OP?

It hasn't served harem series yet?

Instead of complaining, what do you want to see and how would it be viable as a long running series? People like you can never seem to answer that without either making it not even the genre that they complain about or describe already existing shows.

It's here to stay. Find yourself another hobby if harems trigger you.

Do harem shows even sell much anymore?

YES, last season number 1 and number 2 best sellers are harem series and all above 10k. Konosuba and koyomimonogatari.

>Claire
When you stop creating threads for worst girl.

Shinmai arashi fits to your liking.

Then why do you bother watching it?
Ignore it and watch something else.

Do you watch yaoi shit? No? Then do that on haremshit as well since you don't like it.

>monogatari
>harem
He has a girlfriend by episode 3

The japs always put monogatari for polling best harem MC and best harem series.

Monogatari being the only harem that sells=!harem sells.

A harem that isn't monogatari hasn't been a top seller or really a good seller at all since Infinite Stratos

You're so wrong i have proven enough.

It's probably time for you to stop watching anime

ITT
people confuse "harem" with "show that has multiple female supporting characters".

If the show ends with a MC x lamo1girl, it isn't a harem show. For it to be a harem show MC needs to end up with a lot of girls (i.e. a harem). DxD, as shitty as the later seasons get, is actually an example of a true harem show in this sense.

When threads appear in which people start calling something like steins;gate a "harem show", you know it is summer. I could live underground all my life and still be able to accurately tell you the season (and time of day for that sake) solely based on those threads.

You're so wrong. That's how it always tagged the end result is not relevant.

Dai Maou was the last harem series which I actually did not drop halfway.

Dream of red chamber

Not him but, it gets really annoying when people call shows like netoge a harem when there's only one love interest. Fuck I thought the text book definition of harem anime is multiple love interests and not one.

That because the original material has not ended yet. People would not believe more than 3 bishoujos flock near mc and it will not lead to harem. There are a lot of teasing from the girl that trigger the hikkikomori girl, though.

> other girls

Now that 16 years has passed can we all agree Naru was the best Love Hina?

>tagged
Please go back to crunchyroll/mall/reddit or wherever else you came from where they tag anime.

Before anime there is manga that promote tagging anime though. Since ages a go tagging also endorsed everywhere. i don't see any reason to blame on those sites where every site now tagging everything.

Naru justifies too many different flavors of worst girls to exist, she's shit.

>Naru
>worst

Explain yourself.

In the manga, sure. Haven't seen enough of the terrible anime to judge.

> only know three site that tagged otaku related content and all those are new site
Newfags never learn?

>shitposting is seasonal
This has never been the case. The biggest autistic dredges are here all year long.

>I use sites that tag for my anime
hello new

Please, please let it happen soon. Ever since 2010 anime has been dominated by SoL, generic harem, and autistic moe blobs.

Sup Forums has seen much pain from this. It has devolved into 95% OPT, drawfag, BEST GRILL, and general threads. Every thread turns into an autistic best girl argument like some all consuming plague.

I miss old Sup Forums.

>illiterate
I don't spesifically said about anime. That posting is not being obvious to you mean you're indeed crossboarder newfag.

Why are you using websites to "browse" anime? Worse still, why are you browsing it by "tag" and not by the people involved in the project? i.e. the voice actors, directors, studios, animators etc.. Deciding what you want to watch based on "tags" is retarded beyond belief.

>I liked this one show that was tagged "mystery vampire horror" so that means I will enjoy this other show that was tagged "mystery vampire thriller" too despite it having nothing in common with each other besides the tag.

You are literally retarded.

I guess all mecha is shit as well since nothing has sold even close to EVA

Naru's bullshit (yeah I'm aware the manga didn't have as much as that) justifies abominations like Louise and Taiga as winners; hell even garbage like Asuna and Mine because tsunderes and shit.

Naru is hated for the kinds of future winners in harems/romcoms she validated; read first girl or tsundere always win.

>accusation of illiteracy
>follows it up with that English
It gets spellchecked for you, how are you still misspelling words? You lazy fucking pig.

For sure. LH was one of my first harems and Naru has a special place in my heart.

>I want a board dedicated to manime
I hear reddit lets you make your own special snowflake boards.

Your taste and opinion is garbage. I'm glad you're a vocal minority.

Back to Crunchyroll forums with you, newfag!

Naru was great.

Motoko was fine too.

>tsunderes didn't exist/win before 1998

Not those anons, but all of the girls you mentioned are great girls. Clearly, the issues exists within you.

>Louise
>Taiga
>good

You head me, pleb.

Just make the mc a girl and more than half the people complaining will shut up. You'll have to be pretty gay to dislike a yuri harem anime.

Why do you intend to force anime as different sentient, newfag, Manga and novel are usually in gneral the source material of anime.

They are not good. They are, in fact, best.

NTR princess actually a best.

But you're entitled to your own wrong opinion.

I can't believe there are people still mad about Taiga of all fucking people.

She's better than the tsundere OP posted by miles.

>I'm getting tired of seeing the same damned cliches of bitches jumping on the MC's dick.
Then here's a suggestion. Don't watch them.

Replace anime with manga/LN and my point still stands. Stop trying to sidestep by acting it is any different for manga/LN.

>Nagi winning the bowl
Soon.

>NTR whore
>anything but 2nd worst
Wow. That's the worst taste short of Tiffaniafags.

Shows used to have ecchi, but their characters still had substance too, and there plots were larger than SoL drama and harem. Now the most shows are just otaku pandering autistic slice of life moeblob disasters.

The days of Gunbuster and Slayers are gone and instead we get Hibike! Euphonium 2.

watch Flying Witch, it's the comfiest show and AOTY

>sentient
wat
Fucking ESL people is what is killing Sup Forums, not a "type" of anime.

Forgot my physics

>Hating the greatest love story ever told

WHERE'S HER NOSE?

You're stupid. Manga and novel come first before anime of course manga will be the first one that promote tagging. Your point never stand at all. It id like saying adaption is hold more sugnifican than a source material. that's in general very silly. I also never talked about anime exclusively but still talking about otaku anime in general and connection betwen them.

>I am going to cherrypick my examples
Whenever people talk about "anime used to be good" they always drag up the same 20 or so titles from the past to support their statement and ignore every shitty title made in that same period.
Meanwhile they'll do the opposite for "modern" anime; naming the same 20 or so titles to support their claim it is all shit, whilst ignoring all the good shows. Fucking cognitive dissonance.

When they animate Magical Charming

Please stop running whatever shitty language you are native in through google translate.

Here, let me spell it out to you:

>Why are you using websites to "browse" anime? Worse still, why are you browsing it by "tag" and not by the people involved in the project? i.e. the voice actors, directors, studios, animators etc.. Deciding what you want to watch based on "tags" is retarded beyond belief.

Now lets replace "anime" with "LN/manga":

>Why are you using websites to "browse" manga/LN? Worse still, why are you browsing it by "tag" and not by the people involved in the project? i.e. the writers, editors, studios, animators etc.. Deciding what you want to watch based on "tags" is retarded beyond belief.

Wow, will you look at that, my point still stands. The only reason to browse content on these sort of sites is to decide what you want to watch/read. Browsing by tag (beyond the most basic ones such as shounen, shoujo etc.) is retarded.

I see then you're clearly missing the point of original discussion and not talking in context. The point is to proof that the harem tag of monogatari is corrrect or not. Polling and many other related anime events often require tagging or seperating it into categories.

You aren't very good at following post trails then.

Show's like steins;gate are clearly not what the OP was referring to you fucking idiot.

Hi OP.