Why does the government frown upon suicide so much? Do you realize how many crazy people, lazy people...

Why does the government frown upon suicide so much? Do you realize how many crazy people, lazy people, and depressed people would be gone if they had a fast and efficient way to off themselves? Not to mention, if its government own, and they charged something like 10 k per kill, it would help with the deficit.

Seriously, where does this suicide is wrong meme come from historically?

theology. lots of belief systems frown upon suicide.
eventually it got assimilated when crafting governments and state values.

The "suicide is wrong meme" comes from the basic idea idea that human life is special and should be preserved. The reason suicide is "illegal" is for the family and friends of a suicidal person to use the police to get the person help. The government doesn't really care about a nobody with no family offing themselves outside of the fact that the dead body is a burden.

Not just religion. Without applying religion or philosophy, the only point of life is to reproduce and make your life and your offspring's life better. Progression and evolution.

Because suicide is destruction of government property

The State can't get returns on their investments if you are dead.

Do you know how many more democrat voters there would be?

By saying the other guy's life is worth nothing, you're implying your life isn't worth anything either.

You are government property. Killing yourself is destruction of government property.

At least that's how the government views it.

I would argue that the government has invested time and money into your education, healthcare and what-not so you killing yourself would be a loss of investment.

But then again, most depressed NEETs would never actually become functional members of the society again so their living would only put more burden on food etc. They should just legalise euthanisation already.

Taxes generated from EOL care are massive.

Why would any slave owner want his precious property to destroy itself? The goyim bring lots of money to their rulers.

>Why does the government frown upon suicide so much?
They can't milk the population for taxes if they commit suicide. They also want to prevent mass panic where everyone else commits suicide.
>Seriously, where does this suicide is wrong meme come from historically?
It's a religious and biological thing. Religions are supposed to believe all lives have value. So destroying you own life is destroying value. Also, it goes against natural impulses to kys so this confuses normies.

lol $10k to kill you
Can I get my insurance to pay for that?

Suicide and debt are incompatible.
And the nation runs on debt.

Because slaves do not have the right to kill themselves.

>Why does the government frown upon suicide so much?
Dead people can't pay taxes.

Dead people don't pay taxes

That would be illogical since there would be less welfare recipients, therefore less money in the system for the government to skim off the top from.

How else would they get their money? They need livestock to survive

that's because the people paying taxes are the ones who suicide the most, and the ones getting all the gibs don't kill themselves because gibs

You know that the church was once the government in parts of europe? During that time, life for the average guy was so bad that some started to commit suicide in the hope of a better afterlife. The church reacted by stating that suicide is a sin to stem the increasing loss of their serfs. That's still the reason why suicide is seen as bad in europe, while it is seen as honorable in japan. Many other cultures don't care.

Only right answer in thread.

>they charged something like 10 k per kill, it would help with the deficit.
This is the problem with you stupid nazis. Short-sighted, rigid, authoritarian.

I know of a lot of people that fit your description of the prime candidates for street corner suicide booths, and they can't scrape together $2000 for a bankruptcy lawyer's retainer. Getting ten grand in cash in their hand is an impossibility for them. I wonder how these people are going to pay for their retirement, then I realize they probably won't live that long, and cost taxpayers a fortune at the end of their miserable lives.

On the other hand, if it was free, those people would no longer be drawing tens of thousands of dollars in various forms of welfare per year. It would pay for itself in about six months, and the deficit would be gone in about a decade.